ARS National Services Employee Reviews

Smoke and Mirrors
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 15, 2017
The company promises huge growth and chance of advancement but gives you little to no tools to get there.
Very high school atmosphere.
The company is not trying to improve anyone except their already top performers.
Turn over rate is extremely high
3rd party collections
Collector (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 7, 2017
I worked there over 7 years ago and I worked on the Chase accounts. My coworkers were rude and nasty to the clients. At times you could hear people yell at clients on the phone. My supervisor was very positive and encouraging. They gave me plenty of chance and training on how to collect.
Pros
If you are on the right team supervisor were encouraging and positive.
Cons
Most of the accounts were too old to collect on.
Company can do better with rewarding their employees
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 2, 2017
I learned to be more patient in making sure customers are secured with my voice and let them know someone is listening . The management at ARS is great they made sure your work was correct and gave guidance to do a better job. The hardest part of the job was making the customer understand we were here to help, that is where the patience comes in , you have to get them to trust you so better results can happen. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfaction I got once I helped a customer out of a bad situation and when they called back they only wanted to talk to me. That showed me I did a job well done.
Pros
People
Cons
Not enough company support for employees
Unfair Company
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 26, 2017
They change the rules on you and then they fire you, instead of helping you become a better collector they without warning let you go. A lot of favoritism within. The Trainer is too much into herself and her boyfriends with the company.
Good earning potential, Bad management and culture
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 12, 2017
Their system is set up in a way that hard-working, driven collectors and management professionals have the potential to create a great income; however, the horrible culture that has been created by management makes this company a "revolving door" with many previous and current employees filing lawsuits against the company for various reasons pertaining to events and treatment during their employment.
Pros
Flex schedule for top performers
Cons
Negative, stressful, and cut-throat culture
I would not recommend this job
COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 24, 2017
Challenging environment with a tendency for weak middle management and leadership, noticibly high employee turnover ratio, low pay structure, low level of employee morale.
Boiler Room
Collector (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 17, 2017
You take one day off. Your entire promise to pay desk would be wiped out. So You would have to work from scratch all over again. It was not an easy environment to work.
Pros
I did hit a bonus the third month I was there
Cons
Management changed the rules all the time
Temporary job
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 14, 2017
This was a call center environment and I spent 8 to 10 hours daily placing phone calls in an attempt to collect bad debt. The work place culture was unfortunately negative.
they have pingpong table
Transfer agent (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 9, 2017
You have to be use to changes. It's stressful. Always being yelled at. Work with different attitudes. That's just the co-workers. Customer on the other line can make like frustrating if you don't know how to handle different situations.
you will not have a future there
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 20, 2017
This place starts off as a real fun work place your excited to work but then they start changing the way you do things. They change there rules. They make sure top collectors stay on top and the other do the dirty work. Even the supervisors are in on the games they play. Then they take away your pay once they aren't seeing you growing cause they change there rules every month. The supervisors all just talk to each other and don't care about there team. Then they wonder why no one meets there goals or site goal. And the site director is never there to help her site. Then when you least expect it they will let you go and say it's for production reason cause they can't keep with one thing. Bad place don't work there if your looking for a long term job. Don't waste your time.
unprofessional work enviorment
favoritism non professional drama you do not want to work there. lots of lawsuits going on. etc you would not enjoy the workplace
Working with kids and family's
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Good place to work if you like being around kids and toys. You need to have good customer service and willing to always put customer first
Competitve salary and fun work place
Sr. Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Flexible hours and fun work environment. Commission is good with no cap. Clean work area, helpful staff and human resources
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Large Call Center
Meh
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Calling people to collect their debts wasnt easy and the training needs to be more focused on how to work with people. They did make the environment fun and the managers were very cool
Assist other agents (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 28, 2016
Management was involved on all aspects. We would have contests on a daily or weekly matter, to encourage reps to reach their individual goal as well as their team goal.
Not enough reward
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 23, 2016
This place always seems to find ways to make it harder on you to maintain your pay. Bonus structures changes and Processes to "increase revenue" seem to be more driven to pay less & get more work out of it.

the ONLY saving grace here is how flexible they are with scheduling, and how discipline isn't really a thing there.
not fair to write a reveiw , i wasnt there very long.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZDecember 11, 2016
The short time i was there , I had a great supervisor and trainer. I enjoyed my team members. Left because my Husband was transferred to NM .
Pros
fun place to work, good team leads
Cons
location is in downtown phx, and pay is not very high
Favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 25, 2016
Starts off good then down hill. Have to kiss up to get good accounts if not then you get horrible accounts. Supervisors dont help and they are more worried about talking to others. The site director just repeats the same thing and doesnt help to resolve the issues the project managers do the same. Unorganized place.
Pros
Cons
Horrible accounts, favoritism, have to work long hours to collect. Others in your accounts
It's okay if you want to go nowhere
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 31, 2016
Basic collection job with promises of making high amounts of bonus money in reality, the company all they do is constantly mistreat the employees when majority of the profits come from production. They do happen to have managers know what they are doing and well they have production managers who don't know how to run a floor along with a site manager who doesn't care about the employees. Trust me it's good to get a check but high turnover rate. Your better off somewhere else
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Micro managers, no bonus, pay is terrible, bad managment
Don't work here
Back End Collector (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 18, 2016
the only thing about this company that can be a con is they will give you the experince to learn how to a be a collector. I heard they fired the manager that was there causing all the drama. This place is Drama Drama Drama.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARS National Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9