Armed Forces Services Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company that is expanding daily
Family Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 23, 2015
Great company that is growing quickly world wide. It is all government based employment opportunities. I was part of the Casualty Assistance Office that gave aid to Military families in their time of need. It was a highly rewarding job on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the job was obtaining monetary funds for the family that never would of known of benefits due to them without the expertise of the Survivor Services Representatives.

The process though can be very monotinous even though individual needs of the family vary daily. If you like knowing that you made a difference in someone's life, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Company recognition, 401K, health/dental plans and Educational Assistance
Cons
Company is very large and competitive
Run Away
clinical (Current Employee) –  VADecember 16, 2015
This company recently won the federal contract for Fleet and Family Support services. They came in, reduced everyone's salary, reduced paid time off to 14 days TOTAL (Both sick and vacation), took away our few 59s (when the skipper of the base sends everyone home an hour early, usually the day before a holiday) and gave us a 401k plan that they do not contribute to. We were told that even though Pres Obama has recommended that federal employees get a half a day off on Christmas Eve, this does not apply to us, so we have to stay. The morale is at an all time low since they took over and they do not care. We were told that this company will not allow us to have a Christmas luncheon, so we had to have a staff meeting during it for it to be allowed. They offer $200 per year for licensing, etc...So basically after I renew my professional license, there will be no money left for any conferences or training. Our supervisor has tried to fight for us to no avail. Literally everyone who works here is currently looking for another job and will likely leave as soon as they find something.

The worst part is that I really like my job. I love my team, I like my clients, and I like what I do. But working for a company that treats its employees so terribly is going to push me out.
Pros
?
Cons
Benefits, Pay, Respect, feeling valued as a team member
Contract transitioned employee
Contracted employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 6, 2015
Please do not work for this company they are only out for themselves they are disrespectful dishonest condescending unresponsive
Pros
Interesting work coworkers
Cons
Pay benefits dishonest
Current Worker
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 14, 2015
Very great culture, it has a family approach. All the senior managers are approachable....Pay and benefits are very low. You don't get a raises and the opportunity to advance is non existence. They expect that you deal with it but you can't live in the metro area without being paid market salaries.

AFSC could be a great place to work if they stop giving out ridiculous bonus to upper management and divide that money into cost of living raises for the staff. Turnover wouldn't be as bad....3 out of 5 leave for pay! And no one seems to do anything about it.
Pros
Cons
Very low pay
Current Employee
Nurse (Current Employee) –  SCAugust 31, 2015
The health insurance expensive. The pay is below market salary. No incentives, bonus, or raise throughout the year. No support from management or no room for growth.
Great Learning Experience
Recovery Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 11, 2016
Taking care of the wounded warriors was probably the most rewarding job that I've ever had. I learned so much about the resources needed to bring a soldier from a state of despair to recovery. The staff members were passionate about their work, and the greatest reward was making a difference in someone's life. The challenge was reaching out to the resources, when so many of them come and go. Business that look great on paper were often closed, so finding good help wasn't always easy.
Pros
Flexibility in Schedule
Cons
Not enough support in the field
horrible agency and low pay
Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lee, VAJuly 19, 2016
low pay, no communication
poor training
no room for growth
owed money for travel and trainings
too much work for too little pay
Pros
autonomy
Cons
pay benefits communication
False Hopes
Govt Contractor (Current Employee) –  VADecember 5, 2014
This company is a sham. They reel you in with a decent pay then come back a few months later demanding you sign a different offer letter. Then when you ask questions they blow you off. Pay days are on the 7th and 22nd. It those should fall on a Sunday you will not get paid until after those dates. But they give you a pay schedule stating otherwise. I am trying to find my way out of this company!!
Pros
plenty of benefits
Cons
very low pay, unprofessional
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, CODecember 12, 2015
My Typical day as usual enthusiasm, like working with kids but that was not for me. I have two kids myself at the house and I want different environment besides kids.
Good company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJune 13, 2014
Good benefits and staff but very low pay for both nurses and social workers
Pros
great staff and benefits
Cons
pay
Productive and relaxed working environment
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 17, 2015
Great people and work satisfaction. Definitely has grown quite a lot in the last couple years. Gained a lot of growth and experience here.
Employee centered employer
Victim Advocate (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 9, 2015
Armed Forces Services Corp is an employee centered company. They understand that for longevity and excellent services, they need to be fair to their employees. The management is very personable with an open door policy.
Implementing VLER to local veteran hospital and clinics
VLER HIE Coordinator/VLER Health (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 13, 2015
Great team to work with and full support from senior staff. Must adapt to various situations while promoting program to numerous departments. Some travel to rural clinics and community events.
Pros
Great staff support
Cons
Waiting for placement within facility.
Research Ethics and Compliance Officer
Research Ethics and Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 31, 2013
In my short 10 months working at the Army Human Research Protections Office , I lead of a site visit assessment of an Army installation that conducts research in San Antonio, TX. As such, my skills were enhanced regarding protocol evaluation as well as assessment of the entire Human Research Protection Program and Plan.
Pros
sill advancement
Cons
sequestration loss of contract
Great work schedule if you have a family
Home Visitor (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 9, 2015
The opportunity to learn about the military resources available to families. Twice a month you get to participate in webinars that give in depth knowledge about infant, toddler, and preschool growth and development. Able to meet a lot of families who are interested in learning more about raising emotionally, mentally, and physically healthy children.
Excellent work place
DEERS/CAC Operator (Current Employee) –  Bamberg, BYApril 21, 2014
This company is awesome. I have a wonderful job everyone is very nice and friendly. My skills have quadurpalled since i've started working here.
Pros
wonderful and knowledgable management
Cons
short breaks
Satisfaction
AF RECOVERY CARE COORDIANTOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2014
Working with wounded warriors. Assisting their transition back to active duty or if injuries so severe transition to civilian life.
Pros
pleasure of helping someone in need
I love working with the Victims and helping them out
Victim Advocate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 28, 2014
I never know what the day will bring. There is always something differente but the best challenge of my job is to help the clients and never give a NO for an answer. Being able to find them/direct them to the right people.
Pros
flexibility on the hours
Cons
bullying among co-workers and favoritisms
Wonderful and challenging
Family Advocacy Program Educator Contractor (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HawaiiJuly 23, 2014
Wonderful company to work for, but had to resign for a military move. Thank goodness this will be our last. My husband is retiring.
Common Access Card Mobile Assistance Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 25, 2012
Friendly people willing to assist in training new co-workers and guiding them in the right direction.