Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Employer Reviews

Poor leadership, disorganization, distrustful culture
Human Resources (Current Employee), EnglewoodFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: making great advances in the industry
Cons: no worklife balance, no loyalty or support from management
Went in with great expectations and have been disappointed at the lack of trust and teamwork among departments. It's a fend for yourself environment. Bad attitudes and a lack of responsiveness is excused by management and blame is passed like a hot potato.
Nice
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), PRFebruary 21, 2015
Nice work environment. With good supervisors and management who teach you everything you need to success in the company
Avoid
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 20, 2015
Expect to be at the office until midnight during close weeks. Absurd work/life balance. Zero training/development from management. Employees are treated as a number. Very poor organization and passive upper management.

"Worst culture I've been a part of" is the common opinion of most employees.

One the plus side, pay is competitive.
Nice place to work
Planner (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free coffee free food
Cons: i filled in for someone who's job went to india.
I worked there as a temp for a few months, but while I was there I really enjoyed it. They frequently had free food and they had a Kerig with dozens of coffee flavors to choose from.
Fun in the lunch room with arcade games
Processing Clerk/Material Handler (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: hr lunch if we meet our goal
Cons: going through metal detectors
A typical day at work would be processing and answering questions over and over again about new tech cutline. I learned a lot about electronic devices and how they are used, and what is above tech cutline to resell. I have great management that are understanding and respectful, my co-workers have their ups and downs but to sum it all up they are great and helpful. The hardest part of my job is a lot of lifting product. The most enjoyable about my job is that I get to learn new electronic devices that come in and I also get to see how they operate.
FUN ENVIRONMENT
Line Technician (Current Employee), GAHANNA OHIOFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: work hours
Cons: bad management
GREAT HOURS FUN ENVIRONMENT. I LIKE MY CO WORKERS AND MY SUPERVISOR IS THE BEST. HE KNOWS HIS JOB AND LOOKS OUT FOR HIS EMPLOYEES
GL Team Understaffed and Poorly Managed
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Englewood ColoradoFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The accounting department at Arrow is understaffed with upper management completely understating the work load and expected hours. Culture does not exist as the turn over is so high. Work life balance for Managers is ridiculous as close weeks require over 100 hours, Seniors at 90 to 100 hours and Staff at 70 to 80 hours. Upper Management is completely unresponsive to proposed changes and when people leave for better employment their positions are rarely back filled. Current employees are expected to pick up the slack when coworkers quit and are offered nothing in return.

The Lucas Group focuses solely on filling positions for Arrow. They have a great gig going as they fill candidates heads with ideas of promotions and a great work life balance only to find the exact opposite after starting. Then they get to bring in other candidates and collect a tidy commission when hired.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Solon, OHFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: air conditioned, easy job
Cons: a few lazy co workers
I loved my job here. Everyone was friendly and the managers were very understanding about almost every situation. I really saw myself staying and growing with this company and then we received notice that they we closing their Solon location and moving it to Columbus, OH.
Good company
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Gahanna, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay, good hours
Cons: hiring policy is lame
Good company , good pay nice job if your in college for IT you can learn about any computer... This Good job for people with A+ certification I mean the pay is pretty good for a entry level computer repair job. Good for college students who study in the IT field.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 26, 2015
not a health place to be. it's hard to get a head. no Advancement for to many.
Cheap and Political
Leadership Role (Current Employee), USJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good colleagues, laid back
Cons: terrible benefits, highly political
The company works off of a thin margin, with that said, the medical benefits are terrible. You pay a majority of medical expenses out of pocket, along with the paycheck deductions.

The company is also highly political. If you've been here for many years you're successful. If you're new, you struggle to get anywhere.

On a positive note, the people are really good here. Management? meh......
productive
Forklift operator & Shipping Associate (Current Employee), Ashland, VAJanuary 22, 2015
challenging obstacles, learned to resolve any issues with the help of co-worker and management. most enjoyable is learning to operate machinery such as forklifts and computer software. a typical day at work is inventory products and staging them in the right locations.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: traveling
Cons: grow my experiance
Great co workers, I did very well now its time for a change, bigger and better things.
Never Boring
Product Manager (Former Employee), santa clara,caJanuary 20, 2015
Excellent place to work. There was a lot of stress,but it keep you alert
Nice Benefits, Competant Managment, Productive work environment
Product Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 20, 2015
Great people to work with for the most part, systems are slightly outdated but currently being updated, good benefits and nice facilities with new gym, cafeteria, etc...
Great place to learn new skills and advance career
DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Denver, Co.January 15, 2015
I earned many opportunities during my years with Arrow Electronics while working with high quality people at all levels of the organization. The company is very focused on monthly/quarterly results creating unstable job security at all levels of the organization, but particularly at the hourly level. It is difficult to state that employees are the number one priority when executing multiple layoffs in multiple organizations although a reality in today's economy. My responsibilities demanded travel 50 to 75% which was difficult, but expected. The collaboration with the leaders and employees was the most enjoyable aspect of my responsibilities and I do believe that I was compensated fairly and that Arrow provides a good benefits package.
Good job with average salary
Ecomm Sale Specialist (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJanuary 5, 2015
When the I worked for was under Market 2 Market and then Chasm and Intechra there was great opportunities to grow. That is what I look for in an employer. I want to find a company like that again/
working with the customer in a daily base
Field Applicartion Engineer (Current Employee), Los AngelesJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: good team
Cons: company promotion
Assist customer in design and development of wireless, Networking, RF, Fiber optics as well as Analog systems.
Assist the Field Sales Reps in customer pre sales and post sales issues.
Great Place To Work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 26, 2014
Pros: i love warehouse work
Cons: i had to leave
Was a great place! worked more than 10 years there until managment changed then so did everything wasnt the same no more
Nice place to work.
Collections/Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Englewood, CODecember 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits, professional atmosphere
Cons: need a thick skin to keep your head up at times while you are learning the ropes.
My experience at Arrow has been mostly positive. They do not provide much formal training. They take a sink or swim attitude and let you figure things out on your own. That is good and bad. Overall, I would say people are professional and helpful. Because there isn't much turnover though you do have a lot of people who can be quite petty and unwilling to help you learn.

1 2 3 4 5

About Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products, – Read more