armed forces

armed forces Employer Reviews

Advocating
On-Call Domestic Violence Safe-Line Advocate (Current Employee), Ft Lewis, WAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers, schedule
Cons: benefits
AFSC has great people working for them in my area, however, the benefits package is way too expensive.
Armed Forces, and Adminstration Roles
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Wales, PirbrightOctober 7, 2014
I am a unique individual with a unique blend of skills, and my past jobs and experiences have allowed me to plan, create, and organise events and take on important assignments, to a deadline, under paid and with increasing difficulty.

In regards to my past jobs and experiences, I feel I have made myself better as a person, as well as my skills and – more... behaviours. Skills and behaviours I had already have been enhanced, as have my behaviours.

I have experience in the Business Administration sector, working in an office, carrying out general duties. I had worked as a volunteer for over 8 weeks with the Citizens Advice Bureau working on a lottery funded projected, which for the project the lottery allowed us £1.5 million to fund the project. I soon found myself in a busy environment within the very first two or three days of being a volunteer with the Citizens Advice Bureau. And I found myself adapting quite quickly, and from then on I started to understand and realise a bit more about how business is conducted in terms of meeting clients, and meeting and greeting clients that used or still use us.

A while after finishing at the Citizens Advice Bureau, I went on to seek another Business Administration role. I had found a vacancy for Administration in Wednesbury a few months after I started searching. I also found the environment I was in was also fast paced, and there was never a dull moment since being there. After a month, I was given the opportunity to book keeping, and do some duties as an accountant as well as administration, inputting peoples private and confidential statements, and invoices on to a database we use called Sage50 Accounts. Sage 50 accounts is and expensive software that accountants use to manage clients accounts, it’s easy and simple.

I wasn’t fully trained on Sage50 Accounts, because as an apprentice at the time there was no funding by the company for me to take up further training with book keeping and Sage50 Accounts. But I adapted and regimented myself to become familiar with the software in order to carry out and compete tasks given to me. – less
Served Aboard Nuclear Aircraft Carrier
MM - Machinist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: duration of travel is extensive
USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71, Nuclear Aircraft Carrier
• Active Duty July 1993 – July 1995
• DD214 - Honorably Discharged
• Ready Reserve July 1995 – July 2001

