Army Corps of Engineers Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Marin County, CAFebruary 18, 2018
a lot of work for one person. hard to get to without car. management is very bossy. kind of boring. most of the people that works there are very nice the management is mean.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits, mean management
Very exciting job, many training hours miss it
Retired first sergeant for company (Former Employee) –  United States/GermanyFebruary 17, 2018
Very demanding, always learning new tasks, constantly going to school to learn new technology, good working environment, never a dull day, I would do it again if I had the chance, we built many damms also in the states
Many good benefits
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Buzzards Bay, MAFebruary 14, 2018
I would work on the water ways, the comfort stations, bridges, and anything else that needed attention or to be fixed. Very close to home, many holidays off, great PTO, awesome hours
Does not follow Army regulations and procedures
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 8, 2018
The reason I left was due to the lack of following and maintaining US Army regulatio0ns and procedures. Older employees were stuck in a "this is the way we have always done it" attitude and were unwilling to change. Management did not do a good enough job of forcing change to ensure employees followed procedure.
reading Government Contracts and blue prints and working with contractors
Civil Engineer, GS (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 8, 2018
A challenging job requiring many facets of contracting, and construction. While working in a central office, the job required frequent, sometimes multiple trips daily to the job site. This job required managing several multi million dollar projects at once, providing clarification of blue prints, modifications from both the end user and contractors, meeting with design engineers, tracking progress and contract payments. Some projects required extended travel to remote regions.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
Limited access to some job sites.
Intern
Engineering Aide (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Position was a positive experience as a paid internship. Provided opportunities to work in different environments and a valuable overview of the districts mission.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
overnight travel required regularly
20% of the workforce quits every year
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76102February 7, 2018
Pathetic leadership at the first level. The executive leadership is outstanding and first class. Be prepared for really backwards and mean bosses with no people skills as your immediate management level. They are working on it and I can only describe my own experience with my management. I transferred after a year as I could not wait around for things to "get better". Maybe you will get lucky? The PM turnover will remain extreme until upper management finds a way to fix their first line management problem.
Great job
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Come to work ready to work every day. No dull moments. Lots to do and everything is important to the mission of the Corps. You will be well respected for what you do.
Pros
Cons
Not a lot of promotion opportunities
Really bad management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Pros
work life balance
Cons
First Line Management low quality
Not a very friendly place to work
QMED Oiler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2018
Very poor management, cut throat, lack of leadership. Fratneziation throughout the agency. Would never recommend any one to work for this agency, bad, bad.
Fun fast paced
Deckhand (Current Employee) –  St. Paul mn to Memphis TN on Mississippi riverFebruary 2, 2018
The job is great but I no longer have the opportunity to advance in my career. I wanted to be an engineer but my uncle has become the chief engineer which is a conflict of my advancement
Pros
Free room and board and meals
Cons
No advancement
Planner/Project Manager
Civil Engineer, GS (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76102February 1, 2018
It was very challenging providing both a Planning and Project Management mix for the studies I led at the time. The workplace culture was influx as Project Management Business Process was evolving.The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to communicate the available programs and services to stakeholders. I also enjoyed leading an inter-disciplinary team in preparation of decision documents.
Pros
Unlimited growth potential
Cons
Only room for 1 star
Great Learning Experience
PC Technician I (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Great learning experience and fantastic group of people to support. Typical IT support tasks including machine imaging, hardware diagnostics, support of Office applications, etc.
Review
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 1, 2018
The reason I give the United States Army Corps of Engineers a Five Star Rating. They work well with there employees. They have great benefits. They are great people to work for.
Pros
Learning New Things
Cons
30 Minute Lunch Breaks
Safety Intern
Student Trainee (Safety) (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MIJanuary 29, 2018
Working with the safety officer was great. Relaxed environment full of daily change and challenges. Be comfortable working in colder weather, the site sits right on the Great Lakes.
Good to work with, Rangers sometimes unavailable due to busy holidays.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Sidney LanierJanuary 28, 2018
My jobas a cashier was in one of the day use parks, and very stressful on holidays. It gets very busy at 6:30 A.M.

You meet lots of people from all over the world and become friends for life.

Keeping in constant communication with the office personal is the most important part of the job.
Pros
Meet people from around the world.
Cons
Long hours, rainy days seem the longest.
yep
Natural Resource Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Buckhorn, KYJanuary 28, 2018
I loved the time that i worked with the US Army Corps of Engineers. I would love to get back on with them as a park ranger. I love the environment and cultrue.
The captain caused a lot of bad leader ship
2nd Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 27, 2018
There was not enough of the up supervisors involved in the decisions making of the operation of the Tug and crane operations. the captain was slow to make on the spot decisions which caused miss trust.
Pros
job security
Cons
wrong people in decisions making
Amazing Place to Work
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 24, 2018
The Corp of Engineers is a great place to work. It is a family that works together. The Corp Employees all all strong in teamwork skills. There are always advancement opportunities in most departments and you get the required training and skills you want/need to do your job correctly.
No Comment
Systems Engineer (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2018
No Comment. This was a job I had that would not be a good fit for me in my current life or lifestyle. Not sure why I need to fill this out to begin with.