Army Fleet Support Employee Reviews

Long hours are never enough
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJanuary 11, 2017
The one thing I hated working there was paperwork. Management always wanted paperwork and for you to "hold them accountable". This was very difficult when dealing with Union workers. Paperwork was useless when all they had to do was go to their Union Rep and escape punishment. Most were not even real mechanics and were very stubborn when it came to new processes. All they wanted to do was turn wrenches and not document any maintenance. I imagine they eventually ended up complying, but it was like trying to get blood from a rock most times. It was very frustrating to see them just drop everything right in the middle of a job because it was break time or the end of the shift. There was no dedication displayed at all.
Pros
Salary
Cons
stubborn mechanics, bad management
not a longterm spot
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ft. Rucker, ALMarch 4, 2017
Great money. But I guess they have to give you something. Management doesn't really know much about what really needs to happen. All the decisions are made from the top down. They have a union contract, but in a lot of ways its written to the company's benefit. To a certain extent,I can understand the company's right to make money. But manipulating the people is just plane wrong. I didn't enjoy it.
Pros
money is awesome. Benefits are the best you can get
Cons
Money ain't everything, They have a union and they exploit the rules, They act like they own your life and force you to respect that!
Quick, fast pace workplace.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJanuary 25, 2017
AFS is a high tempo, demanding job. It calls for long hours and lots of patience. The pay is great ,however, management is a sometimes hard to work with. There is a feeling of hostility from upper management. Working here gives managers a crash course on personnel management and how to organize job tasking on a whole other level. Good or Bad, it is definitely an experience that I will take with me for the rest of my life.
Pros
Good hourly employees, good pay, decent benefits
Cons
hostile environment, long hours
Hostile work enviroment good benifites
Field Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALSeptember 19, 2016
Come in at 6 oclock to go over the task for the day IT wise. Worked with aircraft mechanics and office workers to solve IT related issues. Manage IT needs for airfield including equipment and support needs.
I learned how to work with various personalities and new technologies the Army would bring in to be more efficient.
I had some good co-workers and some back. Several would step on others to advance their career and would put you in position to fail so they could look better.
Hardest part of my job was getting clear communication from upper management.
I enjoyed the users I helped and being around aircraft.
Pros
good benifits, enjoyable users to work wth
Cons
Managment was like a boys club, no clear advancement path
My experience
Lead Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALNovember 14, 2016
I am Thankful for the opportunity to work for this organization. I really had a chance to understand military functions and the jobs they created for us. I worked for Good people. They're will always be difference of opinions, but this is how we learn. I encourage many to try and work in this field so they will understand how we contribute to the Military.
Pros
Great benefits, Lots of Overtime
Cons
management, discipline for reduntant employees, better training!
fast pace and very good environment
Aircraft mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALDecember 26, 2016
good company, Great pay, and good benefits, and people are very helpful and willing to go to the next step to complete the job.
No Hope
Will not disclose (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJanuary 28, 2017
Very stressful and unfulfilling envoronment and workplace. A typical day is filled with discrediting and harassment. Please do not place hopes on a career here.
Pros
Dental plan
Cons
Constant harassment and micro-management
Enjoyed working at AFS
Aviation Life Support Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALDecember 14, 2016
This was a great job. I inspected flight equipment, updated records, issued flight equipment to the students and instructor pilots. Enjoyed the interaction with the students and instructors. Enjoyed the co-workers I worked with.
Busy, but demanding
Supply Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALOctober 6, 2016
Union labor force creates an unstable work environment. Management has no control, CBA dictates everything. Seasoned employees have full control.
Good job to have except for the company not making exceptions for people who have to take benzodiazpines.
Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Rucker, AL.January 22, 2014
The company was alright to work for except for when it came to your medications that a doctor prescribes for you. If it is one they say will affect your performance then they will not let u work there. I had to go out on medical disability just because I take Valium. I had taken it years before they changed the drug policy and it never affected me in an adverse way then but then years later they changed their drug policy to say that you can't take it and work there. I had been there for 16 years straight with no problems but had to leave due to that one particular medication that I take.
Pros
Good pay and good benefits
Cons
Bad drug policies
Great company with substandard management/supervision
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft RuckerApril 17, 2014
Aside from the fact that this company WILL HIRE A PLUMBER(with no aviation background) into the position of a supervisor, it is not a bad place to work. The employees are hard working folks and some of the nicest people I've met! They will work you some long hours and 8 days a week at times, but the pay makes it well worth it! This job was by far, one of the better aviation places I've worked at.
Pros
Awesome pay and benefits
Cons
(Micro).....management....
A place to fade into nothing
Service Attendant/Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALAugust 6, 2015
I worked in 2 different sections at 3 different fields. It was a Union job so there was very good pay for the area and great benefits. There was a variety of people to learn from and interact with. The biggest problem was that it was Union so anyone that had a few years there did not have to do anything.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, Some good people
Cons
People with tenure got away with doing nothing.
Treated Poorly!
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALSeptember 14, 2014
Very quick turnover of upper management. Lower and middle management treated poorly. Hourly employees paid and treated better than supervisors who are expected to run the day to day operations.
Pros
Reasonable Salary
Cons
Treated poorly/ extensive hours/Pathetic raises
Military Work Place
Avionics, Armament, Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  For Rucker, AL.July 23, 2015
Repaired and Maintained Military Helicopters. Not a bad place to work, much like being in Military. Most managers where ex-military there for they had a lot similar characteristics.
Pros
Benifits and co-workers.
Cons
Unstable work shifts
Hours per week
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALAugust 22, 2013
This is a job that does not care about how many hours you put in, or how many days you work in a week. Average hours for salary employee is 55 plus a week. This company caters to the union and will move management out when the union rocks the boat.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Job is the only thing that matters
This company is an outstanding government contract company to work at and very professional
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 25, 2012
I have been working with AFS since Fall 2008. This company is owned by a parent company L3 Communications. We are in the business of maintaining US Army Helicopters on Ft.Rucker, Alabama's Army Base in Southeast Alabama.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
ft. rucker, al
Fast pace and challenging workplace
Avionic Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALApril 16, 2012
A typical day at work can be very awarding. Example would be troublesooting an aircraft, finding the cause of the fault, and correcting the fault.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
advancement is limited
ft rucker
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJuly 30, 2015
great job, great benefits. co workers are great to work with hours are good overtime available great place to work overall
Good workplace but lacking job security
Helicopter mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALAugust 5, 2013
Excellent place to work. Good pay and benefits, but no job security once it comes to government cuts
Pros
Insurance A+, Gives experience
Cons
no job security
ALSE Technicnain / Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALMarch 22, 2012
Excellent benifits and great people to work with. The company is easy to get time off for family matters whether serious or mild. They work with employees and find whats best and what changes are needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Army Fleet Support. Our community is ready to answer.

Army Fleet Support Reviews by Location