ARS National Services Employee Reviews in United States

Don't work here
Back End Collector (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 18, 2016
the only thing about this company that can be a con is they will give you the experince to learn how to a be a collector. I heard they fired the manager that was there causing all the drama. This place is Drama Drama Drama.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Friendly place to work.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 12, 2016
This job was extremely enjoyable. I was able to interact with customers and help them with personal situations. Also co-workers made being at work such a delight.
Collections Rep
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2016
Great company to work for if you are looking for bonus and incentives. Good company benefits. Hours are flexible. Great team atmosphere.
Pros
Company offers bonuses on top of regular pay
Cons
High turnover rate for collections dept.
Cut-throat work environment.
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 16, 2016
Basically you start doing well then they come up with ways to make things more difficult so that they can supposedly "challenge" you to be better, when all they did was change the rules in the middle of the game.
A day at ARS National
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2015
Working for ARS was interesting and very noisy. Management like you to yell out every time you take a payment which could get annoying.
productive
Customer Service Collector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaSeptember 16, 2015
Great place to work, very beneficial if you get people on the phone. employee and managers great and really work with you.
productive work place
Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 31, 2015
Working here was always a joy. Walking into work was always refreshing with smiling faces and co workers that all get along.
Pros
Understanding Managment
Cons
Commision not what was promised
Corporate lacks knowledge of satellite office
Sr Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2015
I worked for this company for 6 years. I got to experience many changes in upper management in the site. I feel that the Jacksonville office has so many issues because corporate lacks knowledge of upper managements decisions.
3rd Party collections
3rd Party Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2015
 Revamped Office filing system by converting paper forms to electronic format in Excel and Word
 Managed day to day activities of busy administrative office, provided support for administrator.
 Managed all outgoing correspondence and internal financial payments
 Sorting out payment plans
 Recording payments that are made
 Organizing customer files (every job has paperwork and admin)
 Chasing debtors and late payments
 Tracing debtors who move without telling the company (with the help of credit bureaus, telephone providers and even the post office)
Pros
N/a
Cons
No benefits
Call Center
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 23, 2015
The day is spent in a call center atmosphere, mostly outbound calling, dialers, and some inbound calls. It can be stressful but your attitude will also dictate your day. You have all tools at your disposal to succeed at the job and depending on your direct supervisor have all the support you need to be successful.
My co-workers have become a second family to me, and are a wonderful to go to work with daily. We rely on each other for help during the day on our calls.
The atmosphere can be very immature at time and some of the staff aren't qualified to be in management but somehow keep there jobs while the reps leave due to the disorganization at times and the immature nature of some of the supervisors. Like all places there are good and bad with everything though.
The hardest part of the job is not taking the work personally. If you can do that and are willing to learn and speak up when you have issues than this can be a good place to work
Pros
Want to make everyone successful and get a bonus check
Cons
not enough training for new hires
Lack Stability
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2015
Company was ok to work for. Friendly employees and management. Although not stable do to them going out of business. Job was not bad if you like Debt collecting. I just couldn't bring myself to disrespect people due to their lack of income to pay bills.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
Unstable
Good company
Senior collector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzMay 11, 2015
This was a great company to work for. Great environment, with good moral ethics. Customer service of high quality. Good employee benefits.
Productive, fun, results driven, and goal oriented
RECOVERY COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 23, 2015
The entire work day was devoted to the collection of debts. I learned to improve my negotiation's skills while working here. Management took a vey democratic approach and there was minimal supervision. My co-workers were all professional and very committed to doing whatever that was necessary to achieve the company's goal.

The job was not hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was skillfully convincing customer's to pay their financially obligation's.
Three out of five stars? Geez, I wonder how much they paid for someone to lie!
Collector (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CaFebruary 20, 2015
This company is absolutely horrible. There is literally no respect for the employees whatsoever. Little do the higher-ups know, the ones that are on the front lines making your calls and mailing out your letters are the engine/heart of your business. The ones that bring in the revenue literally get no respect from the upper management. For a collections business, the management's only real talent is micromanaging and focusing on all the wrong things. The company barely ever hits its goal and just finds ways to cut back on compensation for the employees. They are more concerned on finding frivolous ways to take money out of your pocket than developing ways to build you up and make you better at what you do. Most of the employees are > four hundred pounds and very miserable people. In the time that I have worked here, I have met less than ten people that are content with their position.

My advice to the upper management here - what you're doing is obviously not working. Literally nobody is happy working here. There is a reason why there is a 120% turnover rate. Your business has potential to flourish, however, as long as you have the same people running the show doing everything the same way every time, you're going nowhere. NTRS is not the answer. Take this to heart.
A review
Account representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2015
If you want to work collections this job is fine. However it is poor working conditions. They don't even clean the building
Fun Workplace
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 30, 2014
Fun workplace that felt like family. I had the opportunity to work many different products that afforded me an invaluable education.
Pros
company rewarded employees with free lunch, and other fun activities to show appreciation for their hard work.
Cons
sometimes management failed to communicate effectively with employees.
Third Party Collections
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2014
The primary job function was to make outbound collection calls on charged off credit accounts. This would require negotiation with the customer to develop a plan / budget in order to payoff the outstanding debt.
Pros
positive work environment / excellent training
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 4, 2014
It was a good job. Fast paced, high energy. I enjoyed working with my coworkers who were all diverse and smart.
This place is awful
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2014
This job is a lie from the beginning, they tell you that you are going to make x amount of dollars per hour and then make x amount of dollars in bonus and explain it in a way that is very vague and then once you get in the door. I had seven people in my training class, three left before the four weeks was over and after four months I was the last one to leave. VERY HIGH TURNOVER, benefits are mediocre at best. Your desk is a 2.5 ft by 2.5 ft cube where you can't even hear because your so close to the person next to you and they announce the mail with a bullhorn and then when you get a penalty for it on QA they tell you that you should have your phone muted. Management is a joke, I walked in the bathroom and there were people doing drugs in the bathroom. Worst place I have ever worked. I had to resign. You could not pay me enough to go back there.
Cons
everything else
A lot of perks to it's employees. They would really take care of us.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 22, 2014
Log on to your computer and open the sites you needed to work with for the day. Try to hunt consumers and try to work out a payment schedule to repay what they owe. In some cases we would lower the amount that they owe just to work out an amount he/she will repay. The hardest part was listening to these consumers and why they can't make payment arrangements. Their husband/wife just died, they have been out of work for 2 years..etc
Pros
gave us goals against other teams and they would give prizes, lunch, money, purchased items.
Cons
alot of stress, rude debtors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARS National Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9