armed forces

armed forces Employer Reviews

not to bad
Lance Corporal (Current Employee), KentApril 15, 2013
Pros: good wage
Cons: attitudes of work collegues vary
typical day is to first parade the vehicles and repair when needed , transport management so if a vehicle is need then i am to allocate and sort all the correct paperwork for that journey.
N/A
Operations Junior Non Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), AbongdonFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Extremely Big Organisation, where i have learnt a lot over the years.
Army
Royal Artillery Gunner (Former Employee), PortsmouthNovember 21, 2012
Pros: travel and working with different people in different countries with different ways of life
A typical day at work would involve a morning parade to show attendance and then fixing tanks and land rovers or tuning in the radios VHF/HF to insure all worked. I learned everything from discipline to being able to drive a tank and launch a missile.

Being part of the Army meant all co-workers was like your family. we all loved being part of a team – more... and also when it came to it i worked very efficient under pressure to complete tasks as an individual.

Their wasn't a hard part of the job as you sign up to be away from family and work to the best of your abililty no matter what the atmosphere is. So you are already prepared. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with people all the time and then when needed being able to cope with it. – less
tough fun and exciting
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee), CatterickNovember 15, 2012
Pros: free meals
Cons: the hours we worked
The Armed Forces was challenging some days we would be exercising and the next we would be doing drill. I learned how to work as not just part of a team as a family. the officers were strict and punished us a lot but thats their job. My co-workers were all great to get along with and everyone was there to help if you needed something. The hardest part – more... of the job was drill. The most enjoyable was the firing range. – less
sociable and fun but also hard working
port operator (Former Employee), southamptonOctober 10, 2012
Pros: social
Cons: lack of communication
a job full of teamwork but requires trust so a lot of working alone unsupervised.
hard working and productive kitchen
chef (Current Employee), london windsorAugust 29, 2012
A typical day at work is preparing and cooking meals to a very high standard, 3 meals a day everyday, for around one hundred people per meal. The team i was working with were supportive also you could learn from them.
I learned all the aspects of cookery i know today i also gained an NVQ level 2 in food catering and hospitality. The most enjoyable part – more... of my job was the satisfaction i gained in serving to the public high quality and tasty food. – less
Administration and Instructor
Team Leader (Former Employee), WorldewideJune 27, 2012
Pros: varied lifestyle lots of travelling and freinds made
Cons: oversea deploymets
A typicla day at work would be dealing with a team of 20 instructors making sure they are all well equipped and ready to teach. Looking after all administartion elements and dealing with the customer on the coal face.
I have learned how to achieve the very best from both my team and myself and would class myself as a very proffesional and motivated – more... person.
I have worked for a varied different type of manager and have always adappted to there way of thinking and produced excellent reults.
Simply been away from home for 6 months at a time has become the hardest part of the Job.
Working with some very outgoing and proffesional people along my long carrier. – less
Produktiver Arbeitsort
Butcher/Cook (Former Employee), Karlsruhe/DeutschlandNovember 15, 2013
Pros: kostenlose verpflegung
Cons: keine schulungen
1. Zuschnitt und Portionierung von Fleisch für Küche