Armstrong Employee Reviews in United States

Line production of ceiling tile products.
Drysaw Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 21, 2016
A typical workday would involve making necessary mechanical and programming adjustments needed to insure the large sheets of ceiling product were cut to precise specification. I learned a great deal about the formation of the product and how to machine it. I am currently working with a great team, both my co-workers and immediate supervisors. The conditions (heat,dust) can present a challenge. However the satisfaction of making the best ceiling tile possible makes it worthwhile.
Maintenance Mechanic / Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJune 7, 2016
It was a great place to work!! It was a shame they closed the plant in Beaver Falls Pa. A great group of people that always overcame problems. We had the best acoustic tile in the world!!! We were closed because our plant did not fit into Lean Manufacturing!!
We had record profits and they still closed us!
Pros
Great place to work!! Good pay and Good Benifits
Cons
Hot and sometimes in maintenance long hours but that is to be expected in maintenance
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 17, 2015
Armstrong as a whole is a good place to work. Compensation and benefits are good and everyone I have dealt with has been very friendly.
Easy Job
Office Manager/Administrative Support/Customer Ser (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALJune 25, 2015
I loved my coworkers and my job. Some days I did more than others. My boss was always willing to work with me around my kids. The only downfall is I was fired due to something that didn't even have anything to do with me personally.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No benefits
great plac to work.
Boiler Operator (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJuly 12, 2016
plumbing, hvac equipment, everything is controlled by VFD including 2 9.2 mmbtu boilers. repairs to boilers made by Armstrong and not outside contractors. great place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 18, 2016
I enjoyed working here, pleasant environment. The supervisors were easy to get along with and very understandable. Have family that have worked here for over 15 years.
Good place to work with great people in management and team mates.
Distribution clerk (Former Employee) –  4115 N. Perkins road Stillwater, OklahomaMay 6, 2013
Come in early, get a cup. Share some smiles and watercooler talk. Since I facilitated start-up meetings, I hit computer to check latest info on our department safety and work needs; how many loads to go out- any equipment down-who was absent and who could I plug in. Most enjoyable was game planning with my team, and no matter the load; seeing the confidence in their eyes. Hardest part was being go between for management to deliver bottom line decisions. I aiways focused on how to go forward, the focus was to get it done. I learned buy-in from people is key to success. To this day, I miss my team. Early retirement to keep my medical coverage was why I left. I will never forget management enabled me to raise 4 kids and keep my wife happy for 23 years.
Pros
cash or dinners for hitting team goals.
Cons
3 rotating shifts every 2 weeks.
Integrity+Safety+Success=Great place to work!
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Millwood, WVJanuary 17, 2016
I was fortunate enough to win an internship at Armstrong in Millwood, WV. I enjoyed the work a great deal. My managers gave me room to take initiative and make my own success, but were also available any time I needed advice. The employees all treated me very well from day 1. Definitely a positive experience!
Pros
Free lunch once a week, flexibility with schedule
Cons
outsourced Tech Support
Truly a horrible company to work for.
Finishing Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 29, 2013
Companies culture is to threaten you with your job immediately if you do not give them instant results. They have a high turnover with employees due to being so willing to fire employees, so if you don't get fired you try to leave before you do. They state they are quality focused but then tell you to relax your quality standards to improve their productivity. They treat hourly and salary associates equally bad and think nothing of forcing you into working seven days a week and 12+hour days. Employees focus on how to survive and blame someone else for deficiencies versus how to do a good job and make things better. Company claims to adhere to lean principles but are only concerned with how deep you can cut labor. Absolutely the worst place I have ever worked and I was happy to leave.
Pros
pay well
Cons
constant threatening and extreme work hours
Great company with a great reputation
Full Line Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 29, 2016
I enjoying working for Armstrong. Good company that is interested in doing the right thing. Armstrong really stands behind their founding principle of letting the buyer have faith.
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 11, 2016
good work place to work and wonderful co-workers
management was good to all of it's employers
loved working there and not a stressfull
Hardwork
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAMay 6, 2016
Packaged finished hardwood flooring, repatative work throughout the day. Worked 10 hours shifts, five days a week. Some mandatory over time as well.
Very family oriented great coworkers
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly, WVJanuary 11, 2016
Wonderful environment. Many challenges and people to work with. Great management and staff. Very upbeat and happy people working with a great product.
Productive fun workplace
Image Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Helens, ORMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work was 12 hours long. My co-workers are fun to work with and got along with most all of them. The worse part of the job was cleanup and production line issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with maintenance. I learned how to work safely and also working with and on different machinery.
Pros
Wages, Benefits
Cons
Vision Insurance
This place is terrible to work at.
employee (Current Employee) –  Beverly WVJune 14, 2012
Most of the jobs are not really that hard once you get used to them. But they are very repetitive and boring.
The place seems to have no end of money, because they waste it constantly, but cannot seem to afford to give employees a raise.
Most of the people who work there are very good people.
The hardest part of the job is standing in the same spot doing the same thing every day.
The only enjoyable thing about working here is the people you work with. Other than that there is nothing enjoyable about it.
Pros
none that i can think of.
Cons
very hot in the summer cold in the winter. get treated like children by management.
Good natured people/ good worl enviroment.
Reach Truck Operator/ forklift and order picking (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 22, 2015
Liked working here, was a learning experience. had of alot of different peple help me along the way, and was greatly appreciated, my supervisor was a very good-natured man and had a good attitude toward with was recognized by his workers, he knew how to motivate people to get them inspired about the days events, wish i could have worked for him longer than i did.
Pros
liked the people
Cons
not enough time spent there
Exceptional Learning Experience
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2015
Graduate level degree learning experience, while surrounded by serious, goal oriented professionals.The ability to gather experience in a multitude of skill sets allowed for an entrepreneurial experience with corporate level support and guidance.
Good pay & benefits
Shipping/Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Helens, ORFebruary 24, 2013
A typical day consisted of setting up & coordinating appointments for incoming & outgoing shipments. Process shipping documents; answering multiple phone lines; data entry maintaining inventory using SAP & WMS; order & receive office & warehouse supplies; direct communication with customers, vendors & contractors;trouble shoot all problems;train & certify employees on different computer task;operate forklift to pick & prepare shipments; load & unload semi trailers with product.
The most enjoyable party of my job was the direct communication with customers, vendors & contractors. It was nice over the years to obtain a professional relationship.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
rotating shifts
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 20, 2016
Determine and implement the best layout to achieve a finished product. Easy work environment. Ability to concentrate while on the job
Armstrong
Store Room Lead (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CAFebruary 10, 2016
This is a great company to work for as they have been around for almost 100 years and still gong strong. They have a great reputation in the flooring business.