ARNOLD TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

Dedicated Routes Were Stable
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2016
I Ran A Dedicated route For Green Bay Packaging Great Atmosphere.Awesome Fleet of trucks. always busy Running Loads In My region. never A Dull moment With Cardboard
nice place to work
cdl driver (Former Employee) –  texasAugust 19, 2016
worked had no problems there with other employees or equipment or work or anything clean streets and blue skys green grass and soft pillows
Not Female Friendly
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 13, 2016
It's a Good Old Boy's club, No Female Directors or VPs ever. Management is bad. No future there. long hours low pay and never a raise for the people doing the work.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
It's a Good Old Boy's club, No Female Directors or VPs ever.
not bad but would not return
Company Driver Over the Road (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2016
I wouldn't go back to them, but it was a good place to start and get some experience. Also teach you to stand up for your self when dealing with driver management.
Pros
good place to start
Cons
not a place to stay and grow with
Management crew was wonderful
Fuel Manager/Ast Road Breakdown Mgr (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 14, 2016
Learned a lot of the financial/business side from the VP and the President. Executive group was great on communication
Sit more than run, poor paychecks
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2016
MY DRIVER MANAGER WAS AWESOME, HOWEVER, the average pay ran 300 to 500 pr week, is an ok start up first driving job, would not look at career level here though.
satifactory
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 24, 2015
daily duties of spotting trailers, making local and regional deliveries. enjoyed the hours and the people i worked with, the hardest part of the job was being in the elements.
Pros
home daily
Cons
poor equipment
Steady work
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 18, 2015
Work was steady. I was a dedicated route driver so I didn't always have management help when I needed it because she was the only manager over the account.
Pros
Steady work
Basic Operation
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2015
Typical Day W/Management Could not work at this Company No Mi Cound not Make any Money working for this co. was not for Me so I Am moving On W/My life
Pros
na
Cons
na
mon threw friday awsome
Guide technician (Former Employee) –  weir msOctober 13, 2015
Cant fou7nd a bad flaw about this place boss was awsome if you need a teacher n a job than this is the place to take off in what u love to due i advise you to apply if theirs a open
Company has shut down oilfield division.
Oilfield Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXMarch 20, 2015
I'm thankful for the skills and experience I learned working for Arnold. I love and enjoy working in the oilfield.The pay was great!
Would not recommend to other drivers
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 11, 2015
They give you a truck that has high miles and expect you not to break down which they do not offer break down pay. They advertise 80% drop and hook but the entire time i was there I always had to wait for their customers to live load which usually took hours.
Productive & equipment and the staff
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 31, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I worked with and for. It was no consequence of my own that I had to leave but I had to take care of my loved one! Also liked the equipment1
Pros
lots of work provided
Cons
my family member was in a accident and had to stop working for a period of time
penny pincher
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2015
things started out ok. Turned sour fast. Forced dispatch in NE area. Hometime not respected or honored. will not get consistent miles. Night dispatch will keep you on hold for over an hour will they lollygag, smoke, and do whatever instead of helping the driver. Favortistic company, forces you to run what their favorites do not want you to have. Forces you to come over 100 mi into a hub to run a load less that 50 mi that local drivers that get paid by the hour don't want to run. They allowed US Xpress drivers to come and take Arnold logoed trailers leaving no trailer availability for the Arnold driver and/or having you to run up to 200 mi to locate a trailer to pull your load. Safety also takes the word of anybody willing to LIE on you with NO proof (these days it is VERY easy to obtain proof on drivers with cameras on your cell phone) They hire companies like ismydrivingsafe.com to unlawfully SPY on you while driving whom also lies on you. They say they have video surveillance of your driving that was reported but when you tell them to present the evidence they say they don't want to invest money in buying the videos although they have a contract with the company and the video(s) are only $40. Dispatchers for the most part also have an issue with race
Pros
you will have shelter if you are homeless
Cons
poor treatment, low morale, no respect for the driver, careless operations staff, no consistancy in miles
lack of communcation between mangement
Retention (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 24, 2014
most of the co-works were great to work with, there is a strong lack of communication between management there for alot of confustion within the company. Top manangent personal are resigning positions.
I loved talking to and helping new employees address any and all questions and concerns that they might have
Pros
n/a
Cons
health insurance is not that great, and they want to micro manage
its not a good company to work for
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 15, 2014
I loved working for them at first but things went sour a few months in so I held on hoping things would get better they never did just got worse
Balanced Life
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2014
There is alot of great people working for the company and work hard to help their driver in their fleet. Yet the weekend dispatch was awful do to college kids that could care less. The only problem I had was getting in a good truck, with weekend dispatch from Jacksonville terminal. The pay was not good either. Especially if you got benefits threw the company then you really minus well be working minimum wage at home.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
no bueno
recruiter (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 20, 2014
will lie to you to get you hired as well as make false deals involving raises/commission/ salary etc.
Pros
none.
Cons
they have no idea what they are doing or how to run a succesful business.
Driver
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2014
The job was great loved to travel. The time away from home took a toll on me after awhile. Overall the company is good.
Pros
traveling
Cons
pay
Good Work Environment
Fuel Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 21, 2014
Analyze MPG data all day to better the fleet fuel costs vs savings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARNOLD TRANSPORTATION. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9