Arris Group Employee Reviews

Lisle office summary... Dark Triad
Engineering Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lisle, IL.October 29, 2017
use to be good place to work for over ten years with entrepreneurial team players but has turned in more recent years to become a work place of political players and Machiavellian leaders. If one likes being lied to and kept in the dark this is a great place to work! Training on high tech product is minimal and only for the political select.
Pros
only few good workers and managers left, average pay and benefits of small company
Cons
Machiavellianism style leadership
productive and fun workplace
DESIGN DRAFTER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2017
· Update As-Built drawings according to clients redlines.
· Update design drawings according to clients’ specs.
· Create screen shots of steps taken to finish projects.
Pros
laid back
Cons
was training but not enough.
Excellent benefits and great place to work!
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 22, 2017
Enjoyed working with Arris and being part of the team. Employees are treated well at workplace. Great place to gain experience and improve your career.
Overall a good company with great benefits.
Sr. Manager Customer Accounts (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 10, 2017
Compensation is low and ARRIS doesn't do a good job keeping talent. The amount of PTO is fantastic and benefits are good. Management is about average.
benefits
Cons
compensation and increases
Ok place to work. Top heavy company
Principal SQA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time at ARRIS.

Typical workday is are normal hours...some times you work late if a project requires it.
Getting better at providing employee training.
The culture has changed a lot through acquisitions. Management still seems to be figuring that out. The hardest part of the job was getting training to keep my skills current while performing my day to day duties. The most fun part was the people. I really enjoyed my co-workers.
Decent company, distant management
Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 10, 2017
The company is a hardware company, so software development is kind of a secondary concern. However, they provided the teams with enough information and incentive to do their work. The product line management team is a joke, though, and the project had a tough time finding a customer willing to pay.
The company culture is mostly relaxed but they let deadlines rule the day. There were some very good people at the company, along with the usual assortment of dead weight, but overall it was a good place to work.
Pros
Reasonable hours, free soda, good benefits
Cons
Lack of support or drive from top management
Average corporation to work for
Sr. QA Engineer/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 10, 2017
Not much company culture, my department seemed like nobody really cared for each other. People were helpful at times, but conversations were mostly kept at a professional level.
Pros
Allowed to work remotely
Cons
Not an exciting place to work.
Good company, balanced work
Staff QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MA 01851May 19, 2017
Arris is good company, good people, balance work and life. Some technology is unique and not popular. New technology training should be provided. Benefit is good but can be better.
Pros
Good company, good people, balance work and life
Cons
More training should be provided
good company lacking in decisive managment
Senior QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2017
Great company to work for and access to latest techs regarding dsl and cable. unfortunately the managers are working managers and do way more than manage and local employees might get looked over for advancement opportunities.
Love the work I was doing and the company is good one to be apart of
Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2017
I was paid well for what I was doing. Management is understanding and work with the employees. I had a great time there doing my job. The perks were decent.
Great Co-workers, Good work/life balance
TAC Triage/Call Center Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day would include logging in to work and for the most part either receiving a call or grabbing work from their people soft crm. On average each representative would take about 10-15 calls and each representative between about 5-8 of us depending on schedules would take turns answering calls. I had a calm but assertive supervisor who we would communicate when any new relative information was released. The hardest part of the job which I wouldnt say was that difficult was just making sure you were aware of any new procedures just in case you received a call with that particular case. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we would be surprised with lunch from time to time and the fact that everyone was easy to get along with.
Pros
Schedule (8-5), 1hr lunch
Cons
1 hr commute
Great job
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  100% TravelFebruary 10, 2017
Great job, great crew, a lot of training, long term projects. Benefits where very good. Every Deployment Manager I worked for was very professional and resourceful.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Hotels
it was good at first
Designer Drafter (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 5, 2017
The position was going great at first with a great pay, but there was an issue with training for the special program that they had. I understand that there was a manual on the program and all, but when it came to getting hands on training they never took the time to do it. I know now that I never want a contractor job with lack of training.
Pros
good pay
Cons
low business (slow not busy), didn't get trained for intended position
Great place if in the cable network industry
R&D Director (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 23, 2017
1. the company is very profitable overall. 2. The software business utilize cutting edge technology 3. Job work/life balance is very good. 4. CEO has great vision
Haven't worked there in a while. Use to be a good place to work, but I hear it's changed since the merger with Pace.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJanuary 6, 2017
Ok work environment. Flex hours. Casual dress. Work pace was constantly changing from slow to insane and back to slow. Use to have great medical benefits. Generous vacation days.
Great place to work!
PC Technician II (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GADecember 19, 2016
Very good company to work for, great environment, and the benefits are top notch! Everyone here is almost like a family! Great place to work, I highly recommend it!
Productive and fun workplace
Staff Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 11, 2016
Logged into the call queue at 7 Am and off at 5 PM answering customer calls and emails.

SNMP and Oracle.TCP and UDP

Great team and management.

Writing solutions for a mature product suite.

Dealing with our engineering group and customers,
Pros
Health care coverage
Cons
The commute
Extremely interesting place to work
Staff Engineer - Systems Integration & Software QA (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 7, 2015
Extremely interesting place to work. Most enjoyable part is working with a cutting edge technology surrounded by world class experts in the field.
Productive workplace leading in the advancement in telecommunications related equipment.
Regional Lead Install Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILOctober 21, 2015
Maximize my team leading experience in a challenging environment, guiding by example and utilizing vast experience in directing a team towards its objective within the deadlines and thus achieving the corporate goals.
Pros
Great place to advance within your chosen career.
Cons
As a regional lead manager, hours are on call.
Great environment and Great teamwork
Fiber Documentation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 17, 2015
This position is assigned at Google Campus.
This is a great place to build experience and further any career.
The technology we work with is cutting edge
Pros
The Amenities while at work are great. Great cafes, coffee bar, gym, and game rooms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arris Group. Our community is ready to answer.