Armstrong State University Employee Reviews

internships
iOS Developer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 12, 2017
Not a lot prospects for internships and the mentors are not pushing the interns towards new and relevant technologies. Most professors are still teaching from the 1990 books.
Productive and energetic workplace
Head Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 26, 2017
Very good and energetic place to work. Administration is behind you 100% and will do what is needed to help. Hours are flexible as long as the work is done.
Pros
Freedom to work
Cons
financial restraints
Exciting with new changes
Student Government Association Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 18, 2017
It was good place to work if you don't mind taking on more tasks than you are getting paid to preform. Working with the students is very fulfilling but there is definitely a high turnover because of the work load on all staff.
Appreciated and Affirming of Academic Ability
Lab Monitor and Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2017
Everyone was always nice, accommodating, willing to teach and ambitious. I loved being there. It affirmed that I am interesting in working in an academic environment.and am a great asset in an academic environment
Student
Clinical & Simulation Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 3, 2017
I had a positive experience as a nursing student at Armstrong. I would recommend this school to those interested in receiving a quality education. I feel prepared to face the future.
Wonderful place to work
Student File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 20, 2017
This was a really nice place to work. It was a relaxing experience. I learned a great deal of skills when it came to handling documents. I recommend working there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
hardworking, passion about work and learning.
A independent and good worker at the job (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA 31419June 8, 2017
Serve food to college students; get to talk to students and co-workers. Also get to meet other people at work. I like that I can do more than one job position. Get the chance to make friends as well. Also to get better work skills for a better career in the future.
A great place to work
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 22, 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Armstrong State University. Everyone that I have worked with is very helpful and passionate about their field. I appreciate the flexible hours and autonomy.
on campus job
Peer Instructor (biology) (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 13, 2017
Its cool. people are really aid back. it all depends on what class you get. try to get a earlier class. no one usually comes to office hours very often.
Great workplace with positive atmosphere
STUDENT RECREATION CENTER FACILITY ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 10, 2017
Working for over 3 years at Armstrong State University created a great balance for me to work but also maintain my classroom studies because due to my status of being a full-time student. Also, the positions were convenient due to its location right on campus. The jobs on campus helped me to gain various of skills that would be used in the real world.
Really good place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Main CampusMay 10, 2017
It was until we were notified of consolidation. The culture is good, the people are good. There is opportunity for advancement and job growth for most people. Degrees are not always considered necessary if you bring good skills to the job.
Pros
Worklife Balance
Cons
Frequent management changes
Great place to keep the mind active
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 9, 2017
Helping others is always a rewarding experience. Working at the Armstrong STEM tutoring center is great way to connect with other students and keep skills sharp.
Productive and fun place to work
Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 24, 2017
great work place with great people who care about you as a person. Not much drama besides the self inflicted drama. hours are flexible and boss is great!
Pros
great people and fantastic bosses
Cons
not enough money
Very informative
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 25, 2017
I learned a lot of information while volunteering there I got to gain experience learning to work well with others and got a better understanding of what I want to do with my career.
Pros
meeting new people and learing new things
Cons
short days
Freedom of Speech
FULL-TIME SPANISH INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 20, 2017
The classes environment is attractive to students, eager to learn the subjects. Highly recommended! My students are always ready to show me that they learned my lessons. I use a lot of games to make the learning process more desirable. They reviews are excellent. My passion for teaching is a gift that I use every day.
Pros
Friendly
Very FUn JOb
Orientation Leader- helped new students (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 12, 2017
My job was to introduce new students to the campus and college life on Armstrong campus. My favorite part of the job was to engage with new people daily and truthfully talk to people and find out what and how they are going to transition to the new campus of Armstrong.
Great Place to Work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA 31419January 11, 2017
Great Place to work, very family oriented.
Faculty and Staff supports one another.
Promotes Continuing Education.
The long commute and traffic jams is the one bad thing that I encountered at the University.
Armstrong State University review
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 3, 2016
Only able to work in this position if you are a currently enrolled student at the university. Must have specific GPA and other credentials in order to qualify for the position.
It's a great school and the teachers are interested in the students success.
Biology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 28, 2016
Go to different classes and I learn about different subjects that will help me later in my college and my professional life.
Pros
small class room size
Great Work Environment
Student Union Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 5, 2016
I am very thankful for opportunity that Armstrong has given me. Being a Student Union Building Manager has allowed me to improve in several different skills ranging from customer service to time management. Over the past year my professionalism and communication skills have also been affected in a positive way. I am very grateful for the opportunity that Armstrong has given me.