Arnot Ogden Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

always stayed busy
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2016
check in patients to the emergency room, obtain legal documentation regarding treatment, verified insurances for each patient, and collected copays
VERY Unprofessional
Building Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work included signing in, gathering our necessary materials for the day, and then scurrying to finish the locations we were assigned for the day (usually 2-3 WHOLE areas). Although I did not learn much from this job, I did learn my way around and throughout the hospital. Management was very unprofessional. They would pile excessive amounts of work on us and expect us to finish it all in 7 hours (8 hour shift with a 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks that we didn't even take because of the amount of work piled on us), and if we couldn't finish it all, we were scolded and treated like toddlers. They would hold staff meetings with little to no notice when we were supposed to have a day's notice. A union rep. was supposed to be present during these meetings, but since management gave no notice, a union rep was never there. My coworkers were excellent. They were friendly, genuine, and all around helpful. The hardest part of my job was struggling to complete all of the tasks assigned to us that day. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting help from my coworkers on the rare occasion that they had time to help.
Pros
Multiple health benefits, good hours, good pay.
Cons
No communication between staff and management.
Quiet work place with polite and easy going co-workers
Medical Records Processor (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Everyday was a great day that always went by quickly. I worked the evening shift so I seen management on a need to see basis. Things always ran smoothly.
not to bad.
Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Elmira nyJuly 26, 2015
when i worked there most of the people in the department would like to stab you in the back. the management was a joke and had no clue what they were doing. some how or another the supervisor of the department is a convicted criminal. the only way he got the position is because he got the old supervisor fired. other then the department being a joke, the hospital was a great place to work with wonderful people there.
awesome place to work.
Clinical Assistant/ Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 11, 2015
taking care of critical patients, drawing blood, doing ekg's. going to blood bank. working in different departments. helping with bed bathes, feeding , doing computer work.

management was not real good.

got along fairly, well with co-workers. did not get along with my supervisor.

loosing patients.

helping people.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the hours, depending on the day.
Not the best management
Employee (Former Employee) –  ElmiraFebruary 26, 2015
management is not effective.. it seems they don't care for their employees and all the hard work and dedication the employees give is never recognized. they are quick to judge and make decisions that don't work and causes more stress for the employees.. Happy employees Happy business!
Arnot Ogden Medical Center review in my words
Billing Clerk for blue Cross Claims (Former Employee) –  Billing claerkFebruary 15, 2015
Stressful place to work, did credit and collections at first where we work high dollar accounts and call patients to see if they would set a up a payment plan. Then moved into billing Blue Cross claims for the facility.
It took some good team work to get through a typical day
Computer Operator/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYFebruary 1, 2015
All team members had to have exceptional workflow management skills.
It takes a fast learner and skilled multi-tasker to work in such a fast paced environment.
Every team member needs to be proficient at telephone etiquette while gathering critical information that may include patient confidentiality.
Pros
great healthcare benefits and personal time off hours
Cons
some days were extremely busy
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYJanuary 16, 2015
I liked going to work everyday knowing that I was working in a wonderful, nice, pleasant environment. I loved the patients and the coworkers. Benefits were good, and there was opportunity to work into a higher position.
Pros
clean enviornment, friendly people, great benefits.
Cons
manditory to work longer than your shift.
Excellent Care
Medical- Surgical Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYOctober 28, 2014
Excellent Care provided, management works well together and for the staff
Diverse workplace that promotes employee wellness
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYAugust 8, 2014
Workdays are busy and interactive with many different discipline teams. Co-workers are team players, skilled and supportive of patients, families and peers. The hardest part of the job is grieving with famlies and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing progress, achievement of goals and knowing that the care and interventions you provided as part of a team are a part of that success
Pros
on sight gym, atrium
Cons
short staffing
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYAugust 4, 2014
good place to work easy to get time off and easy to have an outside life with your job. very family friendly place.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not alot of money
Internship Opportunity
Internship (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 27, 2014
AOMC was generous enough to approve an internship for my educational requirement for Mansfield University. Everyone was very helpful and I learned a lot about Human Resource operations
Lifelong Experience
Level One Trauma Technician, Sterile Processing (Former Employee) –  Elmira,NYJanuary 8, 2014
Prepares for operations of all specialists for neonate, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients, and arranges sterile set-up of instrument table, assists surgeons by passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors and anticipating surgeons needs during course of surgery. Assists in cleaning and stocking the operating room and storing equipment and supplies
Productive place to work in
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYDecember 9, 2013
Collected all types of specimen through venipuncture and capillary. Register patients and their blood work also other facilities as well (Nursing homes ,etc.

Learned to do Alcohol and Drug testing through saliva, urine and hair follicle.

Management worked together with us. They worked with you as part of the team even if their title was different.
We worked together and helped each other to complete our task, always a team effort.

I find it enjoyable place to work at. We all worked together that's why to me there was not a hard part of the job.
This Company is spreading themselves to thin
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYNovember 3, 2013
Currently The Arnot Ogden has management that should have stepped down to medical reasons. They fail to stand up for their employees or address any of the concerns of their employees. Instead they are making cut backs so deep that we are all on a skeleton crew and expected to maintain the same customer service as if fully staffed.
Most days we do not get a lunch break and rarely leave on time.
Cons
the pay, the hours, the tention is the enviroment
Great Place to work
Computer Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYNovember 2, 2013
Arnot Ogden is a young institution that is offering great services for area residents.
Fast paced and exciting
Emergency Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYJuly 9, 2013
At arnot you never no what to expect. Most days were the hardest and most stressful. But, when a patient or family would tell you how well you took care of them. You have a terrific sense of fullfillment.
Too much drama within employees
Building Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYJanuary 12, 2013
Excellent future within the hospital. Drama within employees is a major drawback.
Great place to learn!
BSW Internship (Former Employee) –  Elmira NYJanuary 5, 2013
I conducted my internship in the Continuum of Care department in Social Work. I was given a very good learning experience!
Pros
cafeteria on site

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arnot Ogden Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9