The Office Assistant/National Board Coordinator manages daily functions within the office and communications with the National Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage daily functions within National Headquarters office.
- Review and distribute daily all mail and parcel deliveries.
- Maintain, service, and replace all office equipment; be main point of contact for vendors and contact as needed.
- Purchase and restock all office supplies (stationery, office supplies, kitchen supplies, etc.); ensure purchases are necessary and remain in budget.
- Maintain clean and professional office spaces including common areas (conference room, storage room).
- Add postage to PB machine and pay automatic deposits.
- Deposit all incoming donation/non-donation monies into bank account and route documentation to internal staff.
- Coordinate all changes to the phone system including messaging and updating of phone lists.
- Ensure start up and shut down of office machines daily.
- Answer incoming calls and route to appropriate staff member.
- Assist staff with various office needs and ensure office runs smoothly.
- Coordinate National Board activities.
- Prepare prospective board member brief books by ensuring information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintain and update Board website to ensure it has current information.
- Review other web sites that contain Board information and work with owner of web site to correct information as needed.
- Respond to calls and emails from board members; answer questions and provide information as requested.
- Request information from board members as needed.
- Assist with monthly CEO Update, to be distributed to Board.
- Prepare materials for board meetings.
- Facilitate board meetings twice a year; coordinate on location, equipment needed, logistics, and general meeting planning.
- Coordinate completion of YMCA of the USA Annual Report; request branch and HQ staff complete relevant sections, utilize web based report system to track progress and follow up on items for completion, and ensure report is submitted by due dates.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with CEO and COO, Executive Director and other trainings.
- Assist CEO and COO with daily tasks as needed.
- Create internal presentations, awards, and framed artwork/engraving as needed.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the National Headquarters Team, National Board of Directors, and ASYMCA branches.
- Represents the Armed Services YMCA with a professional and positive demeanor.
- Adhere to ASYMCA’s organizational policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- 2+ years experience working in office environment and coordinating office tasks.
- Event/meeting planning experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills and able to deal with a wide range of relationships and situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office; able to learn new programs quickly.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Available for business travel, estimated up to 20%.
- Highly self motivated and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with varying deadlines.
- Team player; motivated to achieve personal, team and organization goals.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills.
- Able to present a professional and positive demeanor with internal and external customers/clients and work cooperatively.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Able to successfully pass a criminal, driving, and employment reference background check.
- Strong organizational skills.
The Armed Services YMCA is a top-rated military nonprofit designed to make military life easier.