Army Fleet Support Employee Reviews

generally a productive fun atmosphere, but can be aggressive at moments
Aircraft mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALOctober 21, 2015
. Clock in get supplies.
. how to communicate and complete a task correctly.
. Sometimes not the best decisions are made.
. Generally ok.
. Launch time.
. Clock out.
Pros
sometimes get a really good break
Cons
sometimes dont really get a break
Not a good place to work
Aviation Technical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft Rucker, ALSeptember 28, 2015
There are many issues with this organization. There is a severe lack of ethics and leadership. The management has a severe gross conduct in treatment of their employees.
Good Pay
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALAugust 10, 2015
Good Pay, Senior management poor. Work environment hostile. Union members came before management. HR incompetent. Too much good old boy. One oops voids 100 that a boys.
A place to fade into nothing
Service Attendant/Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALAugust 6, 2015
I worked in 2 different sections at 3 different fields. It was a Union job so there was very good pay for the area and great benefits. There was a variety of people to learn from and interact with. The biggest problem was that it was Union so anyone that had a few years there did not have to do anything.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, Some good people
Cons
People with tenure got away with doing nothing.
ft rucker
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJuly 30, 2015
great job, great benefits. co workers are great to work with hours are good overtime available great place to work overall
Military Work Place
Avionics, Armament, Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  For Rucker, AL.July 23, 2015
Repaired and Maintained Military Helicopters. Not a bad place to work, much like being in Military. Most managers where ex-military there for they had a lot similar characteristics.
Pros
Benifits and co-workers.
Cons
Unstable work shifts
Many long term friendships
CWI Quality Welding (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 20, 2015
worked with total professional aviation workforce on some of the more advanced military hardware and will carry the experience with me wherever I am sent to work.
Pros
plenty of personal time
Cons
not enough vacation time
Mixed emotions
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dothan, Al.February 4, 2015
Loved the work! Very proud of the fact that we helped the soldiers have safe aircraft to train on. I would have really enjoyed it if the majority of fellow employees could appreciated the job we had and how lucky we were.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor attitude among co-workers
very informed place to work
Lead Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALFebruary 2, 2015
On a typical day I done all the paperwork for the uh 60 and bell 406-407, I done scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the helicopters.
Maintenance/Phase Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALDecember 8, 2014
good work place, everyday something new to complete and taskings to get done
good company to work for.
Avionics Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALNovember 17, 2014
Worked with and maintained standard and non-standard test equipment, instruments, meters, and gauges. Performed inspections, functional checks and troubleshooting. Made modifications, repairs,and equipment overhauls.
Pros
had their own tools.
Cons
layoffs
It was a opportunity of a life time.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker ALNovember 3, 2014
I learned a great deal about how to deal with daily stress. There was a lot about the job that was very mundane but at times it would become very chaotic. Learning how to cope and manage that was extremely valuable. It also gave me a opportunity to manage other people for which I am extremely thankful. The people that I had the chance to work for and had work for me where extremely capable. I learned things from each and every one of them. The thing I enjoyed most about my job was being challenged.
Loved my Job
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALSeptember 26, 2014
I loved my job. Over the last 5yrs or so, the management there has just turned out to be the biggest frauds. All they care about is THE $$$. They do not care about the employees or their customers.
Treated Poorly!
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALSeptember 14, 2014
Very quick turnover of upper management. Lower and middle management treated poorly. Hourly employees paid and treated better than supervisors who are expected to run the day to day operations.
Pros
reasonable salary
Cons
treated poorly/ extensive hours/pathetic raises
at will employee
Deputy Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALSeptember 1, 2014
AFS uses the "at will" status, They will terminate you and does not have to explain. If you are attempting to work on Fort Rucker you are better off as a hourly employee versus Management.
Pros
non
Cons
at will status in alabama
Fun,enjoy,good people,learned different systems,special lunches
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 19, 2014
Fun,enjoy,good people,learned different systems,special lunches
Pros
special lunches
Cons
short breaks
Patriotic, rewarding and stimulating career.
Roving Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALApril 28, 2014
My work day includes:
Traveling to different airfields to conduct training of safety procedures and ensuring that all maintenance work is in compliance with the Department of Defense, Department of the Army, NFPA, EPA and OSHA/CFR guidelines. Conduct investigations of accidents pertaining to on-the-job injuries or damage to government and company owned property. Generate reporting for AGAR, AAAR and companies requirements for documentation. Recommend corrective actions and preventive methods as appropriate for each aviation accident incident or injuries .
By managing over 500 employees and 20+ supervisors daily, I have learned the importance of being flexibility and understanding all while balancing the policies and requirements of the company.
Pros
the freedom to enteract with employees, hear their concerns or safety issues and being able to resolve them.
Cons
it is difficult to get benefical traing that pertains to the profession, other than education. we do not have the opportunity to participate in work related conferences, training, interact with other perfessional, experts.
Great company with substandard management/supervision
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft RuckerApril 17, 2014
Aside from the fact that this company WILL HIRE A PLUMBER(with no aviation background) into the position of a supervisor, it is not a bad place to work. The employees are hard working folks and some of the nicest people I've met! They will work you some long hours and 8 days a week at times, but the pay makes it well worth it! This job was by far, one of the better aviation places I've worked at.
Pros
awesome pay and benefits
Cons
(micro).....management....
Educational
Avionics lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALApril 6, 2014
This is a great place to get started in aviation. You have the opportunity to work on array of helicopters at a pace and a level you will not see anywhere else.
Pros
the amount of exprence
Cons
the area
Average Employer
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALApril 2, 2014
Just your average typical employer. I would work there again.