Arrow Electronics Employee Reviews in United States

Summary
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 23, 2016
I've learned to enhance my knowledge in the computer distribution industry by supporting multiple executives. Co-workers are great value to myself and Arrow.
Very Productive A fun work place
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVAugust 9, 2016
Typical work days was very busy and productive. Learned how to work fast and be productive. Management were very professional. Co-workers were team players. Very fast pace. Was a very secure and safe workplace.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
At that time i was used to work outside
Really fun place to work!
Aged Trail Balance (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 9, 2016
This company really promotes from within. I started as a receptionist and was promoted to accounting department. Everyone enjoys their job or they transfer to another department. Managers are awesome and helpful. Productivity is high because atmosphere is positive and fun. Always has incentives. The hardest part was leaving the company. I would love to work there again. It's rare to find a place of employment you can't wait to go to each and every day.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Wish I never left the company
Great Place to Work! Collegues always courteous and helpful.
PLANNER ~SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2016
I always liked going to work because of the people I interacted with were pleasant and helpful. I liked the fact that we were not micro-managed in my role as a material planner II. We did our job and at the end of the day I felt like I had accomplished what was needed.
Pros
was never micro managed, was pretty independent
Cons
job relocation
Disorganized Management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 2, 2016
Senior management between business units argue and play hard politics between each other. Employees get stuck in the middle.

They claim 5 years out but are actually 10 years behind.

Employees are nice. Your job is usually one activity and not diversified.
Pros
Exercise Facility
great place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2016
It was great place to work great room for growth and the people were very polite. i learned a lot of skills there with data entry and how to manage people and manage product that came through the door. my co-workers were hard workers and we did the task today everyday. hardest part of the Job was dealing with the new management that took over. Most enjoyable was interacting with my co-workers on a daily basis.
Pros
co-workers, rewards for employee of the month, great chance for growth
Cons
new management, small facility
Seasonal work
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN AND REPAIR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
It seems like only 6 months a year this company has enough work for their employees. The rest of the time they are moving people around and firing the rest
Pros
Free lunches
Arrow Review
Field Applications & Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 30, 2016
Arrow Electronics is a 22 billion electronic distributor that also provides a variety on design and manufacturer services to their major customers.
Pros
Exposure to solid state technology
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from management
Good
ETL Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2016
Excellent company to work on. Work life balance is great and lot of area to learn new technology and techniques
Slick talk, but no action. Don't be fooled!
EAD Technician I (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJune 13, 2016
NO!!! opportunities to advance and job "insecurity." Employment is based on tenure (Time-in). You will be second guessed based on managements lack of understanding for your position even though you're doing your job correctly. If they don't need you in your role, you are pushed out quickly.
Horrible supervisor, horrible schedule, horrible place to work
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 8, 2016
Arrow has major issues with the hours the employees work. You never know when you'll start and when your day will end, it's not a set schedule, it's all by ear. It's extremely frustrating especially since each supervisor tells you something different. Supervisors are completely incompetent. They really do not care about how hard you work. This company tends to focus more on punishing their employees. If you talk you get a write up, you miss a day you get a write up, you are constantly punished no matter how good you are at your job. I do not recommend working for this company. People tend to quit after a week of working here. Either not enough money or over working. They make it near impossible to move up in the company. Honestly worst company to work for.
Pros
Sometimes you get a bonus
Cons
Work hours, supervisors, impossible to be promoted, all the write ups and errors, Your co-workers, and the list goes on. More cons then pros
Arrow is Awful
Server Technician (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJune 2, 2016
A typical day at work is doing the same thing over and over again which would be fine if the rest of the day was tolerable. Management is ignorant and don't have the ability to make positive changes for the company or to stand up to employees that don't put the company first.
Production
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Aahland VaMay 30, 2016
This company is the worse ! They make billions of dollars and pay there warehouse employees little money! Will not hire any Black ppl in management & they lie to to you in all there hands on meatings
Pros
Good ppl
Cons
Bad managment
the people
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 28, 2016
Great people to work with, friendly and appreciative of my help in giving them the best solution possible and in a timely manner.
Our partners were also appreciative of my help in giving them the best solution possible and in a timely manner.
Very successful electronics distributor
Quote Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2016
Very busy days, our team has very little turnover in employees. Interface daily with sales teams, customers and management.
Needs improvement
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 18, 2016
The companies acquired by Arrow definitely have room for continuous improvement. This was starting to be implemented when I was there. Hopefully things have progressed.
Not a pleasant place to work!
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 17, 2016
The management is not respectful of the employees' contribution. There is no work life balance. The training /development of employees is next to nothing.
Fun workplace
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2016
I had a lot of fun working for this company. My co-workers was very helpful they really made sure my understanding of the job was complete.
Arrow did not require advancement in job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHMay 8, 2016
The hardest part about dealing with the job was constant changes and management changing their minds. You could never tell how much work you would have when you came in the following day or what you would be doing. Lack of employees
Pros
free beverages on break
Cons
To many people making decisions at once
One works at Arrow because of the people
IT lead for Sales and Ecommerce / Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 8, 2016
Arrow has great co workers who are very helpful and cooperative.
The job is very demanding but the people really make the difference.
Cons
have to work 24 by 7

Arrow Electronics Reviews by Location