armed forces

armed forces Employer Reviews

It was productive and attractive
Chef (Former Employee), catterick,darlingtonMay 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, dinners
I enjoyed it and liked to travel a lot.I had a chance to go to iraq,germany,cyprus,and scotland.It was a good chance to enahce myself and develop.But due to family problems that time i had to leave.
Armed Forces Senior HR Administrator
Senior HR Manager (Current Employee), United KingdomMay 26, 2014
Pros: family life, salary, camaradarie
Cons: deployments, absence from family
• Team leadership and mentor to 14 HR Managers. Using applied methods allowed further training, and mentoring, of the HR Managers to be effective in their role, and support, of 500 personnel and pay accounts adding value to both the HR team and client thus allowing complex HR issues to be resolved quickly and efficiently. Proven instructional capabilities – more... on select IT software packages and communications systems.
• Flexible outlook on planning key strategic initiatives driven by business need. Acute commercial awareness when required to implement a new contract for schooling provision within Belgium and the associated transport need (total contract cost circa £3 mil per year). Engagement at all levels with key stakeholders ensured that the timely delivery of this important facet of armed forces life abroad was delivered on time and to the highest degree of customer satisfaction; a great success.
• Developed HR strategy, systems and processes to be used as best practice across the corporation. Using a 2 stage planning process both short term and longer term company competencies, for positions, were defined and a talent management initiative implemented to find the best candidates for roles. HR infrastructure revisited to ensure basic needs were in place to accommodate current, and future, HR needs (HRIS). Good communication applied and competencies continuously monitored to ensure strong buy in and also a successful HR delivery; a success.
An awesome place to work. – less
productive and fun place to work.
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee), Paderborn, NWMay 16, 2014
Pros: working with people and learning new things everyday.
Cons: long hours.
We had a high level of fitness training each day, our general duties would be working on the vehicles keeping them maintained to a high standard.
Twice a month would be rota based for us to be on guard this would involve keeping the surroundings safe and secure, checking id passes and any visitors as well as checking vehicles coming in to the camp, – more... whilst on CCTV we would be looking out for any suspicious and unwanted guests this required alot of attention also to be alert and aware of what is going on around the camp making sure we have a high level of communication especially to my team members.
we would be on guard at the gate with our weapons we would do this working together rotating shifts between us.
i enjoyed working away , going on tour and helping those around me, whilst in the army i have learnt alot and thrived in my position.
I am now eager for a new and fresh challenge and to learn new skills and meet new people. – less
great fun
Soldier (Former Employee), Catterick Garrison, ENGMay 9, 2014
Great way of life and would highly recommend signing up!
Have to be very fit tho.
Second Family
Military (Former Employee), Portsmouth, ENGMay 6, 2014
Pros: great friends who are now my extended family
Cons: war!! i know this is why we join the military but still my biggest con
Loved everything about the army and wish I hadn't left. Met a great bunch of guys/girls who I class as my extended family, I'll never meet friends like them again. Most of the time you spend your time laughing whilst at the same time acting very professional.
teamwork, fun,good, oppurtunities
Sergeant (Former Employee), Larkhill wiltshireApril 14, 2014
enjoyed a good 22 years in the Royal Artillery,thoroughly recommended
Army Life
Regimental Catering Warrant Officer (Former Employee), Cyprus Station, ENGApril 1, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: long uncertain hours
Great lifestyle with pros and cons. Enjoyed all aspects of the life in the Army.
nice surrodings and peaceful workplace
Trainee Guardsman (Former Employee), Catterick Garrison, ENGFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: quiet surrondings
Cons: no security shelter
loved doing this job as it was helping me get my license and was a good company to work for
soldier
soldier (Former Employee), edinburghJanuary 23, 2014
best time of life made me better person in my self i enjoyed everyday .
Secure Environment with high pressure
IT SECURITY Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJanuary 19, 2014
Got best training for security and Network side
Studied a lot about hacking
fun and hard working
private (Former Employee), harrogateJanuary 13, 2014
taught to work on my own initiative ,working as a team, being able to give and take any task at hand safety not only to myself but to others
fun place to work
Line Manager (Former Employee), Aldershot, ENGJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: free accommadation
Cons: long hours
many of good days travel well get looked after, learn something new everyday, most enjoyable moment of my career, Afghan Iraq
good lifestyle, life skills learnt
Soldier (Current Employee), Catterick Garrison, ENGDecember 29, 2013
Pros: keeping fit
Cons: 24 hour guard
my typical day at work would be keeping very fit and training for warfare, early starts and time keeping is essential. Typical daily administration handling kit and equipment of high value and danger. listening to, understanding and completing every task witch is given to me. I learned key life skills such as time keeping personal administration discipline – more... maths English and it qualifications the hardest part of the job is having served in Afghanistan and the most enjoyable part is the friends you make and you get to travel the world. – less
i am leaving the Army as i want to try something new
Lance Corporal (Current Employee), wilkshire TidworthDecember 23, 2013
Pros: i have breakfast, lunch and dinner at work
Cons: my average hours at work are 7 am untill half 5pm
I am currently leaving the Army and want to work in a Gym or work in the gym on a cruise ship or as a bar tender. I control 100 + in the gym in the British Army .my hardest part of my job was being in Afghanistan and my most enjoyable part was Afghanistan and being able to control 100 + men. I have learnt how to be a team leader, to respect for others – more... and how to co-operate with others. – less
It was very nice to work at the Armed Forces station
marine engeneer, plant fitter (Former Employee), Cyprus Station, ENGDecember 21, 2013
I have met Lots of people improved my skills and have had lots of experience. I have been sent on cources.I can control people and the job layout. By this way i learnt to talk in greek also. Now I know 3 languages English, Turkish, Greek
loved it the most
Postal and courier operator (Former Employee), Motherwell, SCTDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great place for working as a team
Cons: wish i didn, t get medically disscharged
would be great to still be there, it was what i always wanted to do. didnt work out but learned a lot to help me later in life.
never the same day routine
Army (Former Employee), Tidworth ED, ENGNovember 28, 2013
Pros: good people and friends
Cons: long hours
A good place to work, meet a good bunch of people and get qualifid in many different thing.
school work experience.
work experience (Former Employee), ENGOctober 29, 2013
Pros: my friends were with me.
Cons: realised the army is not for me..
i enjoyed learning about the army..and everything they do.
Most secure and rewarding job.
Driver / Lance Corporal (Former Employee), UKOctober 27, 2013
Each day was different and challenging. I learned to be part of a team and to take control of all types of situations. Working with all types of people from all different types of backgrounds. The most hardest part of being a Soldier was when travelling to different countries to get the message across that we were there to help not to cause trouble. – more... i enjoyed all aspects of the job including working part of a team. – less
hard working yet enjoyable
driver/communicatin specialist (Former Employee), Basingstoke, ENGOctober 25, 2013
working in the stores department meant that i had to make sure that all my stock was neat and tidy and easily accessed. i have learned how to manage stock correctly and customer service.