Arnot Health Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place work
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 5, 2016
In the hospital setting morning vital signs are obtained and logged into the patients electronic medical chart abnormal vitals are reported immediately to the nurse caring for the patient that day. Patient call lights are answered promptly. Assist patients with their ADL's. I learned how to manage my time by knowing the patients who needed more help with their daily care. We all worked together as a team helping each other get our morning duties done. I think the hardest part was seeing a patient struggle with health issues. The most enjoyable was when a patient was well enough to go home.
I had a great experience here
Child Life Intern (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYMarch 22, 2016
I learned a lot through working under the directors of the community health department. Everyone I worked with was welcoming and knowledgeable. This was a great internship and I truly value the time I spent there.
No weekends or holidays
Office Nurse, LPN (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 1, 2016
Hours depend on patient load for the day (ex. Mon - 8-5:00, Tues - 8-6:00, Wed - 7:30 - 5:45). You don't leave until all patients have been seen and work is completed in chart
change in place
Clinical Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYFebruary 22, 2016
Many new changes and faces, improvements are being made. In the future the change environement will improve inter work relationships.
Poorly Managed
Medical Residency (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYFebruary 24, 2016
Many of the supervisors at Arnot are not qualified to supervise employees, many were given their roles due to friendships.
Lost
food service (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYNovember 13, 2015
nursing staff has always been good here. Vice Presidents are lost, they hired a consultant to find out what was wrong. V.P's have there head buried in the sand. Lost touch of hourly staff and middle management.
Pros
Nursing
Cons
vice presidents
typical nursing home work
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  new yorkJuly 31, 2015
I enjoyed working here as I got to know my co-workers and residents. I started my day doing rounds to make sure all the residents were ok.
Pros
getting to know the residents
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Job
Collector (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYJune 30, 2015
I like my job, just looking to go bigger. Nice manager and higher ups who genuinely care about their employees.. I have been there for almost 2 years and I am very happy with what I do..

My co workers don't always agree but we have definitely done well as a team.
great work environment, many job opportunities to accomodate family needs and for advancement
Registered Professional Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYMarch 10, 2015
I have enjoyed my experience at Arnot Health for the past 31 years. I have been able to work alongside quality healthcare providers and coworkers to provide quality care to our community. At present, I prepare patients for surgery and care for them in the postoperative period. I enjoy caring for and helping patients through their hospital experience, it brings me great satisfaction. The medical profession is ever changing, bringing with it many frustrations as to how to work with the changes and provide optimum care for the patient. This would be my greatest frustration and challenge. I have achieved great feelings of accomplishment and satisfaction with my nursing career at Arnot Health. The experiences and opportunities I've had enable me to bring a wealth of expertise and knowledge to my future job place.
PCT (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYOctober 20, 2013
Going to work every day was never the same as the day before. Each day was different, sometimes we have a lot of patients sometimes we dont. Working here I learned how to perform ekgs, draw blood, and take vitals. I really enjoyed helping the nurses and being along side to learn new things. The best part of this job is being able to help people. The worst part was losing a patient.
Pros
helping patients, great co workers
Cons
being called off because of a low census, having to move to another unit due to closing of a unit.
Very biased work environment with little care for employees' wellbeing.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dialyisis UnitOctober 3, 2013
My department cared about dollars & cents more than about employees' wellbeing. Most members on staff worked overtime continuously & when staff left replacements were not hired. Too much work for one person, especially clinical staff, can cause big mistakes to happen. Clerical staff is treated well if they are liked, but if not...out the door they go. The hospital is dirty and very disorganized due to mismanagement. Equipment all over the hallways (not safe) & even saw blood all the way down one hall dried on & nobody cared.
Hospital
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYDecember 23, 2014
This was an absolutely amazing place to work for. I loved every second of it. I felt part of the family every day even though i was only there for a month or two. Highly recommend. Please apply here if you ever want a great place to work for.
The climate of the practice of medicine has changed radically in the last 10 years to a point where patient focused care has been replaced.
Medical Director Respiratory Therapy (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYMarch 2, 2013
I work 36 hours on call every 3 days and 48 hours on call on weekends on call, as a pulmonary/critical care MD.I take care of the sickest patients in 2 hospitals in the community and have to respond immediately to any and all emergencies. I have been doing this for over 20 years.My partners are well trained and responsible, which makes my job that much easier.We sold our practice to Arnot Health 3 years ago and they replaced our office staff with people who have lower standards than those we worked with in independent practice. We continue to do the best we can with what we have to work with. Our patients in the community appreciate our efforts but this is not reflected in support at the administrative level of the Medical Center.
Pros
ability to manage critically ill patients in a medical center setting
Cons
inability to actively mannage the outpatient environment to best treat your patients.
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYJanuary 20, 2013
Arnot is a great place to work but they are not understanding when it comes to family needs of a single mother.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not understanding
Excellent work environment
Intravenous Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYJanuary 18, 2013
Great place to work. Family type environment. Management is very involved with employees.

2.8