Arnot Health

Arnot Health Employer Reviews

PCT (Current Employee), Elmira, NYOctober 20, 2013
Pros: helping patients, great co workers
Cons: being called off because of a low census, having to move to another unit due to closing of a unit.
Going to work every day was never the same as the day before. Each day was different, sometimes we have a lot of patients sometimes we dont. Working here I learned how to perform ekgs, draw blood, and take vitals. I really enjoyed helping the nurses and being along side to learn new things. The best part of this job is being able to help people. The worst part was losing a patient.
Very biased work environment with little care for employees' wellbeing.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Dialyisis UnitOctober 3, 2013
My department cared about dollars & cents more than about employees' wellbeing. Most members on staff worked overtime continuously & when staff left replacements were not hired. Too much work for one person, especially clinical staff, can cause big mistakes to happen. Clerical staff is treated well if they are liked, but if not...out the door they go. The hospital is dirty and very disorganized due to mismanagement. Equipment all over the hallways (not safe) & even saw blood all the way down one hall dried on & nobody cared.
The climate of the practice of medicine has changed radically in the last 10 years to a point where patient focused care has been replaced.
Medical Director Respiratory Therapy (Current Employee), Elmira, NYMarch 2, 2013
Pros: ability to manage critically ill patients in a medical center setting
Cons: inability to actively mannage the outpatient environment to best treat your patients.
I work 36 hours on call every 3 days and 48 hours on call on weekends on call, as a pulmonary/critical care MD.I take care of the sickest patients in 2 hospitals in the community and have to respond immediately to any and all emergencies. I have been doing this for over 20 years.My partners are well trained and responsible, which makes my job that much easier.We sold our practice to Arnot Health 3 years ago and they replaced our office staff with people who have lower standards than those we worked with in independent practice. We continue to do the best we can with what we have to work with. Our patients in the community appreciate our efforts but this is not reflected in support at the administrative level of the Medical Center.
Laundry Worker (Former Employee), Elmira, NYJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not understanding
Arnot is a great place to work but they are not understanding when it comes to family needs of a single mother.
Excellent work environment
Intravenous Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Elmira, NYJanuary 18, 2013
Great place to work. Family type environment. Management is very involved with employees.