Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Employer Reviews

Arrow inventory control specialist
Inventory control specialist (Former Employee), WilmingtonNovember 20, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about how distribution works at this level
Cons: none really
A typical day would involve trying to resolve inventory discrepancies. A lot of preventive maintenance with cycle counting. Management was great to work with, the hardest part of my job was the yearly inventory which would run for 2 weeks straight. The best part of the job was solving problems or finding missing product.
Excellent people, very hard to advance.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits plan
Cons: no chance to grow
This place has an excellent environment, the people is very cooperative and nice. I learned a lot about how to fix inventory discrepancies, the basics of ORACLE and WMS. The only hard thing about this job is that it gets old after a few months, the procedures are very standardized and repetitive, there is no much room to grow and the new positions are – more... not usually given to people already employed. – less
Productive, friendly work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Windsor, CTNovember 3, 2014
Pros: very fast past. i was kept really busy.
Cons: it was temporary
The work place fun, we were all pretty close. I liked the fact that there was mix of different kind of people, who made the time interesting. The supervisor were very helpful in getting things done. I enjoyed my time while I was working here.
Intense Industry
Customer Service (Current Employee), Englewood, COOctober 27, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the amount of stress
A typical day is generating reports, problem solving.
I have increased my knowledge in Excel spreadsheets.
A very diverse group of co workers.
The hardest part of the job is learning all of the internal systems.
Most of the internal customers are great to work with.
Productive place
QC Lead (Former Employee), Austin,TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short lunches/ short breaks
We would arrive to work, have a little meeting on what needs to be done for the day and what needs to be pushed out. Then the fun begins. Our work place is very much being busy and trying to get orders that need to be out for the day. If we are done doing out task we would move ourselves to another department where work is needed. There is always help – more... needed in any kind of departments, so we are constantly on a roll. The hardest part of the job is trying to learn something quick and fast in little time. The most enjoyable part of the day is when we see management getting involved in helping us getting our job done. Pretty much management getting there hands nice and dirty...When they get involved that means to us that they are communicating with us and seeing what else needs to be done. – less
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Solon, OHOctober 23, 2014
Pros: visiting my clients facitilies, great way to understand their business.
Cons: laid off (automotive industry)
Great company had wonderful opportunity to grow and learn about electronics. Handle large sales accounts had the opportunity to visit my customers to understand their businesses.
Fast paced
Quality assurance and Programmer (Former Employee), Reno,NVOctober 6, 2014
A typical day consisted of inspecting orders and programming data into computers.
A productive and fun workplace with professional materials
Servers, PCs configuration Technician (Former Employee), Coppell, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: trainings
Cons: diverse sources of (contradictory) instruction leading to frustration
In spite of the short time internship, Arrow Electronics sharpened my computer (hardware) science knowledge. I learned what other people could learn in more than two years.
this was supposed to be only temporary
shipping/receiving (Current Employee), hartford, ctSeptember 16, 2014
This was supposed to be a temporary position till I found something in my field of experience. They have a huge turnover. Poor work conditions. I do not recommend this company.
Over decent company
TAX ADMINISTRATOR RECONCILIATION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 9, 2014
Immediate management were a team leading good group. It was a big department and most of the co-workers go along great!.
Fun place to work
Oracle Enterprise Applications Architect (Current Employee), Melville , NYSeptember 3, 2014
Very fast paced environment

Challeging Projects

Very Wrok Scentric
Warehouse Setting
EAD Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2014
Cons: short lunch breaks. dusty environment.
I work at a station of my own and I removed hard drives from laptops, desktops, and servers per customer request. During my time here I have learned the inside of these units and how to troubleshoot problems if any, and how to fix them if needed. Management here does not really show that they genuinely care about their employees and a lot of my co-workers – more... feel the same way. Everyone under management gets along and does their job/duty respectively. I enjoy learning new things about the software that we use and learning about different processes. – less
Product Manager/Sales support (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 18, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: no job security
Standard 8-5 job. Learned tremendous amount regarding Tier 1 CM's through out the US. Department went through 4 managers while I was employed. I worked with positive people and negative people.
THis job sucked
Data Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee), Windsor, CTJuly 29, 2014
Pros: pay was okay
Cons: uggghh
I felt like a slave working here. The co workers was very disrespectful I was over excited when job ended
Simple and efficient.
Picker (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 21, 2014
You are required to stand for long periods of time at your cart and count out the pieces according to customer orders.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 29, 2014
My co-workers were great to work with. The company seemed to lay off people every year so, employees were always afraid of losing their jobs.
very customer service oriented.
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMay 12, 2014
Good professional working environment. A lot of traffic in the office from reps and manufacturers liking to work with Arrow to penetrate accounts for new business
productive
Test Technician (Former Employee), Solon, OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: nice breaks
Cons: to many laidoffs
the job was confusing but thank the support i got from fellow coworkers i was able to focus and work accord so i had some nice motivation i learn doing the same work without progression is so boring but when you hungry and humble you do your best at work the hardest part was dealing alot paper cuts but it was cool.
Good pay and experience but horrible management.
Buyer (Former Employee), Englewood, CoApril 21, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: lay offs, very poor management, racist undertones
Good pay but horrible management. Too many lay offs and favoritism.
Your typical large company
Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: low-end compensation, lots of red tape
- Like any large company, waves of new hires and waves of layoffs
- Very difficult to move from the trenches to the ivory tower

1 2 3 4 5

About Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products, – Read more