ARNOLD PALMER HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Horrible Experience
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2016
You're better off working for a private office. The pay is inadequate compared to other jobs in the same field. Did not enjoy my time here.
Pros
N/A
Cons
a very fun place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2015
the company is excellent, very good benefits, great co-workers and of course a great boss.i love the fact that i knew that i was helping people every single second i was working in fact saving their lives an or preventing something bad happening to them in the first place.
Pros
everythin about the company and the job was awsome
Cons
n/a
Very special place to work
Pharmacy Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlJuly 23, 2015
Working here and with the people, you can tell that it takes a special type of person to work with children and their families in a very difficult time. Staff was friendly and management was very competent at allowing the hospital to run smoothly and successfully.
Cons
Short lunch breaks and difficult to advance within the company
grat company to work for.
Health Information Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  orlando, FloridaMay 28, 2015
I learned a lot from being a birth certifier to lead certifier, I love the people I work with. I also was on the team that did fund raisers for employees.
Fun Relaxing Enviorment
Ancillary SCH/REG/PAT CHRG SCP (Current Employee) –  Orlando,flNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of entering office daily charges and reconcile charges. Answering phones and scheduling appointments. I have learned how to use several computer systems. The management team here is excellent and easy to work with. Co-workers are great we have become like a family and we have learned how to work as a team. I enjoy my job because of the atmosphere, and work with people who's desire is the same as mine patient care.
Good company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2014
Overall, a positive work experience. Great program for children with developmental disabilities.
typical day
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2014
I would come in and get report from the night nurse. I would then get charge report which helped me know about all of the patients on the unit. Next I would see my patients and listen for the pager. If the pager beeped then I needed to place a patient on our unit with one of the nurses. During the day I would give medication, start IV's and draw labs. I would also get new patients started and call for orders when needed.
Pros
variety
Cons
lack of hours
fun, productive,
Critical Care Transport Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 10, 2013
I learned more on the job than any other job heald, the physicians were great teachers and respected the transport nurses, critical care inpediatric patients is a skilled and constant learning and we were given the opportunity to achieve that learning thru hands on and classroom tools.
Rewarding
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2013
• Timely and accurate process of payroll for all facilities
• Prepare and provide reports for payroll, Worker's Compensation, 401(k), IRS and other various audits
• Ensure compliance with state and legal reporting requirements
• Provide data and assist in the preparation of training and headcount reports
• Provide statistical compensation and benefits and employee census data
• Prepare salary and benefit reports as required
Children's Hospital
Advanced Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2013
-12 hr shifts
-Children's Emergency Room and Level 1 Trauma Center
-Management helps support staff
-Wonderful Co-workers
-Dealing with stressful situations that involve children and their parents can sometimes be the hardest part of the job.
-Best part of the job is the ability to help children and Families during times of stress and illness. Seeing the direct impact that we as staff have in helping children recover from illness.
it's a time and place for every thing/ when you at work work/don't play
clinical tech. /nurses aid (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 2, 2013
arnold palmer is an excellent place to work i,m just trying to not stay on my feet so much my day is good all but on mt feet a lot.
Pros
we have two 15 minutes brakes and a 30 minute lunch brake
Cons
i'm not sure about the com. it's a good place to work
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2013
As a volunteer I was able to assist many of the therapist with daily tasks in the office and in actual therapy sessions with patients. I gained of a lot of experience in what it takes to become an Occupational Therapist. I also learned how rewarding the career is and how much Arnold Palmer Hospital cares about their patients. There were many enjoyable parts of the job, but the most was seeing how much help and positive feedback was given after a patient accomplished a goal.
I enjoy my work at Arnold Palmer hospital
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2012
APH is a good company to work for. I have been working for the corporation for 10 years and counting. Will reccomend.
Certified Surgical Tech
Certified Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2012
A typical day at Arnold Palmer Hospital is: check the board from assignments. Gather adequate supplies and instruments for the surgical procedures. Set up operating room, set up sterile field, assists surgical tech prior, during and after the procedures. Follow protocol in breaking down the sterile field. Terminal cleaning of the operating room. Teach new employees and students. Give punch breaks. Call required. Specializes in Neurology, General, Ortho, Eyes, Ent, Urology and Microfacial procedures.
Pros
schedule- 12 hours shifts and varies of surgical procedures . truama
Cons
not enought staff to accommodate everyone.
Stressful Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2012
Compensation is ok but when it comes to management and stability it goes down from there
Productive,enjoyable place to work.
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando Florida,32801March 13, 2012
I worked for this company for 13 years,if their was a job i would
recommend, this company would be it.
Pros
free meals, great healthcare benefits, and personal benefits
Cons
short on hiring new staff, when needed.