ARRIS

ARRIS Employer Reviews

Solid company
Vice President / General Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 14, 2014
Pros: company
Cons: company
Solid company with total focus on telco and cable markets. Great people and great environment in Beaverton, OR.
Stepping stone job UNLESS....
Product Engineer (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: some respect for the work/life balance. very nice folks work there.
Cons: only a few have advancement changes
May be a great stepping stone job, but no matter how hard you work you will not advance unless you can get in the "inner-circle" click. Otherwise, you are just a work horse and one of the lesser folks.
Nice place to work
Technical Support Engineer - Video (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAOctober 29, 2013
Good place to work, with good benefits and good compensation, however, it's not easy to get promoted. Managers in certain departments are too worried about making themselves look good and don't care enough about their employees. Now that they have bought Motorola they are too big and have had to cut well over 1000 jobs.
Much is expected, but the company works well with their employees.
Manager - Hardware Operations (Current Employee), Horsham, PAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: management supports their employees
Cons: too many changes over recent years - company sales.
The business is ever-changing and they expect alot from their people, but management works hard to accommodate and reward the hard workers.
Quality employer with great asperations
Product Development Team Lead (Former Employee), State College, PAOctober 15, 2013
Now a very large company, where day to day activities would vary greatly from site to site. Quality upper management for the betterment of the overall company.
Most of my experience here was with Motorola Mobility
Network/Validation Specialist (Former Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: gym on-site
I cannot vouch for ARRIS as I have only been there a couple of months. However, Motorola has been great. Great incentives regarding pay as well as health concerns.
dysfunctional management
On Demand Deployment Program Manager (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORAugust 7, 2013
very interesting work but horrible leadership. nepotism, bullying, no regard for professionalism. Great coworkers
Nice place to work with chances to learn from seasoned professional coworkers
Senior Manager Operations (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJuly 7, 2013
Pros: flexible lunch schedule promotes excercise
Routine,
learned negotiation tactics from the director of supply chain management.
Management was very seasoned.
My co-workers were dedicated to specific products. Very experienced in their niches.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the professionalism of my coworkers.
Great place to work.
Senior Hardware Engineer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 26, 2013
Learned a lot in the area of high speed design.
Great co-workers.
plenty of work and plenty to learn
Logistics Consultant (Former Employee), GAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: lots of skilled people to learn from
Cons: no much for social office interaction
Not a bad place - like working in a library though. Nice to work with serious minded, focused individuals.
cool place to work love the enviroment
Head end SR Lead Installer (Former Employee), californiaJanuary 28, 2013
technical field on a plant basis enverioment, everyday is something new, after project completion we head out to the next one.
great product
Senior Deployment Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2012
Pros: worked with hard working resources
I worked for Arris as a bridge to get through 1 year of not working for Convergys and Cox. After 1 year, I got on with Cox Communications.
Not paid well but has it's perks
PC Support Specialist (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAAugust 8, 2012
A typical day at work would be a few computer setups, software installs and interruptions by customer. I have a very good manager who wants me to learn more. He has setup labs for learning. For the most part, I enjoy my co-workers. We get along very well. The hardest part of the job sometimes not being aloud to learn more because others are afraid that – more... their job is in jeopardy. The most enjoyable is that I am aloud freedom to come and go as I please – less
Work
AutoCAD Designer for CATV OR COMMUNICATIONS (Current Employee), HoustonJune 25, 2012
Pros: flexible with work schedule
Cons: not organized
This job is ok to come and get experience but long term wise i dont think so, They are very unorganized, you cannot trust anything the supervisors tell you and are always threatening to terminate you in the weekly meetings. Managers are very irresponsible and lazy, they would rather sit back and watch movie then help.
Keystone cops.
Senior System Integration Engineer (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMarch 28, 2012
Pros: pay.
Cons: lack of focus and vision, wrt the industry they serve.
Courted me to join their team. When I got there, I was placed in a corner and under-utilized. Management of the team under which I worked had little knowledge of the industry and seemed to rely on vodoo to keep the systems that were running up.
Overall good company to work for as an Engineer.
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAMarch 22, 2012
Pros: good benifits, reasonably sound management.
Cons: most employees did not feel valued, pros outweighed the cons.
I worked for Arris Group, Inc. from June 2000 though February 2012 as a Senior Test Engineer in the Manufacturing Operations department.

My main responsibilities were to introduce new products into the factory. This included writing test plans, developing test stations, verifying software, firmware, and hardware designs and working with the contract – more... manufacturers in very high volume to make sure that the unit were functionally an parametrically sound.

Arris was one of the better companies I have worked for in my career. Overall it was a good experience. – less
Decent place for a tech
Headend Installer/Crew Lead (Former Employee), All Over, USAJanuary 26, 2012
Pros: advancement of skills, some really good people
Cons: more jobs requiere lots of travel, some really bad people
I worked at Arris as a contractor, which they seem to have lots of them and at times it makes you feel disposable. But if you have a good work ethics you should be able to stay on board for a while, instruction is minimal so you better hassle and communication with management is also limited so you better absorb as much as you can quickly and stay sharp, – more... if they don't give you a bad review you are usually doing fine. I enjoyed my time there and my immediate tech supervisor Jerry Hood was great. – less

About ARRIS

ARRIS brings the idea of broadband home. The company makes communications equipment and components used to enable broadband voice – Read more

ARRIS Photos