Armstrong Atlantic State University Employee Reviews

Typical day at work
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 24, 2017
Responsible for the training of RT students in the areas of neonatal intensive care, pediatric intensive care, and general pediatric care. Provided students hands on training in all areas which fostered and greater understanding of perinatal care. Provided feedback and evaluated students progress. Communicated with physician, nursing, respiratory staff as to our purpose for being there and addressed any issues arising.
Pros
Oportunity to teach others
Great place
Student Assistant/Supply and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 1, 2016
Armstrong is a great school, challenging academics. I was a student assistant, I assisted with unloading and loading in the the central supply department.
Excellent
University Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 21, 2015
Great administrative support even though the situation covered online work. This allowed me to expand my knowledge base.
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 15, 2015
Armstrong is like a community within a community. Employees are valued most of the time and are close-knit and supportive of the school.
Pros
Growing enrollment should provide more employment opportunities, tuition remission program is great for employees wishing to further their education.
Cons
Some areas understaffed due to state budget issues, therefore creating stress among staff members who get overwhelmed.
Office Consultant - Liberty Center (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 18, 2015
This university provides a good opportunities for military member to obtain post-secondary education. Typical work day varies. I learned sensitivity when dealing with military members. Management was supportive of the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is supporting military members on the base.
Pros
Very supportative of the military
Cons
Small working environment
Productive and fun environment
Faculty Development Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah GASeptember 19, 2014
I really enjoying working here. A typical day for me would be to update department website and craft and send emails out to staff. I would then set up different events and programs.My boss was very supportive and helped me out greatly.
Great Experience
Tutor, Georgia Writing Center (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 12, 2014
Manager is hardworking, dedicated and lovely to students. Center provides a valuable service and tutors are consistently in demand. Warm and positive environment. Ongoing trainings enhanced my experience also.
Pros
connecting with students
Cons
minimum wage
Fun and open
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 4, 2014
It is a great place to cultivate skills needed for graduate school.
Productive relax and informative
Assistant, Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GaJuly 29, 2014
Report to different location on campus and photograph events. Also create posters, sticks, and brochures for marketing purposes.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
not many hours
A great Job for any college student at the University.
News Reporter (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 9, 2014
This is a great job for any student attending Armstrong. Though the pay is not that great, the director works with everyone's schedule to the best of her ability. A tutor never should feel out of place because their co-workers are all fellow students from every department. Helping other students learn to write papers effectively is both rewarding and aids in bettering the tutor's own academic writing.
Armstrong is an exceptional work environment
Adjunct instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GeorgiaFebruary 20, 2014
Armstrong is a delightful place to work. One is given a job and expected to carry out that job professionally. The Chair of my department was helpful and wise. I truly loved my position at Armstrong.
a challenging and rewarding experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 12, 2014
There was no such thing as a typical day working as a Graduate Assistant. My job was to assist the coordinator of the Department of Undergraduate Research build a new and functioning department. My boss was always available in person, over the phone, or through email. She would generally provide me with a task; I would complete said task, independently, and prior to deadline. The hardest part of the job was relying upon students and faculty to respond to my messages in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was successfully helping my boss prepare and organize the annual Student Scholar Symposium.
Pros
flexible hours and personal office
Cons
occasional short deadlines
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor of 0099 (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 16, 2014
I enjoyed working for Armstrong as an adjunct. They were organized, friendly, and supportive.
Great place to get a college degree
College Student (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 7, 2014
Make sure you know what you want to use your college degree for. This will go with you for the rest of your life.
Pros
Choosing the right carreer, AASU can guide you in the right place
Cons
Know what you want to do for the rest of your life before you complete your degree of study.
I like and enjoyed my job at Armstrong
Cook/Grill & Fry (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 10, 2013
I work at a college, I enjoyed seving the college students as well as working with my fellow coworkers. My coworkers and I had
a good working relationship. If I got business they would come help me if they got business I would go help them. We help and look out for one another. The best team players you could have and so was the Managers.The Managers treat us with respect, they didn't hound or nag us we didin't give them a reason too, this is why we gave and did ower BEST!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Part Time
Just a job, not a career
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 17, 2013
There wasn't any way for me to advance in my position and the pay was minimal. They had excellent benefits though. Some co-workers were difficult, but most were friendly. A few I am still close with even to this day.
Pros
Free food, excellent insurance, free classes
Cons
pay
Small campus in coastal city
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 12, 2013
Small campus in a coastal city. University population is growing therefore offering more cutting edge courses to keep up with technology.
A Productive and Service
Catering and Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 10, 2013
My work day would start with looking at all of the events happening for the day. I will get all the materials needed to complete the service for each event. I've learned time management, team work, and organization. The management is thorough about what they would like you to accomplish for the day, the management will keep an assignment sheet for the day. Co-workers are pleasant and informative if I'm unaware of how to do something. The hardest part of the job is making sure we have all the food needed for the event. The most enjoyable part of the job is serving people while knowing that they have enjoyed the food and the service.
Pros
Postive and energetic environment
Cons
short breaks
Great People to work with.
SENIOR SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 4, 2013
Wonderful boss, very caring and motivating. But the compensation/salary is ridiculously low.
Pros
Great People
Cons
low pay
Kept me in school
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 19, 2013
This was a good opportunity because the job gave me credit hours that I could use towards school. It was a laboring job, but worth it because of the flexible hours and their willingness to contribute to my education.
Pros
Prepared me for future endeavors
Cons
Low pay