Arrow Child and Family Ministries Employee Reviews in United States

San Angelo, Texas has hired and fired 3 CM in one year!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 9, 2016
Beware if you are looking to work for Arrow in San Angelo, Texas. The program director (management) has hired and fired three case managers in one year’s time. I was the 2nd in 09/15 and as of last week, there’s now a 3rd. I can explain why, but I better not. The job itself isn’t too difficult, but mine and his differences came when I felt that a foster family was not fit to foster. I was fired once I voiced my concerns, and two months later, they were closed by CPS. Therefore, proving my concerns were valid. I feel Arrow is a business that hides behind religion that profits on children’s misery; money came first, children second. It’s unacceptable.

You must also do a lot of traveling and work in an office full of tension. The hardest part of the job was trying to advocate for the children I was trying to protect, but going unheard. The most enjoyable, was seeing the children and being a positive influence in their life, however, it was short-lived.
Cons
Awful management with so much potential
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MdFebruary 27, 2016
I worked at the crossroads campus in bel air. It was my first time working with foster care. I stuck it out for almost a year because I loved working with the girls. The management ruined absolutely everything. They did not support the staff- if you gave a girl a punishment, they knew that they could go to the management and they would overturn everything. Management constantly tore down staff, treated everyone unfairly, played favorites (with staff and the girls). Girls don't receive enough therapy, there is very little structure, no chance or encouragement for the girls to better themselves with going to college, getting their drivers licenses, or any emphasis on school. This program with such a disappointment. It really let the kids down and doesn't do more than provide the girls a place to eat and sleep.
Pros
Regular staff has great teamwork
Cons
Management will make this miserable
They are dedicated to the children they serve
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 23, 2015
I worked here for five years and have many fond memories of the employees and the children. I grew professionally and personally because of the mission and vision of Arrow.

When the Maryland programs were allowed to run themselves and focus on the best interest of the children they did well. Whenever leadership in Texas got involved they inhibited the ability of the Maryland leaders to do what was best for the staff and the children.

The child care staff clearly care about the work they do and the kids they work with. If a staff member ever exhibited an inability to put the kids first they were dealt with swiftly and appropriately.

