Arnold Worldwide Employee Reviews

Exciting career in advertising
Assistant Media Buyer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 12, 2017
I loved working for Arnold Worldwide. I was sad that we lost the client that subsequently led to the loss of my and many others positions. I would love to work there again in the future
Pros
amazing firm to work for
Cons
Advertising is not for the faint of heart, but...
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2017
Arnold surpasses the typical long hours and demanding nature of the field. Management, from many of the Account Service leads to the CCO, lack positive motivational skills, leadership ability, and basic human empathy. It's proven in the manner in which overtime hours are requested, creative is pressured with demands rather than inspiration, and work is approached with Awards, not clients, in mind - - and the expectation is you'll meet both.

Within the operations team, there is some dysfunction that warrants a closer review by Human Resources, but has been ignored despite many requests for investigation.

Training is non-existent. It's a make it or break it atmosphere and many break, or move on.

If you're junior, creative, and need experience, Arnold is still a reputable and recognizable agency in Boston and beyond and it certainly will boost your resume. The atmosphere is contemporary and has the bells and whistles of free snacks, beer, and coffee.

It's hardly enough, though, for the personal sacrifices you'll need to make to maintain longevity. For the thick skinned, that's for sure.
Great place with a great creative atmosphere
Production Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
Working at Arnold Worldwide has provided me with a wealth of knowledge within advertising and production. Everyone is extremely approachable and willing to help you with whatever concerns you may have.
Overall fun place to work
Director Network Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 4, 2015
Arnold is a great place to work. They try hard to make it entertaining and to have bonding experiences with employees. There are two bars, they provide breakfast and snacks. Great coffee machines.
Company on the upswing
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 18, 2015
Arnold had a difficult 2013-2014, but has rebounded incredibly well. A new batch of hires has injected life into the company, as has the move to a new space.

Can be long hours and some difficult with inter-office politics, but overall it's a really good place to work with some really nice people.
Pros
free snacks, kegs on thursdays, great people
Cons
Poor benefits packages, raises/promotions dependent on overall company success
Run by the numbers now
SVP, Group Account Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Once upon a time culture mattered a lot more at Arnold, now it's run more like a bank - profit deliverables reign supreme. The people remain some of the best in the industry, but management struggles to make it seem as though they care.
Great Place to work
Digital Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 19, 2013
I loved my time working at Arnold and if my family and I had not moved I would like to think i would have still been working there.
This was more fun and more personally, financially and emotionally rewarding
Senior Vice President, Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2013
than anything I had ever experienced. When the agency was sold to a British company the pace and expectations and stress increased dramatically. When my largest account (Stanley) moved to another agency I was laid off (not uncommon in advertising).
Pros
fast, fun, rewarding, highly creative, allowed to lead teams
Cons
70-80 hours a week of fast paced, "what have you done today" kind of stress can get old
One of the best Advertising Agencies in the county
Marketing Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 13, 2013
Arnold Worldwide made me who I am today. No day was ever the same. Working on several integrated clients I learned to be proactive, calm, assertive, hard working, realistic and honest. You can never take anything personally.
The culture is what makes Arnold who it is. Though it has changed over the past few years, people stay at Arnold as long as they do because of the people.
Hardest part of job was getting people to do their jobs and follow schedules.
Pros
The People
Am
Marketing Producer, Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2013
As long as you have a mentor and your department is doing well, the agency is fine. Long hours with very smart people.
Pros
creative work environment, in the city of boston
Cons
minimal salary increases, no mentor in your department
Lost Its Mojo
Account Management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 18, 2013
Great leadership but couldn't execute in account management.
Creatively buttoned up and world class.
Fun when you start but burns you out quickly.
Project Manager/Digital Producer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 29, 2011
I really do enjoy Arnold Worldwide. It is one of the best agencies in Boston and it does a lot for it's employees. I mean, it has a beer vending machine. The long hours just seem to take their tolls on it's employees and everyone seems to be quite bitter. It isn't the kind of agency with a ping pong table and a "We're a team" mentality. The battle between Creative and Account Service rages in full force at this agency and anyone in the middle can find it to become increasingly frustrating to deal with it on a daily basis. It's a great place to get some experience and learn the industry, but not for those who want to find a place to hang their hats.
Pros
great location, laid-back atmosphere after 5pm, good place to get your bearings
Cons
no camraderie, pre-madonnas, draining atmosphere until 5pm