armed forces

armed forces Employer Reviews

Served Aboard Nuclear Aircraft Carrier
MM - Machinist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: duration of travel is extensive
USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71, Nuclear Aircraft Carrier
• Active Duty July 1993 – July 1995
• DD214 - Honorably Discharged
• Ready Reserve July 1995 – July 2001

Duties Varied
Fun and experience together
Diesal Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 27, 2014
Pros: job, paid bills, free housing, healthcare, etc
Cons: boring, un-challenging, lenghthy, unorganized, etc
All in all the Military was one of many cultures and experiences. I came in with little knowledge of the world and what many different places, are like. The most difficult part of the service is simply learning to adapt and adjust to the many personalities that come in and out on a daily basis. it's exciting yet sometimes frustrating in one. Our bosses – more... or seargeants werent really as organized as I wish but, all in all, the missions were completed and Life moved forward. – less
Fun workplace with great people
medical/Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Marys, GeorgiaMay 10, 2014
Pros: kept employees fit by giving us longer breaks for physical training
Cons: long deployments and constant relocation
Top-notch leadership
Lots of training to make people equally great on the job
A diverse group of coworkers who understood and dealt with each others needs on a daily basis
Hardest part of job was deployments overseas for long periods leaving friends and family behind.
Good learning experience
SPC (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great leadership and team work.
Cons: 12 hr. shifts.
I learned a lot while being enlisted; time management, organizational skills, communication skills, understanding cultural diversity, team building and leadership. For the most part, I worked in an office setting, with a team of six. I work well with others and independently. I learn at a fast pace and work well under pressure. The hardest part was – more... processing children who were seeking medical attention. The most enjoyable part was getting the job done. – less
Wonderful place to work
Help Desk Support (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 11, 2013
Pros: learning and experience
Cons: no stability
This has possible been one of the best jobs I've had. I came there at a time when they really need someone and I didn't have all the qualifications they were looking for...That was 2 and a half years ago.
I have learned everything from imaging laptops to managing accounts in Active Directory. I have been privileged to work with some amazing people and – more... to give something back to the people that have fought and protected our country.
Although this has been quite a learning experience for me, I think the hardest part is not being able to become a permanent employee, which at times can be very discouraging.
But all in all, I appreciate the opportunity and the many things I have learn and the GREAT people that I have met and that I work for and with on a daily basis – less
Able to go places
Material Control and Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 9, 2013
Learned different culture and jobs, work in war zone, maintain a good relationship with co-workers
Great Job great responsibility
Reserves Chemical Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: not one
Go for it its great it will be what you make it. you get to travel meet new people for me it feels good doing something that will make an impact on the people around me
Its a pleasure serving your country.
Private (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILSeptember 9, 2013
I was truly a pleasure serving my country. It teaches you a lot about yourself and how to discipline yourself.
productive filled with unique colleagues
Dy Chief of Mil Researches Branch at Armored HQ (Former Employee), Cairo, CairoApril 30, 2013
Pros: free launches, presents and health insurance
Cons: short annual leave
Attending morning PT
Check the attendance of the unit
Distribute the work according to the work plan
Supevise the subordinates execution of the work
Fill up daily documents
Report the daily activity to the immediate supervisor
Review work plan and ammend it as required
Facilitate any problems
Socialize with the subordinates to raise their morals up – more... and uncover Any problem they may face and take the issential remidal action
The hardest part of the job:
Happens when the sub-workers need something which is out of my authority and I can't help
The most enjoyable part of the job:
Feeling the buity of the teamwork environment – less
The work was confidential
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Stationed at Fort McPherson, GAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: loved being in the military
Cons: there were no cons for the job
Provided Security for Fort McPherson and Fort Gillum, I worked for the US Government in the Armed Forces. It was fun.
Drove Tanks M60, M1A1 Abrams
Lead Driver (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: all housing and medical was taken care of by the army.
Cons: some times the food was great but i don't have too many complaints.
Would participate in daily maintenance of Tanks, and equipment. Waiting for orders Military command post, and participating in exercises. The hardest part of my job is it required you to work sometimes 24 hour shifts. I enjoyed the opportunity the Army gave because it taught me how have a great work ethic and to understand how to build great life skills.
Producticve and wonderful work environment.
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 5, 2012
Excellent employees, great environment, also learned great organizational skills along with military bearing.
safety eng
enjoy with my team
manufacture
army
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee), Reading, ENGAugust 21, 2014
Pros: army
Cons: away from home
fantastic place to be was great fun enjoyed loads shooting weapons and being in tanks
fun and hardworking workplace
RLC driver (Former Employee), gutersloh germanyAugust 10, 2014
it was a hard working job which i loved there was the excerices where you would be out for days on end supporting the rest of your troop and protecting them from the enemy [training wise) then the going on tour and fighting for your country is rewarding
Great job but very demanding
Fitness Instructor, Chef and Soldier (Former Employee), Plymouth, ENGAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great team ethos
Cons: very long hours
I have enjoyed the Armed Forces but the high demands that come with the job have made it difficult for me to carry on.Not every day is the same but an average day would cosist of me taking fitness classes during the morning and catering in the afternoons.
Challenging but fun experience
Soldier insight course (Former Employee), Yorkshire, ENGJune 21, 2014
A look into the life of a soldier. Up at 6 am to give yourself enough time to get yourself and the room ready. Long hours and demanding challenges throughout the day, both physically and mentally.
Demanding, long hours, challenging, rewarding
Senior Manager (Former Employee), World WideJune 19, 2014
Pros: extensive package and pay
Cons: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no quality of life for the last 25 years
- Unit Welfare Officer, responsible for welfare infrastructure, counseling and guidance for 4500 personnel (including civilians and children) and staff management of personnel.
- Integration, liaison and communication with East Riding of York County Council for Housing, Adult Education, NHS provision, Social Services, Police, Community Services, Military – more... Service Community providers and marketing agencies.
- Facilities Manager for a Community Centre, office complex and rest and recuperation buildings. Occupation / maintenance / repairs / inspections / building renovations of housing, evictions of tenants and the resolution of tenancy disputes.
- Advertising and marketing of housing, support agencies and local amenities.
- Chairman for Welfare meetings / public events planner and coordinator.

