Responsible for developing the electrical system interfaces and design required to support the installation, testing, design and certification of communications, navigation, connectivity, and in-flight entertainment electrical components/systems onboard commercial aircraft.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Program Managers to assure work meets business needs, applicable codes and standards of quality.
- Work with the customer to identify, understand and communicate installed Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) electrical specifications and requirements
- Work with national and global engineering teams to understand system architecture and functionality, as well as the integration and interaction of the system with the aircraft
- Perform the necessary aircraft manual research to source power, identify and source the appropriate discrete and ARINC 429 signals from existing avionics LRU’s onboard the aircraft, and identify open disconnect positions
- Perform the necessary research to select circuit breaker, relay, switch, and other electrical components needed to support requisite design requirements
- Conduct aircraft surveys to determine circuit breaker, relay, disconnect, power/ARINC 429/discrete signal sourcing, and potential wire, cable and harness routing pathways
- Develop pin-to-pin wire diagrams and the associated cable and harness manufacturing drawings needed to integrate the electrical system architecture from the LRU specifications/requirements, interconnectivity documents, and/or block diagrams
- Work with mechanical design/applications engineers to design and develop wiring/harness functionality, requirements and interfaces
- Develop parts lists/BOM’s for piece-parts (cables, contacts, relays, circuit breakers, connectors, terminal blocks, etc.) based on wire diagram, cable and harness designs
- Work with aircraft mechanical and installation teams to troubleshoot system installation and operation problems as well as execute certification and operability testing
- Assist in the execution of various wireless and EMI tests, and provide guidance on amplifiers, antennas, etc. needed to conduct said testing
- Provide guidance and input to help shape future wireless testing technologies.
- Provide technical leadership in new product design, modification of existing products, production technique improvement and test procedure development.
- Provide technical and cultural leadership in constantly innovating, challenging status quo, improving engineering processes, and designing items for ease of manufacture.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of product development and design processes, working with a team of aeronautical, electrical, mechanical and manufacturing engineers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or in a related technical and/or equivalent field, a minimum of five years related work experience, familiarity and/or experience developing pin-to-pin wire diagrams, cable and wire drawings (preferably using AutoCAD), and electrical system/architecture design experience, and senior engineering mentoring experience including leading technical teams is required.
The ideal candidate will also possess two-plus years of experience working in the aviation/aerospace industry working with and developing electromechanical systems. Familiarity and/or experience working with aircraft avionics systems, wireless networking electronics technology and computer architecture technology, experience analyzing and assessing the impact of electromagnetic interference (EMI) and RF interaction, and experience supporting/mentoring cable and harness manufacturing functions is preferred.
Must have knowledge of electronic and RF test equipment and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Strong time management and organizational skills, the ability to work under dynamic schedule constraints and consistently meet deliverable timelines and foster creativity and innovation in design solutions are essential.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Armstrong Aerospace is an innovative aviation engineering, design and manufacturing company that upgrades aircraft with new technology. We...