Arnold & O'Sheridan is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work out of our Brookfield or Madison office. This person would work under the direction of the Director Mechanical Engineering and provide engineering services for complex healthcare, higher education, commercial and industrial projects and mentor/coach entry level to mid level staff.
A qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related field with at least 10 years experience designing healthcare, higher education, commercial and industrial facilities. Wisconsin PE registration required or eligibility for Wisconsin PE registration. Ability to obtain multi-state PE registration and LEED AP certificate is desired. Familiarity with Department of Commerce Code, International Building Codes, Wisconsin Department of Health Services requirements, and ASHRAE standards a plus. Working knowledge of a variety of computer programs including MS-Excel, MS-Word, Outlook, and AutoCAD required. Working knowledge of Revit, Newforma, Trane, Navisworks a plus. Must demonstrate inquisitive problem solving skills, maintain attention to detail, accuracy, and quality, work independently and as part of a team and always demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
Must be able to:
- Design and layout engineering drawings within Mechanical Specialty for a variety of single or multi- discipline projects with minimal direction
- Organize and manage Mechanical design efforts for significant, multiple, simultaneous projects in either single or multiple disciplinary environments
- Design HVAC systems including steam, hot water, warm air heating, chilled water and DX cooling
- Select, schedule, size and specify HVAC system components to include air terminals, air distribution, air handling, refrigeration, piping, ductwork and accessories, boilers, heat exchangers, pumps, piping and accessories, BAS
- Work closely with and coordinate work with other engineering disciplines
- Coordinate preparation of design, details, plans and drawings with assigned task areas
- Knowledgeable in consulting and construction practices to include plan/specifications, design/build and construction manager roles and responsibilities
- Understand and apply state, local and model codes as related to buildings and HVAC design
- Work to meet design schedules and complete tasks on budget
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
Core Competencies: Accountability, Approachability, Customer Focus, Developing Others, Entrepreneurship, Interpersonal Skills, Partnering/Networking, Problem Solving, Trust & Respect, Work Relationships Analytical Thinking, Collaboration, Technical Skills, Business Knowledge, Coaching & Mentoring, Decision Making Skills, Delegation, Presentation Skills, Results Oriented, Conflict Management, Empowering Others, Strategic Thinking, Facilitation Skills, Giving Feedback, Goal Setting, Negotiating, Planning, Project Management, Team Building, Trusted Advisor
We offer advancement opportunities and an excellent benefit package including 401K, profit sharing, company paid health/dental/life insurance, a generous PTO policy, and opportunity for bonus.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Indeed - 17 months ago