Armor Correctional Health Services

Armor Correctional Health Services Employer Reviews

Difficult place to work
Charge Registered Nurse (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Correctional nursing is tough, and the environment at the jail in which I worked made day-to-day work functions difficult at best. The inmates are actually the best part of the job because they really need the services that you are providing.
Productive environment
Program Manager (Former Employee), Lowell, FLDecember 5, 2013
Pros: employee morale and benefits
Cons: not applicable
This position allowed opportunity for advancement. Customer service driven company.
flexable work schedule
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLNovember 14, 2013
Pros: per diem-flexable work schedule
Cons: night shift. environment
A typical shift involves passing medications to inmate, providing medical assistant and monitoring behavior. While working at Armor I have learned how to better manage my time. I would say the hardest part of my job is my work environment, and the most enjoyable part is being able to help someone in need regardless of the circumstances.
Fun and very dangerous
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 10, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: dangerous
Dangerous very dangerous very dangerous place to work if you like danger
Awful management and supervisors
LPN (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2013
Pros: pay is decent, fellow pod nurses are great support, deputies are wonderful to work with
Cons: management, supervisors
All upper management is deceitful and dishonest with staff. They hire supervisors who have no experience with dealing with management or staff issues, and the great ones they do hire are either fired or quit because standing up for their staff is essentially prohibited. After 5 years they still treat their staff horribly, their are no raises, no incentives, – more... yet they expect you to be there for anything they need at a drop of a hat. The supervisors, especially at night, have no business being in charge of others let alone other peoples medical decisions when needed. Even things that are federally protected you will be harassed about. Don't think about lodging a complaint, either. Nothing will be done about it. Hopefully when they are done being investigated about all the deaths that happen under their care, Armor will lose their contracts. – less
Good people, great service to patients
Discharge Planner (Current Employee), Fort LauderdaleAugust 24, 2013
Pros: hours, pay, flexibility
Cons: correctional environment
Great people to work with, high skill set, experience, good service to client. Wish they operated in CA. Good hours, paid time off, flexible.
nice work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 7, 2013
love working with teens and teaching them about life and how to protect themselves against stds
I moved up in may career over the past 30 years in many areas. I have used my education to a full extent
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Powhatan, VAMay 3, 2013
Rewarding and challenging
Managing a workplace was great for my experience and personal gain.
Supervisory experience I learned was invaluable
Productive environment.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 20, 2013
Sort and File paper work
Pull charts for nurses
Review charts
Check for Inmate Releases
Horrible company to work for.
Corrections Nurse (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 23, 2012
The worst company I have ever worked for. My direct supervisor was incapable of putting out a regular schedule and could not even implement one for longer than one month after the employees put one together for the shift and all agreed to it and every shift was filled.
When you voiced concerns or complaints to the immediate supervisor, no action was – more... taken. When this was taken to the next level of supervision, there was never any action taken there, either. The supervisor continually put out memos and directives with threats of the consequences if the information was not followed. This created the worst back-stabbing atmosphere I have ever worked in.

The health plan offered one primary physician in the county of employment. There was no place to take a break or lunch, so most staff did not take lunch breaks. The physical environment was filthy.

This is not a company you want to work for. – less