ARMY & AIRFORCE EXCHANGE SERVICE

ARMY & AIRFORCE EXCHANGE SERVICE Employer Reviews

Very exciting and always new people
Food Service Worker/ Temporay Supervisor (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: half off lunches and the overall expierence!
Cons: not many hours unless part or full time. intermitten is only gaurnteed 3 hrs a week.
A typical day includes meeting new people from all over the world whom are just passing thru. Getting to hear where they are from and giving them some much needed conversation, customer service and good food. Co-workers work together and enjoy seeing and catching up with each other. The hardest part of the job is when saying goodbye to loyal customers whom are off on another mission or whom get to go home! I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and knowing what they do for our country. Also the learning experience of being able to organize, prepare myself, and problem solve for any unexpected situations.
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Ft Belvior, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great pay, great hours, friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks
you'll always be busy which i really liked, the hours were great along with the pay some of the customers maybe be rude but thats any fast food place.
Secure and stable work environment.
Business Systems Specialist/Accounting (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: flexible breaks
Cons: short lunch.
A non micromanagement department. Friendly piers. Complex material to multitask with monthly and annual closings.
Small, Productive Family
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 6, 2015
The coworkers and manager there are very friendly, and I enjoyed working with them. They are closed of Sundays and Federal holidays, so that was a plus. The only bad thing was one cashier gets benefits and the others don't. They are considered Intermittent, and gets 0 benefits.
fun to work and safe
Morning Stocker/ Hardware Dept (Former Employee), yigo guamJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: insurance
love to served all military and love to work this place my 1st job when I came to the state
Productive and fun workplace
LOGISTICS ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Forest Park, GADecember 23, 2014
Pros: we always had lucheons ate good, and awards ways given out.
Cons: when we learned that the company would be closing due to down sizing
My typical day would start off by me updating my tally report, and sending in the Attendance report. Then I would go out to the floor and mark any new tallies turned in the day before, I also keyed PO and answered the phone. Then I would contact the buyers in HQ Texas and check on the results of the tallies. I learned a lot about inbound and out bound containers, I learned a lot about management , I would fill in whenever our office manger was out, My coworkers and I got along fine, we always got the job dune and had fun doing it. The hardest part of my Job would be during our peck season, we would get about 30 or 40 containers and we did a lot of overtime around Sept thru Dec. The most enjoyable time was I love a challenge and the my job keep me busy and I always learned something new.
Job security as long as you are willing to put in the extra hours.
Manager (Former Employee), USADecember 21, 2014
Pros: full time employment has affordable insurance and the vacation and sick time benefits are great.
Cons: training in some retail areas is not up to par.
The company has a great benefits package. It is a fifty fifty chance that you will get a manager that will train you the way you need to be able to perform your job. I have been fortunate in the Loss Prevention Management field with my area manager. My first manager was not as open with training.
The Largest Civilian Retailer with POOR Management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nellis AFB, NVDecember 21, 2014
Pros: the customer
Cons: the management
Only advancement opportunities are for the Managers Lets. Don't try to improve Operations or provide Customer Service, just be a Paper Weight or Door Stop, and you'll go far!
And my Dad thought the U.S. Postal Service sucked.
Fun and life changing experience/
Explosive Ordnance Disposal (Former Employee), Ft. Lee, VaDecember 19, 2014
Very structured environment. A typical day started with Physical Training, continued on into training and schooling, and ended with a role call.
Enjoyed 26 Year career Serving Military
Supv. E-Business Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: meeting deadlines and cammaraderie with employees/colleagues
Cons: getting older! work to enjoy work it's a blessing
I was most fortunate to work for such a great company at the Army & Air Force Exchange Service. I decided to take early retirement when the option was available and start a new career since I was just 50. Knowing that making a career change at 50 is better than 55 so I took the opportunity to get an annuity with the intent of commencing a new Career.

My goal is to get another career job where I can work 12 - 15+ years and get receive a 2nd retirement.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with unruly customers.
Customer Service, Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MODecember 18, 2014
Working for this company was slightly unpleasant. Management wasn't very good.
Multicultural w/good benefits.
General Manager (Former Employee), Buckley AFB, CODecember 8, 2014
Pros: a chance to see the world.
Cons: expect to work long days and ok pay.
Excellent place to work and grow in the company. Expect long days/hours of work but very rewarding serving the military, families, and retirees. Best part is a chance to see the world if the positions become open but as the military downsizes so does the opportunities.
Good place to get started
General Manager (Current Employee), Ft. EustisDecember 8, 2014
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: management
Great work-life balance and good benefits. Not much room for advancement unless you would like to relocate.
Overall this is a great company to work for. The benefits here are like none other in any other company.
Logistics Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 8, 2014
It's pretty much like any other place. I do get to meet great people and get to learn new things on a semi-consistant basis. Tgis company gave me an opportunity when many others would not.
The company is a good place to work , if you'r full-time employee.
recycler (Former Employee), Waco, TXDecember 7, 2014
Pros: steady work, happy people, resonable pay, safe working coditions
Cons: no benifits, no overtime, leadership could be better
My employment with AAFES was on a 12 months contract.There were know benefits, an 8 hour day consist of observing 3 receiving docks with about 80 truck bays.It was my job to make sure that all trash cans were emptied and relined with bags ,that no cardboard qua
sare plastic was left on the floor and put in the proper container.
I learned the value of recycling material and their worth.Working for the government is different than the private sector, it present opportunities as well as challenges.My co-workers were of all nationalities.the hardest part of my job at first, was the walking and the temperature, it was either too hot are too cold.The people on this job were some of the most friendly that I ever met I really enjoyed going to work.
stay clear!
warehouse (Former Employee), fort irwinDecember 4, 2014
Pros: shop
Cons: everything esse
no room for advancement, management is corrupt, no hours, feminist management, treat each other like kr**
take advantage of your hardworking self and throw you in the fire when you ask for a raise!
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse worker (MCSS) (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDDecember 3, 2014
I worked all areas from cashier, to stocking, to customer service.
I learned how to run all different areas in the store so that if they needed someone to help out I could be that person.
the management was great to work for.
my co workers were the best, we all got along and helped each other out if need be.
the hardest part of the job was the weather if you had to go out side in the - degree weather.
the most enjoyable part of my job was everything, everyday you never was something different which was great.
Family type atmosphere with coworkers
Service Station Attendant Foreman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXDecember 1, 2014
Sense of accomplishment each day servicing customers vehicles, helping customers select correct tires for their vehicles or upgrading to tires that they prefer.
Great opportunities
Supervisor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 29, 2014
Once I got employed with this company, it took very little time for me to get a promotion. They have a lot of training and opportunities.
A great company allowing experience in multiple fields.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VANovember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working for AAFES and all the experience gained. I was able to serve in multiple roles. Each of them provided me with extensive knowledge I can utilize for the rest of my career.

1 2 3 4 5

About ARMY & AIRFORCE EXCHANGE SERVICE

Be all that you can be and buy all that you can buy at the PX (Post Exchange). The Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) – Read more

ARMY & AIRFORCE EXCHANGE SERVICE Photos