armed forces

armed forces Employer Reviews

Served Aboard Nuclear Aircraft Carrier
MM - Machinist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: duration of travel is extensive
USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71, Nuclear Aircraft Carrier
• Active Duty July 1993 – July 1995
• DD214 - Honorably Discharged
• Ready Reserve July 1995 – July 2001

Duties Varied
Fun and experience together
Diesal Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 27, 2014
Pros: job, paid bills, free housing, healthcare, etc
Cons: boring, un-challenging, lenghthy, unorganized, etc
All in all the Military was one of many cultures and experiences. I came in with little knowledge of the world and what many different places, are like. The most difficult part of the service is simply learning to adapt and adjust to the many personalities that come in and out on a daily basis. it's exciting yet sometimes frustrating in one. Our bosses – more... or seargeants werent really as organized as I wish but, all in all, the missions were completed and Life moved forward. – less
Fun workplace with great people
medical/Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Marys, GeorgiaMay 10, 2014
Pros: kept employees fit by giving us longer breaks for physical training
Cons: long deployments and constant relocation
Top-notch leadership
Lots of training to make people equally great on the job
A diverse group of coworkers who understood and dealt with each others needs on a daily basis
Hardest part of job was deployments overseas for long periods leaving friends and family behind.
Good learning experience
SPC (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great leadership and team work.
Cons: 12 hr. shifts.
I learned a lot while being enlisted; time management, organizational skills, communication skills, understanding cultural diversity, team building and leadership. For the most part, I worked in an office setting, with a team of six. I work well with others and independently. I learn at a fast pace and work well under pressure. The hardest part was – more... processing children who were seeking medical attention. The most enjoyable part was getting the job done. – less
Able to go places
Material Control and Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 9, 2013
Learned different culture and jobs, work in war zone, maintain a good relationship with co-workers
Great Job great responsibility
Reserves Chemical Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: not one
Go for it its great it will be what you make it. you get to travel meet new people for me it feels good doing something that will make an impact on the people around me
Its a pleasure serving your country.
Private (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILSeptember 9, 2013
I was truly a pleasure serving my country. It teaches you a lot about yourself and how to discipline yourself.
Extreme environment
Assistant medical director of Health (Former Employee), DRMay 3, 2013
Do not know what you can expect on a regular day. I can take my own decisions.
productive filled with unique colleagues
Dy Chief of Mil Researches Branch at Armored HQ (Former Employee), Cairo, CairoApril 30, 2013
Pros: free launches, presents and health insurance
Cons: short annual leave
Attending morning PT
Check the attendance of the unit
Distribute the work according to the work plan
Supevise the subordinates execution of the work
Fill up daily documents
Report the daily activity to the immediate supervisor
Review work plan and ammend it as required
Facilitate any problems
Socialize with the subordinates to raise their morals up – more... and uncover Any problem they may face and take the issential remidal action
The hardest part of the job:
Happens when the sub-workers need something which is out of my authority and I can't help
The most enjoyable part of the job:
Feeling the buity of the teamwork environment – less
The work was confidential
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Stationed at Fort McPherson, GAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: loved being in the military
Cons: there were no cons for the job
Provided Security for Fort McPherson and Fort Gillum, I worked for the US Government in the Armed Forces. It was fun.
Drove Tanks M60, M1A1 Abrams
Lead Driver (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: all housing and medical was taken care of by the army.
Cons: some times the food was great but i don't have too many complaints.
Would participate in daily maintenance of Tanks, and equipment. Waiting for orders Military command post, and participating in exercises. The hardest part of my job is it required you to work sometimes 24 hour shifts. I enjoyed the opportunity the Army gave because it taught me how have a great work ethic and to understand how to build great life skills.
Producticve and wonderful work environment.
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 5, 2012
Excellent employees, great environment, also learned great organizational skills along with military bearing.
safety eng
enjoy with my team
manufacture
Challenging but fun experience
Soldier insight course (Former Employee), Yorkshire, ENGJune 21, 2014
A look into the life of a soldier. Up at 6 am to give yourself enough time to get yourself and the room ready. Long hours and demanding challenges throughout the day, both physically and mentally.
Demanding, long hours, challenging, rewarding
Senior Manager (Former Employee), World WideJune 19, 2014
Pros: extensive package and pay
Cons: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no quality of life for the last 25 years
- Unit Welfare Officer, responsible for welfare infrastructure, counseling and guidance for 4500 personnel (including civilians and children) and staff management of personnel.
- Integration, liaison and communication with East Riding of York County Council for Housing, Adult Education, NHS provision, Social Services, Police, Community Services, Military – more... Service Community providers and marketing agencies.
- Facilities Manager for a Community Centre, office complex and rest and recuperation buildings. Occupation / maintenance / repairs / inspections / building renovations of housing, evictions of tenants and the resolution of tenancy disputes.
- Advertising and marketing of housing, support agencies and local amenities.
- Chairman for Welfare meetings / public events planner and coordinator.

