Armed Forces Bank

Armed Forces Bank Employee Reviews

Productive, fun enviroment with flexible schedule. Great Management team.
Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 14, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, management very understanding of military life and tried to work with every situation
Cons: hours
Very close staff. Worked together in a fun yet productive environment. Enjoyed the comradery. Challenging. One of the hardest parts of the job is that it was a branch that was open 7 days a week. You could – more... end up working 9 days in a row with no day off and on the weekends you could be there at time until after 11 p.m. On the other hand it allowed for very flexible scheduling. Terrific management. The staff became my family away from home. – less
Stay away!
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Only place on Ft. Irwin that doesnt deal with food or require a degree.
Cons: See above.
They may have changed since I was with them, however, this is bank is aweful, customer service over the phone has terrible wait times and are severely incompetent. Under trained, overworked and absolutely no room for advancement within the company!
Armed Forces Bank
Personal Banker/Teller (Current Employee), Great LakesMay 11, 2015
Amazing work place. The customers and the employees are great. I look forward to going to work everyday. There's always something new to learn and you'll never get bored.
Has potential...
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), JBLM, WAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, environment, entry-level
Cons: Low pay, corporate organization
Armed Forces Bank is a great company to get your foot in the door with banking. However, in comparison to other banks the pay is very low. Most employees have jobs for something to do and there is very high turn over in the entry level positions.
Unethical
Teller (Former Employee), Junction City, KSApril 14, 2015
Very low compensation, almost starts at minimum wage. The manager has no idea what she's doing and there is no room for advancement.
Productive, fast paced environment.
Electronic banking/ ATM dept, Support Desk, CSR. (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSApril 13, 2015
Pros: You get to help people which is always great.Reasonable pay/benefits, great opportunity for advancement.
Cons: Dealing with angry customers can be difficult at times.
Investigated claims of theft/fraud on Bank issued Visa debit cards. Produced visa debit cards, Assisted all branches and call center employees with ATM/vdc issues.
Over time
CSR Advanced (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Training hours
Cons: Shift Variations
Shared a cubicle with other workers. Poor management far as working with you. Not enough shift variation. Great job starter for call center experience.
Great People to work with but poor management
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 25, 2015
Like any bank you are handling people money while it is depositing or taking out. Customers are military are depend on you to be there. Great customers and wonderful co workers.
Great Environment, Great Team
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSMarch 20, 2015
A typical day is very similar to a day in a call center. We reach out to our account holders by phone, email, and mail to help them with their accounts.
Not a fun place
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MODecember 14, 2014
Cons: too many to list
Not a happy place to work. I would not recommend anyone to work here. I may have just had a bad experience. But it is the only on I can record
I really enjoyed working with a our military members
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 10, 2014
I was able to assist our men and women in the military with their financial needs.
Productive work place for personal goals.
Account Relationship Specialist / Banker/Sales (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: helping clients gain financial freedom. also the teamwork.
Cons: to much favoritism.not enough passion on other departments
Start the day off by calling new and existing clients to educate and sell loan and credit product. To help clients achieve education about financial freedom and how to achieve credit stability along with – more... a healthy portfolio. My managers were inspiring and just.This leads to my co workers they were like family . We al guided and brainstormed ideas for us as a team. The hardest part of the job was counting on the other departments to ensure professional results that we provided to our clients on a personal basis and completing my word to the client.The most enjoyable part of the job was client satisfaction. Knowing that I personally helped and educated the client to give them the proper direction was extremely beneficial to me. – less
fast pace, exciting, great place to work and advance
Teller (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 8, 2014
My typical day was opening the branch with a supervisor. I would prepare cash bag for the Affes cashiers. I would make deposits, cash checks, western union transaction, credit card payments and , exchange – more... euro. The management was great always willing to help wanted to see you succeed and advance further.My co- workers were amazing , even with lines around the corner working with that group was amazing. the hardest part of my job there was leaving because I was relocating to another state.The most enjoyable part of that job was recieveing a lot of knowledge skills and building relationships with my members and giving them outstanding service. – less
Very busy location
Teller (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOAugust 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay and large amount of work
Company did not offer raises or room for advancement. Branch was always very busy. Coworkers were very enjoyable to be around and work with.
Bank Teller
Customer service (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CAAugust 27, 2014
I enjoyed working there. Co-workers were very enjoyable and easy to work with. My manager was a great and always answered any questions that I had. Would work there again!
Productive and Entertaining Workplace Environment
Advanced Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Leavenworth KSAugust 10, 2014
Pros: there was a cafe in the building
Cons: lunch was only half an hour
A typical day at the bank would include of assisting customer calls on a one on one level with each customer to better assist the needs and continue developing long-lasting relations. I learned a lot on – more... the job that I didn't expect. There were times when I would have a question, and I would become frustrated when I was given inaccurate information. The hardest part of working for a call center was being sure to give accurate information to our customers and continuing to ensure that you did what you said you would, instead of just saying you were going to. I liked the customers. I was given oppurtunities when I was asked to become a manager, and I refused because I wanted to talk to customers. Every now and then, a customer would notice me and fellow employees and when that happened, we shined. It was our own way of feeling accomplished. – less
The manager makes and posts schedules a month in advance. She is very easy to work with you if ever needing anything
Personal Banker/Teller/Vault Auditor (Current Employee), Moody Air Force Base, GAJuly 28, 2014
Go to work, clock-in, use dual control on almost everything to ensure security. Everyone at the Moody AFB Branch will make you feel like you're home with family. Since it is on an Air Force Base, pay days – more... are the worst. During lunch hour, you'll have 5 people pop out of no where wanting to get money orders, send Western Unions, cashier's checks, cashing checks, withdrawing, and depositing into another account. Not in that order but you'll be surprised at how many customers actually do those kind of transactions. ONE INDIVIDUAL BAHAHA. Whenever it's slow and we're caught up on counting our money and completing transactions, we sit around and laugh and talk about random stuff. Food, movies, what ifs, and would you rather. Don't let the joking fool you. It is a strict work environment whenever it is time to WORK. Everyone helps everyone though so it would really be no big deal if something seems difficult. – less
Great atmosphere
Personal Banker I (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: getting to service my fellow military spouses and soldiers.
Cons: late work hours on certain shifts. late-ties to work is 11pm friday and saturday nights.
I would get in set up my work station due to the teller line being used by multiple employees. This bank still uses the old system of banking.
supervisogr
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJune 25, 2014
working with customers to help better their finaces. supervising tellers. balancing the vault. buying and selling cash and coin to tellers.
Eh
supervisor (Former Employee), nellisJune 18, 2014
It was ok.
coworkers were awesome
management was awful
training was like fending for yourself
pay is less than regular banks
bx hours are from 8 am to 9 pm

1 2 3

About Armed Forces Bank

Drop and give me a twenty. Dickinson Financial is the holding company for SunBank, Southern Commerce Bank, and three military – Read more

Armed Forces Bank Salaries