Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Army & Airforce Exchange Service United States Employee Reviews

Productive and great
Arby's Food Associate (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTApril 20, 2015
Had a lot of fun, got to know a lot of people, learn a lot of things. Worked well with my schooling schedule. Friendly environment, everyone has fun, bad behaviour is handled professionally.
Good Working Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Hampton, VAApril 16, 2015
Pros: work made fun
Cons: low pay
Good place to work. great co workers, fun environment, friendly managers, didn't care too much for the bad customers, pretty easy job.
great tream and culture base
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZ.April 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none
A great company to work for if you want to move with in the company. A 7 day operations with 2 days off will work with your schedule.
great place to work
Resolutions Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
Great place to work learned a lot about researching and accounting.
What I remember most is being going up and the down the stairs as a workout challenge with co workers.
Family
Visual Merchandising Technician (Former Employee), Cocoa Beach, FLApril 7, 2015
AAFES caters to the military family. They are very aware of all the stresses that play into being a military family and make sure to provided a work environment that is warm and family oriented.
I enjoyed working here,
Material Handler 1 (Former Employee), French Camp, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good
I started out working there as a temp. I was hire on within 4 month. I enjoyed working here great enviroment. My employee are very nice.
Great customers
Laborer/Stocker (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 26, 2015
All customers were very respectful to the employees.asdlfgkjsafgljwlerknfwkeqrntfwkqelnrkqlwejnrlwkernqwklejnrqwejkrf
The best workplace ever!
Multi-unit General Manager (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Travel, compensation, benefit
As a intermittent non exempt manager for over 15 years.
AAFES has been a great place to work, of course every duty station assigned ( PCS 14 times in 15 Years) has it's challenges at a local level and dealing with adjustments in senior mgmt. But the single common factor of supporting our troops made it worth it.
Been able to travel all over the world also is a benefit.
Demanding: very. Rewarding: very
Life events, demanded separation from AAFES but the memories and people I had the honor and pleasure to meet and work are priceless
It's ok
Sr sales associate (Current Employee), travis AFBMarch 21, 2015
Cons: managers are no where to be found, they dont listen to their employees, they let customers be rude to employees.
the management is terrible. They pick favorites and dont really care about others. They make their own rules and dont always stand behind their employees who are out on the floor more. They dont pay enough for the hard work you actually do.
Best Job ever
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: meeting new people from all over the world
Cons: bad management
I loved serving our Military. I met a lot of people from all over the world. I worked with some great people, it was a joy going to work there.
Busy Work Schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: serving customers.
Cons: not enough time in the day to do your work.
A very pleasant environment to work in. My typical day consisted of stocking, conducting cashier duties, cleaning and setting up and preparing for meal rush hours. This included making the coffee, preparing the different types of snacks and cleaning up messes to ensure a safe environment. Administrative duties included answering phones, inventorying of stock.
Great place for individuals who dont have kids.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good working environment
Cons: benefits, part time over full time
It was a nice place to work at. Leadership was good, but they were always short on personnel. This job is not a good place if you have kids. One of the parents has to have a good paying job because working here would not pay the bills. At this job learned how to make do with what you have. At times we were short of personnel but we had a job to do so we worked as a team and accomplished all tasks that were possible for the time allotted.
Its a government job...
Investment Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2015
Governmental jobs speak for themselves...

If you are highly motivated individual easy to move up quickly

Hardest part of the job was being the only member that wanted to go above and beyond the call of duty to get the job done.
Easy place to work
Service worker (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDMarch 8, 2015
It's an easy job you just go to watch your hours because their never trying to pay their employees. The job has lots of job security, but the is basically no chance for advancement because of internal politics.
Work While Giving Back to the Military and Their Families
Business Program Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2015
Pros: supporting the military and good benefits
The typical day of work varies depending on your position, the time of year, whether you work in the field, or whether you work in the HQ located in Dallas. The main goal for every employee is to support our military and their families worldwide whether you work in one of 12 distribution centers located throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia, or whether you work in the Telecom Division rolling out leading edge high speed broadband services to military installations, whether you are a buyer or planner in HQ, or whether you work in one of the hundreds of retail facilities located on the military installations. I felt a sense of family with my co-workers and have built lasting relationships with each assignment or division that I worked in. As with any job, the most difficult parts usually involved major software systems changes and scaling back costs. I've enjoyed my career with AAFES, and have a sense of special appreciation as the daughter of an Army Veteran and having served on active duty in the Air Force. I've basically been surrounded by and/or affiliated with the military all of my life.
The Army Air Force Exchange Service is a wonderful company to work for.
Reviewer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2015
Very fulfilling job in dealing with the military. Lots of variety in job. People were a pleasure to work with.
Processed investigations and clearances using e-QIP (electronic-Questionaire Investigations Processing). Worked with JPAS, CVS, PIPS. Reconcilled billing in CASPR. Responsible for JPAS visits. I was the Trusted Agent in TASS.
Secure job in today's tough economic state.
Business Analyst (SD-O) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2015
AAFES is a good company to work for. I have the uttmost respect of the Mission of AAFES to serving our soldiers worldwide - going where they go. The best part of my job is knowing that I'm investing in the troops' morale, welfare and recreational programs - giving back to those who truly deserve it.
The Worst
Accounting Assistant (Intermittent/P/T) (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDFebruary 17, 2015
Cons: the worst company ever!!!!
The worst....low pay and poor management....Long term employees seem to rein and make their own rules...I complained about the treatment of another employee...management did nothing!!! The Cash Office supervisor is very unprofessional....singing loudly in the office....everyone is territorial, not making new employees feel comfortable. Another employee was rude, snatching paperwork from my hand causing chaos in the office......This was the most unprofessional place I have ever work. I told H.R. about the numerous incident and I don't believe it was ever addressed.. I walk off and quit, as the employee and manager I told about an incident lied about what was said....
Fine
Sales Area Manager (Former Employee), Ft. Meade, MDFebruary 16, 2015
Fine place to work. I worked within customer service of the Military members and family members. I do not feel that there is a good work/life balance based on the manager I had at the time.
Do not work at this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eglin AFBFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: nothing good in this company
Cons: overworked, and low pay!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not a good company to work for. The managers will overwork you. You will be working in 3 departments by yourself. They give you a low PER so they don't have to pay you that much!!!!!!!!! I never complained about being overworked until they messed with my PER. The supervisor gave me a good PER and the manager Stacy that never gets out of her office changed it!!!!!!!! I worked so hard there and sometimes I didn't even take a break. FYI, If you can't work on your day off due to a doctors appointment or etc then they will use that against you when they do your PER.

1 2 3 4 5

About Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Be all that you can be and buy all that you can buy at the PX (Post Exchange). The Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) – Read more

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Salaries

$8.25 per hour
Store Manager
$80,000 per year

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Photos

he was working aafes,as a forklift operator