Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics United States Employee Reviews

Nice Work
EAD Technician/Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Ashland, VAApril 15, 2015
I work at Arrow Electronics, its a computer recycling company. as of right now we test and wipe phones, computers, servers, networks. We cleaned and packed them then put the items away.

The best part is working together as a team and getting the job done
upper management is terrible
worker bee (Former Employee), RenoApril 8, 2015
Upper management is terrible, they really need to get a clue. To bad the Big Boss doesn't see it... HR wont do anything about it
constant flux in management and processes
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Coppell, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: clean, professional work environment
Cons: no time for breaks, and excessively strict monitoring of time, but no attention to work issues
Six managers in three years, constant demands to fix issues, without addressing process failures, or even data management. No support, engagement, positive work life experience, demanding and ungrateful.
Excellent pay for entry level
Account Development (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 1, 2015
Pros: Flexible, Pay
Cons: Advancement, Management
Arrow is a great company to work for. Pay and Benefits are excellent for the type of position. Advancement isn't great. They try very hard to hang on to people in their positions, but are not good at approving merit increases or helping you grow professionally. Work/Life is pretty good, flexible with time off. Management seems to be apathetic in their positions.
PEMCO Program Development
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Having two bosses
This was a very interesting and good experience for me. I had never worked in Distribution before. I understood the basics of distribution, but working for Arrow made me live it. Was hired to start a new program from scratch. Had to hire 8 team members. Was very fortunate to have hired 8 very strong individuals. Main goal of the program was to support the entire Bay Area Branch in the Electromechanical portion of the business (power supplies, connectors, etc). It was amazing how easy it was to grow numbers once a company puts a little focus on a particular section of the business.
Learned how to keep data sercurity for the custmer
Supervisor, Logistics Value Added Operations (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 26, 2015
needed to keep the SLA (service level agreement ) of 97% or higher
Was the one facility that was consistent of 100% in Audit and test to satified customer needs
Not a great experience as an employee
Imaging Technician (Former Employee), Coppell, TXMarch 24, 2015
Was not very organized, even though I understood it was a temp job they still did not properly train people in the tasks needed to be done. It was basically hire, put you in your area and hope for the best kind of deal. They were firing a lot of people and laying off a lot of people due to poor management. Before I was part of the group that got laid off they fired the general operation manager .

They missed a lot of jobs and were always forcing overtime even to people they knew were working while going to school. If you didn't accept the over time you would most likely get fired. And the overtime usually lasted for months on end.

Only reason why I'd give them 2 stars is just for the pay and the fact that it was one of my first jobs since I started working in 2014.

Overall though I'd suggest to apply to them as a last resort if you really can't find a job anywhere else.
long days
Hardware Technician (Former Employee), phoenix,azMarch 22, 2015
we would work long days and even over time because we would pick up the slack to get orders out on time. it was fine at first and then it got old because i was not able to spend quality time with my family.
Productive work place
Business Objects Developer / Administrator (Current Employee), denver/COMarch 20, 2015
Work culture is good.
Learned new things.
Nice team.
Colleagues are good.
Enthusiastic team.
Great opportunity and am glad to work here
A great company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 9, 2015
I would have loved to keeping working with this company. Some of my best times learning from this company From starting in receiving all the to Management. Great support and team help from everyone.
Arrow Electronics Review
Senior Technology Product Specialist (Former Employee), Englewood, COMarch 5, 2015
Pros: chalending and rewarding
Cons: work life balance
My jobs at Arrow Electronics were a great experience for me. I found Arrow to be an excellent challenge and am grateful for the experiences that I had while employed there.
Forward thinking "Five Years Out"
Sales, North America (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 3, 2015
Arrow is a company that looks into the future. Is also interested in diversity of their offerings and has a balanced portfolio.
Excellent Company
Director (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2015
Excellent company to work for with the exception of the work/life balance. Great group of people. Arrow is in constant acquisition mode so there are new challenges on a daily basis.
Poor leadership, disorganization, distrustful culture
Human Resources (Current Employee), EnglewoodFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: making great advances in the industry
Cons: no worklife balance, no loyalty or support from management
Went in with great expectations and have been disappointed at the lack of trust and teamwork among departments. It's a fend for yourself environment. Bad attitudes and a lack of responsiveness is excused by management and blame is passed like a hot potato.
Nice
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), PRFebruary 21, 2015
Nice work environment. With good supervisors and management who teach you everything you need to success in the company
Avoid
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 20, 2015
Expect to be at the office until midnight during close weeks. Absurd work/life balance. Zero training/development from management. Employees are treated as a number. Very poor organization and passive upper management.

"Worst culture I've been a part of" is the common opinion of most employees.

One the plus side, pay is competitive.
Nice place to work
Planner (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free coffee free food
Cons: i filled in for someone who's job went to india.
I worked there as a temp for a few months, but while I was there I really enjoyed it. They frequently had free food and they had a Kerig with dozens of coffee flavors to choose from.
Fun in the lunch room with arcade games
Processing Clerk/Material Handler (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: hr lunch if we meet our goal
Cons: going through metal detectors
A typical day at work would be processing and answering questions over and over again about new tech cutline. I learned a lot about electronic devices and how they are used, and what is above tech cutline to resell. I have great management that are understanding and respectful, my co-workers have their ups and downs but to sum it all up they are great and helpful. The hardest part of my job is a lot of lifting product. The most enjoyable about my job is that I get to learn new electronic devices that come in and I also get to see how they operate.
FUN ENVIRONMENT
Line Technician (Current Employee), GAHANNA OHIOFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: work hours
Cons: bad management
GREAT HOURS FUN ENVIRONMENT. I LIKE MY CO WORKERS AND MY SUPERVISOR IS THE BEST. HE KNOWS HIS JOB AND LOOKS OUT FOR HIS EMPLOYEES
GL Team Understaffed and Poorly Managed
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Englewood ColoradoFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The accounting department at Arrow is understaffed with upper management completely understating the work load and expected hours. Culture does not exist as the turn over is so high. Work life balance for Managers is ridiculous as close weeks require over 100 hours, Seniors at 90 to 100 hours and Staff at 70 to 80 hours. Upper Management is completely unresponsive to proposed changes and when people leave for better employment their positions are rarely back filled. Current employees are expected to pick up the slack when coworkers quit and are offered nothing in return.

The Lucas Group focuses solely on filling positions for Arrow. They have a great gig going as they fill candidates heads with ideas of promotions and a great work life balance only to find the exact opposite after starting. Then they get to bring in other candidates and collect a tidy commission when hired.

1 2 3 4 5

About Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products, – Read more

Arrow Electronics Salaries