Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

rewarding and happy palce to work
Sr, Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2015
i loved this job. it opened my eyes to the base and the military. nevr worked on a military base before so this was a great exsperience. met alot great people that im still close to .
A New Experience
Auto Service Center Senior Sale Associate (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible time schedule
Cons: Could not please all the customers.
I was lucky to have a set schedule when I was hired. I had no problems covering my co-workers shifts when something arises. When the front of the store was short, we helped out the cashiers. Management was awesome, and when issues came about, we were able to come together with a solution. Co workers were awesome and welcoming, along with the guys that worked in the back of the store with the vehicles.
cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOAugust 17, 2015
most of the day was at the register. Every few hours I had to clean the coffee area, make new coffee and make sure there were enough supplies out for the customers. From time to time I had to help customers with finding a product or place an order for something we didn't have in store. at the end of the day I had to count my drawer and make sure the money in it matched the amount indicated in the system.
Fun working and relocating.
Food Court Manager (Former Employee), Dallas TxAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: House hunting
Training managers, on multi-tasking, how to increase sales and keeping productivity in line. I learned everyone is important to achieve organizational goals.
Enjoyed working with the employees, service members and their families
Human Resources Manager III (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Feeling like I was giving back to the service members
Cons: Turnover of employees
Traveled to different facilities to gain "hands on" experience of staffing needs, as well as being able to meet with employees to answer questions and assist with HR issues.
Fast paced
Department Manager / EEO Counselor (Former Employee), Savannah GeorgiaJuly 22, 2015
Fast paced and enjoyable supporting the military. Things were continuously changing which made the organization very diverse and enhanced learning and skill set.
friendly and cordial relationship with the customers by greeting them and assisting them with all relevant issues.
Cashier -AAFES (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks Honolulu, HawaiiJuly 19, 2015
A typical day at work would be a day of never ending duties always having to be done with a never ending smile for wonderful customer service. I have learned to stock shelves and inventory and better customer skills.The management is pretty good there, tries to treat everybody equally for the most part, the hardest part of my job would standing up all day. I love the wonderful customers we get in on a daily basis who know us, I love making them happy and giving them the best customer service I can give them.
fun work environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 16, 2015
A typical work day consist of ensuring the soldiers get the items they desire, and making sure we are in stock on items needed
Loved working in Human Resources
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Elmendorf AFB, AKJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Ability to learn something new each day
Cons: Not being able to stay longer
Giving briefings for newly hired personnel, and helping new hires with completing paperwork
I learnt so much about HR, and how to process newly hired personnel into computer
Telling someone that they did not get the job
Helping military spouses gain work, and assisting them in the ability to gain useful working skills
It was just ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BelgiumJuly 9, 2015
Not a terrbile job, but one that somewhat sucked. Bad pay, most people on base dont like the company and take it out on you. Benefits are useless to most employees who already have free coverage from tricare.
Wonderful, productive, fun, and friendly place to work.
Store Associate (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people from all over the world
Cons: shorts
Each working day different from other days some are long and some are short. Typical day when we are not helping customers we are stocking, building, and checking inventory for anything new to be put out.
You learn something everyday and learn a lot from customers in the process. What I have learned that customers always first, listen to what they are asking, and give it you all to provide help, answers, or merchandise for your customers. Customers who leaves the store with a smile and satisfied with the service tends to come back for repeat service as a store you want that.
Managers at my job are wonderful people and enjoying with them each day. They are good what they do and they make it easy to learn from them in tough situations. They provide that sense of support and always try to maintain contact throughout the day should their assistance is need. During my time at my current job I have worked with managers who has shown great deal of support for their associates. Management I'm working with nothing but a pleasure working with them and I have learn a lot from them.
My co-workers are wonderful people I have the pleasure working with. It has been awhile since I have worked with my current co-workers and they a blessing to work with. Working with them make working a lot easier and a lot more fun that helps tremendously on morale and for customers.
Everyday has a chance of you being pulled in many different directions and helping others at the same time. It is difficult when you are short handed and trying to provide assistance to customers as well. – more... During hard times like that best thing I can do is one step, one person at a time.
At the end of the day when a customers or customers you have helped comes up to you smiles and thanks you for your time that is the most enjoyable part of the job. Knowing you have provided a wonderful shopping experience, provided answers for their questions, and when they leave their merchandise in had and with a smile there is not better joy then getting a smiling thank you from customers. – less
Wonderful to work with
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZJuly 2, 2015
When I had a problem with a manager putting me down for hours that she knew I could not work the company moved me to another job in another building. They were great at understanding my daycare problem that I didn't have any until 1630, so they allowed my son to wait the 10 minutes in the seating area while the sitter made his way across the base.
Good place to help the soldiers and their family.
Food Service Supervisor/ Einstien Bagel (Current Employee), Killeen, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Meeting all types of people from aroung the world
Cons: Not enough hours
. Loved meeting new people
. Co-workers made it a great place
. Management always had an open door for you to talk to them
. Working in a small area
. Helping others
GREAT PLACE !
sales associate (Former Employee), dallas txJune 23, 2015
I loved it , people are very friendly , nice environment , i met some amazing people and learned a lot while working there. definitely a place i would work again
servicing the military
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 12, 2015
Pros: servicemen/women
Cons: none
The army and airforce exchange service provided servicemen/women and their families with shopping facilities that offered them discounts products. I processed sales for different army/airforce bases.
Great First Job
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOJune 10, 2015
Very Flexible around School Schedule
Diverse environment, people from all around the world would come to this store in which you become quite cultured
Laborer
Laborer (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJune 8, 2015
I would help unload truck and stock electronics. If another associate needed help in an area I would help. Also I helped customers with purchases in the electronics department.
loved it
Operation Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYJune 3, 2015
Pros: military discounts
reconcile post operation and sales reports, post freight charges and post customer payments. Maintained switch board, filing, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Inventory and cash control.
Army Airforce Exchange
Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: Overall, it is a great company.
Cons: It was an internship.
A typical work day included communicating with different military bases to get merchandise transferred. Management was extremely welcoming and forthcoming with information. The environment was relaxed and productive.
Always learning new things and a chance to be creative.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYMay 29, 2015
After processing the incoming clothing--unpacking the boxes, pricing each item, hanging them up on the right belts sorted by department--we would take them out onto the floor. We had a chance to be creative when we had to dress manikins and organize the displays. I was always learning knew things like how to color coordinate, how to shrink-wrap packaged clothing, and how to use the telephones on the floor to make announcements or to call for another employee. I also got to volunteer to help with a few of the Back To School Fashion Shows. I think that the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be interacting with the customers.