Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

very flexible and a joy to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GANovember 23, 2016
The employees are friendly and a joy to work with
you get a lot of training
light work days
flexible hours
holiday pay
sunday pay
early closing hours
Not an ideal company for a career
Executive Safety & Security Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Yigo, GUNovember 21, 2016
My supervisor was very strict and by-the-book, yet compassionate and supportive of staff, believed in leading by example, and was accommodating when it came to scheduling around unplanned life events. If more managers were like her, the company would be leaps and bounds above what it is now. Many managers in this company are not this way, and do not appreciate their employees, lack integrity, and/or play politics in the workplace in order to advance their personal careers, sometimes throwing individuals (who have done no wrong) "under the bus" in the process.
Pros
Commute, Supportive Direct supervisor
Cons
Low Pay, "Every one for herself/himself"
fun cookout for employees
Sales, customer service (Former Employee) –  West Point, NYNovember 18, 2016
it was a cookout for employees birthdays and special event it made the whole team come together and it made it a better working environment
Na
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  AlaskaNovember 15, 2016
Overall company is ok to work for. Is hard to get a RPT or RFT position. Most departments do not get a set number of work hours and is dependent on the stores sales.
Outstanding Place to work
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GANovember 9, 2016
Great co-works and management. The room for advancement, flexibility of schedules fits right in for military families. Great place to work!
Pros
Awesome co-works and management
Very Customer Oriented
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDOctober 27, 2016
Typical average day, open, check the sales, fill shelves, change signs,take inventory of daily countable. Move through out the day with helping customers with a television question to how does this DVD player work. Helped a lot of spouses hook up stereo equipment while their spouse was deployed.
Sold home appliances for people. Sometimes having to help with the repairs of said items. Dealt with making arrangements for deliveries and repairs. Also sold home furnishings for said homes.
The best people in the world to work with. People from all parts of the world. Made some very great friends.
Managers are like every other manager. Juggling schedules and moving that endcap and the next sale. Plus trying to make sure every department is ready for the next days business. Best people in the world, again.
Hardest part of my job, leaving. Most enjoyable part of my job, knowing I was doing my part to help the military member and their families have a more enjoyable life.
Pros
Working for the military
Cons
Not always being able to help with a problem
Awful leadership
Foreman (Former Employee) –  West Point, NYOctober 24, 2016
I assumed that something as prestigious as west point would have something that is run somewhat efficient but I was completely wrong. Management is awful even chasing people into the bathroom to yell at them and falsifying records to show sales to which I told the gm and was told mind my business. I was then threatened to be terminated because it wasn't working out lol. I never knew that my middle school break up would happen again because I tried to do the right thing in a sea full of wrong.
Pros
Coworkers were cool, customers are very polite
Cons
Short or no breaks, too many managers not enough workers
Terrible low paying high school atmosphere of a job
Outdoor Rec Associate (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLOctober 22, 2016
Horrible place to work. No opportunity to advance, favoritism, discrimination, inept management, and underwhelming benefits.

The military spousal preference also makes it extremely difficult to even get a job here if your not a military spouse.

Poor training programs, archaic inventory and computer systems, and extreme workloads per number of personnel make even Walmart seem like a viable job option. Only apply if truly desperate for work.
Pros
Supporting MRW programs
Cons
Everything else
My first job in the US
Operation Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 20, 2016
It was my very first job when I came to the country and I thought nothing else was better and I truly enjoyed it.It was a great environment to be in and I enjoyed it.
Coworkers was great to work with. Pay was poor.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZOctober 13, 2016
I enjoyed working for them. As a veteran, being around the military environment was comfortable. I would have like better pay though.

Want to know more about Army & Airforce Exchange Service?

Ask a question
Great place to work , but low pay!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 1, 2016
I loved working here, but the pay is too low . With over 4 years experience I was only getting paid 7.50/hr. Couldnt do it anymore , had to leave!
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Didnt pay enough
Shift Assistant
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2016
When I went to the interview and seen how it wasn't carried out on a normal standard, should have been a red flag for me. The manager let me know she wanted me to replace her because she was ready to retire due to her manager. The job wasn't hard at all but there was no real leadership. I wanted to learn quickly and perform at my highest level, which is difficult when the manager was hardly ever there. A co-worker ended up teaching me a lot and she was just as new as me.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
It became stressful to work and to see how demotivated the manager was daily.
Productive and friendly workplace
Stocker/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GASeptember 22, 2016
I worked a part time shift as a Stocker/Laborer in the stockroom my job was to keep inventory, organize, and stock the sales floor. On tuesdays and thursdays unload the truck of new items to be put on the floor
Productive and have a future career
Shift Supervisor /Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VASeptember 15, 2016
They always give you a task which is good to me to learn more and more and giving you opportunity to pursue your dream or goal to your life or career life.
Constant moving, simple task, quiet workplace
Laborer/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VASeptember 9, 2016
The shift length for my current position ranges from 5-8 hours. Go in at midnight when there's a truck to offload; 5 am when there isn't one. Truckloads tend to be large so the work makes time go by fast. Teaches you to work cooperatively with a team however not all coworkers always see eye to eye.
Pros
Great benefits, Early in the morning
Cons
Not enough hours, Only Part-time available for my position
Productive Workplace
Warehouse Worker - Receiver (Current Employee) –  Fort Buchanan, PRSeptember 6, 2016
Learned to operate the forklift, to receive and input to system.
Management do not see the potential on employees and does that do not work at all.
The most enjoyable part of the job is really few supervision.
Pros
Regular PT have benefits
Cons
Short breaks, company does not provide % for 401K
Easy work with great pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 31, 2016
Incredibly great atmosphere, ensures promotions and there is never a dull day at work. Hours aren't ridiculously long and adequately given among all employees.
Pros
easy work non supervisory
Cons
management communication
A friendly and helpful environment
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAAugust 29, 2016
The job of being a store associate is demanding, from maintaining a 24 hour store, to efficiently ringing customers up. With that being said, management and co-workers always lend a helping hand when question s arise. Overall great place to work.
Bad place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  New MexicoAugust 25, 2016
Management plays favorites. Low pay. Hundreds of task to do. They will not work with you on schedule. No recognition at all. Co workers don't like new people.
Pros
Customers
Aafes
Re-Order Associate/ICA (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2016
The Exchange is a great company to work for to broad your experience in the retail and food industries. They provide you with the training you need to succeed in your job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Army & Airforce Exchange Service. Our community is ready to answer.