Arrowhead Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with parents and newborn babies
Part-Time Birth Recorder (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 26, 2016
Learned Maricopa County Dept. of Vital Records regulations; Learned the State of AZ Electronic Birth Recording System; learned all necessary information to collect from parents for Birth Certificate. My supervisor was a very excellent supervisor, taught difficulties, and helped in difficult situations. The woman who was the full-time Birth Recorder was so much fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was recording the demise of a newborn. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the new babies.
Toxic-unengaged environment/ no raise for 3 years/Removed 401K match
RN Clinical Coordinator/Charge (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 1, 2012
Management are not leaders and don't know how to engage staff.

Top down management with no input allowed from the workers (who have a better concept, and wonderful-diverse input).

Advancement opportunities are non-existent (unless you fit in the "click",willing to bully staff members, or suck up to supervisors).

The most enjoyable part of the job- from a nursing perspective, is the patient (of course).

Cancelled without compensation when census is low, expected to be on call without compensation, yet they will call and get you out of bed at 4AM if they need staff-- it is always all about Arrowhead Hospital. Severly lacking any sense of work/life balance.

Horrifically unprofessional treatment going on at this organzation, in turn this impacts the qualty of patient care and contributes to poor outcomes.

It is common sense, if you take care of your staff they will reciprocate.

Pros
i no longer work at arrrowhead hospital
Cons
company is huge and is steadily merging and acquiring on the backs of the workers.
For profit hospital and cared more about bottom line than patient quality
RN CEN (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 30, 2015
I have had a desire and passion for nursing since graduating in 1990. Patients are my number one priority and I love being a RN. I loved working in the ER but had difficulty with managements overall caring for their patients and staff. Appeared to have a culture of favoritism and most of us were called into Directors office to be reprimanded while leaving our patients unattended for long periods of time without concern. Love my patients and gave 120% at all times. Another problem was that management of our department did not have the qualifications to have the Director position but was given anyway when others with longevity and experience were turned down.
Pros
401 K
Cons
Verbally yelled at by management in front of others and not given opportunities to explain self, felt not supported enough by management when circumstances would arise, alot of favoritism, appeared to be singled out due to age
Arrowhead hospital is team focused, emplyees focused and secure work place.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 29, 2014
My typical day at work, is general busy but exciting, lots of responsibility and very short breaks, but lots of nurses we are always on diet that's the excuse.
What I learned is to priorities, and give support and ask for help when I need it, or give help to my colleagues when they need it. My co-workers are very supportive, experienced nurses that are always available to me at work and out of work if I need them.
My management is encouraging with positive influence, approachable and with integrity.
The hardest part of my job is separating myself from works responsibilities and emotional part attached to my responsibilities. Hiding my self,( the objective part of my job from the subjectivity of my being a nurse versus a person.)
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have a happy, safe family,( new born baby and healthy mom.).
Pros
I have good benefits at my hospital and have safe environment.
Cons
Rarely sit to eat, because of being busy.
This was a good place to work and advance,with a good benefits package.
UNIT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 21, 2012
ordering labs tests, meds, calling in consultations,setting up transfers for patients to reabilitation centers,ect. sending emails and faxes, copying and filing patients records, ordering office supplies, training other secretaries,ect. I had very few problems working with others. being giving other peoples work to do and being reprimanded for not getting fast enough. Management felt that I wasn't sociable enough after working hours.
Pros
good benefits package, most of the people were nice to work with, i also liked the 12 hour shifts three days a week.
Cons
i wan't being paid the same as the other secretaries, althrough i worked there longer.
Stressful, fast paced, unfair scheduling...schedules not up more than 1 week at a time.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 4, 2012
Job is about getting the patients into the ER for medical attention. First, paperwork must be inputted into system. Then, face-to-face with patient to obtain all information hospital needs, while the patient is in pain, passed out, throwing up, ...

The job is fast paced.. sitting, standing, on your feet.. constantly dealing with patients. The most difficult part of the job is verifying patient's medical insurance benefits within a short time that patient is in the ER.

Training is adequate.. with many interruptions. There is not a set schedule for anyone except those that are managers favorites. They don't have a good training program.

Management is OK. Supervisors have favorites (friends and family members!).

Very difficult to advance to a full time day schedule.

As a newcomer, you never know when you are working. Be prepared to work alot of 2nd shifts and weekends.

Pay is OK. Benefits (if you get hired as a permanent employee) are great.

