Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews in United States

An honoring experience.
SERVER (Burger King) (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDAugust 17, 2016
Being located on a military base gives employees the chance to serve their soldiers and provide excellent services with a great team that knows the importance of giving a good product.
Its an honor to serve the men & women in the US Army on a daily badis.
Automotive / Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYAugust 16, 2016
This was a great place to work if you have a heart for the soldiers, it is very demanding of your time if your a management team member. Often told to complete tasks on your day off, or after hours, it's a very diverse place to work, get to meet people from all over the world. If your spouse gets orders to move, there's usually always a place for you to transfer to with in the AAFES community.
Pros
world wide opportunity
Cons
highly demanding of time if in mgmt position, paid on salary often worked 65 hour weeks
Cashier, Stocker, Food Area maintence
SALES ASSICOCATE (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 13, 2016
Well just greet customers,check out their purchases, and close up the store and prepare for the next day. At the end of your shift you had to count your register.
Pros
Learn how to stock and be a cashier
Cons
No benefits, and some managers had favorites
Inclusive plAC
Operations Manager for District (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 9, 2016
I absolutely loved the military. The only down side is the work-life balance. I missed my husband and kids so much. It just got to the point that I could not stand to be away from them any longer.
This company is awsome.
Exchange Detective (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJuly 30, 2016
There are plenty of jobs with in AAFES. I started out working in a gas station as an attendant and applied to become an Exchange Detective. When I got the job the paid for my training.
Productive and fast paced work enivornment
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJuly 22, 2016
9.5 hour shifts
Learned management skills and duties
Team environment and creating relationships with customers are what I enjoyed most
Productive and Fun place to work for.
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 20, 2016
My days usually start off very smooth until the store opens then I answer the phones all day aside from filing, faxing and doing my daily reports it can get crazy fast. For the most part I love working for them. Its like we are all one big family.
Pros
breaks, healthcare
Cons
even work sundays.
A great place to work for, a struggle for advancement.
Return Authorization Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 19, 2016
I have learned that under certain circumstances some management involvement is needed for advancement. Management is based at times dealing with politics, then build on merits. The hardest part of the job is dealing with other associates delegations, and shortage in training to certain employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn different jobs within the company.
Everyday is drama and more drama
Service Business Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 15, 2016
I would say this. If you like a job that keeps you busy, but do not enhance your skills, then working for AAFES is for you. It would take a lot of slacking and no performance in order for you to get fired. Promotion only comes from knowing the right manager. The worst part is no one is allowed to complain or file a complaint. If you want results for any issues, you have to teach yourself, or learn from your mistakes. There is no 'formal' training. You will spend most of your time repairing others mess that was left behind before you.

You have to know someone to get a part-time or a full-time job.All positions offered are intermittent. If Sales are not met, they cut your hours because it "affects the bottom line'. if they like you, you get more hours,if not they cut hours. The longer you are there, the more you can get away with.
Pros
take vacations, meeting customers and serving the Military members
Cons
no breaks, so many Department of Labor violations
warehouse
Warehouse Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2016
love my job i was a single parent and it help me take care of my child . i loved the people and my poistion with this company wish it was still here .
Great company to learn about diversity
Branch Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJune 28, 2016
There was no typical day. Your basic goal was to provide services and have the goods that soldiers and their families were in need of.
Aafes
End User Computer Tech (EUCT) (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 22, 2016
A great place to work, everyone to include the CEO on down to the store managers are very helpful. I would work for this company any time.
Support our future leader
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work is quiet, I've learned to just say yes.
Management is ok as I just feel upper management should
get to know her people better. The co-worker are okay it's jus t
the one that have been in a position for year are treated differently.
The hardest part of the job making sure your you can satisfy all ranks.The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the young soldier and encouraging them to be successful. It's a joy to work with our future leader of the United States.
Pros
Helping our soldiers
Cons
not enough pay
Not a fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJune 9, 2016
This is not a place for someone to work who has bills. The pay scale is very tight. Management believes in a dictatorship and not a democracy.
Keeps you busy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 3, 2016
There was always something new. You had the option to transfer nearly anywhere in the world and the faces were always changing. Good pay and benefits.
Fun Workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJune 3, 2016
Overall great place to work. Great management team well defined Job requirements. Flexible work schedule. Great teamwork to achieve special task and promotions for the store.
Pros
Great management staff
Cons
Hourly wage was low
It is a challenging job
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 16, 2016
I work in HR and it is a challenging job. The management does not always think about all of the little people that really need our help, they think more of the political side.
It's not all it's cracked up to be
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLMay 11, 2016
There's too much drama and people do not know how to treat one another with respect.The ones that have worked there for over 10 years feel as though because they have been there for so long that they do not have to change with the times and they can just do whatever it is that they want. It is very tiring.
Pros
meeting service members from other countries
Cons
Too many things to list but one thing is lack of respect
A multicultural work environment made working here fun.
Market Price Coordinator and Security (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 9, 2016
I learned a lot from this company. I was rapidly promoted through my few years working here and they really take good care of their employees. It was fun to go to work and enjoyable.
Pros
Great benifits and rapid promotions
Cons
Management (at the time) needed to work together more.
Personnel Craftsman
Housing Express Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover AFB, DEMay 9, 2016
Provide stats, work with staff on providing outstanding customer service, completed payroll, made monthly schedules, approved vacation leave, completed reset for merchandise as required
Pros
Working with the military

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Reviews by Location