Art Institute of California

Art Institute of California Employer Reviews

Huge Work Load/ Constant change in leadership
Director of Career Services (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: colllege reimbursement packages/ retirement packages
Cons: constant change and huge work load
The Art Institute is challenging but fulfilling work. It requires great skilling in time management and multitasking. My co-workers are hard working and honest. It fosters an environment of doing what is best for the students and graduates.
fun school
Ride Operator (Current Employee), Valencia, CAMay 15, 2014
A fun and social place where you can learn about different people. A great place to earn your degree in.
Walking on Eggshells
Assistant Mailroom Coordinator (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 29, 2014
Assisted admissions department with enrollment paperwork and support relating to enrollment processes. Operated new student orientation events.
Productive & fun place to work.
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: amazing supervisor.
Very talented team of employees. Student needs always a priority.
Productive, energetic workplace, creative, fulfilling
Fashion Marketing Instructor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: free access to trend websites, industry news sites, personal and professional growth
Cons: healthcare, not enough teaching hours
-Create and deliver class lectures based on marketing curriculum
-Provide feedback on how to improve assignments
-Assign projects which build off of the previous weeks work
-Assign grades

-I believe that each student is a unique individual and it is my role to guide them by providing access to information, people, and experiences, which will further – more... their growth and interest in their desired discipline. I make it a point to talk to him or her rather than talk at them and have found this to have a positive impact on the students’ attitude and behavior because it gives them a sense of security, and individuality and also allows them to discover their fullest potential as a person and a professional.

-I fully respected and had a good relationship with the program director. She was fair, honest, and incredibly knowledgeable in regards to the industry.

-Co-workers came from all industries and were a wealth of knowledge

-For myself, teaching provides an opportunity for continual learning and growth. One of my expectations as an instructor is to instill a love of learning in my students, as I share my own passion for learning with them. In our competitive society it is important for students to work with someone who is aware of their individual needs. I am such a person and will always strive to be the best educator that I can be. – less
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 15, 2013
Pros: free education
Cons: company downsizing
• Providing strategic management of the accounting and finance functions
• Directing accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
• Managing or overseeing the relationship with independent auditors
• Coordinating and managing the annual budget process
• Communicating the company’s actual performance versus budgets and objectives to senior – more... management; recommending growth and/or change strategies as well as identifying areas for improvement
• Collaborating with leaders of other departments to prepare for critical business opportunities and achievement of strategic objectives
• Performing financial modeling and analysis
• Financial and Administrative policy governance including review and administration
• Hiring, training, reviewing, and retaining competent accounting and finance staff. – less
Professional and fun place to work at.
Student Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Hollywood, CAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: satisfaction of being able to help. participating in special events.
Cons: commute.
Regular day at the office was always assisting students, assisting management with any pending projects. Had really good relationships with co- workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was able to help students with financial difficulties by working out a better re-payment plan for them.
Adjunct faculty-History (Current Employee), Hollywood, CAApril 22, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: not enough work
Great work environment, nice people, nice students.

Work mornings and evenings good security on campus
Love this place
Adjunct faculty-History (Current Employee), Hollywood, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: not enough work
Would work more if they gave me more. The students and administration are great,
Ai has a
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMarch 18, 2013
Pros: big better known learning institution, thorough training, helping students and families
Cons: big better known institution, thorough training, quota driven
Art Institute is successful and recognized for very good reasons. They leave little to chance with a complete training on their methods for each department and aspect of the recruitment and matriculation process of students. Hard work and ambition is encouraged and rewarded.

Helping students is a great experience each and everytime, but ensuring every – more... student survives a focused learning environment can be the most challenging aspect. – less
Productive and fun workplace
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2013
My Job at The Art Institute consists of recruiting students. I have learned how to run my own business here. The most enjoyable part has been changing students' lives by helping them get to their careers through education.
Great School.
Assistant Director (Former Employee), San Francisco, CaJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: great pay, benefits.
Cons: bad management, no life/work balance.
Management is what you would call cutthroat. Co-workers are always stressed out from meeting numbers (under pressure from the Director and Managers.) Senior Director have little or no care for it's recruiters well being. Employees dislike the culture, but they also need a job.
Good job out of college
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Orange, CAJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits. great co-workers
Cons: long work hours
Typical day at work would consist of calling 50 plus potential students and booking tour/appointments. After meeting with prospects the goal was to enroll them into Art programs.

The managers at Ai were very organized and number drivin.

My co-workers at Ai were amazing. Extremely friendly and very helpful. Good balance of young and older individuels.

The – more... hardest part about this job were the hours. Worked almost every weekend (which was not mentioned in the job interview) Long hours with no over-time. Also, managers were number drivin and would want admissions reps to enroll all candidates even if they were not a good fit for the school.

The most enjoyable part about this job was meeting prospective students and their families. Helping students enroll into art programs. – less
Great company!
Personal Assistant to Dean (Former Employee), Hollywood, CAJune 25, 2012
I had lots of fun with this position. My boss was great! I had to quit due to my school work load.
Very fun work environment.
Media Assitant (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 23, 2012
My typical day at work starts off with my to do list then I meet with my supervisor to confirm the list. Then I complete the assignments and continue on to each project. Each day I learn how to push my skills to the next level. The most enjoyable part of my day is when the project includes student events and social interactions.
I enjoyed my employment with the Art Institute
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Accounting OfficeDecember 22, 2011
As an accounting assistant, my responsibilities ranged from accepting and inputting students payments into administrative database. I was also responsible for mail handling, and collection calls for past due accounts.