As a non-profit state funded organization they don't have a lot of money. If they had the ability to pay better salaries I would have stayed on for many more years.
Pros
Mission and vision. Faith based programs. Paid time off, holidays, benefits.
Cons
Lower salaries, interference from Texas leadership in Maryland operations.
Fun and uplifting workplace
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston / Spring / PorterSeptember 3, 2015
Working for a non profit agency has it's challenges, but the staff has always overcome the challenges. The staff are always optimistic and extremely flexible. We all did whatever it took to get the job done. What a great company to work for. I would recommend Arrow Child and Family Ministries to anyone who is in the job market, to consider employment there.
Pros
Great work environment
Tangram School
ABA Instructor (Current Employee) –  TowsonAugust 8, 2015
Not a very good school to work for. Very poor management. Pretty much a popularity contest. A lot of discriminating behavior and unfair treatment. You will find that out very quickly.
Never Again
Residential Counselor, I (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDAugust 8, 2015
I have spent 9 years with Arrow. I stayed that long for the youth that lived there. This company does not value its employees. NO ONES job is safe. Everyone is out to get someone fired. There is no structure for the children there. The basically run the units and when they don't get their way from unit staff they know if they go above staff they will get it.. If the children lie on staff, staff wont get a chance to defend themselves they are out the door by the end of the week. The units are mice infested. Arrow wont do anything about it until its time for an inspection. Arrow has connection with OSHA so that is how they pass their infections. The amount of food given to residents is barely enough to make it through the night and it doesnt help that they eat at 5pm and get a small snack at 7. Great place right. I know i would never send my child there.
Cons
barely any breaks, staffing issues
Theraputic Evironment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJune 30, 2015
Arow is a Christian based facility. Treatment for clients, other than therapy sessions, are open to various options. These options include art, sports, performance, writing, literature and sometimes, just relaxing. These things have a purpose for getting the clients mind of off negativity.
great environment
Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDNovember 22, 2014
the staff were friendly and very helpful as a graduate intern
they were willing to work with you and help you
the office is a great environment and cozy
Lead Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 7, 2014
I found my position to be one of challenge. I was excited to have been asked to take lead with my team. I have never encountered such empathetic and supportive leadership.
Pros
confidence in team members
Very laid back and warm environment with highly motivated and compassionate employees.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 5, 2014
Arrow is a very warm and inviting place to be employed or do your internship at. I have gained much respect for the people who work within this field because of the long hours and the amount of effort that is put into each individual client/child(ren) and their birth parents.
Arrow's first and main goal is reunification with the birth parents. When and if this is not possible, you can be sure that the child(ren)'s interests and needs are met to the best of their ability in all aspects which include mental, physical, emotional and psychological.
I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to have done my internship with Arrow because I was the first person that they accepted as an intern who was only going for my Associates Degree. The lowest educational level that a person can have and work at Arrow is a Bachelors Degree, so I did miss out on the field work that most interns would have had the ability to have obtained. However; I obtained a great deal of knowledge in regards to the inner office workings and became familiar with the guidelines and responsibilities that are required of all employees and I feel that it was a pleasure to have been involved with such caring, selfless people who do more than their share to help the children grow to become productive members of society regardless of some very hard past histories that they can and (mostly) do overcome with the help of this non-profit organization.
Learning to be a professional in this work field is different than being a professional in the business world. Both can be rewarding, but in differing way's. Any person
  more... who has the ability to see first hand how a small group of people can help a community with such a large impact by working together as a team would want to work with this organization.
The supervisor Ashley Saylor was a very understanding and caring person to whom I felt was a very influential person for me on a personal level. She is truly an asset to this organization and helped me realize that it was alright to not know exactly which part of this new field of study that I felt was right for me as the person that I am and my background. She assured me that I will eventually find my place in this field and I believe she is correct.
I personally may want to continue with my education to achieve my Bachelors Degree at some point in the future to enable me to achieve a personal goal, but currently I am looking forward to gaining education at my current level of education and background of experience.
Pros
the feeling of helping a child(ren) in need find relief from different types of abuse or neglect.
Cons
knowing about the needless suffering that some children go through.
Positive
Ambassador Family Specialist/Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2014
The mission and values of Arrow Child and Family Ministries are remarkable. It is truly a good agency to work for.
Productive and Fun workplace
Housekeeper/Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cromwell Bridge RDMarch 17, 2014
All around positive environment the most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
no break room
Has unrealized Potential.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 9, 2014
I worked at the Crossroads campus. The Director and co-director do not share the vision or philosophy of the president. It is supposed to be a ministry but the director is openly ant-Christian. I watched them treat staff horribly and do many unethical things. The worst part is that they did not seem to care about the residents. The campus and program could be and do so much to help foster care girls but with the current leadership it is not happening. I fought hard to improve things and make it a better place and was met with constant resistance. It is sad! If they current leadership changes on that campus I would go back in a heartbeat!
Pros
full time worker get tuition reimbursement, helping children who need it most
Cons
extremely stressful work environment, physically dangerous at times, no support from staff leadership
Stressful Environment
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2013
A lot of stress comes in to play, not a lot of support from staff or management.
Helping Others
Clerical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 19, 2013
It's all about helping those in need. There are many people in need. It's great! A great place to work.
Compliance Specialist
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth Texas and Spring TexasFebruary 27, 2013
- Great amount of attention to detail in order to maintain compliance with State requirements and Minimum Standards
- Detailed record keeping and file maintenance
- Travel to various locations in order to montitor compliance and communicate with clients
- Train staff at other Arrow locations
- Communicate and retrieve necessary data in order to create 1,000 page documents needed to submit for State Contract Applications
- Communicate deficiencies to staff that supervise clients
- Data Entry
- Purchase supplies and reconcile accounts each quarter
Pros
extremely task oriented and no down time
Cons
managment does not follow the philosophy and dynamics set forth by ceo, one manager/supervisor creates rules that contradict another manager/supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arrow Child and Family Ministries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9