Arnot Health Employee Reviews

Job
Collector (Current Employee), Elmira, NYJune 30, 2015
I like my job, just looking to go bigger. Nice manager and higher ups who genuinely care about their employees.. I have been there for almost 2 years and I am very happy with what I do..

My co workers don't always agree but we have definitely done well as a team.
great work environment, many job opportunities to accomodate family needs and for advancement
Registered Professional Nurse (Current Employee), Elmira, NYMarch 10, 2015
I have enjoyed my experience at Arnot Health for the past 31 years. I have been able to work alongside quality healthcare providers and coworkers to provide quality care to our community. At present, I prepare patients for surgery and care for them in the postoperative period. I enjoy caring for and helping patients through their hospital experience, it brings me great satisfaction. The medical profession is ever changing, bringing with it many frustrations as to how to work with the changes and provide optimum care for the patient. This would be my greatest frustration and challenge. I have achieved great feelings of accomplishment and satisfaction with my nursing career at Arnot Health. The experiences and opportunities I've had enable me to bring a wealth of expertise and knowledge to my future job place.
Hospital
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Elmira, NYDecember 23, 2014
This was an absolutely amazing place to work for. I loved every second of it. I felt part of the family every day even though i was only there for a month or two. Highly recommend. Please apply here if you ever want a great place to work for.
PCT (Current Employee), Elmira, NYOctober 20, 2013
Pros: helping patients, great co workers
Cons: being called off because of a low census, having to move to another unit due to closing of a unit.
Going to work every day was never the same as the day before. Each day was different, sometimes we have a lot of patients sometimes we dont. Working here I learned how to perform ekgs, draw blood, and take vitals. I really enjoyed helping the nurses and being along side to learn new things. The best part of this job is being able to help people. The worst part was losing a patient.
Very biased work environment with little care for employees' wellbeing.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Dialyisis UnitOctober 3, 2013
My department cared about dollars & cents more than about employees' wellbeing. Most members on staff worked overtime continuously & when staff left replacements were not hired. Too much work for one person, especially clinical staff, can cause big mistakes to happen. Clerical staff is treated well if they are liked, but if not...out the door they go. The hospital is dirty and very disorganized due to mismanagement. Equipment all over the hallways (not safe) & even saw blood all the way down one hall dried on & nobody cared.
The climate of the practice of medicine has changed radically in the last 10 years to a point where patient focused care has been replaced.
Medical Director Respiratory Therapy (Current Employee), Elmira, NYMarch 2, 2013
Pros: ability to manage critically ill patients in a medical center setting
Cons: inability to actively mannage the outpatient environment to best treat your patients.
I work 36 hours on call every 3 days and 48 hours on call on weekends on call, as a pulmonary/critical care MD.I take care of the sickest patients in 2 hospitals in the community and have to respond immediately to any and all emergencies. I have been doing this for over 20 years.My partners are well trained and responsible, which makes my job that much easier.We sold our practice to Arnot Health 3 years ago and they replaced our office staff with people who have lower standards than those we worked with in independent practice. We continue to do the best we can with what we have to work with. Our patients in the community appreciate our efforts but this is not reflected in support at the administrative level of the Medical Center.
Laundry Worker (Former Employee), Elmira, NYJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not understanding
Arnot is a great place to work but they are not understanding when it comes to family needs of a single mother.
Excellent work environment
Intravenous Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Elmira, NYJanuary 18, 2013
Great place to work. Family type environment. Management is very involved with employees.