Army Medical Command Employee Reviews

Working for Soldiers is very meaningful.
Yoga Teacher/Yoga Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAAugust 29, 2017
This is a face paced job with high stress. The pay off is treating patients who are making a great contribution every day. I learned a lot working with accomplished military doctors.
Pros
Meaningful work
Cons
Stressful, poor pay
On the verge of healthcare Information Technology
Clinical Systems Trainer (Current Employee) –  JointAugust 21, 2017
Great Place to Work in a diverse environment providing world class health care to our patients! Our commitment is simple, " we are patient centered in everything that we do".
Greatest Experience
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2017
The benefits are worth it. Education benefits are top notch. The Army will teach you things that you wouldn't have ever known you could do. Free travel to countries like Korea, Germany, and even Italy, to name a few.
military is military
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAJune 11, 2017
I enjoyed every single moment while i served my country. I learned alot meant wonderful people along the way, and matured as a person even more. Thankful for my years served.
Nice location to work.
Senior Advisor for Nutrition Care Specialists (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
Nice place to work with tons of personnel who are experts in their field. Training of the personnel at this location is vital and greatly appreciated.
Pros
Tons of experts on numerous subjects can learn a lot from the organization.
Cons
Lots of red tape
Working with students from all over the world
Distributed Learning Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 29, 2017
I have learned to appreciate individuals for who they are and where they come from. Each student represent family and their culture. Always enjoy working and learning from others.
The hardest part of the job is to start a discharge procedures due to academic failures.
Pros
Job is needed
Cons
Too much politics and red tape
High tempo organization, managing change, sifting prorities
Director, Civilian Policy & Programs (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2017
Tremendous job satification serving the nation. Constant changing challenges, funding, priorities; high tempo organization. Great people to work with; devoted for life.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Consumes you totally
Volunteer Recruiting Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SC 29649April 10, 2017
A great place to work with they care about you!! The Management is great there they will take there time to help you out and show you what to do. Everyone get along with each other.
Productive and history rich
First Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2017
The Army is full of great leaders and motivational missions. Employees strive for excellence and continually seek growth within their line of business. Would highly recommend anyone to enlist in the US Army
Pros
self contained foundation
Cons
work hours
Staff Action Officer
Staff Action Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2017
I had the responsibility for reviewing and analyzing data extracts reports, made sound recommendations, and implemented sound proposals. Daily contacts were with DA, MACOM staff and management officials, to include HQ, MEDCOM medical consultants, functional experts and installation level personnel. I am familiar with various MEDCOM financial and logistical systems, as well as Microsoft Office products, Deltek, and I have the ability to navigate in these systems.
Pros
Team effort
Cons
Fast pace environment
Great place
Regional Manager (Company First Srgeant) (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 26, 2016
Great place and undeniable experiences all over the world. Will meet the worst and best of people of all cultures all over the world. Would not trade this experience for any other. Would do it all over again without question.
Benefits
Cons
ok pay
amazing
Sgt. Myers (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 2, 2016
great work place, spent the days working on trucks, changing oil, tires, and other basic car repairs. update the customers on the new merchandise availabel for their car.
Being a soldier
SIGINT Intelligence analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 21, 2016
Pt in the morning with and eight hour duty day then formation again after the duty day and some times extra training. I got along with all of my coworkers and the hardest part of the job was making the right calls as an analyst and being able to brief the information collected.
Keeping are country safe was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
always on call
This job was a great working and learning experenice for me.
Medical Support Assistant (OA) (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 31, 2015
My short time at this job before moving with the Military was exciting and very informational. The co-worker there were like a breath of fresh air and everyone would help each other went need. The management was friendly and very easy to talk to when it can to concerns within the work place, if I didn't have to move, I will still be at this wonderful place.
Pros
great work experience
Productive and Fun work place
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCDecember 17, 2014
Love the people, I learned a lot from this organization. I instructed over 1,000 Soldiers that came through the school on how to be successful Recruiters
Positive experience and training
Supervisory Medical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Schofield, HIJuly 21, 2014
I supervised over 50 clerks in over 10 clinics so my daily duties required a lot of walking. It also included pulling stats and ensuring the employees were providing excellent customer service.

I learned health management skills

Management was always willing to send me to training. Co-workers were wonderful.

The hardest part of my job was when I was not given the "tools" needed to do my job.

Always happy to see the customer happy!
A great place
Psychology Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 10, 2014
The work environment allows you to grow. You're able to use your skills as a technician to faciliate and manage group settings. As a technician you're encouraged to grow in your field and expand your with your experience. The Co-workers are dependable and work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people.
Pros
Good communication, room to grow, great atmosphere
Cons
Challenging, political atmosphere, changing priorities
Director, Task Force (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lewis, WADecember 26, 2013
This was an extremely challenging position at which I believe I succeeded. My last performance rating was exceptional. I was challenged because everything was new. I was responsible for coordinating my employee's talent to create new learning on a day to day basis. The task I was given was to develop a training program and train trainers to give the training. By the time my term position had ended, we had completed approximately 15% within a 12 month period. The training was very well received. An enjoyable part of the job was traveling throughout the world. The hardest part was being on the road 90% of the time and daily changing mission requirements.
Benefits
Cons
TERM position
Very Rewarding
Medic / EMT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2013
Typical day began with early morning workouts followed by a 12 hour day, depending at the task at hand. As medical specialists for an infantry company we were required to maintain medical vehicles, inventory & manage mass amounts of supplies/equipment, screen patients for morning sick call, and keep our certifications current. We were required to keep the non-medical soldiers' skill levels current as well. Be it stateside boredom or overseas combat operations, we were responsible for the well-being of an entire platoon. I personally enjoyed working with the infantry soldiers and teaching them first aid skills. Through teaching, training, and going out on missions with those guys, I gained irreplaceable knowledge, hands-on experience, and personal pride. Those combined made it a very enjoyable, though difficult job.
Excellent command to work with and for, leader in medical care and treatment innovation
Contact Representative/Transfer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2013
Being a part of this command has been an awesome journey. Seeing first hand the exceptional work, compassion and dedication the military and civilian workforce has towards warriors and their families is unmatched. 100% team effort is given from the simplest to the greatest of tasks. Managers are encouraging. They push for self-improvement and development. The most challenging part of my job is seeing wounded service members arrive here at the brink of death and the most rewarding part of my job is seeing some of those same service men and women recover and walk or roll out of the hospital moving on to their next course in life.