Arrow Electronics Employee Reviews

Arrow Electronics Review
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, stock options
Cons: Lack of career paths, growth and development
A large corporation that absorbed several smaller companies to add an Electronics Recycling segment to their flourishing business to complete the overall lifecycle of an asset.

Having come from one of the smaller companies, I was excited to take my knowledge base and help to create a new application, utilizing best practices of all companies absorbed. What I learned was that communication works one direction; upwards. Upper Management makes all process and system enhancement decisions with little to no consultation being sought out or considered by the folks in the trenches doing the job every day.

There is little to no personal growth and development, nor career path options.
worked in receiving and shipping when need
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2015
Pros: you were busy so there wasn't much time to your self
Cons: didn't if you were to do one job or the other
the management was hard to read, didn't get the chance to improve my work skills do to moving back and forth to 2 or 3 job locations. they had a foose ball table that helped to get to know other people
Poor Managment
Computer Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2015
They don't know how to run a business. They have no clue how does employees feel. Some people will pull you down so you won't grow within the company.
Horrible place to work
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2015
This was the worst positions i have held with any company. They do not focus on employee development and customers are challenged due to the company's commitment on profit and not supply chain.
Productive and Educational Working Environment
Credit & Collections Supervisor (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 15, 2015
Pros: Lots of exposure to many parts of the business, free flowing information from the CEO/CFO down to the intern, everyone is on the same page
Cons: Late nights and long hours, average over 50 hours a week and required to work at least 3 times a month until 10 pm or later, work starts at 8 am regardless
I've learned a lot over the past 7 years and have advanced similar to my previous jobs. Arrow provides reimbursement for education and training seminars and has a strong "promote from within" philosophy.
Arrow Electronics
Financial Admin/ Data Analyst (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 15, 2015
Pros: Clean, air controlled environment. You are treated like an adult here.
Cons: Hire mostly through temp agencies, or interns
Arrow is currently in transition, this can make day to day work a little frustrating because it is constantly changing so if you like a set routine this is not the place for you. The people that work here are helpful and nice.
Repair Laptops, Computers, etc...
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 11, 2015
Pros: Knowledge of technology, then and now.
You learn new things everyday as technology changes. Some are challenging, but everything gets easier with knowledge. I work independently but I also work in groups. This was a very rewarding position because you would get to make things that did not work and turn them into working units that had value.
Arrow Electonics
EAD Technician (Former Employee), Ashland, VAJune 9, 2015
An EAD requires great team work to get the job done by the end of the week. You have to load the computers, wipe, scan and image. This alone takes about 8 hours per computer. Each week there is at least 700 computers to wipe and image. Then it must be scanned out to be sold to potential customers. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything gets done on time. The most enjoyable part is learning about different electronic equipment.
Productive place to work
Sr. Field Technician (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Work my own schedules
Cons: Too much travel
90% travel based, would like to be home more then 2-3 weeks out the month. I enjoy traveling just to 3 weeks a trip. The hardest part of my job is traveling.
Behind the times, five years backward
CER (Current Employee), DFWMay 26, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Slow to implement change, took a viable business model and didn't know what to do with it, somewhat stagnant.Still struggling with implementation 1.5 years after cut-over.
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Coppell, TXMay 15, 2015
All they want is more this and more that while they change the process every 5 minutes. Training or lack there of is a joke. they come over read a piece of paper and then make you sign like that was actually training me. I could maybe understand that if it was 1 page but really its like 12. This place is a joke at least the AVR side is the component side is actually good to work for or so I'm told.
Friendly co-workers, horrible management, no job stability
Technician (Former Employee), Gahanna, OHMay 10, 2015
Pros: plenty of breaks
Cons: they will screw you over at every opportunity
Definitely a work place where your fellow employees are all very friendly and a welcoming group, however management is terrible. They make terrible decisions play favorites whenever promotions come up, find ways to short you money, often mess up pay checks and it will be weeks before you see it corrected. Very deceptive management that will tell you something and then half a day later deny ever saying it. They will screw you over at every opportunity. HR is a joke unless you want to accuse someone of harassment. Will go a week with work that they require you to do overtime to finish, and then the next week have no work and have to either clean the warehouse to kill time or use your vacation time and hope more work comes in. Went three months once with no work and people cut and sent home. You will be extremely hot in the summer months and it is a very dirty warehouse. Would never recommend anyone to work here.
Good Entry-Level IT place to work at
Computer Hardware Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2015
Good place to work to learn about computer hardware technology. Nice people and generous entry-level benefits. Great co-workers and good team environment.
Good
Registration Coordinator / Management Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed helping the field sales reps. I learnd a lot about service and communication. I was helpful in connecting management goals with employees understanding.
Very happy here, unfortunately they have decided to relocate to Denver, CO
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Melville, NYMay 1, 2015
Fortune 150 Company that has a small business feel with upper management that make themselves accessible. It is a very busy and fast-paced environment. Other than the month-end close weeks and quarter-end close weeks, planning season, and year-end, there was a decent work-life balance. There is a familial culture. Lots of opportunities for movement within. I enjoy working here very much. It was very unfortunate that they decided to move nearly all job functions to Denver, CO.
Arrow Electronics was a great place to start my sales career
Sales/Field Account Representative (Former Employee), Wayne, NJApril 29, 2015
Pros: Team-work environment, training, traveling
Cons: Not enough coaching, Management wasn't transparent
A typical day at work was visiting engineers at different companies and interacting with the buyers as well as the engineers. I had a lot of Sales Training courses where I learned certain sales techniques, like the Versatile Sales Training Course. Management was ok but they could have coached the Sales Representatives a lot better. My co-workers were very helpful and were a large part of my success here. The hardest part of the job was when most of the companies were buying semiconductors, software, and other products off-shore. The most enjoyable part of the job was travelling to each different company and meeting the different employees and watch how each individual company operated.
Fast pacd, interesting and developing
Technology Service Specialist (Current Employee), Englewood, COApril 26, 2015
Pros: Great pay, Great benefits, Great people
I love working for Arrow Electronics. This is a great job and I am thankful to have it! It is a lot to learn and a very professional position. Fast paced and challenging.
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Solon, OHApril 24, 2015
A typical day was to come in and receive work orders, load work lines and complete our duties as warehouse associates. I learned a lot about how manufacturers named and organize their products for consumer uses and entertainment. They have a cool management staff with a great since of humor.
just bad
EAD Technician- High (Current Employee), ConnecticutApril 22, 2015
Pros: Wokers are nice.
Cons: Everything
Horrible Management. Play favorites. Lack of organization. Supervisors just have no clue. Just no a great job at all. Nobody really had a clue.
Great Working
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Ashland, VAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Great benefits when it comes to vacation
Cons: No room to move in company
I learned to have a better work ethic and built on to my production skills. Great co workers who for the most part had a positive attitude.
Headquarters