Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

Enjoyed 26 Year career Serving Military
Supv. E-Business Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: meeting deadlines and cammaraderie with employees/colleagues
Cons: getting older! work to enjoy work it's a blessing
I was most fortunate to work for such a great company at the Army & Air Force Exchange Service. I decided to take early retirement when the option was available and start a new career since I was just 50. Knowing that making a career change at 50 is better than 55 so I took the opportunity to get an annuity with the intent of commencing a new Career.

My goal is to get another career job where I can work 12 - 15+ years and get receive a 2nd retirement.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with unruly customers.
Customer Service, Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MODecember 18, 2014
Working for this company was slightly unpleasant. Management wasn't very good.
Multicultural w/good benefits.
General Manager (Former Employee), Buckley AFB, CODecember 8, 2014
Pros: a chance to see the world.
Cons: expect to work long days and ok pay.
Excellent place to work and grow in the company. Expect long days/hours of work but very rewarding serving the military, families, and retirees. Best part is a chance to see the world if the positions become open but as the military downsizes so does the opportunities.
Good place to get started
General Manager (Current Employee), Ft. EustisDecember 8, 2014
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: management
Great work-life balance and good benefits. Not much room for advancement unless you would like to relocate.
Overall this is a great company to work for. The benefits here are like none other in any other company.
Logistics Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 8, 2014
It's pretty much like any other place. I do get to meet great people and get to learn new things on a semi-consistant basis. Tgis company gave me an opportunity when many others would not.
The company is a good place to work , if you'r full-time employee.
recycler (Former Employee), Waco, TXDecember 7, 2014
Pros: steady work, happy people, resonable pay, safe working coditions
Cons: no benifits, no overtime, leadership could be better
My employment with AAFES was on a 12 months contract.There were know benefits, an 8 hour day consist of observing 3 receiving docks with about 80 truck bays.It was my job to make sure that all trash cans were emptied and relined with bags ,that no cardboard qua
sare plastic was left on the floor and put in the proper container.
I learned the value of recycling material and their worth.Working for the government is different than the private sector, it present opportunities as well as challenges.My co-workers were of all nationalities.the hardest part of my job at first, was the walking and the temperature, it was either too hot are too cold.The people on this job were some of the most friendly that I ever met I really enjoyed going to work.
stay clear!
warehouse (Former Employee), fort irwinDecember 4, 2014
Pros: shop
Cons: everything esse
no room for advancement, management is corrupt, no hours, feminist management, treat each other like kr**
take advantage of your hardworking self and throw you in the fire when you ask for a raise!
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse worker (MCSS) (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDDecember 3, 2014
I worked all areas from cashier, to stocking, to customer service.
I learned how to run all different areas in the store so that if they needed someone to help out I could be that person.
the management was great to work for.
my co workers were the best, we all got along and helped each other out if need be.
the hardest part of the job was the weather if you had to go out side in the - degree weather.
the most enjoyable part of my job was everything, everyday you never was something different which was great.
Family type atmosphere with coworkers
Service Station Attendant Foreman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXDecember 1, 2014
Sense of accomplishment each day servicing customers vehicles, helping customers select correct tires for their vehicles or upgrading to tires that they prefer.
Great opportunities
Supervisor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 29, 2014
Once I got employed with this company, it took very little time for me to get a promotion. They have a lot of training and opportunities.
A great company allowing experience in multiple fields.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VANovember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working for AAFES and all the experience gained. I was able to serve in multiple roles. Each of them provided me with extensive knowledge I can utilize for the rest of my career.
Productive and amazing work place
Labor (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LANovember 12, 2014
Pros: good people surrounding me
Cons: short lunch breaks
A Typical day at work would be slow, nice and easy a lot of amazing customers.

I learned a lot of things such as socking, rebuilding, fixing pumps, working the front register.

The management was amazing it was like we was all one big family, yes we had our disagreements but whats a family with out those.

