Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

Great and productive employer
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 22, 2015
Satisfactory place to work. It is a busy place and it is necessary to be on your best foot. It is important to continue a level of respect for customers even during stressful business hours.
The environment was a good mood to be in
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMay 20, 2015
The work environment was a very good mood to be in. In this work environment was to serve the military with the right costumer services need to supply the right uniform need to serve this nation.
Good Company
Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee), Hanscome, MAMay 10, 2015
Good place to work. Everyone is very knowledgeable and helpful. I am very thankful for the opportunity with this company.
Good mission with management challenges
Audit Project Manager, AAFES (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 9, 2015
Pros: good benefits and pension
Cons: unrealistic expectations
This company cannot determine who it's primary target clientel is which lead to difficulty in establishing appropriate strategic goals.
Exciting company to work for.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMay 6, 2015
Cons: Small company with little advancement at this location. Have to relocate to advance.
Very face paced. You need to be a self starter, as well as be very motivated. This is little to no time to slack off. At this position your daily tasks change daily. Your management teams for the better part are great and go above and beyond to see you succeed. As with any company you work for you will not always see eye to eye with your coworkers. It is about learning how to adjust to each worker and complementing each others goals and tasks. The hardest part of the job is making sure you complete your daily tasks with little to no errors in a timely manner. This is where your time management skills come into play. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your hard work pay off and when you help a not so happy customer leave 100% satisfied.
Serving our military members
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Yigo, GUApril 24, 2015
Pros: working for military
Cons: unfair judgement
Working for AAFES has been quite an experience. I don't know if it was just the location but my experience in Guam they have a little more growing to do. The management doesn't provide open views fairly. They take the opinions of their employees to write performance evaluations. Use caution when performing your job, if someone doesn't like it, you may not find out until its too late. I enjoy serving my members at times it can be difficult but always rewarding.
The daily work load constantly changes.
Warehouse Foremen (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
There are no typical work days, problems or Issues occur by the minute. Solutions or corrections are implemented within a timely manner.
Productive and great
Arby's Food Associate (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTApril 20, 2015
Had a lot of fun, got to know a lot of people, learn a lot of things. Worked well with my schooling schedule. Friendly environment, everyone has fun, bad behaviour is handled professionally.
Good Working Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Hampton, VAApril 16, 2015
Pros: work made fun
Cons: low pay
Good place to work. great co workers, fun environment, friendly managers, didn't care too much for the bad customers, pretty easy job.
great tream and culture base
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZ.April 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none
A great company to work for if you want to move with in the company. A 7 day operations with 2 days off will work with your schedule.
great place to work
Resolutions Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
Great place to work learned a lot about researching and accounting.
What I remember most is being going up and the down the stairs as a workout challenge with co workers.
Family
Visual Merchandising Technician (Former Employee), Cocoa Beach, FLApril 7, 2015
AAFES caters to the military family. They are very aware of all the stresses that play into being a military family and make sure to provided a work environment that is warm and family oriented.
I enjoyed working here,
Material Handler 1 (Former Employee), French Camp, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good
I started out working there as a temp. I was hire on within 4 month. I enjoyed working here great enviroment. My employee are very nice.
Great customers
Laborer/Stocker (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 26, 2015
All customers were very respectful to the employees.asdlfgkjsafgljwlerknfwkeqrntfwkqelnrkqlwejnrlwkernqwklejnrqwejkrf
The best workplace ever!
Multi-unit General Manager (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Travel, compensation, benefit
As a intermittent non exempt manager for over 15 years.
AAFES has been a great place to work, of course every duty station assigned ( PCS 14 times in 15 Years) has it's challenges at a local level and dealing with adjustments in senior mgmt. But the single common factor of supporting our troops made it worth it.
Been able to travel all over the world also is a benefit.
Demanding: very. Rewarding: very
Life events, demanded separation from AAFES but the memories and people I had the honor and pleasure to meet and work are priceless
It's ok
Sr sales associate (Current Employee), travis AFBMarch 21, 2015
Cons: managers are no where to be found, they dont listen to their employees, they let customers be rude to employees.
the management is terrible. They pick favorites and dont really care about others. They make their own rules and dont always stand behind their employees who are out on the floor more. They dont pay enough for the hard work you actually do.
Best Job ever
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: meeting new people from all over the world
Cons: bad management
I loved serving our Military. I met a lot of people from all over the world. I worked with some great people, it was a joy going to work there.
Busy Work Schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: serving customers.
Cons: not enough time in the day to do your work.
A very pleasant environment to work in. My typical day consisted of stocking, conducting cashier duties, cleaning and setting up and preparing for meal rush hours. This included making the coffee, preparing the different types of snacks and cleaning up messes to ensure a safe environment. Administrative duties included answering phones, inventorying of stock.
Great place for individuals who dont have kids.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good working environment
Cons: benefits, part time over full time
It was a nice place to work at. Leadership was good, but they were always short on personnel. This job is not a good place if you have kids. One of the parents has to have a good paying job because working here would not pay the bills. At this job learned how to make do with what you have. At times we were short of personnel but we had a job to do so we worked as a team and accomplished all tasks that were possible for the time allotted.
Its a government job...
Investment Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2015
Governmental jobs speak for themselves...

If you are highly motivated individual easy to move up quickly

Hardest part of the job was being the only member that wanted to go above and beyond the call of duty to get the job done.

1 2 3 4 5

About Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Be all that you can be and buy all that you can buy at the PX (Post Exchange). The Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) – Read more

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Salaries

$8.25 per hour
Food Service Worker
$15,000 per year

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Photos

he was working aafes,as a forklift operator