Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

It is a great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 5, 2017
Workplace was nice and relaxed. Work environment was adjustable, co-workers were easy to get along with. Learned all different kinds of stacking patterns and leadership skills.
Convient
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Dyess AFB, TXMay 31, 2017
Great place to meet people. Work days where light and stress free. Employees are friendly and helpfull. Being closed on Sundays and holiday aided in spending time with family.
Pros
Great Place to meet people
Cons
No healthcare, did not pay much .
I loved it
Retail Associate/Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GAMay 28, 2017
Working for AAFES has been a blessing. I gained most of my work experience here especially with customer service. Location was great from my house and I didn't have trouble getting here.
Easy to move up.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOMay 23, 2017
I loved working with the vendors and making decisions on product to carry in the store. Most of the customers are military and lot of fun to talk to. They provide you with a sense of honor.
Pros
Fun but informational.
Cons
Not a lot of positions to move up.
great coworkers not so great management team
firearms/warehouse receiver (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 22, 2017
would not work with schedule, understanding department manager but uppers are not so good. Great coworkers, just the best! love that we work for the military. fun environment
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
schedule issues, and cutting hours
Management Struggles
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston AFB, SCMay 17, 2017
The managers where never on the same page as far as what and when things needed to be done which kept everyone stressed and running around with their heads cut off.
Serve the military as a civilian
Sales Associate-sporting (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALMay 16, 2017
Military service establishment, crazy hours but extra money for any holidays worked and after 3 p.m., good benefits, all only available if you can find a part time position.
Lazy Managers and bad Enviroment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAMay 12, 2017
Worked for the BK, managers were lazy beyond belief with the exception of one or two, constantly forced very sick employees to come in and handle food, sent employees to buy cigarettes while on the clock and most managers acted like high school girls in a clique, talked terribly about hard working employees and favored those who kissed up to them above others. Was a terrible work experience and will probably never apply for a job through them again.
Pros
50% off lunches
Cons
Lazy managers, gross conditions
Was just a job.
Loss Prevention Manager III (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 11, 2017
The only way to advance was to sign up for overseas duty. Salary compared to duties and responsibilities was very low. Was told to appreciate the fact that I work for Dept of Defense. Very difficult to get time off as a manager.
Pros
Storre management was very cooperative and supportive.
Cons
Loss Prevention management was very demanding and unrealistic.
Sales & Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILMay 8, 2017
I liked working there and enjoyed working on the floor rather than being a cashier. The work load is not too hard and is fun if you are creative. Management is fair, but task will be given out for you to execute. Times are tough when there is nobody in the store.
Fun Place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAMay 5, 2017
Though I was working for their Subway on the base I loved my job, and that's were I met my husband. Would recommend this to anyone wanting part time work.
Potential for advancement
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Patrick Afb, FLMay 5, 2017
There isn't a typical day at work as the duties are constantly changing. Military knowledge is not required but is extremely helpful. Chain of Command is essential. Potential for advancement is there with requirements for travel. Serving the best personnel in the world!
Fast paced work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yigo, GUMay 4, 2017
Typical day at work requires you to focus mainly on customers.
Management is firm but fair.
Workplace culture is diverse; everyone is friendly.
Hardest part is definitely the cleaning.
Most enjoyable is the people you work with.
Pros
The benefits; shopping at Andersen and Navy/NCTAMS.
Great Benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXMay 1, 2017
Now here'a company with great potential. AAFES has great benefits, excellent job securtiy, friendly associates and most importantly the military communtiy is outstanding. I have been stationed at serveral bases and all have been wonderful.
OPS- Customer Associate
Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAMay 1, 2017
Main job is the responsibly of the weekly promotions and daily price changes. Its a good job if your spouse is in the military and you're stationed in a small town or base that is unrealistic to drive anywhere else. The job is easy its real management where you have problems.
Pros
Easy to relocate if spouse is in the military
Cons
Fun workplace within a productive enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TX 79916May 1, 2017
I enjoyed working here, the managment and staff were very professional and fun. A typical day of working here will be very fast paced and consist of making sales transactions, to taking care of customer questions. The hardest part of the job was gettitng to know the different type of products we had in the store but after you know that, everything is easy and will go by smoothly.
Was one of my best jobs
Laborer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 20, 2017
I loved working with aafes always professional and so clean. They hire on people with great attitudes and great worth ethic never a person standing around always ready to help.
Get to know the U.S. Military Service members and their families.
Laborer / Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAApril 17, 2017
You could start off just working part time and end up still employed 10 years later. You really have to be pro active in getting ahead if you want to advance further in this as a career. Most jobs are low hourly wage, but benefits like shopping in the Main Base Exchange are really nice. NO you don't get Commissary privileges.
Fast and strict.
Civilian Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAApril 17, 2017
This was a good job. Serving those who serve our country. To make a meal for the men and women in uniform is incomparable. It was hard work at an extremely fast pace
Pros
Pay
Cons
Great job for military spouses
Lead cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 10, 2017
This job worked with me and when I had to take time off and at time it was hard when a deployment happened. My manager was great and always treated me with respect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Army & Airforce Exchange Service. Our community is ready to answer.

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Reviews by Location