ARNOLD & PORTER Employee Reviews

You
Contract (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2017
Don't seemed to care about you as individual. In the beginning, I was so honored to worked with them however, in the end I was so glad to be out of there. I literally had to pray everyday before I went into work. The management plays favorites.
Cons
Overall I can honestly say that anyone who is lucky enough to work at Arnold & Porter LLP is blessed.
Senior Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2016
I have been a Senior paralegal at Arnold & Porter LLP for 9 years and 4months. The attorneys in my group are great and I have an amazing Paralegal Manager. I would have never left this job but unfortunately my position is being eliminated due to the merger with Kaye Scholer LLP. The environment here is great and the attorneys are great to work for.

A typical day at work for me is usually very busy since I am the only legal assistant in my group. I have many closings and heavy deadlines but a very understanding group and great work-balance. I was able to learn a great deal at my job because I was able to cross train and assist the real estate and litigation departments during my down time.

I have made lifelong friendships here. Arnold & Porter is my home away from home. The hardest part of my job was being overwhelmed at times and at times having too much downtime. The corporate department is very up and down with work depending on what deals are going on.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working a great group of understanding associates, my boss and my friendships that I made here. Let's be honest I spend more time here than at home on some nights.
Pros
Benefits and environments
Cons
Corporate department needs to expand but will now because of the merger with Kaye Scholer LLP.
Excellent Place to Work
Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2015
Very well run, friendly people, professional people, hard working people, great team helping each other, very respectful of all their employees. I couldn't say a negative thing about anything or anyone there.
Relaxed and enjoyable workplace
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was having the autonomy to work through issues involving the organization of large-scale document projects in preparation for litigation. Also, the free pizza provided on the top floor every Friday evening made working there even better.
Extensive tech training provided
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 16, 2013
I worked there as a temp, so didn't experience what benefits may be available. However, people were friendly and they provided tech training for whatever you wanted to know.