Army Fleet Support

Army Fleet Support Employee Reviews

Mixed emotions
Mechanic (Former Employee), Dothan, Al.February 4, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor attitude among co-workers
Loved the work! Very proud of the fact that we helped the soldiers have safe aircraft to train on. I would have really enjoyed it if the majority of fellow employees could appreciated the job we had and how lucky we were.
very informed place to work
Lead Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALFebruary 2, 2015
On a typical day I done all the paperwork for the uh 60 and bell 406-407, I done scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the helicopters.
Maintenance/Phase Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALDecember 8, 2014
good work place, everyday something new to complete and taskings to get done
good company to work for.
Avionics Tech (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALNovember 17, 2014
Pros: had their own tools.
Cons: layoffs
Worked with and maintained standard and non-standard test equipment, instruments, meters, and gauges. Performed inspections, functional checks and troubleshooting. Made modifications, repairs,and equipment overhauls.
It was a opportunity of a life time.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Rucker ALNovember 3, 2014
I learned a great deal about how to deal with daily stress. There was a lot about the job that was very mundane but at times it would become very chaotic. Learning how to cope and manage that was extremely valuable. It also gave me a opportunity to manage other people for which I am extremely thankful. The people that I had the chance to work for and had work for me where extremely capable. I learned things from each and every one of them. The thing I enjoyed most about my job was being challenged.
Loved my Job
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALSeptember 26, 2014
I loved my job. Over the last 5yrs or so, the management there has just turned out to be the biggest frauds. All they care about is THE $$$. They do not care about the employees or their customers.
Treated Poorly!
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Rucker, ALSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: reasonable salary
Cons: treated poorly/ extensive hours/pathetic raises
Very quick turnover of upper management. Lower and middle management treated poorly. Hourly employees paid and treated better than supervisors who are expected to run the day to day operations.
at will employee
Deputy Program Manager (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: at will status in alabama
AFS uses the "at will" status, They will terminate you and does not have to explain. If you are attempting to work on Fort Rucker you are better off as a hourly employee versus Management.
Fun,enjoy,good people,learned different systems,special lunches
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALJune 19, 2014
Pros: special lunches
Cons: short breaks
Fun,enjoy,good people,learned different systems,special lunches
Patriotic, rewarding and stimulating career.
Roving Safety Manager (Current Employee), Fort Rucker, ALApril 28, 2014
Pros: the freedom to enteract with employees, hear their concerns or safety issues and being able to resolve them.
Cons: it is difficult to get benefical traing that pertains to the profession, other than education. we do not have the opportunity to participate in work related conferences, training, interact with other perfessional, experts.
My work day includes:
Traveling to different airfields to conduct training of safety procedures and ensuring that all maintenance work is in compliance with the Department of Defense, Department of the Army, NFPA, EPA and OSHA/CFR guidelines. Conduct investigations of accidents pertaining to on-the-job injuries or damage to government and company owned property. Generate reporting for AGAR, AAAR and companies requirements for documentation. Recommend corrective actions and preventive methods as appropriate for each aviation accident incident or injuries .
By managing over 500 employees and 20+ supervisors daily, I have learned the importance of being flexibility and understanding all while balancing the policies and requirements of the company.
Great company with substandard management/supervision
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Ft RuckerApril 17, 2014
Pros: awesome pay and benefits
Cons: (micro).....management....
Aside from the fact that this company WILL HIRE A PLUMBER(with no aviation background) into the position of a supervisor, it is not a bad place to work. The employees are hard working folks and some of the nicest people I've met! They will work you some long hours and 8 days a week at times, but the pay makes it well worth it! This job was by far, one of the better aviation places I've worked at.
Educational
Avionics lead (Current Employee), Fort Rucker, ALApril 6, 2014
Pros: the amount of exprence
Cons: the area
This is a great place to get started in aviation. You have the opportunity to work on array of helicopters at a pace and a level you will not see anywhere else.
Average Employer
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALApril 2, 2014
Just your average typical employer. I would work there again.
productive workplace
Avionics Electrical & Instrumental Technician (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALMarch 24, 2014
Pros: bounus, free lunches could listen to music while you worked
Cons: to many supervisors telling you different things
Management changed constantly, I really learned a lot from my co workers which was a great group of people, The hardest part of my job was the rules changed quiet often, the enjoyable part was they didn't breathe down your neck all the time and if you had a problem with the job you was assigned ,they would send someone to help you out
Productive busy
AP mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALMarch 21, 2014
it was a great job and enjoyed working on helos. i learned alot about fundimentals of helos. had some good coworkers they kept moral up in the shop.
Aircraft Mechanic
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALMarch 12, 2014
Job was excellent. Job security, not good to many lay offs. Performed maintenance on helicopters as needed after flights.
good place to work
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee), ft rucker alabamaFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: lunch paid
Cons: union, shift
long day of 12 hrs working in and out the hanger in any condition .
Good job to have except for the company not making exceptions for people who have to take benzodiazpines.
Records Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. Rucker, AL.January 22, 2014
Pros: good pay and good benefits
Cons: bad drug policies
The company was alright to work for except for when it came to your medications that a doctor prescribes for you. If it is one they say will affect your performance then they will not let u work there. I had to go out on medical disability just because I take Valium. I had taken it years before they changed the drug policy and it never affected me in an adverse way then but then years later they changed their drug policy to say that you can't take it and work there. I had been there for 16 years straight with no problems but had to leave due to that one particular medication that I take.
Good people to work with
hydraulic system mechanic at AMSS building (Former Employee), Ft. Rucker Al.December 20, 2013
Responsible for supporting all airfields in maintaining aircraft readiness
Great company to work for until they relocated to Fort Rucker, Alabama
Supply Technician Lead/Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXDecember 10, 2013
I was in charge of all purchases for the company from pens and pencils to the lubricating oils and parts for aircraft. I learned a lot about aviation supply.

1 2 3

About Army Fleet Support

Army Fleet Support, (AFS) is a joint venture company led by L-3 Integrated Systems Group. AFS is an ISO 9001:2000 company – Read more

Army Fleet Support Salaries