ARROWHEAD COUNTRY CLUB Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Maintain a positive and fun working environment with emphasis on taking care of the member or guest.
Supervisor - Snack Bar (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 21, 2013
Day starts with opening the snack bar. Prior to opening needs are to secure supplies for the start of the day, i.e. checking to ensure an ample supply of cups, lids etc. Maintaining the coffee center. Getting hot dogs, popcorn made and setting up the counter. Once opened, assisting members and guests with their needs.

This position teaches employees to work as a team especially during heavy customer demands.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that you have a good staff and can count on them to perform their duties at all times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is learning to know the members, speak with them on a first name basis and perform during during the peak hours.
Pros
lunch is provided by the kitchen.
Cons
this is a seasonable position.
I very enjoyable job, poorly managed.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Edelstein, ILFebruary 15, 2015
My job's included opening/closing the pool, cleaning, checking the chemical levels of the water, watching over patrons, and handling money. This job gave me a better sense of responsibility, because people's lives were at stake. I was also able to develop customer service skills while dealing with unruly patrons. I always got along with my coworker's and made some very good friends. My one gripe I have with this job, is that it was very poorly managed, and I would often not know my schedule until the day of.
Pros
half priced food, free pool access
Cons
poorly managed
Really solid experience
Golf Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edelstein, ILMarch 19, 2015
Delivered excellent customer service by greeting and assisting each member in the country club's golf shop. The position required attendant be proficient in maintaining driving range, putting green, golf carts, members' handicap information, making tee times for members and selling/displaying golf equipment.
Pros
great atmosphere and ability to keep my golf game sharp while learning the business.
Cons
no health care or full-time status. also seasonal.
Evolving hospitality job with and exciting work evironment
Head Golf Professional (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 19, 2014
> Manage a staff of twenty people all while our members and guest expect the same customer service levels
> Report to the General Manager with monthly numbers that must coincide with an aggressive budget for my golf department
> Conduct 3-5 lessons a week
> Work harmoniously with other department head to ensure entire property is on the same page for events and outings
good start
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 28, 2013
it was a good environment to be in and it is a shame it was only a month apprenticeship. i worked for 3 hours every other day. i learned to make and set up great meals and my teacher was very nice and friendly. the hardest part was to place everything perfect and prepping up for big events happening. i enjoyed working and being in the fast pact environment.
Pros
ate free, enjoyed the workers and learning opportunity
Cons
only a month
Good Food Service Job
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 5, 2013
A lot of work involved, depending on the day the pay was worth it. Sometimes it was too much work for too little reward. But with the larger events, and when not over staffed, you were able to make a good chunk of change.
Pros
good money
Cons
unorganized at times
DO NOT TRUST THEM
Employee (Former Employee) –  SomewhereMarch 14, 2015
They are getting rid of people left and right, with really no reason at all.
My co-workers were wonderful and so were the members.
But management is awful.
The board needs to take a hard look at the inside.
Pros
the people
Cons
management
Enjoying what you do for a living
Golf Course Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 30, 2012
I enjoy working outdoors and being able to make something look better than It was. I enjoyed learning new things about my job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay
Arrowhead Country Club
Outside Guest Services (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 30, 2012
ACC is family oriented facility that offers a great golf course and opportunity to meet local business owners.
interesting workplace, management contrite
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Davie, Fl.January 18, 2012
Experience was mixed; instruction business was the highlight.
Pros
grew instruction business, golf at other facilities
Cons
no benefits
Productive work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 9, 2013
I was a waitress for twilight golf club members. I kept customers happy and their stomach's full.