Arrowhead Hospital Employee Reviews

Life experience
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 7, 2017
I had the ability to again learn how hospitals worked and had the ability to float to many different departments which expanded my experience as a health care worker.
Pros
The learning expereince
Cons
I was a pool employee.
Rewarding
Unit Secretary, Women and Infant's Services (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 16, 2017
Set up files for patients that would be coming in
Learned how to use the computer system
Management was most helpful
The hours where 7 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Enjoyed see the birth of new lives.
This is a for profit hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Working for a for profit hospital is a very different culture. The numbers and bottom lines have a tendency to become more important than the staff or patient well-being.
Pros
Flexible hours in certain positions
Cons
Lack of resources or help when needed
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 29, 2017
I very much enjoyed my work experience at Arrowhead Hospital but there was a 2 year wait that year to get into the ASU' nursing program. I had an opportunity to become a flight attendant so relocated to Houston
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 11, 2017
Loved this job it was a great place to work, My team was so helpful and willing to teach. I got along with my team and we had many memories. I do not regret working with this company.
Pros
Envirement
Cons
Na
Pleasant working environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 20, 2017
Decent patient load at beginning of shift. I learned to make due with what supplies were there as sometimes they were under supplied. The management was very out of touch with the staff. They would become under staffed during a shift and not have any other staff come in. The hardest part of the job was constant pressure to provide quality safe care in an environment which was not always safe, and to feel threatened if you mentioned the situation. I love nursing and appreciate the opportunity to be a nurse.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Director on floor for medical surgical floor out of touch with patient ratios.
great place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 17, 2016
fun environment, with busy flow. Makes the days go fast. Teammates are fun to work with and everyone helps out. Learn billing and basic back off assistance
Fun place to work with parents and newborn babies
Part-Time Birth Recorder (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 26, 2016
Learned Maricopa County Dept. of Vital Records regulations; Learned the State of AZ Electronic Birth Recording System; learned all necessary information to collect from parents for Birth Certificate. My supervisor was a very excellent supervisor, taught difficulties, and helped in difficult situations. The woman who was the full-time Birth Recorder was so much fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was recording the demise of a newborn. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the new babies.
Medical Assistant Back Office/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 20, 2015
Hardest part of the job is attending to a call and the outcome is unrecoverable. Different shifts so I had to adapt to them. Depending on the shift and time of the year things could be busy but mostly laid back
Pros
Less than 5 mins from home
Cons
An exciting and welcoming environment to work in.
E.R. Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 5, 2015
A very friendly staff to work with made the every day job itself comforting. There was a lot to learn within the position which was exciting because each day was a new experience. Staff and management was extremely helpful and the company was personable, which was reassuring to a new employee. Daily challenges made the job itself very rewarding when accomplished.
co workers great
PD Pharm Tech (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 18, 2015
it was busy made the day go bye faster did pyxis fills IV mixing Narcotic fills
overall enjoyable and not just one specific job multiple jobs to get done.
For profit hospital and cared more about bottom line than patient quality
RN CEN (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 30, 2015
I have had a desire and passion for nursing since graduating in 1990. Patients are my number one priority and I love being a RN. I loved working in the ER but had difficulty with managements overall caring for their patients and staff. Appeared to have a culture of favoritism and most of us were called into Directors office to be reprimanded while leaving our patients unattended for long periods of time without concern. Love my patients and gave 120% at all times. Another problem was that management of our department did not have the qualifications to have the Director position but was given anyway when others with longevity and experience were turned down.
Pros
401 K
Cons
Verbally yelled at by management in front of others and not given opportunities to explain self, felt not supported enough by management when circumstances would arise, alot of favoritism, appeared to be singled out due to age
Hospital work/ floor nursing
Staff Nurse, Med-Surg (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 20, 2015
Med surg floor nursing is very demanding with lots of time on your feet, 6 patients at a time, doctors orders, passing meds, transporting to surgery and other places, etc
iR
Registered Nurse-Interventional Radiology (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 4, 2015
I worked IR for this company. we managed busy work loads and balanced heavy inpatient and outpatient cases.I would recommened to anyone willing to pull alot of call and overtime. not for a family person
OK place to work
RN Cardiac Progressive Care Unit - Acute Care (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2014
Work never ended. Working was not always team related. The hardest part of the job was figuring out what management wanted. Enjoyed the patients and the pay and benefits.
Pros
Patients, pay and benefits
Cons
Management lack of team work
Productive, constant work, great staff
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2014
My days would start out with morning portable xrays, then move on to any fluoroscopic exams and inpatient/outpatient exams. My days were always busy and keeping a neat and tidy work area with great patient care.
Also days included surgical procedures with portable c arms, and occasionally getting into sterile dress and assisting surgeons and or radiologists.
The benefits are very good, but it difficult to balance work and life.
Cashier/Cafeteria worker (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 16, 2014
Benefits, especially health insurance is very good.
However, my schedule is always changing which is hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job is exchanging jokes with co-workers or customers and sharing a laugh.
Pros
Good benefits, job security
Cons
Frequently changing shedule, long cummuter time
Facilities Coordinator
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 8, 2014
My employment at Arrowhead was very multi functional. Each day brought new challenges. These challenges allowed me to use my problem solving skills as well as maintaining an organized structure, which helped me effectively meet deadlines. During my employment at Arrowhead Hospital I continually studied methods of improving work measurements and performance standards.
Pros
I was able to challenge myself to my fullest abilities
Cons
Communication and consistency from upper management made it a challenge, sometimes a roadblock, to complete my required duties to my customers which, were all employees of the hospital.
Great team and positive outcomes.
RN Case Manager, Cardiac Unit, Medical Unit, ICU (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 30, 2014
This hospital has a pleasant work atmosphere where everyone works together as a team for positive outcomes for the patients. My manager is wonderful and strives to assist us in all areas including education. The new Cerner system will be quite user friendly in another month. My co-workers are friendly and outgoing and fun to be around. Our team of social workers and case managers is top notch and to me, working with these fine people and interacting with the patients and families is the best part of the job.
Pros
Friendly place to work.
Cons
Late hours almost every day. No paid education (CEU's) days.
nice environment
Student nurse Clinical rotations (Former Employee) –  CASeptember 20, 2014
This hospital apply good patient care in a nice environment