ARS Employee Reviews in United States

Hard Fast Paced
Co-Manager of Asphalt Recycling Plant (Current Employee) –  Green Oaks, ILMay 23, 2016
Typical day was running machines to make the asphalt plant work. Learned a lot of new skills in driving skid steers to front loaders, taking care of belts and pulleys for asphalt and my main job was to make sure the liquid asphalt was mixed in properly. Had to work with each employee on a daily bases and teamwork is the best way to go. The hardest part of the job was the extreme heat of the heating drum. The most enjoyable was the enjoyment of a hard days work done.
Succeed
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 1, 2016
Work hard and you'll do well. Pay is competitive. Account Executives work on teams to assist debtors resolve delinquent debt. If you have skills in negotiation, you will be one of the best.
Pros
Commissions + Salary
Cons
N/A
People are a team while things are good...
Home Depot Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Originally loved the company and thought it was a great opportunity after being out of work for several months. RS Andrews has a long way to go and should bump up their skills when it comes to corporate America and what would be expected of who is being hired and which positions the employee is being hired for. Management staff is that of a small time business with the exception of Customer Service Manager. General Manager should re-educate himself on how to lead a team and how to cultivate both internal and external customers. First start for the General Manager would be to have a competent Human Resource Manager. This was the hardest part of being part of this company. HR and General Manager should not be Facebook buddy's their has to be a separation of the two but yet an understanding of the expectations of the GM.
Pros
Company car and company fuel card;
Cons
Healthcare was expensive; low salary for position
They rock
IT Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 18, 2016
ARS is excellent company to work for. They believe in looking after there team members and have a good value on family. They give yearly bonus and so far have not had to lay anyone off.
Good working conditions
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 18, 2016
I enjoyed working with the team! Co workers were very supportive.
Office environment was pleasant.
ARS has financial issues that was preventing them from paying their contractor workers on the time, causing issues with filling the time sensitive service call schedules.
Arizona attorney general came after them!
hvac technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 5, 2016
That said it all for me! Don't waste your time on ARS! You can do so much better!!!! ARS paid a high fine to the government and some how was able to remain in business. Terrible work environment!
Pros
Nice trucks
Cons
Dan McCarthy
Simple job with great customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holladay, UTDecember 3, 2015
I began the day with counting my till, cigarettes and alcohol. I would wipe down the pumps and restock shelves and maintain store appereance throughout the night.
I learned how to be more personable with my customers and have a great attitude while having a slow night.
My manager swore at me and was unprofessional.
I didn't have co-workers because I worked solo shifts.
The hardest part of the job was closing at a timely manner with the closing rush.
I loved getting to know all of my customers and greet them everyday.
productive and friendly place to work
BULK LEAD IN PACKAGING (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2015
Set up department issued work. Learned the built of a radiator. Had a supported management crew and coworkers. The most enjoyable part everyone was like family in the environment.
Pros
family environment
Cons
Healthcare
Productive and fun place to work
Senior DBA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
Great place to work. Free lunches and no unnecessary pressure. Good professionalism and good work and life balance.
Main office is in Seattle and head office is in Tennessee. Work from home can be done once a week.
Pros
Free lunches, management cooperative and professional
Cons
Office location is in the middle of no where
good place to work
PC TECHNICIAN & CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  whitehouse,txSeptember 17, 2015
it was an okay place to work other than the pay scale, i worked 7am-5pm and brought home about 800-1000 a month. for the amount of work i put in the pay was killing me
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 14, 2015
Management is always changing. I have only been there about 2 years and it feels as if the director has switched hands about 4-5 times.

As far as the atmosphere and the pay for only working once a week those are all pros.
Pros
Atmosphere-hours
Cons
Not the greatest place to work. No job security.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSAugust 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working along side my co-workers. The hours and the pay were great.. Management is good.
Review
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJuly 4, 2015
Management is fair and tries their best to work with you when it comes to family business. The hours can be long but the pay for technicians and plumbers is commission based.
U/a
Marketing Manager/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOJune 15, 2015
• Inbound/ Outbound calling
• Setting up new collection agency
• Recruiting for new clients for company
• Making payment arrangements
• Making settlement offers
• Communicating with attorney on files ready for legal action
• Skip tracing
• Recording payments into Quick books
• Reconciliation of invoices
BOOKKEEPER/STAFF ACCOUNTANT/HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 11, 2015
The company was a good place to work. People friendly. This location is now out of business. Day was good this was over ten years ago. Company is now out of business,
outside security guard
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 7, 2015
secured parking lots, learned to profile people and screech for suspicious activity, no co-workers, management was hard to get of hold of sometimes. when equipment failed and working overnight, working outside during day were weather was perfect.
Pros
working outside
Cons
still had to work during hurricanes
this job sucks
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 19, 2015
call center is very small poor management company doesnt care about employees they star at $10hr you have to call out to 300 cap1 an chase customer a day to collect debt have to collect 10k a month to keep your job
Great to be a part of the company serving developmentally disabled clients.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job at ARS was to meet daily with our clients with disabilities, discover their unique personality and respect their integrity.
Pros
Most of the clients were very friendly and with good behavior.
Cons
Not able to serve them anymore.
Poor Management
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 15, 2015
DO NOT WORK HERE -- Management is horrible to work with and for.

I would not recommend this employer to anyone. They offer promises but just lie. They treat customers as a commodity and only out for the immediate sales.
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMarch 18, 2015
My job is to assist interested customers in Hvac which is air & heating I set up appointments & handle all the Hvac related sales.