Arrow S3

Arrow S3 Employee Reviews

Worked hard and long hours without hesitation
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee), Irving TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: on call with no support
Typical day: work service tickets to resolve customer telecom/openscape procenter issues. Performed upgrades after hours. Communicate with customers and understand their issues and resolve them via quality work and in a timely manner

Learned: how to perform software upgrades, patches

management: hands off type management which was okay, but had do drive to help the business succeed.

Co-workers: All were team players and great to work with

Hardest part of job: upgrades and after hours support on products that we were not trained on

Enjoyable part of the job: Worked with my peers and able to make our customers happy
Good company
Marketing Support Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 28, 2015
Work life balance could use some adjusting but overall a good place to work. Innovative communications company that strives to remain current in a rapidly changing industry.
Terribly unorganized and mismanaged
Sales (Former Employee), USMarch 19, 2015
Pros: some really smart people
Cons: all of the abovementioned
Arrow S3 can't seem to decide what to sell or how to sell it. They are extremely top heavy with management and will cut the sales and support with any downturn in business. That would be appropriate in some cases but their tendancy is to race ahead with some half-baked idea without really knowing what it will take to be successful. Most especially disappointing is how they say they are open for feedback and honest imput about local strategies but never hold their word. The same goes for compensation, very irratic and unfair.
Operations Apprentice
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 8, 2015
• Use ticketing system to escalate equipment issues.
• Data Entry and call handling 50+ calls daily.
• Handle customer and technician request and complaints.
• sold telecommunication devices
• Password resets and User Accounts
• Adds, Moves, and Changes
Zero job stability
Accounting/Finance Systems Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: work from home when needed
Cons: no stability and pay
My typical day consisted of correcting application errors for project managers, technicians, and sales executives. The hardest part of my job was knowing that I would be laid off at some point, but not knowing exactly when. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work from home when needed.
Used to be a good Company
Remote Alarm Technician (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: bad management no raises, no room to advance
A typical day would start off by deleting a bunch of emails, work the same things ur worked for the past week.
Arrow S3
Regional Technical Solutions Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaDecember 2, 2014
Pros: good company, direction for the market is good
Cons: stability
Typical day would be working with the customer base on buying additional services, resolving problems with getting resources to their site.
Engaged with escalations where the customer needs help with pricing of services, status of tickets, working with VP level management to resolve an escalation.
Attend meetings with the Sales team to review existing contracts for service or new opportunities on our services offered, mostly now being remote services for Microsoft Lync, System Monitoring, Avaya or (former Nortel products) Mitel...etc.
Work on Service renewals when required to help sales maintain the customer base.
Changes
Tech III - ONS (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: benefits above average
Cons: to many lay offs over the last 4 years.
Arrow S3 was the merging of 3 companies, Arrow Electric, Shared Technologies and Cross Com. The merger caused a lot of qualified individuals to loss there job security.
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT
Credit Analyst / Account Receivables (Former Employee), IRVING,TXMay 28, 2014
Pros: flex-schdule
Great job enjoyed my time there;
there a really good work/life balance
Great company ruined by Arrow
Staging Coordinator (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 31, 2012
Arrow S3 is a merger of Shared Technologies and Cross Telecom. Cross was a great place to work, however after being merged with Shared and Arrow, mismanagement and poor decisions started a nose dive that will take a lot of work to get straightened out.
Productive workplace, however lack of manegement support reduced the company
Customer Care Specialist-Dispatcher/Manager (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJAugust 22, 2012
Pros: steady hours, m-f, build rappor with your team. work together with supervisors and fellow workers
Cons: poor management, old and out-of-date equipment, evolving industry which arrow cannot compete with.
During the first few years of my employment with this company I found it to be highly intensive and productive. Management allowed me (and my fellow department workers) to run our territories how we see fit within company guidelines. Co-workers were supportive and I leaned a great deal about managing time and people as well as ways to build the business. I managed how to delegate work to co-workers and technician responsibility and efficiently. I even leaned to strike a compromise between union and non-union workers within the company which proved to be beneficial...that was the hardest part of my job. I became an expert on certain company systems quickly which allowed me to resolve problems and conflicts while using minimum company recourses. At the time I could honestly say I enjoyed working and contributing for the company. However during the past 2 years the work place became somewhat stagnant, no room for advancement...increased responsibility with less pay and less time. I offered ideas on how to improve the business as well as increase company morale, but shortly after Breaks were eliminated and management became somewhat hostile. Though I continued to work to the best of my ability in the overall "good" for the company I found myself and my ideas for improvement falling on deaf ears. Last month I was cut due to down-sizing and budget cuts.

About Arrow S3

Shared Solutions and Services, Inc. (S3), a wholly owned subsidiary of Arrow Electronics, Inc., is a uniquely-capable total solutions – Read more