Registered/Licensed Dietitian’s and Registered Diet Tech’s needed in Cambridge, OH and surrounding area!
Full-time and Part-time hours available!
DTR: part-time hours available: (2) days per week, 8 hours per visit
RD: full-time and part-time hours available: 32 hours per week OR 16 hours per week.
Armstrong Nutrition Management is an organization of knowledgeable, practical and dynamic dining and nutrition professionals! ANM provides an array of services designed to achieve high levels of quality and cost-effectiveness in every area of food service operations. Company website: www.armstrongnutrition.com
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven candidate’s who are passionate about nutrition. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and want to be part of our dynamic team of professionals, this is the job for you!
RD EDUCATIONAL/QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors’ degree in Dietetics and/or Food and Nutrition. Registration with the Commission for Dietetic Registration required. Must be licensed in the state of Ohio.
Must have a strong knowledge of State and Federal Regulations for LTC. Knowledge of sanitation standards is required. A strong background and knowledge in clinical nutrition, including enteral feeding assessment, is also required. Must have recent long-term care experience- at least 2 years experience as a clinical RD in long term care setting.
Services will be performed according to company standards and may include:
- Inspection of food service operations with guidelines to assure adherence to State and Federal standards.
- Inspection of Sanitation to assure compliance with the latest edition of State Food Service Sanitation Rules and Regulations.
- Medical record documentation for nutrition assessment and enteral feeding. Visitation and education to Residents in assigned accounts as needed. Evaluation of Resident’s nutrition and dietary needs; documentation of such.
- Review of and (with care) revision of menus and recipes to meet facilities’ needs. Visits with clients for purposes of menu development and revision. Will assist with seasonal menu cycle changes working with the company menu specialist.
- Preparation of work routines, cleaning schedules and orientation procedures in order to facilitate the function of the food service in accounts assigned. Periodic evaluation of staffing with recommendations to the facility administrator.
- Periodic review of Diet Manual and Policy and Procedure Manual to assure its adequacy for the facility. Development of new policies and procedures as needed for Food Service and Nursing.
- Instruction to Food Service Supervisor regarding nutritional documentation and completion of assessments in order to meet standards as set in policies. As requested by the facility, the Consultant Dietitian may be asked to act as a preceptor for the Dietary Manager Course.
- Provides in-services to facility staff as requested.
- As requested by facility, be present at times of survey and assist in writing Plan of Correction.
- Ongoing communication with facility administrator and nursing supervisors through written reports (both standard and confidential reports) and through exit meetings on consultative visits. Prepares written report for each consultative visit.
- Provide all reports in a timely manner. Provides weekly report of hours in a timely manner.
- At all times maintains a professional image and works in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the company in mind.
- Strives for self-improvement by maintaining continuing education requirements. Keeps current with changes in LTC regulations and remains up to date regarding information needed to complete the job well (i.e. survey issues, changes in enteral formulas, policy updates, etc.).
DTR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Food Service background. Dietary Technician or Dietary Technician, Registered
- Maintain high level of energy, creativity, and flexibility in delivering care.
- Bend and stoop to assist residents, occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- Push wheelchair-bound residents and carry trays
- Able to with elderly, which may include Alzheimer’s and dementia residents
- Communicate clearly with residents and staff, thorough, conscientious self-starter
- Ability to prioritize
- Advocate for legal rights and quality of life for residents
- Adheres to resident’s/family’s choice in withholding of fluid/nutrition per medical record documentation
- Able to utilize various hardware and software computer systems
- Willing to work additional hours when necessary
DTR ESSENTIAL RESPONIBILITIES:
- Based upon educational and regulatory limitations, develops and monitors resident nutritional care. Monitors resident intake and adherence to diet orders
- Member of the health care team. Participates in facility meetings as requested by Administration when scheduled during consulting visits
- Complies and interprets plan of care based on assessment of nutritional needs, goals, and approaches
- Uses appropriate resources to accurately assess and document the implementation and effectiveness of care plans
- Assists in developing education materials to use in nutrition education
- Based upon educational limitations, counsels individuals and families with nutrition planning
- Monitors that foods are prepared and served with regard to nutritive flavor, appearance, and appropriate temperatures
- Realizes possible risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens, including Hepatitis B, and takes proper precautions as instructed
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor