Arnot Ogden Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NY 14905May 24, 2017
Being able to work with flexiable hours. Being able to keep up with directions from several leaders. Helping patients and nurses on different floors. No pay, just volunteer work.
Very productive medical office setting
LPN (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYApril 3, 2017
I have enjoyed my years of working for Arnot. I have a great team of nurses and providers I work with. We have a great practice of patients we care for on a daily basis.
Pros
Very effective in all medical care
Cons
we tend to be on the computers more then i would like
very busy have learned alot about management
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYJanuary 26, 2017
round on the units get a feel for staffing needs thru out the day.
Find out critical needs of each unit and what assistance you can give. Very important to build a good working enviorment with staff and management. Enjoy getting to know the staff is one of the enjoyable features of the job. The hardest part of job is not being able to fulfill the needs of the units as one would like to.
Pros
work with competent people very helpful
Cons
staffing needs are an issue
Healthcare a tough business
Director of Facility Engineering (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Hard demanding but rewarding job!
Very hardworking employees who are dedicated and compassionate.
Management was fragmented and not on same goal all the time. New process was implemented to change the culture and was hopeful.
Pay was low for position responsibilities.
Enjoyed helping people.
Long demanding hours to accomplish multiple assignments.
Pros
Great dedicated employees!
Cons
At times disfunctional management whose goals did not match.
The job is rewarding
Nursing Instructor and Per Diem Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Small school to train future registered nurses. The most enjoyable part is seeing students grow into becoming nurses.
always stayed busy
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2016
check in patients to the emergency room, obtain legal documentation regarding treatment, verified insurances for each patient, and collected copays
VERY Unprofessional
Building Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work included signing in, gathering our necessary materials for the day, and then scurrying to finish the locations we were assigned for the day (usually 2-3 WHOLE areas). Although I did not learn much from this job, I did learn my way around and throughout the hospital. Management was very unprofessional. They would pile excessive amounts of work on us and expect us to finish it all in 7 hours (8 hour shift with a 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks that we didn't even take because of the amount of work piled on us), and if we couldn't finish it all, we were scolded and treated like toddlers. They would hold staff meetings with little to no notice when we were supposed to have a day's notice. A union rep. was supposed to be present during these meetings, but since management gave no notice, a union rep was never there. My coworkers were excellent. They were friendly, genuine, and all around helpful. The hardest part of my job was struggling to complete all of the tasks assigned to us that day. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting help from my coworkers on the rare occasion that they had time to help.
Pros
Multiple health benefits, good hours, good pay.
Cons
No communication between staff and management.
Quiet work place with polite and easy going co-workers
Medical Records Processor (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Everyday was a great day that always went by quickly. I worked the evening shift so I seen management on a need to see basis. Things always ran smoothly.
not to bad.
Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Elmira nyJuly 26, 2015
when i worked there most of the people in the department would like to stab you in the back. the management was a joke and had no clue what they were doing. some how or another the supervisor of the department is a convicted criminal. the only way he got the position is because he got the old supervisor fired. other then the department being a joke, the hospital was a great place to work with wonderful people there.
awesome place to work.
Clinical Assistant/ Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 11, 2015
taking care of critical patients, drawing blood, doing ekg's. going to blood bank. working in different departments. helping with bed bathes, feeding , doing computer work.

management was not real good.

got along fairly, well with co-workers. did not get along with my supervisor.

loosing patients.

helping people.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the hours, depending on the day.
Good
Anatomic Pathologic supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYApril 3, 2015
Good place to work, Workforce reassessment canceled my department. I worked with 1 cytotechnologist, 3 cytoprep techs, and pathology assistant, 3 pathologist, 2 secretaries. It was a hard day managing this group of people. Hardest part of the job was finding time to fit everything in. Best part of the day was seeing smiles on peoples faces.
Not the best management
Employee (Former Employee) –  ElmiraFebruary 26, 2015
management is not effective.. it seems they don't care for their employees and all the hard work and dedication the employees give is never recognized. they are quick to judge and make decisions that don't work and causes more stress for the employees.. Happy employees Happy business!
Arnot Ogden Medical Center review in my words
Billing Clerk for blue Cross Claims (Former Employee) –  Billing claerkFebruary 15, 2015
Stressful place to work, did credit and collections at first where we work high dollar accounts and call patients to see if they would set a up a payment plan. Then moved into billing Blue Cross claims for the facility.
It took some good team work to get through a typical day
Computer Operator/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYFebruary 1, 2015
All team members had to have exceptional workflow management skills.
It takes a fast learner and skilled multi-tasker to work in such a fast paced environment.
Every team member needs to be proficient at telephone etiquette while gathering critical information that may include patient confidentiality.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits and personal time off hours
Cons
Some days were extremely busy
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYJanuary 16, 2015
I liked going to work everyday knowing that I was working in a wonderful, nice, pleasant environment. I loved the patients and the coworkers. Benefits were good, and there was opportunity to work into a higher position.
Pros
Clean enviornment, friendly people, great benefits.
Cons
Manditory to work longer than your shift.
Excellent Care
Medical- Surgical Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYOctober 28, 2014
Excellent Care provided, management works well together and for the staff
Diverse workplace that promotes employee wellness
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYAugust 8, 2014
Workdays are busy and interactive with many different discipline teams. Co-workers are team players, skilled and supportive of patients, families and peers. The hardest part of the job is grieving with famlies and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing progress, achievement of goals and knowing that the care and interventions you provided as part of a team are a part of that success
Pros
On sight gym, Atrium
Cons
Short staffing
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYAugust 4, 2014
good place to work easy to get time off and easy to have an outside life with your job. very family friendly place.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not alot of money
Internship Opportunity
Internship (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 27, 2014
AOMC was generous enough to approve an internship for my educational requirement for Mansfield University. Everyone was very helpful and I learned a lot about Human Resource operations
Lifelong Experience
Level One Trauma Technician, Sterile Processing (Former Employee) –  Elmira,NYJanuary 8, 2014
Prepares for operations of all specialists for neonate, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients, and arranges sterile set-up of instrument table, assists surgeons by passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors and anticipating surgeons needs during course of surgery. Assists in cleaning and stocking the operating room and storing equipment and supplies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arnot Ogden Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Arnot Ogden Medical Center Reviews by Location