Arms of Hope

Arms of Hope Employer Reviews

Great organization
Case Manager (Current Employee), Medina, TXMarch 20, 2014
Great place to work with an amazing staff. This non-profit is doing amazing work for the Kingdom of God.
Definitely a calling and a job done out of love and passion
Commissary Manager (Current Employee), Medina, TXJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: the love and seeing the changes in lives of the program residents are the best part, but i have decent insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, gratis week during the christmas holidays, and a floating holiday. i also have flexibility in receiving time off, or i can work hours other regular business hours for personal or family needs
The hours are great and organization is flexible when the need arises. I love seeing the foster children and single mothers with their children come from places of fear, insecurity, abuse, neglect, etc. flourish while in their respective programs. I have seen children shy and frightened blossom into outgoing social butterflies, and single mothers overcome self-destructive behaviors-addictions, low self-esteem, self-doubt, etc. and graduate from college or trade schools.
I was in the program for single mothers so they have a special place in my heart, I do everything I can to encourage them to see the potential I can see in them.
In addition, while I was in the program myself, I became ‘Mom’ to several of the foster children, and I loved hearing them call me that. When asked how many children do I have, I proudly say, “Around 60, but only 2 of them did not have a choice in the matter.” Moreover, since I am old enough to be a mom to most of the other single moms, they too have called me ‘Mom,’ but they best thing was when their children started calling me ‘Grandma.’ It was cool, even if my children have not ‘officially’ made me one; I have many precious ‘grandbabies’ out there.
Non Profit
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Medina, TXJuly 11, 2013
I have been with Arms of Hope for 9 years. I have been very blessed to work with some of the most caring people. We are a christian based company. The children and mother we serve are always first. I
Very productive, great people work there.
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee), Medina, TXJune 26, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
They are an awesome program and I would recomand them to anyone that wants their child to have a better home, better education, and most importantly a better relationship with god!!!
There is nothing bad about the Arms of Hope program!
Young company/non-profit going through changes as it grows.
Donations Office Coordinator/Rep. (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 1, 2013
Pros: great schedule and learning opportunity.chance to make a positive contribution to those in need.
Cons: a little chaotic at times, changes or lack of guidelines, . minnimum wage, no benefits.
A typical day would be learn and adapt as you go.No real guidelines or support in place in the beginning, but with good communication and persistence/teamwork it provided achievable challenges and taught me a lot.Time management,data entry,attention to detail and self motivation were some of the key skills learned.
I answered the phones and scheduled donation pickups throughout the DFW area using the Mercury Mail Database as well as our own in-house system for automated dialer. Other tasks included outbound confirmation calls,drivers route audits and working with our field representatives to promote growth in our donations/collections.
Although the compensation and benefits were less than desirable, I enjoyed working within the team as well as on my own to help support the organization in raising funds for single mothers and children in need.Knowing what i do each day helps ease the struggles and hardships of others has always been a very fulfilling part of my life at work and home.
Great, Caring Christian Atmosphere
Commissary Manager (Current Employee), Medina, TXSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: flexible hours and family-first attitude
Cons: part-time job, with no benefits, vacation, sick leave, or possibilty of advancement
My day starts with opening the commissary and checking temperatures of coolers and freezers. I enter the recent purchases and donations into inventory using Excel spreadsheets, generate Purchase Orders for perishables, cleaning and other consumables for commissary, as well as orders for other departments. I answer emails and telephone calls regarding special donations and interoffice request/inquiries, research the best and most cost-effect places for purchasing, research lost, missing or unusual charges to accounts used by my department, and review books for Month End Report to insure purchase were generated through the proper area and make detailed spreadsheets for specific charges-staff and student charges. I also deal with residents’ complaint and specific requests and find the best way to resolve those matters and keep everyone satisfied with the results.
I have learned how to balance a budget in ordering supplies and to research the best places to find what is needed and saving the organization money in the end.
The hardest part of the job is having to say no when limits are met or exceeding to residents on the campus. I was once in one of the programs here and I understand what their needs are, but some wants have to be reigned in at times. Another hard part is saying good-bye to residents, adult but especially the children, when they leave the program. I think this organization has made my heart even larger than it was when I moved here.
The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing young women and children grow and improve their lives and move on to improved futures.
Alot of hard work, very worth wild
House Parent / Caseworker (Former Employee), Quinlan, TXMay 2, 2012
Pros: enhancing so many lives
Cons: very little pay at this private school
Being a teacher is very rewarding. Touching lives through education is great.