Registered/Licensed Dietitian needed in the Van Wert, Oh area. Part-time hours (3) days per week for 8 hours per visit. Must be covered Monday thru Friday during normal business hours.
Armstrong Nutrition Management is an organization of knowledgeable, practical and dynamic dining and nutrition professionals! ANM provides an array of services designed to achieve high levels of quality and cost-effectiveness in every area of food service operations. Company website: www.armstrongnutrition.com
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven candidates who are passionate about nutrition.
EDUCATIONAL/QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS: RD
Bachelors’ degree in Dietetics and/or Food and Nutrition. Registration with the Commission for Dietetic Registration required. Must be licensed in state of Ohio.
Knowledge of sanitation standards is required. A strong background and knowledge in clinical nutrition, including enteral feeding assessment, is also required. Must have at least 2 years experience as a clinical RD.
Services will be performed according to company standards and may include:
- Inspection of food service operations with guidelines to assure adherence to State and Federal standards.
- Inspection of Sanitation to assure compliance with the latest edition of State Food Service Sanitation Rules and Regulations.
- Medical record documentation for nutrition assessment and enteral feeding. Visitation and education to Residents in assigned accounts as needed. Evaluation of Resident’s nutrition and dietary needs; documentation of such.
- Review of and (with care) revision of menus and recipes to meet facilities’ needs. Visits with clients for purposes of menu development and revision. Will assist with seasonal menu cycle changes working with the company menu specialist.
- Preparation of work routines, cleaning schedules and orientation procedures in order to facilitate the function of the food service in accounts assigned. Periodic evaluation of staffing with recommendations to the facility administrator.
- Instruction to Food Service Supervisor regarding nutritional documentation and completion of assessments in order to meet standards as set in policies.
- Provides in-services to facility staff as requested.
- As requested by facility, be present at times of survey and assist in writing Plan of Correction.
- Ongoing communication with facility administrator and nursing supervisors through written reports (both standard and confidential reports) and through exit meetings on consultative visits. Prepares written report for each consultative visit.
- Provide all reports in a timely manner. Provides weekly report of hours in a timely manner.
- At all times maintains a professional image and works in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the company in mind.
- Strives for self-improvement by maintaining continuing education requirements. Keeps current with changes in LTC regulations and remains up to date regarding information needed to complete the job well (i.e. survey issues, changes in enteral formulas, policy updates, etc.).