Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews in United States

My start
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Robins AFB, GANovember 4, 2015
AAFES, is were I got my start in retail. I started with training in the warehouse were they taught my to drive folk lifts. This gave me the opportunity to become what I am today
Easy worrk
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 24, 2015
Easy work but not good management. Good customer service experience.Employee policies not held to a standard across all employees.
This job has changed a lot over time.
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 20, 2015
Very hard on your body. This job used to offer full time positions, but no longer provides them. For someone just willing to work part time without benefits its a good place to work. If you have a house hold to take care this may not be the wise choice.
Pros
set amount of hours a week
Cons
lowest paid warehouse in area, not offering anymore full time positions
Varied cultures and continuous development of skills
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PROctober 20, 2015
customer service job. Multitasking abilities and capacity to deal with difficult situations. A place to jumpstart your career.
Many responsibilites with poor pay and benefits
Senior Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, AROctober 18, 2015
Expect to work flexible hours and conduct hundreds of transactions per a day. Not a lot of room for advancement. Does provide SOFA stamp which allows you to stay on the American system while living overseas.
Top Senior Sales of Computers and Electroinics
Senior Sales Associate. (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYOctober 15, 2015
Busy, busy , fast paste, brain alertness ,multitasking .
Computers and Electronics is a never ending learning task and it's fun when you love what you do..and did love it every bit of it..
Superb managment 98 percent of the time and family like enviroment .
My co-worker were more than just co-workers and we did learn from each other ..
Hard part was not that we did have a high demanding costumers , high demanding customer regarding our technical knowlegde wich keep us ever learning which is very good, but also, products vs prices .and yet even at times some few spoil customers but not always , and the fact is that we had to stick to the Corporation policies , even do Senior like me did had flexibility to a manager point of decision however sometimes customer tantrum were beyond the limits and we could face the consecuencias of braking the rules, regulation and policies, but when the customers did not agree with such regulation that were standing in the way to get their new merchanside when and at the price they wanted, we mostly employee were thrown under the bus by the higher level of manangment and the polices bend suddenly to fit the outcry customer's tantum plus a gift card reward to keeping him or her happy, this falls under Red tapes and policies customer always right .
Most enjoyable part of of the Job was everything , serving as a DOD civilian was and is a higher honor, minus the time we were thrown under the bus. LOL..loves the monthly potlucks, heritage month, travel with the company.. I did enjoy serving this many yrs..will do it again.
Pros
monthly potlucks, heritage month, travel with the company, health, regular loving customers and get to know alots new people from all over the world.
Cons
being thrown under the bus.
Decent place to work...like the mission and who we serve
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 14, 2015
I enjoy working with my co workers and the pay is decent. Potential to advance if you're willing to move "anywhere"! I like the security of working on a military installation.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No real bonus
Work Day
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCOctober 5, 2015
Working at this store was not to fun. It was always some kind of problem. The store change management three times. The hours was 20-25 a week and I live a hour away. Work and customer were find just management suck.
Review Summary AAFES
Human Resources Technician Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 2, 2015
It is a very interesting organization to work for. It is an organization that truly believes in family serving family. All organizations work to make improvements if needed.
This job allows you grow within the company.
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAOctober 2, 2015
A typical day at work is always productive helping customers and employees. Making sure the business operates and meet its daily requirements , having proper staffing and materials. Management is very helpful always there to assist if needed. Co-workers are willing to assist at any given moment. The hardest part of the job is NOTHING. The enjoyable part of the job is having good employees.
n/a
Mechanic, Army (Former Employee) –  texasOctober 1, 2015
was a Mechanic worked well with my piers, self-less service, honor, integrity. hardest part was being away from my family
Fun place
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOOctober 1, 2015
I love this place. I worked at the Fort Leonard Wood Gas Station. Solders and families I served was worth the while.Management was Awesome . No Complains , Awesome place
great enviroment to learn new task and projects
Re-Order Associate/ICA (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Proiorties are negative on hand reports and inventory. Unload Waco truck and stock merchandise that is needed on sales floor. Reorder or find out about missing merchandise.
Pros
grat benifit, great hours, awsome wok experince
Cons
Lack of Communication
Managment
Store Associate/Gas Station (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 26, 2015
Managment is very condescending towards employees across the board. They act as if theyre army seargents. apply only as a last resort.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
managment
co-workers
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GASeptember 25, 2015
They were really nice. We all got along for the most part. If we ever needs to swap or change shifts for appointments it was not a problem.
Great Environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VASeptember 17, 2015
The people who work here as are very friendly and committed to serving those who serve our country. Everyone is very professional and respectful.
Steady if you can get regualr part-time
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZSeptember 14, 2015
Its a great part-time job if you can get the right positions. Management can be a hassle to deal with if you. As long as you do your job, it's easy to work for this company.
Pros
Government Benefits if part-time
Cons
Hours can be chaotic at times
Antiquated way of doing business
E-Learning Designer/Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Although serving the military and their families is a noble cause, this company goes about it the wrong way. The company is structured much like the military, where "because I said so" is somehow a legitimate business justification. Ego's and titles rule the halls here. Also, there are very few people with business accumen in charge of things here. Most people in charge are family members of military. They don't have the skills to run a $9 Billion a year organization.
Hated going to work
sales (Former Employee) –  florida/eglinSeptember 7, 2015
If you take away the Managers bonuses the company would be a 100% better. Everybody suffers including the customer because that's all they think of. Because of it hours are constantly cut , people are not promoted, equipment is not being fixed. Worst company I ever worked for. The GREED was way to much for me.
Pros
Cons
many
Great job for the military dependant
Softlines Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg,NCSeptember 5, 2015
The Army & Air Force Exchange Services is a globally located department store. located in conjunction with various military post. They have numerous opening and opportunities for those living in the areas associated with the Military life.
Pros
numerous locations
Cons
traditional retail hours