Array Information Technology Employee Reviews

Lack of guidance from company
Task Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 6, 2016
No standard practices of doing development
To many mangers without IT knowledge
Had good company match on 401k and worked with you on leave time.
Great work enviorment
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 2, 2016
My boss assigned me a task and I completed in on time and under budget with out my boss asking for an update. Great people for work with. They try hard to recognize good people and the awesome job that they do.
Pros
Awesome people to work with.
Cons
Need more get togethers.
Dull and Outdated
Technology (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 21, 2013
You work in a cube, you are micro managed, there is little to no team work as there is zero team or actually positive culture at Array. The "leadership," seem like a boys club and play the DC contractor position trying to partner with any and everyone as often as they can. It's an incredibly boring job, managers don't care about you, no one seems happy and although they are moving into new practice areas it all boils down to partners. The proposals are dull and I dread the office. The politics are off the charts. I repeat, the politics are off the charts. Good luck if a manager even looks you in the eye. There is a very strong vibe of employees owing the company, very little towards the employees. The pay is low, the hours are long, the office is dull and boring and the politics just drain the life out of you. Hardest part of my job is having respect for managers. They just need to stay in the contracting field and not try to get creative with the organization. Everything is about the "board," and the board lets you know that. Not a place for out of the box, innovative thinkers who enjoy contributing to their workforce and team work.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
poor healthcare, boring office, no team work, boring outdated staff, work in cubes, micromanaged, dull, benefits are slim to none
Great Company to work for
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 12, 2014
Array is with out a doubt a company looking out for their employees as well as their bottom line. In the four years I have work for them, there has been numerous "little" thing beyond the "big" items that demonstrate their commitment to the employees.
Changing and improving the health plan and 401K plan are some of the big ticket items in my book.
Several unexpected bonuses my manager took the time to submit and get for me are other benefits.
Great Place to work
Senior Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 29, 2015
Staff here are great Friendly , Fun and Very Professional. With always looking for the best for their Staff and a Family first company
My Review Summary.
Senior Wireless Manager (Current Employee) –  Wpafb, OHDecember 23, 2013
A typical day consists of checking my voicemail/e-mail. If I have any I normally tackle those first. Next I try to resolve any issues customers may have with wireless devices, laptops, or desktops.

What I've learned-I learn new ways to expedite my workload as far as placing tickets for customers via Remedy Ticketing System, finding more efficient ways to conduct my business with customers to ensure they're being assisted in a timely fashion.

My co-workers are awesome. Very dedicated, determined, and very fast paced. Although some have been with the company longer than I have, I feel that I am able to seek help, advice, or whatever the issue may be.

The hardest part of the job I would say is to please every customer. I've been working for Array for almost 2 years now and I've never had a customer complain about my customer service.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is walking away knowing that I've done my job correctly, and in a timely fashion. Each day is a day to improve and I love finding ways to do so. The one thing that I love most is the fact that I am able to "go over and beyond".
Great Place to work
Senior Programmer Analyst/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 10, 2014
I have been a State Department Contractor for Consular Affairs/Consular Systems & Technology (CA/CST) for the last 12 years. I started out in 2002 as a requirements analyst for the immigrant visa overseas and rose to the position of Integrated Project Team Lead and technical subject matter expert. Some of my duties were as follows;

1. Plan continuous system maintenance releases with program managers and government task managers. Produce project plans and executive project schedules using MS Project.

2. Provide program managers and government task managers with weekly updates for any ongoing projects and any issues that may arise with system performance.

3. Work with CST/Users/Programmers to define enhancements to the system and document them in the system requirements specification as well as the system design specification.

4. Work with project team members such as quality assurance and tech writers, by educating them on planned updates, so that they may produce their project documentation such as test plans, user manuals or release statements.

5. Produce and submit all required release checklists and documentation to Central CM at scheduled project intervals and milestones.

6. Take part in all release meetings such as; initial project reviews, critical design reviews, test readiness review, deployment readiness reviews. Coordinate with data engineering on required CCD updates prior to software release.

7. Conduct system demos for CST and users.

8. I am proficient and knowledgeable in all CST development processes and development tools.

9. Additional
  more... duties were to provide level 3 technical assistance to over 150 overseas posts, such as updating case records or correcting data inconsistencies using SQL and TOAD.

As mentioned, these are just some of the duties and responsibilities that I would perform on a daily basis.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
None I can think off
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 16, 2012
A great place to work if you have the necessary skills to succeed.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
low pay for recent grads
Service oriented
Deputy Program Manager Other duties (Former Employee) –  aberdeen, mdApril 4, 2014
You always provide great service to both fellow employees and the public. They always walk away with a smile.
Very good amall company