Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

Overall ok place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 3, 2016
I have learned a lot at AAFES but do not recommend work at this location due to management. Most time my co workers were great to work with but everyone talks about everyone behind eachothers backs no matter how close you think you are with someone.
50% off
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 1, 2016
Subway is fun to at. but you gotta be fast learner, because we need to serve customers and we need to make them happy.
workers are nice they will you alot in so many ways in the job
Pros
50% off meal
Cons
low salary, not full time nor part time..
it's ok place to work if you have no where to go
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Low pay, management not great..If you work as FT benefits is great. Holidays pay,vacation,sick leave etc..but over all you can not make a living with their low hour wage..not for career
Pros
full benefits
Cons
low paying job, mulitple jobs same pay
variety of culture but horrible pay rate
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Myer, VAJanuary 27, 2016
good atmosphere employees are from different cultures so you can learn a lot and good benefits like vacation and sick leave but you have to be at least regular part time employee

but the pay rate is too low
Popeyes
Food service worker/forman (Current Employee) –  FWWJanuary 26, 2016
A day at my job is for the most part great, I have grown to love my customers and take pride knowing that I can provide them with great service and a smile every time i see them.
I have learned a lot about military life and the families that move from place to place.
The management needs serious work, i feel there is never a time in management to have favoritism. I truly believe in honesty hard work and a equal opportunity for everyone.
I had such an awesome crew who i still talk to outside of work, They too take pride in there work.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with unfairness.
What i enjoy most about my job was the customers for me it will always be my customers.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
poor management, favoritism, dont value good employees
Great place to work for
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJanuary 25, 2016
I had a great experience working as the HRA for AAFES, and I do regret that I had to leave, as we PCS'd to Fort Lee, VA and their were no HR positions available. I enjoyed working for the company, and learned a lot in the few months I was employed with the company.
Productive Workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJanuary 21, 2016
stocked store merchandise,Unloaded truck and pallets,Provided customer service skill and Price tagging , Also help assist Customers through out the work day
Great!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2016
Loved the team, and job.
Employee moral and work life balance is great
limitless advancement opportunities
associate picnics/ BBQs
associate shop night
great benefits
Nice Place to Start
Senior Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Randolph, TXJanuary 15, 2016
AAFES is a great place to break into a working environment and learn basic skills and develop in customer service and sales.
Pros
Laid-back environment
Cons
Pay is not competitive
AAFES Starbucks, Ft Sam Houston
Starbucks, Barista, March (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Demonstrated excellence in hospitality while utilizing invaluable interpersonal communication skills.
Effectively worked as a team player in a sometimes hectic environment. Managed time efficiently, while preparing product to the standards and quality of recipes. Maintain and clean equipment, tools, supplies and storage to ensure compliance with safety regulations.

Friendly environment where we got to know our customers by name. Life long friendships with co-workers
worse job i ever had
laborer/stocker (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 13, 2016
You come in for only 4 hours a day to stock your area and they expect you to have everything done. The mangers is lazy The place is not ran right. I think if they get new management everything will be fine. If you a kid in Highschool or college it's ok but a grown up wouldn't accept the pay and hours check only 300 dollars every 2 weeks.
Pros
Cons
short breaks no benefits no hours
great job never boring
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJanuary 9, 2016
very busy i learned so much. management was great and would teach you anything you wanted to learn. co-workers were like family.
the hardest part of my job was getting all cases ready for court in a timely manor
Pros
great job
Great mission, valuable customers, nice people
PAR Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2016
Company with a valuable mission to provide retail goods and services on Army and Air Force bases worldwide, including warzone locations. With that in mind, the AAFES teams are at their best when supporting soldiers and airmen in deployed locations. Management largely understands the mission, and recent changes to senior leadership have resulted in a more realistic evaluation of organizational P&L statements. Investment in new and existing systems as well as an improvement to the intercultural understanding of various support groups would serve to greatly improve staff efficiencies.
Pros
Easy going, slow paced culture. People are mostly nice and fun with a mixture of experiences
Cons
Reluctance to transition from legacy systems
Very busy and fun workplace
store associate (Former Employee) –  Wahiawā, HIJanuary 7, 2016
its a fun place to work
love my co-workers we get along very well
the supervisors are very nice
for me the most enjoyable part of the job is when its very busy and we run around like crazy keeping up our customers to keep them happy.
Do not care much about employees
Food Service Associate/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJanuary 7, 2016
fast paced environment but my supervisor happened to be very rude and just too demanding. No I wasn't lazy. I got injured on the job and she won't let me even take a break until i nearly passed out and was rushed to the ER. The only reason she called me on Monday morning was to make sure I will show up at work even though i was still on medication and very dizzy.
Horrible management
Foodcourt Formen (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home A F B, IDDecember 18, 2015
Management is the worst here and could even be considered bullying. Employees will throw you under the bus to further their own ambitions.
Pros
Cons
Scheduling, Poor management, Mistreatment of employees
This is the worst job i had
stocker (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 16, 2015
Coming from the oil field because of lay offs, had to get a job, and this was just that, A JOB! Not for adults, pay is so bad no overtime so your pay check is almost 390 EVERY TWO WEEKS!! JUST GETTING THERE, YOU PAY FOR GAS, SO TAKE THAT OUT OF YOUR TWO WEEK CHECK, SO WHO IS WORKING FOR WHO. Then they try to work you like a dog. Management is bad. And I and other employees where told, "If we are on a break, they can come and get us off that break to work anytime they want." The job is not worth the gas money. You can make more giving plasma monthly. YOU WILL SEE!
Pros
nothing
Cons
short short short breaks and lunch
Good part time job for second income, or school/college kids
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, VaDecember 6, 2015
With the flex hours I was able to balance work, school and home. with my grades being effected. The customers are great and it's a great way to give back to those who have given for us.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
No control of the air and heating system at the locaton I worked for over 2 years
Good job for a high school student
Cashier/Temporary Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 24, 2015
This job was very menial, and did not offer much room for advancement in salary or position. The work was simple. Customer service was a priority as well as cash handling skills. The hardest part of the job was the days when new air force students arrived on base and the shop was packed with new soldiers who needed help finding everything, and there were at least 300 students in the store at one time, twice a week. The easiest and most fun part of the job was stocking the shelves. All the workers pitched in and helped everyone out in any area. The workers were very friendly and helpful but the job did not offer much for someone who has a family or any real life expenses.
Pros
laid-back atmosphere and enjoyed coming to work
Cons
very minimal hours, and inconvenient for little pay
energetic and fun
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2015
A typical day at AAFES was fun encouraging and very energetic. Learned a lot in shipping and receiving. My manager was very helpful and informative. My co-workers was team players. The hardest thing about the job was learning difficult tasks.The most enjoyable thing was working with people of different ethnicity and learning there way of communicating.
Pros
learning different tasks
Cons
not being able to learn how to operate equipment.