Armed Forces Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and fast paced customer service and company directive driven environment
Customer Care Center AVP, CCMC (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSFebruary 29, 2016
A typical work day included reporting all requested information to executive management in reference to company goals and objectives, to make sure all of my team members and customers were well informed and taken care of, working closely with other departments within the organization to solve customer issues, and ensure that all regulations and compliance rules were carefully followed. I had daily meetings with my team leaders to ensure that any and all changes to regulations and operations were understood and to assist in anything they needed. I was responsible for the coaching and development of my team members, any necessary disciplinary actions and the interviewing and promotion of employees within the department. I thoroughly enjoy a challenge, to learn new things and being a part of a successful team.
Pros
Room for advancement within the company, and having the opportunity to work with a very diverse group of people.
decent
Personal banking teller/ shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CADecember 13, 2015
terrible managment
awful out dated equipment
the company really needs to go green and use less paper. updated systems would defininity help with the functionality of the company. better pay would also help keep employees happier.
Great family friendly business
BAG PROCESSOR / TELLER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAOctober 1, 2015
Very first job ever and I learned alot about the military life as a worker and a spouse. Was able to utilize my customer service skills with all aspects of military branches. was a fun working environment.
Pros
all different people and cultures
Cubical work at own speed, alone
Recruit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSSeptember 28, 2015
Always changing rules or guidelines. Old building, needs to renovate. outbound calls needed to be spread out more throughout the list.
Pros
Free to work at own cubical
Cons
work the entire business day hrs
Enjoyed learning Banking Procedures
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLSeptember 11, 2015
Started with AFB in 2010. Completed various duties, Money Orders, Western Unions, Cash Advances etc. Work environment was pleasant and very professional. Manager was a super person to work for and took me under her wings to teach me every aspect of my job. Co-workers completed their perspective positions each day. It was difficult to end the day knowing that even 1 customer left our branch unhappy. Most enjoyable part was being able to offer customers new and exciting programs that would help their banking easier.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
7 day work week, On Base so therefore had to be accessible Salary
Good work enviorment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 28, 2015
I enjoyed working with Soldiers and staff on Fort Carson. The management was incredible, understanding, and easy to talk to.
Pros
Work enviorment
Cons
hours kept getting cut
Proving ground for customer service
Banking Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJuly 22, 2015
As a banking supervisor, it was my duty to oversee the day to day operations of my associates, as well as to act as a personal banker to customers. I maintained vault access, processed loan applications, credit card applications, vendor and card payments, and normal teller work. I was able to interact often with my customers and got to know the "regulars" on an intimate basis. I learned to be a leader and a trainer, and how to better deal with difficult customers and their pressing needs. Even when I did not have the resources at hand to handle their immediate requests, I perfected my customer service craft and was able to calm heated customers, and reassure them that their needs would be met on a personal level, and quickly. I was able to sell products consistently, even though I didn't always personally prefer them. I enjoyed most getting to interact with my customers, to build a genuine relationship with them, as well as with my associates, being able to be a leader among them, whom they came to respect, not to fear.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
bad products
Fast paced busy place to work for
Consumer Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 15, 2015
Overall too much work for amount of employees. Other than that, great place to work. I really don't know what else to say about the company.
No advancement here
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 10, 2015
It was a very busy bank as it was located inside of a military installation. I learned how to fill out affidavits, verify funds, sell Euros, process loan applications, and how to resolve disputes for customers with minimal damage on either side. The hardest part of the job was trying to pick apart the customer's story to figure out how to handle it, since their terminology for banking was less informed than mine. I enjoyed how busy it always was and the challenge each day brought as new issues and objectives were presented to me.
terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  leavenworth KSJune 24, 2015
I would not work here ever again. I would rather work in fast food. A typical day at work consisted of: getting screamed at for random things such as standing up from your desk for 1 second, talking with your neighbor, emails about sending out ridiculous emails.. The co-workers are all mostly leavenworth trash. If you DO get a nice person on the phone, it's a rare gem. Cherish it. They used to give $0.25 raises per year, but are still on a freeze. The hardest part of this job was answering the phone over and over again for the simplest questions customers would call about. The most enjoyable part was when I put in my 2 weeks after 6 years and only making 11/hr as an Executive Admin Assistant.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive, fun enviroment with flexible schedule. Great Management team.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 14, 2015
Very close staff. Worked together in a fun yet productive environment. Enjoyed the comradery. Challenging. One of the hardest parts of the job is that it was a branch that was open 7 days a week. You could end up working 9 days in a row with no day off and on the weekends you could be there at time until after 11 p.m. On the other hand it allowed for very flexible scheduling. Terrific management. The staff became my family away from home.
Pros
flexible schedule, management very understanding of military life and tried to work with every situation
Cons
hours
Stay away!
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJune 2, 2015
They may have changed since I was with them, however, this is bank is aweful, customer service over the phone has terrible wait times and are severely incompetent. Under trained, overworked and absolutely no room for advancement within the company!
Pros
Only place on Ft. Irwin that doesnt deal with food or require a degree.
Cons
See above.
Armed Forces Bank
Personal Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Great LakesMay 11, 2015
Amazing work place. The customers and the employees are great. I look forward to going to work everyday. There's always something new to learn and you'll never get bored.
Has potential...
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  JBLM, WAMay 5, 2015
Armed Forces Bank is a great company to get your foot in the door with banking. However, in comparison to other banks the pay is very low. Most employees have jobs for something to do and there is very high turn over in the entry level positions.
Pros
Flexible schedule, environment, entry-level
Cons
Low pay, corporate organization
Unethical
Teller (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSApril 14, 2015
Very low compensation, almost starts at minimum wage. The manager has no idea what she's doing and there is no room for advancement.
Productive, fast paced environment.
Electronic banking/ ATM dept, Support Desk, CSR. (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSApril 13, 2015
Investigated claims of theft/fraud on Bank issued Visa debit cards. Produced visa debit cards, Assisted all branches and call center employees with ATM/vdc issues.
Pros
You get to help people which is always great.Reasonable pay/benefits, great opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Dealing with angry customers can be difficult at times.
Over time
CSR Advanced (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSMarch 29, 2015
Shared a cubicle with other workers. Poor management far as working with you. Not enough shift variation. Great job starter for call center experience.
Pros
Training hours
Cons
Shift Variations
Great People to work with but poor management
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAMarch 25, 2015
Like any bank you are handling people money while it is depositing or taking out. Customers are military are depend on you to be there. Great customers and wonderful co workers.
Great Environment, Great Team
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSMarch 20, 2015
A typical day is very similar to a day in a call center. We reach out to our account holders by phone, email, and mail to help them with their accounts.
Not a fun place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MODecember 14, 2014
Not a happy place to work. I would not recommend anyone to work here. I may have just had a bad experience. But it is the only on I can record
Cons
too many to list