Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

I wouldnt recommend working for this company
Senior Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 19, 2017
The only way to succeed here is if you are the boss's pet. The pay is okay but the company doesn't offer benefits that you can survive on. Not a place for anyone with a livelihood.
already provided above
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TEXASAugust 18, 2017
Learned shipping and receiving large volume to boxes and parcels and mail from FedEx, FedEx Ground, UPS, DHL and US post office mail.

Learned to process large volume of mail on automatic machines.
food court job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYAugust 16, 2017
This is a great company to work for. everyone is like family. the pay is great and the benefits are awesome. I would recommend this job to anyone. I hated to leave.
Satisfying workplace getting to support our troops and their families
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home AFB, IDAugust 15, 2017
Working here gave me satisfaction in serving our military troops, their families, and veterans. The positions I held taught me a lot and I had the ability to advance in my career with the company. As with all retail positions, there are members of upper management who could always improve upon their performances and corporate in TX could be a bit out of touch with the average store employee. Overall pretty pleasant and I would work there again. Typical retail but with an added bonus of assisting members of our military daily.
Pros
Always got your 3 scheduled breaks per 8 hr shift, friendly helpful fellow co-workers, family like environment, helping active duty military members and their families as well as veterans, easy to advance or transfer positions/stores.
Cons
Certain departments and/or positions rarely ever see turnover making it difficult to advance, pretty high turnover (esp. in food service), short staffed, lack in available hours, ask a lot of average store associates, information doesn't trickle down very easily from headquarters to the "little guy".
room for advancement
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 12, 2017
I worked for them for many years holding different positions. They were a great company to work for. Very good on the job training so you could get promoted.
Pros
great on the job training
Cons
a lot of different task not enough pay
Very Confusing Place To Work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHAugust 9, 2017
My immediate manager was fantastic, upper management played favorites and if you were not one they set out to make you quit or find a reason to fire you.
and didnt work with my school schedule at all
besides management the work environment was really fun. we had a bit more free reign than normal.
one benefit was i LOVED being able to shop there.
its too bad the 2 top managers made it completely not worth it.
Happy and enjoy to work
Reorder Assistant - Military Clothing Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 8, 2017
Proud to work with AAFES and I have a nice co-worker and a good manager to help and coach that make me happy to work with them and I'm very glad to help our troops and their family.
Aafes
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 7, 2017
If you are a military wife that needs a job that will go with you then this is it! just know that you will be on your own. The fact that you can take this job with you is the only amazing thing.
fun place to work
Laborer (stocker) Part Time (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VA 22060August 7, 2017
if you enjoy serving and providing for those that protect and serve then this company is a great company to work for. management can be a bit overbearing at times.
Typical Retail job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 4, 2017
Worked 30 hours a week and about 4 to 5 days a week. Customers and management can be sticklers. Depending on which department you go to will determine what kind of duties and break times you will get. If you are in as a part or full time you will get benefits like vacation and sick leave. Stocking is just like an other store, put items received from the storage on the shelves and labels.
Pros
Not too difficult
Cons
Customers and management can be annoying, sales make long lines at cash registers, shifts feel slow
would not recommend people to work for this company
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOAugust 2, 2017
The reason why I would not recommend people to work for this company is because of the work ethics are a joke. They do not announce all job openings and then they already pick a person before the interviews are conducted. They have their favorites people for advancements.
Pros
miss the people like I did when active duty
Cons
Not reconized for job well job
Love Helping Our Troops
Laborer (Stock) (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJuly 31, 2017
I have worked at many bases over the years and each time is different, but the fellow workers are always ready to lend you a hand if things got very busy in the store.
Outstanding company with incredible core values
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 31, 2017
This company is a hidden jewel among major retailers in the world. This company allows you the chance to travel the world while supporting our troops.
Pros
travel opportunity around the globe
Cons
In some cases you be located in a rural area in a foreign country
Unorthodox practices
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 28, 2017
Certain managers have a tendency to bark orders and demand extra work to be done. With very little breaks your day tends to go slow and dull. Somewhat hostile environment.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Short breaks, favoritisim tendencies
It is an alright place to work.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 28, 2017
It wasn't the best place to work but it worked for me. I think that if you are looking for a job on a military installation this is a an employer to consider.
Typical retail environment
Stocker and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COJuly 28, 2017
Currently have long commute. Schedule varies. Somewhat small operation but fulfilling in working with military and military veterans. Managers and supervisors are reasonable.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Some shifts no lunch with only 1 short 15-minute break
Fair paced environment, self starters will be successful
Merchandise and Inventory Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2017
Several layers of management, often conflicting goals and objectives. Management, not Leadership, to be successful you must be self motivated. Good benefits and competitive salary.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Supporting Our Troops Worldwide.
Cons
Bureaucratic, inconsistent goals, unclear objectives.
Aafes
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJuly 25, 2017
I learned allot and enjoyed being able to give back to the men and women who service this country and their families. The benefit that came with working for AAFES was a plus. Leaving was the hardest thing I had to do.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Leaving
Productive and Fun Workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJuly 25, 2017
come thru the work doors and clock in. No meetings in the morning but if new information was passed down then we would all be updated due to a quick meeting. And you finish your day like you started.
Pros
Family Atmosphere
Cons
Wages
Staff
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 24, 2017
AAFES (Army & Air Force Exchange Services), was a great place to work until we got new Management. With three Managers all trying to things their own way, you weren't sure which way to go with anything. They didn't work well with the staff or each other.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Army & Airforce Exchange Service. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval