Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed working with the employees, service members and their families
Human Resources Manager III (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJuly 24, 2015
Traveled to different facilities to gain "hands on" experience of staffing needs, as well as being able to meet with employees to answer questions and assist with HR issues.
Pros
Feeling like I was giving back to the service members
Cons
Turnover of employees
Plenty of work in IT department
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2015
Assist personal fixing their computer issues either over the phone or going to their desk personally. Installing software to computers and assisting on getting rid of computers and software that were out of date
Pros
Ten national hollidays off
Cons
Meeting your goals depended more on how you were like then your job performance
Wonderful to work with
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJuly 2, 2015
When I had a problem with a manager putting me down for hours that she knew I could not work the company moved me to another job in another building. They were great at understanding my daycare problem that I didn't have any until 1630, so they allowed my son to wait the 10 minutes in the seating area while the sitter made his way across the base.
Easy worrk
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 24, 2015
Easy work but not good management. Good customer service experience.Employee policies not held to a standard across all employees.
Always learning new things and a chance to be creative.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYMay 29, 2015
After processing the incoming clothing--unpacking the boxes, pricing each item, hanging them up on the right belts sorted by department--we would take them out onto the floor. We had a chance to be creative when we had to dress manikins and organize the displays. I was always learning knew things like how to color coordinate, how to shrink-wrap packaged clothing, and how to use the telephones on the floor to make announcements or to call for another employee. I also got to volunteer to help with a few of the Back To School Fashion Shows. I think that the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be interacting with the customers.
Fun place
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOOctober 1, 2015
I love this place. I worked at the Fort Leonard Wood Gas Station. Solders and families I served was worth the while.Management was Awesome . No Complains , Awesome place
Managment
Store Associate/Gas Station (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 26, 2015
Managment is very condescending towards employees across the board. They act as if theyre army seargents. apply only as a last resort.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
managment
productive and fun
Customer Service/ Accountant Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCAugust 30, 2015
Great place to work with wonderful group of people and things to learn. The work environment is great and always meeting new people everyday. I love interacting with others.
physical job, keeps you in shape
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 29, 2015
Very physical job, load and unload trucks.
keeps you in shape. Checking in merchandise.
Management expects a lot, but would allow some down time for pot luck lunches with other employee's. Good work experience.
Pros
Lots of exercise to keep in shape.
Cons
no benefits for temporary employees.
Great Environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VASeptember 17, 2015
The people who work here as are very friendly and committed to serving those who serve our country. Everyone is very professional and respectful.

Want to know more about Army & Airforce Exchange Service?

Ask a question
rewarding and happy palce to work
Sr, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2015
i loved this job. it opened my eyes to the base and the military. nevr worked on a military base before so this was a great exsperience. met alot great people that im still close to .
Good place to help the soldiers and their family.
Food Service Supervisor/ Einstien Bagel (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 23, 2015
. Loved meeting new people
. Co-workers made it a great place
. Management always had an open door for you to talk to them
. Working in a small area
. Helping others
Pros
Meeting all types of people from aroung the world
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun working and relocating.
Food Court Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TxAugust 13, 2015
Training managers, on multi-tasking, how to increase sales and keeping productivity in line. I learned everyone is important to achieve organizational goals.
Pros
Travel
Cons
House hunting
Serving our military members
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Yigo, GUApril 24, 2015
Working for AAFES has been quite an experience. I don't know if it was just the location but my experience in Guam they have a little more growing to do. The management doesn't provide open views fairly. They take the opinions of their employees to write performance evaluations. Use caution when performing your job, if someone doesn't like it, you may not find out until its too late. I enjoy serving my members at times it can be difficult but always rewarding.
Pros
working for military
Cons
unfair judgement
co-workers
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GASeptember 25, 2015
They were really nice. We all got along for the most part. If we ever needs to swap or change shifts for appointments it was not a problem.
Exciting company to work for.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAMay 6, 2015
Very face paced. You need to be a self starter, as well as be very motivated. This is little to no time to slack off. At this position your daily tasks change daily. Your management teams for the better part are great and go above and beyond to see you succeed. As with any company you work for you will not always see eye to eye with your coworkers. It is about learning how to adjust to each worker and complementing each others goals and tasks. The hardest part of the job is making sure you complete your daily tasks with little to no errors in a timely manner. This is where your time management skills come into play. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your hard work pay off and when you help a not so happy customer leave 100% satisfied.
Cons
Small company with little advancement at this location. Have to relocate to advance.
n/a
Mechanic, Army (Former Employee) –  texasOctober 1, 2015
was a Mechanic worked well with my piers, self-less service, honor, integrity. hardest part was being away from my family
Army Airforce Exchange
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2015
A typical work day included communicating with different military bases to get merchandise transferred. Management was extremely welcoming and forthcoming with information. The environment was relaxed and productive.
Pros
Overall, it is a great company.
Cons
It was an internship.
The best workplace ever!
Multi-unit General Manager (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDMarch 26, 2015
As a intermittent non exempt manager for over 15 years.
AAFES has been a great place to work, of course every duty station assigned ( PCS 14 times in 15 Years) has it's challenges at a local level and dealing with adjustments in senior mgmt. But the single common factor of supporting our troops made it worth it.
Been able to travel all over the world also is a benefit.
Demanding: very. Rewarding: very
Life events, demanded separation from AAFES but the memories and people I had the honor and pleasure to meet and work are priceless
Pros
Travel, compensation, benefit
servicing the military
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 12, 2015
The army and airforce exchange service provided servicemen/women and their families with shopping facilities that offered them discounts products. I processed sales for different army/airforce bases.
Pros
servicemen/women