Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

bad
industrial equipment mechanic (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 21, 2017
doesn't compete wage wise. underpaid, over worked and over stressed. everything is put off for the other shift to complete even though they are over worked in the first place. no compensation for said shift, no awards or recognition.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Shaw A F B, SCJuly 20, 2017
Great on all good levels I do believe moral has went down within the facilities and the management teams show favoritism to other employees. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Great company to work for with great job security.
Cons
Promotion is slim to none.
A typical job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 20, 2017
I was grateful for the opportunity, but its just a typical job with a stressed boss. I was told job would be 20 hours a week, but ended up working more than 20 hours because a few people were quitting. I didn't complain because I would make the extra money, but give a heads up next time.
stressful
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 20, 2017
Manager was very rude and didn't handle his self or situations very well. He was very unprofessional and racist, treats people very poorly. For what ever reason he never gets investigated for his actions.
Good
Associate (Former Employee) –  White Sands Missile Range, NMJuly 18, 2017
It was a nice place for a part time job while I was in school. The soldiers were great to be around considering my husband was deployed at the time. Overall great.
Es un ambiente muy bonito, te hacen sentir como en familia, se trbaja mu bien
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 18, 2017
Tienes que checo tu tarjeta de entrada, vas al banco y recoges tu dinero, lo cuentas para cerciorarte que eta todo bien, en el camino todos los compañeros te saludan, ahi aprendi a manejar una caja registradora y ventas, mis compañeras son todas muy positivas y cariñosa, realizábamos actividades para festejar los cumpleaños de las compañeras, la parte mas difícil fue cuando llegue que no sabia que hacer y cuando me despedí
Pros
seguro medico Aetna, pago de vacaciones y días por enfermedad
Cons
trabajo todos los dias de la semana, no había días fijos de descanso
Productive and an Ok place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of folding, tagging and moving merchandise to the correct department of the store.
I learned how to properly display the correct sale signs and fold clothes.
Great Transition job
Military Clothing and Sales Warehouse Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33611July 13, 2017
I got this job returning from overseas after leaving the Military with out an interview. It was a life saver and the people there were great. AAFES really supports our troops
Pros
On Base easy excess
Cons
Not wage competitive.
Job was overall ok.
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 7, 2017
Ok job for a student. was not a lot of room for advancement. You have to be really flexible with an exchange position. Its pretty easy to get a position with aafes.
Work enviroment
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 3, 2017
overall this company can use a little improving especially with management and up! It starts with just appreciating your workers and the work that they do each and every day
Terrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maxwell AFB, ALJuly 1, 2017
This was the worse job I ever had. Management is horrible and shows extreme favortism. Let the employees do what they want. Pay is nothing you can survive off of. They dont believe in promotions. Always short handed
Cons
Low pay, no advacement
Affes
Sr. Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 1, 2017
The hours were not consistence making it hard to balance personal life and work life. Pay was low, not in step with the economy. The other that I worked with made the time there bearable.
Absolutely terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davis-Monthan AFB, AZJune 28, 2017
I would like to preface this by saying that not all management is like this, but a large portion of it is.

The management at the Davis Monthan Main Exchange, for the most part, are some of the most unprofessional "professionals" I've ever had the misfortune of working with and foster the most hostile work environment I have ever experienced. The management is unknowledgable of the jobs they overseeand I am extremely disappointed that this location is even associated with the armed forces and would never recommend working here to anyone with the standing management.
wasn't a pleasant experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home AFB, IDJune 26, 2017
i worked a seasonal position at the mountain home air force base exchange, the "lovely" lady in charge was my #1 problem. i got the most unwanted shifts but she was the manager so i did my job with a smile but she didn't even do her job because she couldn't even train us to accept coupons correctly 2 days in a row.
Bottom of the barrel, even for simple retail. Read anything positive you know its probable,spam
Mngmt/all.3x Afees/2nd job.(inj heal/active duty) (Former Employee) –  MacDill AFB, FLJune 24, 2017
If you are a vet, if you have ANY qualified experiance, they will not tap it- nor acknowledge it Financially, etc.,..They have brought everything down to the BONE. Nothing..to benefit YOU .While crowing about it benefits our servicemen?. Well do what you need to do to keep your contract.....Decency, out!
Pros
?occassional smile from others in the same boat.
Cons
Name it.
Pretty fun place to work
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30905June 22, 2017
This can be a fun place to work depending on your attitude. This is a great job for someone just starting out their work experience and for developing customer service and customer relations. You get to meet people of different cultures and nationalities as well as assisting our soldiers.
Amazing Work Environment
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yuma Proving Ground, AZJune 7, 2017
A great place to learn new people skills and dealing with the public. You get to meet some amazing customers and employees while working in a laid back environment. The people you work with are helpful and there for you when you need help.
Pros
Easy to learn and good entry job.
Cons
Sometimes it can be boring on slow days
No life/ work balance
Retail Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJune 7, 2017
While I enjoyed the customers and people I worked with, there is no work/life balance. The hours are extremely long and compensation does not match effort.
Temporary job
OPERATIONS SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 7, 2017
This was a temporary position, coverage for maternity leave employee, some of the co-workers were pleasant to work with as well with the business associates (vendors)
It is a great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 5, 2017
Workplace was nice and relaxed. Work environment was adjustable, co-workers were easy to get along with. Learned all different kinds of stacking patterns and leadership skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Army & Airforce Exchange Service. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval