Registered Dietitian needed, Omro, WI.
Part-time position available.
RD needed 1 day per week (6-8 hours per visit)
Armstrong Nutrition Management is an organization of knowledgeable, practical and dynamic dining and nutrition professionals! ANM provides an array of services designed to achieve high levels of quality and cost-effectiveness in every area of food service operations. Company website: www.armstrongnutrition.com
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven candidates who are passionate about nutrition. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and want to be part of our dynamic team of professionals, this is the job for you! ANM is seeking Part-time, RD’s for Omro, WI.
EDUCATIONAL/QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS: RD
Bachelors’ degree in Dietetics and/or Food and Nutrition. Registration with the Commission for Dietetic Registration required. Must be licensed in state of Wisconsin.
Must have a strong knowledge of State and Federal Regulations for LTC. Knowledge of sanitation standards is required. A strong background and knowledge in clinical nutrition, including enteral feeding assessment, is also required. Must have at least 2 years experience as an RD in long-term care.
In order to perform the job to meet standards set by the company, one must exhibit the following traits:
- Strong knowledge of LTC regulations and the ability to apply them.
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with clients and to communicate status of accounts to supervisor.
- Writing skills to prepare reports required, communicate to clients in writing, and to present documentation in medical records in a concise but thorough manner.
- Strong organizational skills / time management skills.
Services will be performed according to company standards and may include:
- Inspection of food service operations with guidelines to assure adherence to State and Federal standards.
- Inspection of Sanitation to assure compliance with the latest edition of State Food Service Sanitation Rules and Regulations.
- Medical record documentation for nutrition assessment and enteral feeding. Visitation and education to Residents in assigned accounts as needed. Evaluation of Resident’s nutrition and dietary needs; documentation of such.
- Review of and (with care) revision of menus and recipes to meet facilities’ needs. Visits with clients for purposes of menu development and revision. Will assist with seasonal menu cycle changes working with the company menu specialist.
- Periodic review of Diet Manual and Policy and Procedure Manual to assure its adequacy for the facility. Development of new policies and procedures as needed for Food Service and Nursing.
- Instruction to Food Service Supervisor regarding nutritional documentation and completion of assessments in order to meet standards as set in policies. Instruction to Food Service Supervisor regarding maintaining standards in the food service to meet State and Federal standards and to meet requirements set forth in policy manual. As requested by the facility, the Consultant Dietitian may be asked to act as a preceptor for the Dietary Manager Course.
- Provides in-services to facility staff as requested.
- As requested by facility, be present at times of survey and assist in writing Plan of Correction.
- Ongoing communication with facility administrator and nursing supervisors through written reports (both standard and confidential reports) and through exit meetings on consultative visits. Prepares written report for each consultative visit.
- Provide all reports in a timely manner. Provides weekly report of hours in a timely manner.
- Schedules accounts efficiently to meet the needs of facilities as best as possible.
- At all times maintains a professional image and works in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the company in mind.
- Strives for self-improvement by maintaining continuing education requirements. Keeps current with changes in LTC regulations and remains up to date regarding information needed to complete the job well (i.e. survey issues, changes in enteral formulas, policy updates, etc.).