Takes alot of time to get perfect scores on paperwork that is required for bonus's.
Pros
bonus's if no mistakes on paperwork
Cons
hard to get breaks in, family members work for each other, friends that hang out with supervisors get better shifts.
Productive, great place to work. Amazing team members
Medical Laboratory Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 3, 2011
Arrowhead laboratory has a real home feel. The management, MLT's, MT's, phlebotomists and the Pathologist's all work together to ensure great patient care. This team functions as a true team in workload, vacation/time off needs, family emergencies without being intrusive to the individual team players. No drama here!
Pros
growth potential, benefits, flexible schedules
Medical Assistant Back Office/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 20, 2015
Hardest part of the job is attending to a call and the outcome is unrecoverable. Different shifts so I had to adapt to them. Depending on the shift and time of the year things could be busy but mostly laid back
Pros
Less than 5 mins from home
Cons
An exciting and welcoming environment to work in.
E.R. Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 5, 2015
A very friendly staff to work with made the every day job itself comforting. There was a lot to learn within the position which was exciting because each day was a new experience. Staff and management was extremely helpful and the company was personable, which was reassuring to a new employee. Daily challenges made the job itself very rewarding when accomplished.
The benefits are very good, but it difficult to balance work and life.
Cashier/Cafeteria worker (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 16, 2014
Benefits, especially health insurance is very good.
However, my schedule is always changing which is hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job is exchanging jokes with co-workers or customers and sharing a laugh.
Pros
Good benefits, job security
Cons
Frequently changing shedule, long cummuter time
OK place to work
RN Cardiac Progressive Care Unit - Acute Care (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2014
Work never ended. Working was not always team related. The hardest part of the job was figuring out what management wanted. Enjoyed the patients and the pay and benefits.
Pros
Patients, pay and benefits
Cons
Management lack of team work
Facilities Coordinator
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 8, 2014
My employment at Arrowhead was very multi functional. Each day brought new challenges. These challenges allowed me to use my problem solving skills as well as maintaining an organized structure, which helped me effectively meet deadlines. During my employment at Arrowhead Hospital I continually studied methods of improving work measurements and performance standards.
Pros
I was able to challenge myself to my fullest abilities
Cons
Communication and consistency from upper management made it a challenge, sometimes a roadblock, to complete my required duties to my customers which, were all employees of the hospital.
Lack of Communication
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 15, 2013
Typical day of work washing pot's and pan's, serving customers, preparing meals for patients. Management could have been better. Co-workers didn't work well together. Hardest part of the job was dealing with impossible circumstances
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
lack of communication
Great team and positive outcomes.
RN Case Manager, Cardiac Unit, Medical Unit, ICU (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 30, 2014
This hospital has a pleasant work atmosphere where everyone works together as a team for positive outcomes for the patients. My manager is wonderful and strives to assist us in all areas including education. The new Cerner system will be quite user friendly in another month. My co-workers are friendly and outgoing and fun to be around. Our team of social workers and case managers is top notch and to me, working with these fine people and interacting with the patients and families is the best part of the job.
Pros
Friendly place to work.
Cons
Late hours almost every day. No paid education (CEU's) days.
Productive, constant work, great staff
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2014
My days would start out with morning portable xrays, then move on to any fluoroscopic exams and inpatient/outpatient exams. My days were always busy and keeping a neat and tidy work area with great patient care.
Also days included surgical procedures with portable c arms, and occasionally getting into sterile dress and assisting surgeons and or radiologists.
co workers great
PD Pharm Tech (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 18, 2015
it was busy made the day go bye faster did pyxis fills IV mixing Narcotic fills
overall enjoyable and not just one specific job multiple jobs to get done.
High energy hospital
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 10, 2012
Very fast paced and well organized hospital. Very good surgeons and Doctors. Also RN's are well picked. The hardest part of the job is being overworked when short staffed. The best part of the job is when a patient gains a relationship with you and you know your doing your best to keep the room maintained and clean for their healing.
Cons
heavy workload, sometimes overworked
Terrible place to work. Telemetry Nurses are understaffed constantly, and these are lives we are dealing with. Pushing IV cardiac medications,l etc
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  azOctober 28, 2013
Cons
unable to get any breaks on12 hour shifts, it is too dangerous
great place to work
Director of Facilities Services/Project Management (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 8, 2013
Happy caring people was great to work with them Leadership was very active and well know with staff as supportive.
Pros
great area fun people
Cons
to hot sometimes
For eight years I worked at a job that I both enjoyed, and a group of workers that I enjoyed being with.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 11, 2013
For more than eight years, I worked at the medical unit at Arrowhead Hospital. My fellow employees and I shared a congenial time together, and worked together to make a more pleasant stay to all of our patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arrowhead Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2