Arrowhead Credit Union Employee Reviews

A day at Arrowhead Credit Union
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 24, 2013
As a member service rep II, I deal with everyday basic transactions. I am also trained in frontside operations which includes opening new accounts, wire transfers, creating, blocking and re-pining cards, inputting loans and funding them. I am also trained in the call center as well. I am currently a floater and service all 11 locations in any aspect. The hardest part of my job would be driving to all locations. The traffic some days can be a bear, on the flipside my most enjoyable part of my job would be my thirst to learn new things. I love to train and learn new policies and procedures. Everyday I can learn something new.
Pros
great co-workers and great learning
Cons
healthcare, lack of promotion from within
Wonderful Company
Account management (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 24, 2012
Monday-Friday schedudle with the occasional saturday work days. Arrowhead Gives 3 weeks of initial training, and always ensures that the employee has access to more experienced employees through chat. These chat windows are subtle ways to contact someone if you're not sure of a procedure and are on the phone with a customer.
The management team is a little hit and miss, with some that want to rule the office with an iron fist rather then an understanding sturdiness. But the people there are friendly, the vendors are always bringing in sweet treats and the overall atmosphere is professional and inviting. wonderful company to work for with lots of room for advancement.
Pros
lots of room for advancement, professional, stress-free, good pay
Cons
management needs work
Productive and Fun workplace to bond with co-workers and members
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be filled with laughter and joy. I learned the ins and the outs of the banking industry. The management team was held to a high level of respect and was always there when needing assistance. My co-workers were amazing, excited about what they did for a career and loved it! The hardest part of the job was making difficult decisions about members' accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job was building trust and a relationship with the members, not only did you remember their names but they remembered yours.
Customer Service
MSR III (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAAugust 5, 2013
Merchant window, deposit and withdraw transactions, assisting safe deposit box custodian, helping ATM custodian, balancing cash at the end of the day, making sales for the month, make calls for new accounts and taking payments in for mortgage or car loans. Outside sales: setting up new account booths in lager companies/ selling and or start up checking or savings account to employees. Develop new and existing business and consumer banking relationships by proactively soliciting new business from prospective clients and by contacting present clients to retain and expand banking relationships, to meet or exceed assigned monthly goals.
Great place to work overall.
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 18, 2013
Going to be sad to leave, but I strongly encourage anyone who is interested in working in the financial industry to apply at Arrowhead Credit Union. A very fun place to work; with lots of opportunities to learn, grow, and shine. There are quite a few employees that lack an appreciation for such a great institution, and I feel that creates majority of unpleasant feelings at Arrowhead. This is a company that really wants to help the members.
Pros
feeling morally satisfied with work.
Cons
a few bad eggs in management at some branches.
Wonderful Place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 22, 2014
I loved the atmosphere, and the people I got to work with. You go to teller school and they teach you about everything you need to know and you also train at the branch. Downside, very hard to get them to work with school schedules but they push for the younger employees to pursue education? A bit of a paradox but overall an amazing company.
Pros
structured and positive environment.
Cons
do not work with school.
Great Learning Experience
Member Services Representative III (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJanuary 30, 2013
I was the receptionist for this branch. I self taught myself to learn the office equipment and phone system. I answered member questions and concerns, filed and mailed out branch documents, order supplies and scheduled appointments for the Financial Service Representatives. The hardest part of the job was the poor support from management. The most enjoyable part of my job was my clients and fellow teammates.
Pros
healthcare, hours, clients, teammates
Cons
management, policies
Horrible company to work for
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 28, 2013
Very bad management with no idea how to run a branch. Hardly any training given and they expect a top notch employee for bottom of the barrel wages. Went to another bank with a LOWER position and got way better pay. Do not work for this company. Horrible treatment of their staff.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
bad management, low pay, no care for their employees
Wonderful working with members.
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 29, 2013
Arrowhead Credit Union has really great members. Fun place to meet good people. Work was easy to learn. Some employees were more difficult to work with than others. Long hours. Management was never around much to help with daily problems. Supervisors were rude to employees.
Pros
great membership benefits.
Cons
employees do not help each other.
Not a great place to work
teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 11, 2013
This is a horrible company to work for. They had very minimal training before throwing you out into the work place. Management is very unhelpful and has little to no idea how to prerform their job.
Pros
good hours and decent hourly pay
Cons
minimal training, little room for advancement
Daily
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 23, 2014
Assisted members with various account related services. Maintained all referral and cross selling goals. Took advantage of every opportunity to learn essential duties of the call center. Assisted Central Operations with incoming mail, Ops Requests, VOD's, and Lockbox processing.
Pros
people
Cons
no longer
Wonderful
Assist banking members (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CaFebruary 6, 2014
This environment had it all. Once the company started losing momentum, the management completely changed. It was no longer a place I was able to see myself in any longer.
Pros
the team i worked with
Cons
no advancement or pay raise in 3 years
Too serious
Facilities Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 17, 2013
Every one that works there is scared they going to lose their jobs, since it was massive lay offs about 2 to 3 years ago.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
they don't pay well or give good raises.
Good company to work for
Senior Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 20, 2013
Arrowhead Credit Union is a good company to work for. Although, I will admit I worked for them prior to NCUA take-over so I am unsure as to whether or not it is still a good company to work for.
Pros
team environment
Cons
ncua take-over
Good company with a vision
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 27, 2012
I enjoyed working for Arrowhead Credit Union. ACU is in the process of restructuring. The company will be much stronger in the future.
Pros
good pay
Cons
frequent management turnover
very fast paced Credit Union, where i was able to apply my skills, A great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAMarch 5, 2014
handled all currency transactions, greeting members, promoting products
Great working experience
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMay 27, 2015
Very exciting place to work, very busy in-store office. I enjoyed engaging with the customers and training the employees.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Small Office
Great Place to gain experience.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CADecember 16, 2013
Arrowhead Credit Union truly values their employees. The promote positively and truly enjoy seeing people grow with in the company.
Pioneering Credit Union with Strong Future Vision
Vice President, Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 24, 2013
Cutting edge initiatives, very forward thinking credit union, directly competing with all financial services firm at all levels.
Enjoyed getting the work done
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 28, 2014
Every day was the same, same reports needed to be work and we were able to handle calls throughout the day.