ARROW INTERNATIONAL Employee Reviews

Work demands very high - low moral - poor management
Component Assembler (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCFebruary 20, 2016
Typical day - long hours - short breaks - very low moral - management leaders were brought from other industries so job details are foreign to them - do not understand processes or what it takes to complete duties - cut positions and remove needed tools to do the job - in management opinion those tools are not needed - this make job harder to do then tell you that you are a poor worker without a sense of urgency due to poor job performance due to not having the tools necessary to do your work
Pros
Multiple vacation days if you can take them
Cons
Low moral - push quantity - few open slots for vacation days
Okay place to start but not great for a career
Software Integration (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2016
- They pay quite low for salary and kind of expect to there for about 10 hours a day.
- The co-workers are pretty cool and the managers in the Equipment are pretty nice. Ownership is the problem here.
- Healthcare is $600/month
Pros
Employee Lunches
Cons
No pay increases
Sold to Teleflex employees treated like stock
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJanuary 7, 2013
What was a family environment at Arrow International turned sour in preparation for sale to Teleflex. Employees were fired for trumped up reasons so that headcount could be reduced. Quality medical products were produced in Asheboro NC and the workers were great but company downsizing in prep for sale can be nasty. Teleflex implemented a no talking policy in the clean rooms to increase productivity which is draconian!
Pros
good people and quality products
Cons
draconian management low pay
productive,fun,very careing people
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 15, 2015
I would go to my job area and take a tray of tickets and inspect them ,take out the bad tickets then put them on a belt that sent them to the end of the line , I learned how they made the bingo tickets and markers, The management was hard to get along with, they were very hard on the workers, My co- workers were easy to get along with but sometimes some of them would get mad and take their anger out on other people, The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the other packers, The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had a good day.
Challenging, fast pace company, constantly growing
Plant Controller (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NC.October 22, 2015
Working for Teleflex has been a great experience, as a medical company you have to learn to work with a set of more tight regulations and as a company constantly growing you have to adapt and learn from constant changes and new products and work systems from the companies being added to the group. Great group of people, great learning experience. I started in a new site where we were receiving production lines from sites closing in the US, so I had the opportunity to experience the ramp up process, all the way to the normalization of the site, then I was give the opportunity to move under the VP of finance in North America as a Sr Financial Analyst mainly doing FP&A activities, consolidating all sites information to build the monthly reports for corporate, coordinating the financial forecasts every quarter and the budget and cost roll process annually, then I was given the opportunity to work as a financial partner for the global supply chain organization at the time the consolidation of the NA DC's project was happening, and finally I was given the opportunity to be a controller in the manufacturing site in Asheboro, NC.
Pros
Constant changes, continuous opportunities to learn from other areas
Cons
company is going to an aggressive cost reduction process, so positions to grow are less.
they always meet their deadlines and the people is very nice to work for
Plant services (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCFebruary 22, 2015
I get to work and begin to load and unload the trucks.I learned how to do everything the right way and the safe way.Management is one of the best teams I have for.My co-workers is a team we all do things together or individual but we always get the job done on time and I love working with them.When Im call off a job to do another job lets keep in mind that first job got to be done at a certain time.The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of day I help somebody love ones life.
A good place to start.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 10, 2015
Teleflex doesn't take quality seriously, from a fundamental level. They pay lip service to it, no more. You can get laid off with no warning.

People are great, local management is competent, upper management is mostly concerned with quarterly stock prices.

Your merit increase, also know as cost of living adjustment, is tied directly to whether the company met its stock projections. Think about that.
Arrow International was a positive medical manufacturer with the purpose of helping patients.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 21, 2011
The company was very comfortable to work for and the coworkers all had positive attitudes. We were all team players and were there to help the company succeed. Arrow International was also strong in helping employees with training and getting improved with computer sufficiency. The supervisors had very nice personalities which helped keep their departments successful.
Pros
excellent work environment and team members.
Cons
arrow was taken over by teleflex, and all executives and assistants were laid off.
Good workplace
Material Handling (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 12, 2013
The pay raises were low. In general it was a cool place to work at but the amount of work we did did not match how much we got paid for it.
Pros
four day work weeks
Cons
low pay
baic work day
Maintenance adjustor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2013
Arrow International is a globalize bingo company that has been proven reliable for the past 45 years with no layoffs in its history. The work envirmonet is friendly, but the equipment in the department is old and outdate and has proven to be a great challenge becasue the machienery was hand built in the 1970 consisting over 3000 parts in one unit.
Pros
job security, profit sharing full time, always have work
Cons
poor pay for work, outdated equipment, difficult to diagnose, department is know to lose mechanics.
Fast pace and busy. Plenty of work.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCSeptember 10, 2013
I liked it because you stay busy until its time to go. That's makes
the day go by fast, if you have good co-workers to work with.
sometimes management is not good. The bad part is sometimes
they wait till the last minute to tell you if you have to work on
a Saturday.
Pros
i like the hours. the pay is good.
Cons
the breaks are to short.
Excellent place to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2012
Arrow International is a very busy place making Bingo propducts 24 hrs a day. The management isvery strong and yet they get to know their employees as well. I was once told that everybody's job is expendable from management, to the owner, to the employee. I enjoyed working for them and hope that I can be rehired there.
Pros
company picnics, profit sharing, and other items
very clean and neat place to work
full time employee (Former Employee) –  Asheboro NCAugust 29, 2013
Organized and well keep company to work for. Good benefits offered with 401 k. Components are inspected 100 % to meet company standards.
teleflex
packer (Former Employee) –  asheboro ncJune 24, 2015
boring, fast pace, mean old ladies that think they own the place
everything has to perfect because the things you are assembling are going into a human body
Pros
theres work
Cons
extremely picky, fast pace, people, have to wear robes with masks gloves ect
Good place to work, never did a lay off
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 24, 2013
Learned to sort by number very fast, hard work but was fun, the people there were very easy to worked with, management were fair to everyone
Pros
flexible with hours
Cons
not good insurance or pay
Contract employee
Contract Sr Packaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 31, 2011
The company offers a better than average work facility as well as employee benefits. Focus on product and high quality is very high.
Enjoyable
Material Handler/Tow Motor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OhioApril 24, 2014
Good place to work, nice and cool in the summer.
Good management.
Good co-workers.
Learning how to manufacture product for consumers.
Provided excellent work ethics and time management.
Pros
fun job.
Productive and fun workplace
Country Manager, Philippines & Guam (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMay 27, 2013
Supportive co-workers that binds the operation to go smoothly.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
fairly good company to work for.
Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJanuary 21, 2013
It was a steady job, fairly good place to work. Even in slow times we always had some work.
Pros
if i needed time off they always worked with me.
Cons
not good benefits
Was an excellent place to work!
Senior Detailer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 9, 2012
This was an excellent place to work, very good benefits, overall great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARROW INTERNATIONAL. Our community is ready to answer.