Armellini Express Lines Inc Employee Reviews

Terrible pay and cold
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLDecember 26, 2017
Treat warehouse personnel terribly. If you just need a job while you're looking for another, go here. But keep looking because it's terrible. Training is nonexistent. Most of upper management are family and friends who have been there 20+ years. Synopsis is the job is terrible. People have quit 1 hour after working. You are just a number.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Atmosphere is good ole boys club, Upper https: is disconnected from struggles of everyday life for workers.
Fun, relaxed
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2017
Supervising 15-20 drivers (mostly men) on a daily basis to delivery and pick up both freight and flower loads. I learned to calculate freight time and fuel. My immediate supervisor was mostly fair. He always had his employees back. The workplace culture was laid back but steady. The hardest part of the job was having to stand your ground with men who mostly did not like to take orders from women. The most enjoyable part was completing every task, and getting all loads out on time without any casualties.
Pros
Pay, management
Cons
No health care
A good job if you want to be content.
Night Dispatch Lead (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLOctober 2, 2017
12 hour shifts.
No encouragement.
Lack of follow-through from other coworkers.
Benefits are descent and make up for other lacking's.
Met many interesting people, that I would consider "friends".
this company is a great company to work for in general
Maintenance Supervisor/ deisel tech. (Current Employee) –  Pierson, FLSeptember 21, 2017
the every day work varies, not much repetitive days ,,, something different all the time ,,, the only stressful times is the rush seasons which is valentines day and mothers day
warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLJuly 25, 2017
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management warehouse of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
lunch
Cons
health
productive and fun
Commercial Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 29, 2017
this was my first trucking job and my salary was great and the benefits were great.even when things got slow they were still very competitive in the trucking community. their service is impeccable and the training i received at this company allowed me to be more marketable when i left due to the reputation of great staffed employees
Pros
everything
Cons
Very very hands on company touch freight
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Palm City, FLJune 7, 2017
It's a very very hands on company it's touch freight all the time lots of stops & 30% of the stops are ground stops small coolers & extremely difficult to access
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Touch freight
Good family business
Corporate Credit / Collections Manger (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLMay 31, 2017
Can be stressful but you can work at your own pace.
Pleasant work atmosphere.
Managers are mostly family.
Busy time are two weeks before Valentine's day & Mothers day
Pros
Pleasant work atmosphere
Cons
High deductable on healthcare
Not so good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 26, 2017
Driver training does no prepare you for the job. The instructor just goes through the motions in orientation. A lot of drivers quit within a month. This is very hard work for very little pay.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
low pay, hard work. team driving
Fun work place
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2017
Its a great place to learn and build your skill in receiving, loading and managing your time as a worker. Its a platform to rebuild yourself as a great leader.
Pros
over time
Cons
Short Breaks
Not good to drive for
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Driver training program and orientation are sub par compared to other trucking companies. The instructor seems to not care if you learn anything or not.
Pros
None besides they hire any body.
Cons
Many
Driver training
Team driver operation (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Very good driver training course for new drivers.
A typical day at work would be making your pre-trip inspection for tractor and trailer, talk with your dispatcher about your route. Check your load making sure is secured. Make your log book, put freight information in your qualcom and star driving to your first stop. You learn a lot about hazardous loads and how to treat them in case of emergency. The workplace culture you meet all kind of different cultures. The hardest part of the job was driving while snowing very stressful. The most enjoyable part for me was those sunrises behind the mountains while you drive.
Great family company to work for
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Palm City, FLJanuary 20, 2017
There is no stress,and there is a comfortable environment. Family cares about you and your well being. The company has great healthcare benefits.
Friendly, family environment
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm City, FLAugust 27, 2016
Very friendly place to work, great co-workers. Paid time off, 401k, medical, dental, vision insurance. I was able to learn new things on a daily basis and enjoyed making new friendships.
not bad
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pierson, FLJuly 7, 2016
I'd definitely chose a different job to work at but if this is all that's available then go ahead. My co workers were great, so were the managers. But he down side is the unstable hours. One week you might only get 10 hours on your check, while the next you might get 80+ hours on your weekly check.
OTR Flower delivery company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLJune 27, 2016
if you have experience in commercial vehicle driving, its good place if you like to go OTR if you don't mind unloading. their training program needs improvement for recent cdl graduate.
Nice people to work with, but could use improvement in a few areas.
Warehouse Worker (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 10, 2016
Had my first day on the job as a warehouse worker. Was introduced to some employees and given a short simple explanation of what to do. Didn't have gloves until a hour and a half after starting, some things are heavy and will dig into your hand or fingers. It is non stop manual labor picking up items and walking them to the appropriate area. Was a bit hard to get around and the areas are not well marked. It was a bit hard to move around some areas do to the high traffic of several people walking back and worth nonstop. The people were very nice, however I wasn't comfortable working after starting to cramp up from the repetitive carrying and lifting.
Pros
Quick money
Cons
A lot of manual labor and the pay could be better, not for everyone.
Happy place to work
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLMay 26, 2016
I worked for Armellini for about 2 years. The only reason I left was because I moved to a different state, otherwise, I would most likely still be working there. While the pay is slightly below average, I have to say the people make up for it. I loved the working environment, the drivers, the office staff, everyone.

That place always felt like home to me.
Professional Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Palm City, FLMay 19, 2016
If you are a truck driver and want good home time this would be your place to work and still see the country.
Management all the way from Dispatch to Recruiting is professional and everyone treats you as family.

The trucks are in great shape, the shop keeps up on your rigs and the drivers are all great people.
Might sound too good to be true but id say if you read this far call em up and see what they are about.
Pros
Newer trucks, Professional Atmosphere, Good Hometime
Cons
Havent experienced really any cons yet
Back breaking, dangerous areas,lack of sleep
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLMay 9, 2016
They sucker you in with above average pay, but when you find out what your doing for pay,it's a joke. You will hump heavy water filled boxes of flowers, making many stops working around the clock, getting little sleep, unloading in some of the most dangerous places in the country, in ice, sleet and snow. During the many flower holidays, you won't see the house for weeks, trust me you've been warned.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armellini Express Lines Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Armellini Express Lines Inc Reviews by Location