Armed Forces Bank

Armed Forces Bank Employer Reviews

Great atmosphere
Personal Banker I (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: getting to service my fellow military spouses and soldiers.
Cons: late work hours on certain shifts. late-ties to work is 11pm friday and saturday nights.
I would get in set up my work station due to the teller line being used by multiple employees. This bank still uses the old system of banking.
supervisogr
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJune 25, 2014
working with customers to help better their finaces. supervising tellers. balancing the vault. buying and selling cash and coin to tellers.
Eh
supervisor (Former Employee), nellisJune 18, 2014
It was ok.
coworkers were awesome
management was awful
training was like fending for yourself
pay is less than regular banks
bx hours are from 8 am to 9 pm
one of a kind
Teller (Current Employee), Edwards AFB CAJune 12, 2014
Cons: short breaks
typical day come in get drawer load up programs at your station wait for customers
poor management
Teller (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJune 4, 2014
When having issues with a lead supervisor for months I went to Management and was told to learn to deal with the situation
Great environment
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Fort Leonard Wood MOMay 17, 2014
Pros: scheduled work hours
Cons: pay
We work as a team and as individuals. Providing excellent customer service is a very important part of my job
Not fun
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Ft. LeavenworthApril 30, 2014
Did not enjoy working for this company. Building was small, management did not keep in contact with branch on a timely basis. No opportunities to advance.
Banking
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CAApril 19, 2014
It is a great experience if your looking more into the banking experience. Not only do you do the main, basic teller duties you also work your way to Personal Banker duties, such as opening account/ closing, account maintenance. They are really great life skills.
Never knew what was going to happen during your next call.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSApril 5, 2014
Pros: health insurance, salary
Cons: management, hours, customers
Extremely stressful work environment. Constant technical problems and favoritism by managers. Never knew if the next call was going to be simple or you were going to be cussed out. Not allowed to hang up on a rude customer or transfer to manager unless approved. Had great health insurance!
Alert and Ready
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 25, 2014
I loved working for Armed Forces. The skills I was taught has helped me throughout my career. At this job you had to be ready and alert at all given times.
Not much room for advancement
Vault Teller (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJanuary 31, 2014
My supervisors were great! But the manager worked you hard, but didn't want to give you "full-time" hours. The pay didn't compensate for all that we were required to accomplish.
great place to learn
bank teller (Former Employee), travis afbJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: to much drama in work place
great place to start if you want to get into the financial world,
Another day on the job
TELLER (Former Employee), Macdill Airforce Base, Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work consisted of cash handling and processing transactions with the customers at the Armed Forces Bank. I've learned much about cash handling here before I started working at Grow Financial FCU. My coworkers were a friendly group of individuals whose goal was to make work efficient and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job were the – more... night-time hours on the job, in my opinion. But the most enjoyable part of the job was the holiday pay that they would provide if we were to work on the holidays. – less
Great Job.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 6, 2013
I started off as a Teller and in less than 2 weeks, I was promoted to a supervisor position. I left because it was hard to balance with school.
A good place to work in an even better environment!
Personal Banker (Current Employee), McChord AFB, WAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: willingness to train someone with no expierience, the environment, and most of all my regular customers
Cons: no benefits and very limited hours
A typical day at work consists of greeting customers, Opening and closing accounts, Balancing cash, Cashing checks, Processing money orders, Western unions, Credit card payments, and Cross selling merchandise.
I've learned how to exceed a customers expectations in any way possible, How to handle large sums of cash, the difference between all types of – more... accounts and products at hand, and most of all how important being a team player and personal growth is to the success of a company.
When it comes to co-workers; I couldn't have asked for a better group. Co- workers at this establishment were supportive, Uplifting, and would do anything in their power to help you succeed; Whether it be defusing a problem with an upset customer or simply you just having questions. The same goes for the management. They were what you call leaders; Not bosses.
I would have to say the hardest part of the job was convincing military retirees and family members that have been with their other banks for 10 or more years to start banking with us. The key to that was letting them know that being a smaller institution; we were truly there to fulfill their needs in a personal manner. – less
very stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSOctober 2, 2013
Pros: a paycheck and health benefits
Cons: the list is too long
on the phones constantly
I learned many things regarding banking that will be usefull from now on
management was mostly negative, made me dread coming to work
hard to know co-workers, not encouraged to mingle
the hardest part of the job was listening to people cuss you out
Job security on A Military post
Teller (Former Employee), Fort Riley North, KSAugust 14, 2013
Pros: i loved working with people, this job definetly had security and was always a top priority.
Cons: we would have short breaks or even none because we would only a supervisor and teller on duty
On a typical day we tend to be slow, or steady either doing deposits, helping customers with any account detail, withdraws, etc. I have leaned a lot about the Banking Industry from this job. Our management at times were hard to get to on a busy day when we would have to get security clearances, but we always got the job done while pleasing every customer. – more... The hardest part of being a teller at times would be to remember all the necessary steps to getting our accounts set up. – less
Loved my customers!
Teller (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: customer service
Cons: manager was an alcoholic and wasn't professional.
I got to work with new people everyday and learn new things about my job everyday.
Customers First
Bank teller and vault manager (Former Employee), Ft. Lewis, WAAugust 5, 2013
This was a customer relations job, building professional relationships with my customers. Loved the growth I was allowed at this job as well as being the vault manager.
It was everything I enjoyed which is working with numbers and people.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 25, 2013
Pros: i love working with people and numbers.
Cons: when we had slow days.
I took care of customers needs and making them happy. I balanced my drawer every evening, did 10 key work and had computer skills. Processed credit card and loan payments. Helped with CDs and Money market accounts.

About Armed Forces Bank

Drop and give me a twenty. Dickinson Financial is the holding company for SunBank, Southern Commerce Bank, and three military – Read more