ARRIS Employee Reviews in United States

Company with excellent work culture
Functional Consultant (Onsite) (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 15, 2016
Management is very good and employees are very friendly and helpful. They understand the challenges of the job and provide support in difficult times which makes work place more enjoyable and challenging to give best.
Pros
Socialization
arris
sr systems engineer (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 14, 2016
This is a great company to work for. They are on the cutting edge of CMTS technology. The hours are good and the pay was good.
Pros
remote work
Cons
hours
Very progressive, innovative Company that cares about its people
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2016
ARRIS has grown tremendously over the past 5 years through organic growth as well as strategic acquisition. The Company is well-positioned in the broadband space to take advantage of the next technology shift as video content providers extend their reach to devices beyond the traditional TV set.
Over all a good company to work with
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 17, 2016
A lot of projects and development groups so that provide opportunity to learn different things at work. Benefit is not bad.
Good company
Sr. Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 12, 2016
Overall a good company to work for that offers competitive salary and descent benefits. Limited room for growth. I'd like to see more women in senior leadership roles besides in HR department.
liked working at ARRIS
Staff QA Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 29, 2016
I started with Motorola, and was with the company for 10 years in the same role. The work culture was collaborative, which made the job enjoyable even if the work was frustrating or stressful.
Employment
Design and Asbuilt AutoCad Drafter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
Had meetings everyday when the managers decided to show up, which meant if you started your day at 7 you had to wait for management to come in to get things truly started since they would withhold information until the last minute which always made the jobs harder to do
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
no organization, no structure, no true guidlines
Good work, good people
Senior/Principle Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PA 19044April 26, 2016
Developed a lot of software and delivered a lot of products. Worked with a great group of people. Unfortunately, the industry and cable set top products have matured and the products are now a commodity.
Pros
Ice Cream Socials
Cons
Company Downsize and Out-source
A call center on the decline.
Technical Support Supervisor III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2016
The company is filled with great people that make the day more enjoyable. There are many helpful people from agents, performance coaches and supervisors. I was able to learn how to complete many tasks while being understaffed and unsupported by upper management. Luckily, my peers were supportive and as a team, we were able to complete many tasks.
Pros
Meet some great people
Cons
Understaffed, brief training with high expectations for new agents.
Restricted by Separation Agreement
Six Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2016
Restricted by Separation Agreement and cannot provide certain details.

Work hours were generally good, with only the occasional extra long day. Boss generally provided advance notice of travel. There was some emergency travel, but that caught even the boss by surprise, so it is very hard to ding the company for that. The company was very generous with training money and the internal on-line training academy was pretty good. Quit a few of the classes from Motorola University made it into ARRIS academy so there was some good material available to take online.
Pros
Generous on training, pay was very good for the job responsibilities.
Overall no future for Employee
Staff Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 15, 2016
Company doesn't care about the royalty or dedication after all due to the company policy. Company culture seems to be against each other rather than help or cooperate.
was downsized from the ARRIS acquisition
Corp Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 8, 2016
was downsized from the ARRIS acquisition. did not have the opportunity to be @ ARRIS to evaluate. However, PACE was a great place to work !
Excellent place to work
Product Management Director (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 6, 2016
ARRIS has given me opportunity to grow in my field and try new horizons. Over my career at the Horsham location, I worked for Motorola, Motorola Mobility and ARRIS.
Telecommunications company with emphasis on cable boxes in San Diego
Senior Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2016
Arris is a company in the midst of streamlining and going lean. Not many opportunities available currently to join them.
Pros
New Cafeteria
Productive Work place
Senior Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAApril 4, 2016
The past 10 years I always looked forward to going to work every morning. Everyone in the office was professional and friendly. People were always willing to help each other.
Pros
Yearly Bonus
Cons
No cafeteria
Good People and poor management
Principal Performance SQA Engineer - Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 29, 2016
Great people that work hard to do the right thing despite poor and misdirected management. We have had several RIF's recently and most work handled locally is handled by contractors
Pros
good people
Cons
poor management
Family enviroment
Sr Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 26, 2016
Cooperation was stressed and we all made a point to learn from each other to make business better. We had a very strong department but other offices were purchased and workload became redundant
Pros
networking with other offices to find common ground
Cons
mergers take away personal goals
Great Company
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 14, 2016
Excellent company , thriving to be always on top of the market and provide strong product in dynamic video environment.

I have enjoyed working in the Technical Support group and great team of support engineers.

Management is result oriented

Team Moto - Customer first.
Productive and fun work place.
Staff Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 11, 2016
Logged into call queue at 7 AM and off at 5 PM.
Answered customers questions and issues.
Great team with good management.
The hardest thing was generating solutions for a mature product suite.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers.
It was fun while it lasted!
Senior Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 10, 2016
Worked as a member of the Pace team, which was great! But then Pace was acquired by ARRIS and we (Boca HW Team) were let go almost immediately. ARRIS decided that it was better to keep their team (despite having almost 5 times as many people and the fact that we beat them at every project we were in competition for) instead of integrating us or removing a few people from their team.

My ratings above are for the previous Pace as a company. Under ARRIS I don't know anything other then our team was considered redundant...

It was a great run while it lasted! I learned a lot and had a great team to work with. I'm not really sure it has prepared me for any other job out there, and there really wasn't a lot of room for advancement (in the HW department at least). But overall, esp as my first job, I really did like it a lot.
Pros
Free soft drinks, decent pay, great work/home balance
Cons
Bad management, getting acquired, little room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARRIS. Our community is ready to answer.