Armstrong Employee Reviews

Stressful - older work environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 10, 2017
Culture is VERY old minded. Very difficult to accept change. I worked here 10+ years and dealt with some very difficult managers, until I finally left. The workforce is an older generation that is very close minded.
Pros
Learned a lot.
Cons
Requires a lot of hats.
Safe productive work place
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJune 8, 2017
Armstrong is a great place of business they have good benefits for you and your family. They work at a fast pace, very negotiable business. Has a great staff
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 5, 2017
I loved working here, Most of the emplyees were fun to work around. The CEOs stayed involved in everyday task. They make hardwood flooring for houses.
Great place to work!
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 28, 2017
Armstrong World Industries is a great place to work! There is a strong company culture with balanced teams supporting the business needs. I would recommend this company to others.
very thorough
Full Line Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2017
highly specialized trainers and facilities-nthe workload is tought and there are always new policies and procedures every year- more and more "boxes" to check off and not much more time to be in the field to sell
A company that cares about it's employees
Assistant Controller, Reinstated (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSApril 12, 2017
Armstrong is a company that cares about it's employees. Armstrong has given me the opportunity to develop my career. Armstrong strives to be the best company to work for by continuing to strive on work/home balance.
Pros
Company that cares about it's employees
Cons
economic issues not stable in the engineered division
Very unorganized and unprofessional
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  DublinMarch 30, 2017
The pay is very low, hard work, and very short of staff. I often had to work over my shift because we were always short of staff. They also tell you they need you to come in early or stay for longer at the very last minute.
Cons
short breaks
Different cultures within the company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMarch 29, 2017
I worked in both the building products division and the hardwood flooring division experiencing very contrasting culture. In the building products group I experienced a very open, engaged, proud, and committed work environment. Employees were rewarded for hard work and achievement. In the hardwood flooring group there was very little employee engagement, top down leadership with little knowledge of the manufacturing processes, underperforming teams criticized for failing to meet unrealistic goals.
Pros
Building Products Division, Advancement
Cons
Hardwood Flooring Division, Beverly, Wv
Small corporation with little room for advancement
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAFebruary 15, 2017
Small corporation that is very family oriented.
Small legal department with many opportunities to grow and expand . Management was inflexible and very rigid.
Odd school mentality.
Pros
Free parking for employees, flexible summer schedule
Cons
Long commute for those that live in the Pittsburgh area
Good company
Black Belt - Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 2, 2017
Armstrong is in a very competitive market as it relates to flooring and ceilings. Because of this it follows the economy very closely, and has ups and downs. It is a good company to work for, but is challenging because of its size and industry.
Pros
Industry
Cons
pay and size
Management is unstable
Third shift Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 1, 2017
I've had 5 department managers and 5 plant managers in the 8 years I have been employed here. The constant change in leadership makes it difficult to establish yourself as a valued employee and by the time it is recognized, a new manager who knows nothing about you takes over. It makes advancement difficult.
Yet I've remained employed here for 8 years, and would continue to do so, if advancement opportunities were available to challenge me.
great mill to retire from
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PADecember 13, 2016
ceiling tile production from scratch. depending on need you could be placed anywhere from cutting the ceiling tile, inspection of the tile, to packaging the tile. family oriented
Stressful job
Strategic Customer Service Representative, AFP (Former Employee) –  Lancaster PADecember 10, 2016
My job was stressful because I was the only person trained to do my job and had to work on my vacations and days off. The management team was not supporting and could not answers questions.
Clean
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 30, 2016
Great pay and benefits good opportunity 4 advancement good healthy and safe environment growing daily financially great opportunity to meet educated and experienced coworkers sometimes it slows down but always picks back up
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Up and down industry
Normal work environment
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 20, 2016
I left Armstrong World Industries because of distance. Traveling for 50 minutes became problematic with my financial budgeting. Thank you!

They treat their employees with normalcy.
Excellent place to start civilian careeer
General Manager, Manufacturing, Tile Operations (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 11, 2016
Found rapid advancement in this organization. I was willing to move to the opportunities. People were excellent to work with.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Rapid culture change
Excellent compnay to work for
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 19, 2016
Beautiful campus, gym on premises, relaxed atmosphere, competitive compensation package and benefits packages. Produce quality products, opportunities for advancement.
Productive and enjoyable place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 18, 2016
Upon my first day at Armstrong I knew that this could be a place that I could one day retire from. Due to company cutbacks I was unable to achieve this goal. I feel that my next production company could
give me this goal.
Pros
Great Bentifs
Cons
Not enough hours
Stronger Support Needeed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 17, 2016
Management has a serious lack of recognizing and rewarding good loyal employee's. They are always the smartest person in the room!!
No matter what, their way is the ONLY way.
Pros
Great colleagues...minus management.
Cons
Management. See above. They have lost their way.
Good Company
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 14, 2016
It is a good company to work for and people are helpful. There is lot of help when it comes to engineering and IT teams. The culture is laid back and people are ready to listen and work with you on the issues you come across.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armstrong. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval