ARMY & AIRFORCE EXCHANGE SERVICE

ARMY & AIRFORCE EXCHANGE SERVICE Employer Reviews

Low-stress, face to face customer service environment
Foreman/Shift Manager/ Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXAugust 12, 2013
I assist customers with what they're looking for in the store. The store gets pretty busy during the boot camp graduations. We have family and friends from all over the United States shopping in the store. I enjoy being able to help the customers find what they're are looking for, as well as offer them new products that they may not be aware of.
AAFES a great place of employment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Edgewood, MDAugust 3, 2013
Pros: benefits, advancement, easy relocation as needed
Cons: starting pay was slightly lower than expected
My typical work day was to maintain the daily operation of the facility as a supervisor. I greeted and assisted customer with their shopping needs.
I learned that team effort is very vital to completing the daily mission and facility operation.
Management maintained the over all operation of the store and assist with ensuring the crew had all their – more... necessities to work their shifts. Management also trained the staff on quality customer service, work ethics, policies, and procedures.
My co-workers was constantly being trained to the facility operation and standards of procedures. Some co-workers felt that retail was not the path that wanted to go, so eventually they were relieve of their employment. The hardest part of the job was to work with supervisors that wanted to fraternize with certain employees outside of work, then they favored those employees over the rest of the crew during working hours. My facility also was transitioning to close during the BRAC realignment and I realize it was harder to conduct store wide inventory as many crew members and management was already transitioning out of the store.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with incoming military personnel and assisting their families. I also enjoyed hearing of their military experiences while they're defending our country . The best part of my job was making sure the facility was equipped and stocked with everything the military personnel needed to assist with their mission, and leave them with words of wisdom to enlighten their day. – less
productive
Store Manager (Former Employee), iraqJuly 29, 2013
Pros: deployment opp
Cons: short lunch breaks
It is a very nice place to work,meet new people from all over the world.
Sorry I accepted work with the BX
BX (Former Employee), PAFBJuly 28, 2013
The worst supervisors I had ever worked for,no experience what so ever on how to treat the workers and yes we were called workers NOT associates. The WORST job ever. Management has there nose stuck so far in the air and the workers are treated like garbage. RUN RUN RUN
Great company, and enjoyable on most days.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 26, 2013
Typical day at work was cashing customers out, processing payments, processing credit cards, doing layaways, processing western unions for customers. I learned so much. I learned how to process a credit card for our customers whom signed up, and learned how to do western unions for customers that needed to send money to people in different states or – more... countries. Management honestly was kind of a mess, but some management was awesome. Co-workers was like another kind of family you never had; you work so closely together that you learn everything about that person. Hardest part of the job would be I'd say working when the holidays are so close that people are buying and needing to do so much it gets busy, it's not that its really hard its just busy busy busy, you can barely catch a break. The enjoyable part of the job is just working with everyone and working as a team. – less
Great Company
Senior Office Associate (Former Employee), Barksdale AFB, LAJuly 24, 2013
Great company with room for advancement and a great mission statement!
Great Company
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus AFB, MSJuly 23, 2013
Great atmosphere. Good benefits. Team oriented. Room for advancement. Lots of training opportunities. Great place to have a career for someone that is into customer service.
High Expectations very little compensation
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: being trusted to and looked to to handle issues that may have come up
Cons: very low pay, not much opportunity for advancement.
I worked for the team that had the most areas to cover in the store. There were only three other people that worked on the team. Our areas included two of the largest areas, Toys and Lawn and Garden. We were spread very thin and expected to keep all areas stocked and neat. We weren't properly trained so that we could answer all the questions that a – more... customer may have had. The storeroom wasn't very well organized so finding an item that a customer wanted would take longer than it should have.

