Advising potential customers (both B2B and B2C) on the optimal accessibility solution to fit their needs and guiding them through the sales process. This entails both hosting customers at our showroom as well as conducting on-site evaluations and consultations across Ohio. It also involves developing/increasing demand for products by personal marketing activities aimed at Architects, General Contractors, Home Builders, and other referral sources. Success requires outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and learning elevator industry technical details.
Essential Job Functions
- Setting an example of service and professionalism in both conduct and appearance for fellow employees and all other parties who come in contact with our organization.
- Handling informational calls, leads & appointments in a manner most likely to result in a sale.
- Taking accurate in-home surveys and properly selecting and pricing the equipment for each application/customer.
- Writing contracts and forms that protect both the customer’s & the company’s interests and that permit installations to be performed correctly.
- Acting as the customer’s advocate. Following up on installation details where necessary.
- Working with the company and other sales reps in ongoing training and development with the goals of raising both individual and group performance.
- Providing marketplace feedback to management concerning competitive pricing and products, and customer needs/wants.
- Staffing our showroom in rotation with other sales reps. Answering phones, directing calls, answering customer questions, taking leads, organizing sales materials.
- 5-10 years of sales experience
- Experience in accessibility, home improvement, construction, or elevator industry a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must be willing to travel within Ohio, occasionally overnight or out of state
Indeed - 11 months ago