Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

Productive and have a future career
Shift Supervisor /Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VASeptember 15, 2016
They always give you a task which is good to me to learn more and more and giving you opportunity to pursue your dream or goal to your life or career life.
Constant moving, simple task, quiet workplace
Laborer/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VASeptember 9, 2016
The shift length for my current position ranges from 5-8 hours. Go in at midnight when there's a truck to offload; 5 am when there isn't one. Truckloads tend to be large so the work makes time go by fast. Teaches you to work cooperatively with a team however not all coworkers always see eye to eye.
Pros
Great benefits, Early in the morning
Cons
Not enough hours, Only Part-time available for my position
Productive Workplace
Warehouse Worker - Receiver (Current Employee) –  Fort Buchanan, PRSeptember 6, 2016
Learned to operate the forklift, to receive and input to system.
Management do not see the potential on employees and does that do not work at all.
The most enjoyable part of the job is really few supervision.
Pros
Regular PT have benefits
Cons
Short breaks, company does not provide % for 401K
Easy work with great pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 31, 2016
Incredibly great atmosphere, ensures promotions and there is never a dull day at work. Hours aren't ridiculously long and adequately given among all employees.
Pros
easy work non supervisory
Cons
management communication
A friendly and helpful environment
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAAugust 29, 2016
The job of being a store associate is demanding, from maintaining a 24 hour store, to efficiently ringing customers up. With that being said, management and co-workers always lend a helping hand when question s arise. Overall great place to work.
Bad place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  New MexicoAugust 25, 2016
Management plays favorites. Low pay. Hundreds of task to do. They will not work with you on schedule. No recognition at all. Co workers don't like new people.
Pros
Customers
Aafes
Re-Order Associate/ICA (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2016
The Exchange is a great company to work for to broad your experience in the retail and food industries. They provide you with the training you need to succeed in your job.
An honoring experience.
SERVER (Burger King) (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDAugust 17, 2016
Being located on a military base gives employees the chance to serve their soldiers and provide excellent services with a great team that knows the importance of giving a good product.
Its an honor to serve the men & women in the US Army on a daily badis.
Automotive / Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYAugust 16, 2016
This was a great place to work if you have a heart for the soldiers, it is very demanding of your time if your a management team member. Often told to complete tasks on your day off, or after hours, it's a very diverse place to work, get to meet people from all over the world. If your spouse gets orders to move, there's usually always a place for you to transfer to with in the AAFES community.
Pros
world wide opportunity
Cons
highly demanding of time if in mgmt position, paid on salary often worked 65 hour weeks
Cashier, Stocker, Food Area maintence
SALES ASSICOCATE (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 13, 2016
Well just greet customers,check out their purchases, and close up the store and prepare for the next day. At the end of your shift you had to count your register.
Pros
Learn how to stock and be a cashier
Cons
No benefits, and some managers had favorites
Inclusive plAC
Operations Manager for District (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 9, 2016
I absolutely loved the military. The only down side is the work-life balance. I missed my husband and kids so much. It just got to the point that I could not stand to be away from them any longer.
This company is awsome.
Exchange Detective (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJuly 30, 2016
There are plenty of jobs with in AAFES. I started out working in a gas station as an attendant and applied to become an Exchange Detective. When I got the job the paid for my training.
Productive and fast paced work enivornment
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJuly 22, 2016
9.5 hour shifts
Learned management skills and duties
Team environment and creating relationships with customers are what I enjoyed most
Productive and Fun place to work for.
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 20, 2016
My days usually start off very smooth until the store opens then I answer the phones all day aside from filing, faxing and doing my daily reports it can get crazy fast. For the most part I love working for them. Its like we are all one big family.
Pros
breaks, healthcare
Cons
even work sundays.
A great place to work for, a struggle for advancement.
Return Authorization Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 19, 2016
I have learned that under certain circumstances some management involvement is needed for advancement. Management is based at times dealing with politics, then build on merits. The hardest part of the job is dealing with other associates delegations, and shortage in training to certain employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn different jobs within the company.
Everyday is drama and more drama
Service Business Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 15, 2016
I would say this. If you like a job that keeps you busy, but do not enhance your skills, then working for AAFES is for you. It would take a lot of slacking and no performance in order for you to get fired. Promotion only comes from knowing the right manager. The worst part is no one is allowed to complain or file a complaint. If you want results for any issues, you have to teach yourself, or learn from your mistakes. There is no 'formal' training. You will spend most of your time repairing others mess that was left behind before you.

You have to know someone to get a part-time or a full-time job.All positions offered are intermittent. If Sales are not met, they cut your hours because it "affects the bottom line'. if they like you, you get more hours,if not they cut hours. The longer you are there, the more you can get away with.
Pros
take vacations, meeting customers and serving the Military members
Cons
no breaks, so many Department of Labor violations
warehouse
Warehouse Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2016
love my job i was a single parent and it help me take care of my child . i loved the people and my poistion with this company wish it was still here .
Great company to learn about diversity
Branch Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJune 28, 2016
There was no typical day. Your basic goal was to provide services and have the goods that soldiers and their families were in need of.
Aafes
End User Computer Tech (EUCT) (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 22, 2016
A great place to work, everyone to include the CEO on down to the store managers are very helpful. I would work for this company any time.
Support our future leader
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work is quiet, I've learned to just say yes.
Management is ok as I just feel upper management should
get to know her people better. The co-worker are okay it's jus t
the one that have been in a position for year are treated differently.
The hardest part of the job making sure your you can satisfy all ranks.The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the young soldier and encouraging them to be successful. It's a joy to work with our future leader of the United States.
Pros
Helping our soldiers
Cons
not enough pay

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Reviews by Location