My Co-Workers we're my engines, my backbone they we're amazing and taught me another reason why its no I in team.

The hardest part I would say was learning how to Shock Vacuum and fix the pumps when I first started but after I learned it was a easy to teach.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to satisfying my customers smile and making them happy.
close nit company and base surroundings
Burger King Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee), McConnell AFB, KSNovember 8, 2014
Pros: comraderie un delivery a company concept to the military personnel
Cons: short staffed.
I learned how to have more patience in the training of new personnel and customers.
Customer relations was a very crucial topic that had to be addressed daily.
An exciting career!
Retail Shift Manager (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VANovember 5, 2014
Pros: work schedule, training, met people from all over the world
Cons: jobs for persons with disabilities have not been established well
The Army Air Force Exchange Services (AAFES) was a very rewarding company to work for! I was surrounded by persons from all walks of life. I was trained in several areas by some of the finest staff personnel I've ever met. Growth in the company was encouraged from the very start of employment. There was never a repeat day. Each day was different and exciting!
Family oriented, taking care and pride in serving the Military Members of the Armed Forces and their Families
Store Manager/Branch (Current Employee), Barksdale AFB, LANovember 2, 2014
Pros: ability to work all over the world, where ever the military goes.
Cons: never had a negative work experience, so i can not tell about any cons.
This company is all about the Military Members and their families.
Any position held from cashier to management has always been a pleasure and fun. The diversity in every position is great. A typical day at work is to take care of the customers and meet their needs.
Hardest part in any positon within the company is not being able to help a customer due to various factors, i.e shortage of merchandise and/or special orders, as well as to see long term returning customers moving on to a new duty station. the most enjoyable part in any position is the smile of a satisfied customer, coworkers and all the differnt people you meet and make friends where ever you go.
The greatest learning experience, is to work within a diverse work force of different cultures and countries.
a job is a job, but unless you know someone or have worked there for several years not much chance for advancement
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), military installations world wideOctober 31, 2014
Pros: 6 hour work day
Cons: low pay
typical day is fairly easy stocking shelves sorting merchandise in the warehouse and helping customers. I became really adept at running the supply location system. management was ok nothing spectacular, and it was great people to work with and for. hardest part of the job was sorting orders for customers, and the most enjoyable part was getting along with everyone
Productive workplace and customer oriented.
CASHIER & SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 27, 2014
A typical day includes maintaining a clean store, taking care of customers, and working together. I learned new skills besides the regular job descriptions such as transferring money as a Western Union agent. Co-workers worked together as a team to make what seem to be impossible possible. The hardest part of the job was keeping short lines in such a fast pace workplace. Most enjoyable was the opportunity to experience all shifts available in a 24 hour store.
Good Atmophere
Store Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 22, 2014
I loved this job relocated to Augusta Ga. I loved working with others and learning the ins and outs of the position..
A great place to work with excellent benefits and retirement
Manager, Planning, Allocation, and Replenishment (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: rewarding work and great people
Cons: some cutbacks on travel can make field interaction difficult.
The Exchange allows most people to work independently with little supervision. Most days people go to their desks and begin working and only interact when necessary to get the job done. There are people from all over the world working at the Exchange which enhances the culture and makes for a rich working experience. The hardest part of the job is getting IT changes implemented in a timely manor even when they make sense. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with a great group of people in the mission to serve the military customers world wide. The benefits are excellent which include liberal vacation and sick leave and comprehensive medical and dental at very good rates.
Excellent workplace interacting with customers
Taco Bell-Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDOctober 17, 2014
Pros: short brakes and 50% off on lunch
Cons: no benefits
Working at Taco Bell is fun, I love interacting with the customers. I love satisfying my customers with good customer service. My co-workers are fun to work and great working as a team.

About Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Be all that you can be and buy all that you can buy at the PX (Post Exchange). The Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) – Read more

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Salaries

$9.98 per hour
Food Service Worker
$18,000 per year

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Photos

he was working aafes,as a forklift operator