Arrow Employee Reviews in United States

Employer, co workers, environment
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHMay 10, 2016
Arrow had been one of my best job experiences, I used to look forward to going to work, it was a great work environment, professional but down to earth supervisor, friendly co workers.
Pros
WORK SCHEDULE
Cons
MANAGEMENT, HUMAN RESOURCES, INCONSISTENCY
University focused, great hands-on journalism experience with an state renowned collegiate newspaper
Student Reporter (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MissouriApril 11, 2016
Five years of learning journalism ethics, interviewing skills and making sure to meet and exceed deadlines as much as possible.
Pros
Family environment, flexible deadlines, great editors
Middleware Integration
Middleware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 11, 2016
Middle ware Technologies plays major role in integrating different system. Here we had good team to work and team make friendly environment.
Not much to say about the job
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Breese, ILSeptember 1, 2015
Great people that work there but the job was not very employee friendly. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Straight days was the only thing good about this place.
Pros
Staight Day shift
Cons
Pay was not good.
out of buisness
Assembler (Former Employee) –  southbridge, maOctober 22, 2015
Typical warehouse job assembly. they are out of business but when I worked there there was always 40 hours. I assembled radio headphones.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCAugust 30, 2015
okay workplace a lot of training, you have to have clean room experience ,coworkers are friendly the hard part bout the job is being able to keep up
Pros
8hr shift
benefits
Good place to work with friendly people
Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasMay 15, 2015
Pretty laid back. The managers were nice and helpful. Co-workers were friendly and always willing to answer questions and provide help. Could get a little hot in the warehouse, and your on your feet constantly so be mindful of your back.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Fun group of guys with nice bosses, they seem to really care about your life.
Machinist Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 9, 2015
It's small but it's a real good group of guys. They for the most part will help you in any way you need to get the job done. Within reason of course. I don't need much help but when I did request it they would without belittling you. The hardest part about the job would be having two separate shops across the street from each other. Also the healthcare could be better BUT, it free so... They have a tooling system that helps when you need new stuff and management is always happy to help. My favorite part of the job is finishing a long job on time without many holdups if any at all.
Pros
free healthcare, good people, clean shop
Cons
healthcare could be better, still a small comapany
Great people to work at
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VirginiaFebruary 3, 2015
I learned how to do so many things at this job.
I learned how to use their computer systems for asset tags, and filling out descriptions for the assets i worked on.
I learned how to test and grade tables, smart phones, video/sound cards, printers, and desktops. I learned how receiving and shipping works. I learned how to fix/repair broken items.

A typical day at work, I would have to reach a certain number of assets a day. For example, if i was working on testing tablets for their functionality, i would have to reach the daily goal of 80 tablets. I normally would go over that depending on what tablets i was working on that day.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my team to get the assets completed.
Pros
working with a great group people
Cons
no health benefits, bad upper management
produvtive
Producer (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJuly 7, 2015
most difficult part of the job was no real relationships build among the co-workers.
Could do work without being micromanaged.
Pros
beverages provided
Cons
time off was not understood
Nice place to work
Purchasing Coordinator / Buyer (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJMarch 5, 2015
Worked in a lot of the different departments throughout my years. Manufacturer heart catheters. Pulling orders from inventory to be packaged. Shipped and recieved product. Printed labels. Worked as a purchasing agent. Co-workers were nice to work with. Knowing that the product that was made helps people.
productive and fun workplace with raffles
Bill collector (Former Employee) –  niles, illinoisSeptember 4, 2013
on a typical workday include data entry, learned hoe to collect on past and current loan accounts, manage accounts on a 30 day period, work with a team who helped on another equally, hardest part of job was sitting for long periods and occasionally verbally abused from some customers, the most enjoyable part of my job was working with an amazing team the supported one another.
Pros
raffles/free prizes
Cons
sitting for long periods
Nice employees, everyone looks out for eachother
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 18, 2013
I was only at arrow for a couple weeks, but during the time I was there i was welcomed with open arms. The employees there were very nice and helped me out whenever I was unsure of something. management was alright some better than others. The most enjoyable part to me was when we had to work a Saturday, people could listen to headphones and the managers played loud music over the speaker system. I feel they made their employees feel comfortable and were easy to work with. My overall rating is a 4/5.
Pros
work wasn't difficult, friendly employees, employee benefits
Cons
short breaks.
Productive exciting and friendly place to work, very team oriented.
Customer Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Solon OhAugust 1, 2012
My responsibilities include the oversite of a 7 person team. Our productivity is always stellar meeting all challenges placed before us. Our major goal is to ensure our customers AR is as clean as possible to allow open credit line availability to our intenal and external customer for order placement. In this role I have learned to keep the group working as a team at all times in a fun and relaxed atmosphere, this allows me to look forward to coming in each day and totally enjoy my work days.
Pros
the freedom to complete daily tasks in a relaxed trusting atmosphere
Cons
the only downside of this job was the lack of or insufficient training
One man show
Employee (Former Employee) –  DenverApril 22, 2015
Managers are not trained no experience. Follower gets credit. No respect and in work. Promotions are based on how well you follow not on knowledge or experience
Good place to work, strong HR department, top notch distributor
Corporate Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 25, 2012
Customer service comes first for everyone. Great opportunities for advancement. Higher levels of management care about the employees and they value their contributions. Good training programs for all employees.
Pros
training, advancement opportunities
Cons
expect long hours at the end of each quarter
not fun to work at
Communications Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Management was not supportive of employees. Did not train. Departing employees warned about supervisor and manager not having any experience. The hardest part of the job was being there.
Pros
non
Very fun, was able to attend concerts and have a lot of fun
Event Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 4, 2013
typical day consisted of driving an awesome vehicle and going to events that ranged from concerts to movies etc.. I learned a lot of people skills and how to speak genuine to people. I really loved this job.
Productive laid back atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nocona, TXJuly 15, 2013
Employees are friendly & family oriented.
Rewarding in relation to interacting with customers.
Challenging from a manager perspective.
Pros
customer relations
Cons
low pay, no benefits, no advancement
good employee culture
Data Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin TexasSeptember 19, 2014
the workload is acceptable
the hours are normalized
compensation meets expectations
Pros
travelling to work in other facilities
Cons
not challenging enough