I am a loyal, self-motivated, thoroughly tested Senior Manager with an extensive experience of leading teams, facilities management and working with young adults. I have managed multiple sites, large scale accommodation facilities and infrastructure projects, both in the UK and internationally. I have a strong leadership ethos gained from an extensive military career. Dedicated, diligent and a proactive task leader I will add value to your organisation.

I am responsible for 4500 personnel over a large scale Ministry of Defence site in Hull, this includes civilian employees, service soldiers and families. As a Senior Manager I am only answerable to the Managing Director and have autonomy over strategic planning and daily functions for the companies housing and welfare operations. I plan and direct essential internal and external support services such as reception, grounds and accommodation maintenance, standards, discipline, security, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling, ensuring that the estate meets Health and Safety requirements. Contractors are monitored to ensure satisfactory standards are maintained and any deficiencies reported.

I have conducted analytical and physical reviews of housing stock, administrative buildings, furnishings, social development consumables and activities, raising funds to refurbish my estate. I have written policies standardising working practices, introduced hierarchical reform and implemented best practices that have increased productivity, reduced risk and costs. Identified opportunities to improved internal and external communications and forged links within industry and County Councils to improve service provision. I am experienced in operational planning and project coordination, recruiting, retention and managing a £1.1 million budget to within 1% to reduce financial loss and provide value for money. – less
the hardest part of the job
CORPORAL/2nd in command in officers mess (Former Employee), catterick garrisonJune 5, 2014
Pros: well looked after
Cons: can be long house at times
leaving family behind while you serve in Afghanistan? iraq and many other exercise's
Armed Forces
Police Officer (Current Employee), United KingdomMay 28, 2014
Pros: pay & benefits, job security
Cons: long hours, unpredictable, lack of time for family & social life.
A typical day in my current employment has me investigating historical events that occurred throughout the united kingdom.

It involves extensive research through archived documents and casefiles. All the evidence is re-investigated and compiled into a new casefile before been submitted for a formal review.

My co-workers are a close knit team that – more... require me to have an ability to work together but also independent work with no supervision. A deadline is set for all work and the team is required to assist in ensuring all criteria is met before submission.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining a high level of investigative knowledge and output but also maintaining high levels of physical fitness which can clash as work loads increase.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the outcome. If you get a successful case you can assist the victims of crime. The successful conviction means that those who have suffered can move on with knowledge that they can rely on us to treat them fairly and they are safer. – less

1 2 3 4