Duties Varied
Fun and experience together
Diesal Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 27, 2014
Pros: job, paid bills, free housing, healthcare, etc
Cons: boring, un-challenging, lenghthy, unorganized, etc
All in all the Military was one of many cultures and experiences. I came in with little knowledge of the world and what many different places, are like. The most difficult part of the service is simply learning to adapt and adjust to the many personalities that come in and out on a daily basis. it's exciting yet sometimes frustrating in one. Our bosses – more... or seargeants werent really as organized as I wish but, all in all, the missions were completed and Life moved forward. – less
Good learning experience
SPC (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great leadership and team work.
Cons: 12 hr. shifts.
I learned a lot while being enlisted; time management, organizational skills, communication skills, understanding cultural diversity, team building and leadership. For the most part, I worked in an office setting, with a team of six. I work well with others and independently. I learn at a fast pace and work well under pressure. The hardest part was – more... processing children who were seeking medical attention. The most enjoyable part was getting the job done. – less
Wonderful place to work
Help Desk Support (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 11, 2013
Pros: learning and experience
Cons: no stability
This has possible been one of the best jobs I've had. I came there at a time when they really need someone and I didn't have all the qualifications they were looking for...That was 2 and a half years ago.
I have learned everything from imaging laptops to managing accounts in Active Directory. I have been privileged to work with some amazing people and – more... to give something back to the people that have fought and protected our country.
Although this has been quite a learning experience for me, I think the hardest part is not being able to become a permanent employee, which at times can be very discouraging.
But all in all, I appreciate the opportunity and the many things I have learn and the GREAT people that I have met and that I work for and with on a daily basis – less
Able to go places
Material Control and Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 9, 2013
Learned different culture and jobs, work in war zone, maintain a good relationship with co-workers
Great Job great responsibility
Reserves Chemical Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: not one
Go for it its great it will be what you make it. you get to travel meet new people for me it feels good doing something that will make an impact on the people around me
Its a pleasure serving your country.
Private (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILSeptember 9, 2013
I was truly a pleasure serving my country. It teaches you a lot about yourself and how to discipline yourself.
productive filled with unique colleagues
Dy Chief of Mil Researches Branch at Armored HQ (Former Employee), Cairo, CairoApril 30, 2013
Pros: free launches, presents and health insurance
Cons: short annual leave
Attending morning PT
Check the attendance of the unit
Distribute the work according to the work plan
Supevise the subordinates execution of the work
Fill up daily documents
Report the daily activity to the immediate supervisor
Review work plan and ammend it as required
Facilitate any problems
Socialize with the subordinates to raise their morals up – more... and uncover Any problem they may face and take the issential remidal action
The hardest part of the job:
Happens when the sub-workers need something which is out of my authority and I can't help
The most enjoyable part of the job:
Feeling the buity of the teamwork environment – less
The work was confidential
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Stationed at Fort McPherson, GAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: loved being in the military
Cons: there were no cons for the job
Provided Security for Fort McPherson and Fort Gillum, I worked for the US Government in the Armed Forces. It was fun.
Drove Tanks M60, M1A1 Abrams
Lead Driver (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: all housing and medical was taken care of by the army.
Cons: some times the food was great but i don't have too many complaints.
Would participate in daily maintenance of Tanks, and equipment. Waiting for orders Military command post, and participating in exercises. The hardest part of my job is it required you to work sometimes 24 hour shifts. I enjoyed the opportunity the Army gave because it taught me how have a great work ethic and to understand how to build great life skills.
Producticve and wonderful work environment.
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 5, 2012
Excellent employees, great environment, also learned great organizational skills along with military bearing.
safety eng
enjoy with my team
manufacture
A very stimulating job.
Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), GermanyOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free health care, cheap living accommodation, military discount at places
Cons: you have to be very adaptable to work conditions, your away from home for long periods of time
Its hard to say what a typical day at work is as you have to be very flexible, as your job is different from day to day.
You will all have have your own specific job which you will do, like me i was a vehicle mechanic but not always there was work to do so i would go and help some one else out who need the help.
I learnt how to carry out voice commands – more... whilst under pressure and in intense atmosphere.
I took control of a small team enabling us to complete tasks to deadlines.
I was to make sure all vehicles that came into the workshop was repaired and back on the road within a period of time, i was to ensure all documents was filled out and correctly logged before allowing the vehicle out the workshop.
I completed numerous of mechanical courses allowing to work on different military vehicle from, small land rovers to 20-tonne tanks, as well as completing mechanical course i also gained numerous driving licences from B cat to C+E i also did my H cat enabling me to drive tracked vehicle on the road.
I completed 12 months at the school of electrical and mechanical engineering where i learnt all about mechanics on military vehicle. Though out my military career i have gain numerous quantification's sadly some of them are not recognized out on civi street.

The hardest part of the job was the initial 6 months of basic training, where you was adapting to the military life but also that's where i share some of my best memory's too. – less
Its the Army
Combat Medic (Former Employee), UKSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: cheap everything
Cons: dying abroad
You run round a lot, and play with guns. then get shouted at for thinking for yourself when just minutes before you will have been told to think for yourself more.
army
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee), Reading, ENGAugust 21, 2014
Pros: army
Cons: away from home
fantastic place to be was great fun enjoyed loads shooting weapons and being in tanks
fun and hardworking workplace
RLC driver (Former Employee), gutersloh germanyAugust 10, 2014
it was a hard working job which i loved there was the excerices where you would be out for days on end supporting the rest of your troop and protecting them from the enemy [training wise) then the going on tour and fighting for your country is rewarding
Great job but very demanding
Fitness Instructor, Chef and Soldier (Former Employee), Plymouth, ENGAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great team ethos
Cons: very long hours
I have enjoyed the Armed Forces but the high demands that come with the job have made it difficult for me to carry on.Not every day is the same but an average day would cosist of me taking fitness classes during the morning and catering in the afternoons.
Challenging but fun experience
Soldier insight course (Former Employee), Yorkshire, ENGJune 21, 2014
A look into the life of a soldier. Up at 6 am to give yourself enough time to get yourself and the room ready. Long hours and demanding challenges throughout the day, both physically and mentally.

1 2 3 4