Arrow Truck Sales Employee Reviews

Great training skills provided
SALES CONSULTANT, ARROW TRUCK SALES (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 23, 2017
If you are looking to better your skills in sales and B2B skills, this company will provide you those key skills if you are looking to obtain them. Learned a lot from this company and made some great connections and contacts.
Great Company and People
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2017
If you have an opportunity to work at Arrow you should. A typical day involves prospecting , follow-ups, and wrapping up current deals. I learned financing is an obstacle for truck sales as well as working with people that are on the road allot (hard to put a timeline on deals). The management is helpful with training, advise, and during the sales process. At the end of the day you need to sell trucks and be profitable. The workplace culture is fun, light, but competitive. It is a small office and family like. The hardest part is commission sales which has inconsistency. The most enjoyable part of the job is the office family / nice atmosphere along with most customers. They are just ordinary folks earning a living as truck driver/owner operators. I met people from all over the world who came to the USA for the American dream. They appreciate someone being nice, honest, and fair with them. If you know more than one language that would be an asset working there.
Pros
People atomosphere
Cons
Commission/draw = inconsistent pay
This is an OUTBOUND call center to truck drivers - tough sale
Commercial Truck Sales (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 8, 2017
The retail sales division provides little or no training to be successful. The truck sale has zero to do with competence and skill sets. Truly, its a Russian roulette on the calls one makes. More luck than skill.
Doing deels everyday with associates and customers along with selling truks
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2017
Great place to work they had same idea of work hard play hard mentality made a ton of money for years but management changes they decided to root out the money makers and bring in order takers I was avg 26 out of 150 sales in entire company for 3 years.
Pros
made money
Cons
6 days a week long days
Fun place to work. Has great co-workers
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 27, 2015
I was on salary so didn't have to punch any time clocks. Had 5 weeks vacation a year. Benefits were wonderful. Very busy office and end of month was extremely busy and a very important time on the job. Left Kansas City and my job because my husband passed away and moved closer to be around family.
Pros
Benefits, pay
new experience
AP/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 1, 2015
answering phones and paying bills dealing with customers that wanted to buy big rigs was my typical day. Not sure why but I really enjoyed that. I was something different and I was good at it. It gave me energy to go in every morning and even try to sell trucks myself even though that was not my job. I enjoyed listening to the sales reps and hearing how much they told the customers and how they worked their words just to sell 1 truck.
Pros
my boss was great.
Cons
When I was dismissed because at the time the sales were low and I had to be let go....sad.
Boring non exciting
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Troy, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Great healthcare benefits. Lacking in terms of training and giving up too easily on people. Training after the first two/three weeks seriously lacking. Boss is way to pushy with the sales staff. Instead of building relationships he wants you to sell sell sell. No incentives for sales staff. No vacation nor time off earned. Quality and price of trucks way too high in an over saturated market of dealers and internet deals. Finance manager works banker hours while running two different locations which makes difficult to get much needed answers for customers.
Pros
Benefits Package
Cons
Training non existent
Pleasant work environment
National Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 25, 2014
I was National Account Representative and 2000-2002 salesman of the year. Great pay plan and the only reason I resigned was to open up my own business Truckers Needs and work a 2nd Job for the Napleton Group
Pros
Freedom of time
Cons
Commission could take up to 30 days
Productive and interactive learning environment
Truck Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2013
• Prospect, identify, and market available inventory to potential customers
• Responsible for mastering current inventory while identifying equipment used in each industry
• Deals with the entire selling transaction from prospecting potential customers to knowing the industry’s current and future trends and the delivery methods
• Reviews the details of the trucks and equipment from the expansive nationwide inventory
• Responsible for getting the customer approved for financing and completing the sale, as well as drafting all of the necessary paperwork for the agreement
• Mastered the sales experience while demonstrating excellent communication skills with co-workers and customers
• Quickly adapted to an environment and industry that was previously completely unknown to me

Pros
Be your own boss
Company Politics are bad, Questionable ethics
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  DeclinedMay 14, 2013
Good Pay, Long Hours, However a Plaid Coat & Stripes pants used car lot mentality. They don't live up to what they say. An arm of Volvo Truck. Like anything else some branches are better than others.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Very High Turnover. Once told put 100 guys in a shoe box and shake it till 5 are left.

Want to know more about Arrow Truck Sales?

Ask a question
fun place to work ,free lunches sometimes, free lunches on your birthday.
Lot Coordinator, Administration Work (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2013
Great place to work,nice atmosphere,friendly people,great boss
Pros
free lunches
Great place to purchase a Commercial Heavy Duty Truck
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 7, 2012
Great Staff, very friendly and knowledgeable. Sales jobs have job stability if you produce. There is always alot of change in the Management positions. Decisions of a Branch are made 2000 miles away.
Pros
large company (owned by volvo)
Cons
large company politics
I enjoyed my job even if it was a high stress position
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 14, 2012
Opening and distributing federal express and US mail. Coding and then getting invoices and or expense reports approved. Once approved I would input invoices into the AS400. I also checked scanned invoices from 16 US branches for accuracy and posted batches to payables. Then I would handle any "emergency" check requests. Once a week I would print 300+ US checks as well as 50 or so Canadian checks. I also processed payments via ACH for 20 or 30 vendors a week. Then once the checks were signed I was responsible for getting them mailed. I was also responsible for sending ACH payemnt details to those vendors.
I went through statements recieved at corporate and called for invoice copies when necessary. Anytime a vendor had an A/P problem or issue they would call or email me and we would get it resolved.
I loved 99% of the people I worked with right up until the current "controller" took over. She is a bully and caused several of the accounting people who had been there for 5 years or better to quit Arrow.
Pros
it was close to home so i could come home for lunch
Positive Atmosphere
Data Entry and Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 1, 2012
Everyone always had a smile on their face and worked very good together. Teamwork was very important.
Pros
positive thinking
Cons
needs improvement in communicating
Professional Office with Team Players
Finance and Insurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 29, 2012
I was the assistant to the Branch Manager. I prepared finance, DMV, and company documents for clients to sign, submitted and followed up on all finance applications with 10-15 different finance companies, expense report approvals, office/kitchen supply management, daily bank deposits, company banking reconciliations, filing, and AP/AR.
I learned that being detail orientated, organized, and good at multi-tasking was extremely important in order to make out office successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arrow Truck Sales. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2