Arroyo Vista Family Health Center

Arroyo Vista Family Health Center Employee Reviews

Arroyo Vista Family Health Center
Triage RN/ Staff RN Clinic/ Charge RN (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: good nurses, rewarding job to help pts in poor areas
Cons: high turnover, low pay, stress, office politics
Horrible management, though I heard most people and nurses quit. Nurses are nice but very high turn over / bad nurse/ staff retention. Low paying. Requires transferring to other locations at times. Super busy clinic, stressful. Helping the underserved population is great, but working with unprofessional staff with lots of politics make it hard to actually like what you do here.
Great place to gain experience, but not for long term.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 24, 2012
Pros: company picnics, great coworkers, overtime
Cons: health insurance going up, no chance for advancement, no raises for the past three years
Arriving early always when early shift, to get reception ready for when we open doors by making sure we are stocked with pens and papers, forms etc.
I learned alot about sensistivty to peoples needs. When they are ill they really dont want to anwser questions.They need a service we are there to give. My coworkers are great with a few exceptions. But the most satisfying is helping people and seeing them leave happy after you have helped them.That is when they remmeber you and want to come back.
Great place to gain experience to advance or apply for a better paying job.
Referral processor/ Medical Assistant/ Outreach, (Former Employee), Highland Park, CAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: was seeing the patients happy because they were treated well.
Cons: not enough pay..
A typical day at work consisted of processing referrals, which was a great learning experience and consisted of dealing with various insurance companies to process and authorize referrals, and also make appts for patients to be seen by different specialist, depending on the illness, which would then determine what specialist to send pt's. My co-workers were helpful and very knowledgeable when it came to asking questions, and at the same time learning from each other. I believe that there is no job that is to hard when you have someone that is willing to answer and teach you in the proper manner, while at the same time making a day at work go smooth.
The most enjoyable part of the job was always knowing that work was complete and that the patients were taken care of, in a manner that they deserve, and that there needs as patients were always met.

Arroyo Vista Family Health Center Salaries