I am a loyal, self-motivated, thoroughly tested Senior Manager with an extensive experience of leading teams, facilities management and working with young adults. I have managed multiple sites, large scale accommodation facilities and infrastructure projects, both in the UK and internationally. I have a strong leadership ethos gained from an extensive military career. Dedicated, diligent and a proactive task leader I will add value to your organisation.

I am responsible for 4500 personnel over a large scale Ministry of Defence site in Hull, this includes civilian employees, service soldiers and families. As a Senior Manager I am only answerable to the Managing Director and have autonomy over strategic planning and daily functions for the companies housing and welfare operations. I plan and direct essential internal and external support services such as reception, grounds and accommodation maintenance, standards, discipline, security, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling, ensuring that the estate meets Health and Safety requirements. Contractors are monitored to ensure satisfactory standards are maintained and any deficiencies reported.

I have conducted analytical and physical reviews of housing stock, administrative buildings, furnishings, social development consumables and activities, raising funds to refurbish my estate. I have written policies standardising working practices, introduced hierarchical reform and implemented best practices that have increased productivity, reduced risk and costs. Identified opportunities to improved internal and external communications and forged links within industry and County Councils to improve service provision. I am experienced in operational planning and project coordination, recruiting, retention and managing a £1.1 million budget to within 1% to reduce financial loss and provide value for money. – less
the hardest part of the job
CORPORAL/2nd in command in officers mess (Former Employee), catterick garrisonJune 5, 2014
Pros: well looked after
Cons: can be long house at times
leaving family behind while you serve in Afghanistan? iraq and many other exercise's
Armed Forces
Police Officer (Current Employee), United KingdomMay 28, 2014
Pros: pay & benefits, job security
Cons: long hours, unpredictable, lack of time for family & social life.
A typical day in my current employment has me investigating historical events that occurred throughout the united kingdom.

It involves extensive research through archived documents and casefiles. All the evidence is re-investigated and compiled into a new casefile before been submitted for a formal review.

My co-workers are a close knit team that – more... require me to have an ability to work together but also independent work with no supervision. A deadline is set for all work and the team is required to assist in ensuring all criteria is met before submission.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining a high level of investigative knowledge and output but also maintaining high levels of physical fitness which can clash as work loads increase.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the outcome. If you get a successful case you can assist the victims of crime. The successful conviction means that those who have suffered can move on with knowledge that they can rely on us to treat them fairly and they are safer. – less
It was productive and attractive
Chef (Former Employee), catterick,darlingtonMay 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, dinners
I enjoyed it and liked to travel a lot.I had a chance to go to iraq,germany,cyprus,and scotland.It was a good chance to enahce myself and develop.But due to family problems that time i had to leave.
Armed Forces Senior HR Administrator
Senior HR Manager (Current Employee), United KingdomMay 26, 2014
Pros: family life, salary, camaradarie
Cons: deployments, absence from family
• Team leadership and mentor to 14 HR Managers. Using applied methods allowed further training, and mentoring, of the HR Managers to be effective in their role, and support, of 500 personnel and pay accounts adding value to both the HR team and client thus allowing complex HR issues to be resolved quickly and efficiently. Proven instructional capabilities – more... on select IT software packages and communications systems.
• Flexible outlook on planning key strategic initiatives driven by business need. Acute commercial awareness when required to implement a new contract for schooling provision within Belgium and the associated transport need (total contract cost circa £3 mil per year). Engagement at all levels with key stakeholders ensured that the timely delivery of this important facet of armed forces life abroad was delivered on time and to the highest degree of customer satisfaction; a great success.
• Developed HR strategy, systems and processes to be used as best practice across the corporation. Using a 2 stage planning process both short term and longer term company competencies, for positions, were defined and a talent management initiative implemented to find the best candidates for roles. HR infrastructure revisited to ensure basic needs were in place to accommodate current, and future, HR needs (HRIS). Good communication applied and competencies continuously monitored to ensure strong buy in and also a successful HR delivery; a success.
An awesome place to work. – less
productive and fun place to work.
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee), Paderborn, NWMay 16, 2014
Pros: working with people and learning new things everyday.
Cons: long hours.
We had a high level of fitness training each day, our general duties would be working on the vehicles keeping them maintained to a high standard.
Twice a month would be rota based for us to be on guard this would involve keeping the surroundings safe and secure, checking id passes and any visitors as well as checking vehicles coming in to the camp, – more... whilst on CCTV we would be looking out for any suspicious and unwanted guests this required alot of attention also to be alert and aware of what is going on around the camp making sure we have a high level of communication especially to my team members.
we would be on guard at the gate with our weapons we would do this working together rotating shifts between us.
i enjoyed working away , going on tour and helping those around me, whilst in the army i have learnt alot and thrived in my position.
I am now eager for a new and fresh challenge and to learn new skills and meet new people. – less

1 2 3 4