Arrowhead Hospital

Arrowhead Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospital work/ floor nursing
Staff Nurse, Med-Surg (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMay 20, 2015
Med surg floor nursing is very demanding with lots of time on your feet, 6 patients at a time, doctors orders, passing meds, transporting to surgery and other places, etc
iR
Registered Nurse-Interventional Radiology (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 4, 2015
I worked IR for this company. we managed busy work loads and balanced heavy inpatient and outpatient cases.I would recommened to anyone willing to pull alot of call and overtime. not for a family person
OK place to work
RN Cardiac Progressive Care Unit - Acute Care (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2014
Pros: patients, pay and benefits
Cons: management lack of team work
Work never ended. Working was not always team related. The hardest part of the job was figuring out what management wanted. Enjoyed the patients and the pay and benefits.
Productive, constant work, great staff
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2014
My days would start out with morning portable xrays, then move on to any fluoroscopic exams and inpatient/outpatient exams. My days were always busy and keeping a neat and tidy work area with great patient care.
Also days included surgical procedures with portable c arms, and occasionally getting into sterile dress and assisting surgeons and or radiologists.
The benefits are very good, but it difficult to balance work and life.
Cashier/Cafeteria worker (Current Employee), Glendale, AZNovember 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits, job security
Cons: frequently changing shedule, long cummuter time
Benefits, especially health insurance is very good.
However, my schedule is always changing which is hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job is exchanging jokes with co-workers or customers and sharing a laugh.
Facilities Coordinator
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 8, 2014
Pros: i was able to challenge myself to my fullest abilities
Cons: communication and consistency from upper management made it a challenge, sometimes a roadblock, to complete my required duties to my customers which, were all employees of the hospital.
My employment at Arrowhead was very multi functional. Each day brought new challenges. These challenges allowed me to use my problem solving skills as well as maintaining an organized structure, which helped me effectively meet deadlines. During my employment at Arrowhead Hospital I continually studied methods of improving work measurements and performance standards.
Great team and positive outcomes.
RN Case Manager, Cardiac Unit, Medical Unit, ICU (Current Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: friendly place to work.
Cons: late hours almost every day. no paid education (ceu's) days.
This hospital has a pleasant work atmosphere where everyone works together as a team for positive outcomes for the patients. My manager is wonderful and strives to assist us in all areas including education. The new Cerner system will be quite user friendly in another month. My co-workers are friendly and outgoing and fun to be around. Our team of social workers and case managers is top notch and to me, working with these fine people and interacting with the patients and families is the best part of the job.
nice environment
Student nurse Clinical rotations (Former Employee), CASeptember 20, 2014
This hospital apply good patient care in a nice environment
Arrowhead hospital is team focused, emplyees focused and secure work place.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 29, 2014
Pros: i have good benefits at my hospital and have safe environment.
Cons: rarely sit to eat, because of being busy.
My typical day at work, is general busy but exciting, lots of responsibility and very short breaks, but lots of nurses we are always on diet that's the excuse.
What I learned is to priorities, and give support and ask for help when I need it, or give help to my colleagues when they need it. My co-workers are very supportive, experienced nurses that are always available to me at work and out of work – more... if I need them.
My management is encouraging with positive influence, approachable and with integrity.
The hardest part of my job is separating myself from works responsibilities and emotional part attached to my responsibilities. Hiding my self,( the objective part of my job from the subjectivity of my being a nurse versus a person.)
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have a happy, safe family,( new born baby and healthy mom.). – less
Great people patients are all great
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 7, 2014
I miss working there and regret ever leaving. The people there were friendly and I just loved it.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 26, 2014
I enjoyed ten years of my life working here. All the co=workers were very helpfull.
Nice place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 2, 2013
Pros: lots of over time
Cons: night shift
I worked night shift 12 hour shifts. Fun place to work as a team player.
For eight years I worked at a job that I both enjoyed, and a group of workers that I enjoyed being with.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Glendale, AZNovember 11, 2013
For more than eight years, I worked at the medical unit at Arrowhead Hospital. My fellow employees and I shared a congenial time together, and worked together to make a more pleasant stay to all of our patients.
great place to work
Director of Facilities Services/Project Management (Current Employee), Glendale, AZNovember 8, 2013
Pros: great area fun people
Cons: to hot sometimes
Happy caring people was great to work with them Leadership was very active and well know with staff as supportive.
Terrible place to work. Telemetry Nurses are understaffed constantly, and these are lives we are dealing with. Pushing IV cardiac medications,l etc
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), azOctober 28, 2013
Cons: unable to get any breaks on12 hour shifts, it is too dangerous
Lack of Communication
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 15, 2013
Pros: 40 hours a week
Cons: lack of communication
Typical day of work washing pot's and pan's, serving customers, preparing meals for patients. Management could have been better. Co-workers didn't work well together. Hardest part of the job was dealing with impossible circumstances
Excellent employee moral.
ED Technician (Current Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 19, 2013
The environment that is produced in the Emergency Department at Arrowhead hospital is very friendly and enjoyable to work in. The excitement that occurs from critical patients makes the shift go by fast.
Busy hospital that thinks it's one of the big dogs.
Food Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: excellent pay, great co-workers.
Cons: too many hours
Worked my butt off there, had to cover many different positions as company was constantly understaffed.
Toxic-unengaged environment/ no raise for 3 years/Removed 401K match
RN Clinical Coordinator/Charge (Former Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 1, 2012
Pros: i no longer work at arrrowhead hospital
Cons: company is huge and is steadily merging and acquiring on the backs of the workers.
Management are not leaders and don't know how to engage staff.

Top down management with no input allowed from the workers (who have a better concept, and wonderful-diverse input).

Advancement opportunities are non-existent (unless you fit in the "click",willing to bully staff members, or suck up to supervisors).

The most enjoyable part of the job- from a nursing perspective, is the patient (of course). – more...

Cancelled without compensation when census is low, expected to be on call without compensation, yet they will call and get you out of bed at 4AM if they need staff-- it is always all about Arrowhead Hospital. Severly lacking any sense of work/life balance.

Horrifically unprofessional treatment going on at this organzation, in turn this impacts the qualty of patient care and contributes to poor outcomes.

It is common sense, if you take care of your staff they will reciprocate.

The most enjoyable part of the job- from a nursing perspective, is the patient (of course). – less
Friendly staff and team players
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: pay wage, hours
I enjoy coming to work everyday l! I life working with my team members and putting a smile on all my patients