I received an award for Proficiency in Customer Service during my time there. – less
Productive, motivated, fun loving, warm, enjoyable, team work and focus.
Shift Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2013
Pros: health insurance, access on military base, life insurance, social security, free lunches
Cons: short breaks, uniform
The work environment was fast paced, especially around the holidays. Friendly environment. People had a lot of stories.
I learned a lot working with different kinds and race people especially when I first came and work legally in Oklahoma, I was overwhelmed with the fun loving people I met.
My supervisor taught me a lot of things on how work done, organized – more... That is why when I'm working on a project, I don't want just to meed deadlines. Rather, I prefer to complete the project well ahead of schedule.
Enjoyed working with my co-worker gained a lot of friends.
The hardest part of the job was the adjustment period for me, it takes a couple of months.
The most enjoyable part of the job wasI did not expect that I can handle it but I pride myself on my customer service skills and my ability to resolve what could be difficult situations, my ability to focus on my work, I'm not easily distracted and when I' under pressure I focus and get the job done. – less
Interesting
IT Security Architect (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasJuly 6, 2013
Pros: visa to stop fines with my architecture.
Cons: management wanting me to stop dealing out action items.
I designed a world wide network to include war zones!
Encryption world wide to include centralized IBM mainframes!
Architecture role out to manage action items to all departments to include senior management items of change.
I was hired as a sole contributor hence my co - workers were RSA
Escalation of issues to general consul about management and a – more... process of intrusion awareness!
Getting encryption everywhere to show Visa! – less
Putting out fires and serving our troops
General Engineer (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 4, 2013
This job is all about staying vigilant until you are needed but at the same time making it's very important to be proactive. The management is pretty straight forward on top of things. The job itself requires a lot of hands on work including rebuilding conveyers and repairing vital parts in order to keep merchandise freely flowing. This job will teach – more... you something new everyday by causing you to thing outside of the box. – less
Cable Technician
Store Manager (Former Employee), afghanistanJune 28, 2013
Install, maintain and repair all existing cable in assigned area
Fast paced work environment
Post Exchange Foreman (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedules, sick leave and vactation leave, and employee health and dental plans
Cons: often short of staff, aging work environment
A typical work day consists of a heavy flow of sales around 8am and it picks back up again for lunch and again around 6pm. In between those peak hours. The best part of the job was the people I get to work with everyday that worked for me and the veterans and active duty service members and their families that I was privileged to serve.
Productive and Friendly Work Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJune 19, 2013
My co-workers at AAFES were all great and we worked as a team together. There was room for movement with the company as positions be came avaliable. It was great getting to work with new customers everyday but also getting to see the returning faces as well.
Used RSA encription thoughout enterprise world wide!
IT Security Architect (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasJune 16, 2013
Pros: eliminated identity theft world wide army-air force - navy
Cons: managment did not like being told how to do architcture!
Eliminated $50k a month in VISA fines with my architecture.
Productive and Fun workplace.
Human Resources Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 4, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with AAFES. The environment was very stable and advanced was encouraged.
customer service
Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), redstone arsenal Huntsville AlJune 3, 2013
Pros: meet lots of different people
Cons: its only a part time position
I am a cashier and wait on customers, and handle lots of money.
Great people, fun work
Shift Manager at Gas Station (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAJune 3, 2013
Worked at a gas station on post. Enjoyed my managers, learned a lot. Very stringent/regulated, but that makes sense since the organization is so enmeshed with the military.
train new emploeey
General Manager (Former Employee), Ramstein GermanyJune 2, 2013
set up store for business, daily paperwork,
time-management,
team work
Characteristics of my current job
Custodial Worker (Current Employee), Fort Eustis, VAMay 29, 2013
I work only fridays, saturdays, and sundays. I begin to work at 7:30 AM and finish at 3:30 PM. I learn continuosly each day about new task to realize. I have developed a very good and respect relationship vith my managers and coworkers. The hardest part of my job is the give with the shampoo vacum a shampoo for the carpet and to pass the brightller – more... machine over the floor that has not carpet. The most enjoy part of my job is to mup the floor, pass the vacum and clean the glass of the windows. – less

About ARMY & AIRFORCE EXCHANGE SERVICE

Be all that you can be and buy all that you can buy at the PX (Post Exchange). The Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) – Read more

ARMY & AIRFORCE EXCHANGE SERVICE Photos