Army Fleet Support Employee Reviews

Powerhouse
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJanuary 21, 2018
A great place to work. I would recommend this company to all that is interested in aircraft maintenance, This is a great place for advancement and a learning environment
Unstable. Total chaos.
Mechanic Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALOctober 12, 2017
Upper management changes often. Most management had no training in aviation field. Did not try to communicate with hourly employee's. A good old boy company.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
management
good place to work.
Air Craft Refinisher Specialist. (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJuly 17, 2017
Good place to work overall, but manegment and supervision needs to be better, not a lot of togetherness in decision making with manegment, Supplies were not always Available to do required work Affectively.
Pros
once a year bonus.
Cons
union need to represent Employees more.
Very productive
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 11, 2017
Good place to work, people are helpful. You work as a team. The work is not demanding, but is taught to work well with each other. Teaches you leadership.
Reccomend
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALMay 5, 2017
*1st 6 months I learned a lot
* After that, job became a bit repetitive, with a lot of waiting around for work because of union rules.
*Great place to learn how to become an aircraft mechanic
High stress work environment with poor management
Flight Safety Standardization/Safety Pilot (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALApril 15, 2017
Attempted to provide high quality product while working with a management group that constantly wanted to cut corners and sacrifice safety for increased production.
Pros
Reasonably high pay scale, reasonable work hours
Cons
Constant conflict with upper management over safety issues.
Great place to work for A&P mechanic's union controls everything
A&P helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALMarch 13, 2017
Great place to work the top three aviation jobs Highest paid in the country is AFS work is good but Alabama sucks overall nothing else to do but go to work and go to Atlanta or Miami on the weekends
Pros
One of the top three companies highest-paid mechanics besides UPS and FedEx
Cons
Living in Alabama sucks overall
not a longterm spot
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ft. Rucker, ALMarch 4, 2017
Great money. But I guess they have to give you something. Management doesn't really know much about what really needs to happen. All the decisions are made from the top down. They have a union contract, but in a lot of ways its written to the company's benefit. To a certain extent,I can understand the company's right to make money. But manipulating the people is just plane wrong. I didn't enjoy it.
Pros
money is awesome. Benefits are the best you can get
Cons
Money ain't everything, They have a union and they exploit the rules, They act like they own your life and force you to respect that!
No Hope
Will not disclose (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJanuary 28, 2017
Very stressful and unfulfilling envoronment and workplace. A typical day is filled with discrediting and harassment. Please do not place hopes on a career here.
Pros
Dental plan
Cons
Constant harassment and micro-management
Quick, fast pace workplace.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJanuary 25, 2017
AFS is a high tempo, demanding job. It calls for long hours and lots of patience. The pay is great ,however, management is a sometimes hard to work with. There is a feeling of hostility from upper management. Working here gives managers a crash course on personnel management and how to organize job tasking on a whole other level. Good or Bad, it is definitely an experience that I will take with me for the rest of my life.
Pros
Good hourly employees, good pay, decent benefits
Cons
hostile environment, long hours
Long hours are never enough
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJanuary 11, 2017
The one thing I hated working there was paperwork. Management always wanted paperwork and for you to "hold them accountable". This was very difficult when dealing with Union workers. Paperwork was useless when all they had to do was go to their Union Rep and escape punishment. Most were not even real mechanics and were very stubborn when it came to new processes. All they wanted to do was turn wrenches and not document any maintenance. I imagine they eventually ended up complying, but it was like trying to get blood from a rock most times. It was very frustrating to see them just drop everything right in the middle of a job because it was break time or the end of the shift. There was no dedication displayed at all.
Pros
Salary
Cons
stubborn mechanics, bad management
fast pace and very good environment
Aircraft mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALDecember 26, 2016
good company, Great pay, and good benefits, and people are very helpful and willing to go to the next step to complete the job.
Enjoyed working at AFS
Aviation Life Support Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALDecember 14, 2016
This was a great job. I inspected flight equipment, updated records, issued flight equipment to the students and instructor pilots. Enjoyed the interaction with the students and instructors. Enjoyed the co-workers I worked with.
My experience
Lead Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALNovember 14, 2016
I am Thankful for the opportunity to work for this organization. I really had a chance to understand military functions and the jobs they created for us. I worked for Good people. They're will always be difference of opinions, but this is how we learn. I encourage many to try and work in this field so they will understand how we contribute to the Military.
Pros
Great benefits, Lots of Overtime
Cons
management, discipline for reduntant employees, better training!
Busy, but demanding
Supply Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALOctober 6, 2016
Union labor force creates an unstable work environment. Management has no control, CBA dictates everything. Seasoned employees have full control.
Hostile work enviroment good benifites
Field Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALSeptember 19, 2016
Come in at 6 oclock to go over the task for the day IT wise. Worked with aircraft mechanics and office workers to solve IT related issues. Manage IT needs for airfield including equipment and support needs.
I learned how to work with various personalities and new technologies the Army would bring in to be more efficient.
I had some good co-workers and some back. Several would step on others to advance their career and would put you in position to fail so they could look better.
Hardest part of my job was getting clear communication from upper management.
I enjoyed the users I helped and being around aircraft.
Pros
good benifits, enjoyable users to work wth
Cons
Managment was like a boys club, no clear advancement path
Materiel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Daleville, ALOctober 30, 2015
Enjoyed my time working for this company. Good working environment with great people. Fun place with supportive management. Very professional and well run. Can't wait to get back to work!
generally a productive fun atmosphere, but can be aggressive at moments
Aircraft mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALOctober 21, 2015
. Clock in get supplies.
. how to communicate and complete a task correctly.
. Sometimes not the best decisions are made.
. Generally ok.
. Launch time.
. Clock out.
Pros
sometimes get a really good break
Cons
sometimes dont really get a break
Not a good place to work
Aviation Technical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft Rucker, ALSeptember 28, 2015
There are many issues with this organization. There is a severe lack of ethics and leadership. The management has a severe gross conduct in treatment of their employees.
Good Pay
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALAugust 10, 2015
Good Pay, Senior management poor. Work environment hostile. Union members came before management. HR incompetent. Too much good old boy. One oops voids 100 that a boys.